JEWISH SINGLES EVENTS

  • jewishinnj
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
      JEWISH SINGLES EVENTS
      from: Lisa Cohn aforestclearing@...
      Lisa was kind enough to post it at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesOfNJ/message/1532
      we have no connection to Lisa or to the event in her post.
      here is her item:
      Jewish Singles - Sunday Brunch, April 2, 11 a.m.
      For Single Jewish Professionals (age 20's & 30's only)
      Original Pancake House
      Bloomfield Ave, West Caldwell
      April 2, 11am

      Do you: Find it hard to meet other young Jewish Professionals in
      Northern
      NJ? Do you do online dating on your breaks & lunch hour? Have you
      had enough?
      Here's a better solution: Meet new friends & more in a casual,
      stress-free
      setting, see new movies, eat out, just hang out & have fun!
      http://www.ShomreiTorahWCC.org/singles.html
      end of item from Lisa

      Our Jewish singles groups have no connection with the events above
      or below or anywhere in this post. We do not know who the group
      calling itself "Jewish Singles" in these event items is.
      From The Star-Ledger Ticket Section of Friday March 31st, 2006
      c.e.
      "ENGLEWOOD, NEW JERSEY, HAPPY HOUR, FOR AGES 30-47, SPONSORED BY
      JEWISH SINGLES, TUESDAY APRIL 4TH, 2006 C.E. 6:30 P.M. $5 BENNIGAN'S
      412 SOUTH VAN BRUNT STREET, CALL 201 569-9797."
      Our Jewish singles groups have no connection with the events above
      or below or anywhere in this post. We do not know who the group
      calling itself "Jewish Singles" in these event items is.
      A free fantastic Jewish singles resource
      can be found at the url below

      http://www.thejewishpeople.org/
      You may post your own introductions there, with our without photos
      of yourself and may also search for other Jewish singles there
      by state, gender, age range, etc.
      Everything there is free.
      We have no connections whatsoever to the site
      but if you do post your photo there you may wish to
      include the url where your photo may be found at that
      site in your introductions and responses to other introductions
      that you post at our Yahoo Jewish singles groups.
      Our Yahoo Jewish singles groups are listed below:
      Time to Post Your Introduction
      Please post your introduction to the appropriate Jewish Singles Group
      (s) below.
      Please state that you are Jewish in your introduction and when you
      reply to an introduction and in your membership applications.
      Post message: JewishSinglesOfNJ@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: JewishSinglesOfNJ-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      JewishSinglesOfNJ seeks to bring Jewish Singles in New Jersey
      together via the
      net and in real life.
      We hope that members will share information about themselves
      and about events that are coming up. If anyone wishes to
      have a house party, a movies and dinner group, or other
      activity let us share that information too. If you are
      single, Jewish, in New Jersey over 21
      you have come to the right place to meet other single
      Jews. Welcome! Please state that you are Jewish, if you are Jewish,
      when you
      apply to join this group and when you post your introductions and
      when you reply
      to other posts. This is a Jewish Singles Group.
      Jewish Singles From Everywhere
      for Jewish Singles 21 and over from everywhere
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesFromEverywhere/
      Post message: JewishSinglesFromEverywhere@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: JewishSinglesFromEverywhere-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      If You Are Single, Jewish, over 21, you have come to the Right
      Place. Please
      state that you are Jewish, if you are Jewish, when you apply to join
      this group
      and when you post your introductions and when you reply to other
      posts. This is
      a Jewish Singles Group.
      Post message: JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael
      If you are Pro-Israel, Jewish,single,21 or over,
      in or near New Jersey, join us.
      Participate in our events.
      Our Jewish singles groups have no connection with any of the events
      mentioned in this post.
      Material immediately below is from:
      http://www.jstandard.com/categories/Singles/
      saturday [april 1]
      Swing dance Basherte hosts a swing dance celebration, featuring a
      meet and greet, beverages, and refreshments, at Empire Dance Studio
      in Manhattan, 8-10 p.m. Swing lessons, 10-11:30 p.m. 127 W. 25th
      St., 11th Floor, (between 6th and 7th avenues), Buzzer #17. $15 with
      registration by March 31 at 5 p.m., $25 at the door. Call (212) 645-
      2441 or visit www.basherte.org. Co-sponsored by Basherte & Empire
      Dance Studio.
      Comedy in Tenafly Bill Ervolino, a humor columnist for The Record,
      performs for Jewish Singles of All Ages at the JCC on the Palisades
      in Tenafly, 8:30 p.m. Co-sponsored by the JCC-Y of Rockland.
      Separate receptions are planned for singles, 30-45 and singles, 45-
      59. Beer and munchies will be served. $20 at the door. (201) 569-
      7900, ext. 435.
      sunday [april 2]
      Atlantic City trip B'nai Brunchies, the senior singles Jewish brunch
      group for those older than 60 that meets at the Fair Lawn Jewish
      Center, takes a trip to Atlantic City. Information, Fred, (201) 797-
      3014.
      Pancakes Shomrei Torah Jewish singles, 20s-30s, meet at the Original
      Pancake House in West Caldwell, 11 a.m. Bloomfield Avenue. E-mail
      Lisa Cohn at aForestClearing@.... Group information,
      www.ShomreiTorahwcc.org/singles.html.
      tuesday [april 4]
      Happy hour Jewish singles, 40-57, from the JCC on the Palisades in
      Tenafly, meet for happy hour at the Blue Sky Karaoke Lounge at the
      Hilton Hotel in Fort Lee, 6:30 p.m. $5. Munchies and cash bar. Route
      4 East. (201) 569-7900, ext. 435.
      saturday [april 8]
      Jewish museum night Jewish singles meet for an evening at the
      Metropolitan Museum of Art, 6 p.m. They will meet at the Jewish
      Museum on Thursday, April 27, at 6. www.92Y.org or (212) 415-5500.
      Theater trip B'nai Brunchies, the senior singles Jewish brunch group
      for those older than 60 that meets at the Fair Lawn Jewish Center,
      takes a trip to the Bethwood to see "The Godfather's Meshuggener
      Wedding." Information, Fred, (201) 797-3014.
      sunday [april 9]
      Brunch for seniors B'nai Brunchies, the senior singles Jewish brunch
      group for those older than 60, meets at the Fair Lawn Jewish Center
      for brunch, entertainment by a Big Band singer, and activities,
      11:30 a.m. Attendees should bring non-perishable food for donation
      to the Food Bank. Next brunch is April 23. Future plans include a
      picnic, swim parties, and a trip to Mohegan Sun on April 25. Fred,
      (201) 797-3014.
      Spring Walk on the Palisades
      Sunday, April 9 • 11 am
      Cancelled in event of rain
      Enjoy the sights and sounds of spring on this moderate walk with
      Jeff. Meet at
      the JCC to carpool to the Stateline Lookout. Go out for lunch after
      the walk (at
      your expense).
      Reservation requested, call ext. 435.
      $3 JCC members, $5 Nonmembers

