FOUR NJ JEWISH SINGLES PARTIES SUNDAYS AT NOON

  • mangonepapaya
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2003
      FOUR NJ JEWISH SINGLES PARTIES SUNDAYS AT NOON

      Please note that our group is neither a Reform, nor a
      Conservative, nor an Orthodox group, it is simply a Jewish Singles
      group. We provide the information as garnered from the restaurants
      we go to, concerning the Kashrut, or lack of same, at each restaurant.
      We are not affiliated with any of the restaurants. Just be Jewish,
      single,
      21-59 to come to our events. You can be Reform or Conservative or
      Orthodox,etc.

      PARTY NUMBER ONE:
      Jewish Singles Party in New Jersey Sunday June 8th, 2003 c.e.
      at NOON sharp! At Manhattan Kosher
      Restaurant which is
      located at 26B Chestnut Ridge Road,
      Montvale, New Jersey
      telephone number: (201)307-8707 in the
      Chestnut Ridge Shopping Center.
      Please be Jewish, single, 21-59. As
      always we never charge
      a fee for our events. Just pay for
      what you order plus tax and tip.
      Just ask the waiters or waitresses
      where the singles table(s)
      are/is This is a small restaurant
      but be prepared to have a big meal if
      you are hungry. This is a
      non-smoking restaurant. Please honor
      our age requirements. IF YOU ARE
      OVER 59 OR UNDER 21 PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THANKS Take the Garden State
      Parkway North to Exit 172 make a left at the light at the exit then
      make
      a left at the next light onto Chestnut Ridge Road
      then go about half a mile then make a right into the Chestnut Ridge
      Shopping Center on your right. IF YOU GET LOST PLEASE CALL THE
      RESTAURANT at (201)307-8707 Although this restaurant is called
      Manhattan
      restaurant it is definitely in New Jersey, not in New York.
      (This is a Kosher restaurant under Orthodox supervision of ordained
      Yeshiva Torah V'daath Beth Medrash Elyon, Monsey, Rabbi Israel
      Steinberg
      (718) 232-4275 1823 53rd Street Brooklyn, NY, 11204 whose Kosher
      certificates
      along with those from the State of New Jersey hang in the restaurant
      window.Please note that our group is neither a Reform, nor a
      Conservative, nor an Orthodox group, it is simply a Jewish Singles
      group. We provide the information as garnered from the restaurants
      we go to, concerning the Kashrut, or lack of same, at each restaurant.
      We are not affiliated with any of the restaurants.)
      This is a Kosher Jewish restaurant serving traditional Jewish American
      food. Although it is NOT a vegetarian restaurant vegetable cutlets,
      Kasha Varnishkes, salads, Kasha knishes, spinach and broccoli
      knishes, a small salad bar, desserts,etc. are available for those
      who happen to be vegetarian. Please honor our age requirements. IF
      YOU ARE OVER 59 OR UNDER 21
      PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THANKS- We're really serious about our age range
      ! Absolutely! Positively! Reservations are NOT required. Please
      save the date! Sunday JUNE 8th, 2003. At NOON sharp!
      This is your chance to get away from your computer! To come out to
      the real world!
      the restaurant is moderately priced and the food is good. We hope to
      see you there. Reservations are NOT required. You do not have to be a
      member in order to attend. Should you decide to become a member
      remember that membership is free! We are really strict about our age
      limits. If you are under 21 or over 59 please do not attend our
      events. Thank You. p.s. a special request
      to help make our events even more successful! Please invite every
      Jewish single friend you have who is between 21 and 59 by forwarding
      this to them Thanks very much.
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      NJ JEWISH SINGLES NETWORK seeks to bring Jewish Singles who are over
      21 and under 60 in New Jersey together via the net and in real life.
      We hope that members will share information about themselves and about
      events that are coming up. If anyone wishes to have a house party, a
      movies and dinner group, or other activity let us share that
      information too.
      Let us all get together on the net and in real life. Please pass
      along this information to everyone you know thanks
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59
      Subscribe:
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME FOR INFORMATION REGARDING THE GROUP OR THE
      EVENT INSTEAD PLEASE POST YOUR QUERIES AT THE GROUP THANKS Please
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59@yahoogroups.com
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      IF YOU ARE OVER 59 OR UNDER 21 PLEASE DO
      NOT ATTEND THANKS. See You Sunday JUNE 8TH at NOON sharp!
      This is a non-smoking restaurant! Just ask the waitresses or waiters
      for the
      singles table(s).

      PARY NUMBER TWO: SUNDAY JUNE 15TH AT NOON SHARP! At Jerusalem
      Restaurant (this is a cafeteria) The restaurant describes itself
      as serving "Contemporary Vegetarian Cuisine", although non-
      vegetarians also have a selection of fish dishes to choose from.
      The restaurant is Shomer Shabbos and the original was established
      in 1974. It is under the supervision of Orthodox Rabbis of Metro
      West. As noted above, our group is neither a Reform, nor a
      Conservative, nor an Orthodox group, it is simply a Jewish Singles
      group. We provide the information as garnered from the restaurants
      we go to, concerning the Kashrut, or lack of same, at each restaurant.
      We are not affiliated with any of the restaurants. Jerusalem
      Restaurant is located at 99 West Mount Pleasant Avenue (also known
      as Route 10) in Livingston NJ, The telephone number of the restaurant,
      in case you get lost is 973 533-1424. The menu includes Vegetarian
      Falafel, Chumus, Dairy, Pizza,salads,pasta,kugels, knishes,
      latkes,
      pierogies, quiches,vegetarian (soy) stuffed pepper, stuffed cabbage,
      vegetarian meatballs,vegetarian chili, vegetarian cholent, soups,
      sandwiches, on pitas, bagels, cream cheese, lox, etc. Again, this is
      a cafeteria, pay only for what you order plus tax. We will be there
      at NOON sharp on Sunday June 15th.

      Directions to Jerusalem Restaurant
      (cafeteria) are as follows: From the Garden State Parkway North or
      South,
      take Exit 145 to Route 280 WEST to Exit 5A Livingston South, go a
      little over
      a mile to the 2nd light. Make a right at the 2nd light onto Mount
      Pleasant Avenue (also known as Route 10) go almost 3 tenths of a
      mile, the restaurant is located just past the VFW, make a left into
      the Jerusalem Restaurant parking lot. Go into the cafeteria, get your
      food, and find us at one or more of the tables in the cafeteria at
      NOON SHARP on Sunday June 15th. Note if you are coming from the WEST
      take Route 280 EAST to Exit 5A Livingston South and follow the
      directions above. If you are taking Route 287 North or South take
      Route 287 to Route 80 East then take Route 280 Eastbound to Exit
      5A Livingston South and follow the directions above.

      PARTY NUMBER THREE: NOON SUNDAY JUNE 22ND, WE WILL BE BACK
      AT MANHATTAN RESTAURANT, WHICH, DESPITE ITS NAME IS LOCATED IN
      NEW JERSEY, SEE DIRECTIONS AND DETAILS ABOVE IN PARTY NUMBER ONE.

      PARTY NUMBER FOUR: NOON SUNDAY JUNE 29TH, WE WILL BE BACK AT
      JERUSALEM RESTAURANT (CAFETERIA) SEE DIRECTIONS AND DETAILS ABOVE IN
      PARTY NUMBER TWO.

      ALL OF OUR EVENTS ARE FREE. YOU MUST BE JEWISH,
      SINGLE, 21-59 TO ATTEND. YOU PAY ONLY FOR WHAT YOU ORDER PLUS
      TAX, AND WHERE APPLICABLE, AS AT MANHATTAN RESTAURANT, TIP ALSO.
      THERE IS NO CHARGE TO JOIN OUR GROUP, NO CHARGE TO ATTEND OUR EVENTS.
      ALL OF OUR EVENTS ARE SMOKE-FREE AT SMOKE-FREE RESTAURANTS.
      THERE IS NO SMOKING AT ANY OF OUR EVENTS. IF YOU ARE UNDER 21 OR
      OVER 59 PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND OUR EVENTS. THANK YOU

      A SPECIAL EVENT FOR SCIENCE FICTION FANS IS DESCRIBED BELOW.
      WE ARE NOT AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY WITH THE SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATION
      OF BERGEN COUNTY, NEW JERSEY, WHICH IS SPONSORING THIS EVENT AT THE
      BARNES AND NOBLE BOOKSTORE ON ROUTE 46 WEST BOUND IN WEST PATERSON,
      NEW JERSEY.
      IT IS NOT ONE OF OUR EVENTS BUT IS LISTED IN THIS EMAIL POST FOR
      THOSE WHO
      ARE INTERESTED IN SCIENCE FICTION:
      On Saturday evening June 14th The Science Fiction Association of
      Bergen County
      New Jersey, (SFABC), will present noted author and philosopher Samuel
      Florman
      at the Barnes and Noble bookstore in West Paterson, New Jersey at its
      monthly
      meeting. For more information about the event contact the SFABC.
      The group usually adjourns to a nearby non-Kosher diner after its
      monthly meetings, which are usually held at a different location.
      However there is a non-Kosher diner with a large non-smoking section,
      favored
      by many group members and officials, which is close to the Barnes and
      Noble
      bookstore in West Paterson, New Jersey, and is the likely site of a
      post-event
      gathering by the group.
      "as the engineer Samuel Florman has pointed out, the Old Testament
      frequently lauds the value, both utilitarian and
      aesthetic, of the artifacts of early technology ([Florman 94], pp.
      110-112)" above quote from:
      Spirituality in the Poems
      http://www.greenshade.com/spirituality.html
      information below from
      http://users.bestweb.net/~jamesl/SFABC.html
      For additional information on the SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATION OF
      BERGEN COUNTY,
      NEW JERSEY (SFABC) updates, contact Phil DeParto:
      By Voice: (201) 447-3652
      By snail-mail:
      SFABC c/o Phil DeParto
      136 Manhattan Avenue
      Waldwick, NJ 07463
      USA
      Contact Information:
      E-Mail Contact: James E La Barre
      sfabc@... (primary address)

      THE YAHOO GROUP LISTED BELOW IS ANOTHER RESOURCE FOR SCIENCE FICTION
      FANS IN NEW JERSEY. IT IS NOT AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY WITH THE SCIENCE
      FICTION
      ASSOCIATION OF BERGEN COUNTY, NEW JERSEY, WHOSE SATURDAY EVENING JUNE
      14TH
      EVENT IS DESCRIBED DIRECTLY ABOVE.
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS
      Wants you! We plan to get together at restaurants and to go to
      movies. All of
      the restaurants we want to go to will be non-smoking restaurants in
      New Jersey.
      All of the movies we want to see will be Science Fiction movies. We
      will see
      them in movie theaters and if people are kind enough, on people's
      home VCRs, or
      DVD players, for the technologically advanced among us. We will NEVER
      charge
      money for any of our events. Everything will be strictly Dutch Treat.
      Buy your
      own movie tickets. Buy your own meals at Restaurants. Hopefully a
      typical event
      would involve going to a Science Fiction Movie and then to a
      Restaurant to
      discuss the movie we just saw. We also hope to go individually or as
      a group to
      any other worthwhile events people may know of in New Jersey. Home
      base is the
      Essex County / Morris County area to start with. If we go to
      someone's home,
      bring your own potluck yummies to munch on. No money changes hands.
      Please do
      post your ideas for club events. Email attachments are not permitted
      Please
      feel free to discuss science fiction books and stories you have read,
      or
      written, your favorite authors, favorite science fiction movies or TV
      shows,
      etc. in person and via email or at the web site Please do come to
      events.
      Escape From Your Computer! All of our events will be both Smoke-Free
      and
      Feline-Free for the cat allergy victims amongst us. So if you let us
      use your
      home for an event make sure it is both Smoke-Free and Feline Free. No
      drugs or
      booze will be allowed at any of our club events. Why should you join
      an
      organization that would have someone like you as a member? Well, half
      of
      success in life is just showing up on time. Show up here at the web
      site, or
      via email, and especially, in person, in real life, at our events,
      and find
      out.. This club is for everyone 21 or older. Younger fans should find
      another
      club.
      For more information:
      Post message: NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS@yahoogroups.com