      Singles of All Ages
      A Night of Comedy with Bill Ervolino
      Saturday, April 1 • 8:30 pm
      Bill Ervolino is the well known twice-weekly humor columnist at the
      Bergen
      Record.
      Bill does stand-up comedy and has performed at Bananas, in NYC at
      the Duplex and
      many more. Don't miss this really fun evening. Beer and Munchies.
      Reservations requested, call ext. 435.
      $17 if paid by March 30 • $20 at the door
      Not For Singles Only
      Traditional Passover Seder
      Wednesday April 12, 8:00 pm
      Join other families, seniors and singles for a traditional Seder in
      a warm,
      comfortable setting. Led by Rabbi Chaim Boyarsky. Enjoy a complete
      dinner
      including gefilte fish, chicken matzah ball soup, salad, roast
      chicken, kugel,
      tzimmes, coffee/tea, and cake.
      Reservations with payment must be made by April 5, call ext. 204
      $40 for adults and seniors, $20 for children under 8.
      If you wish to be seated at a singles table please specify when
      making
      reservations

      JCC on the Palisades * 411 E. Clinton Avenue * Tenafly, NJ 07670 *
      201·569·7900
      For more information contact:
      Esther Mazor, Singles Director x460
      emazor@...

      To register please contact:
      Stephanie Cangro, Singles Administrative Assistant x435
      scangro@...
      http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/articlenav.php?id=84
      items below were found at:
      http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/articlenav.php?id=84
      Singles 40-57 Singles Schmooze
      Sundays, March 19 & April 16 • 6 pm
      Spend a casual evening getting to know other singles through
      discussions on
      various topics determined by the participants.
      Led by Jeff and Elaine
      $4 JCC members, $6 Nonmembers

      Happy Hour
      Tuesday, April 4 • 6:30 pm
      Takes place at the Hilton Hotel on Rt. 4 East in Fort Lee
      Get into the holiday spirit at the Blue Sky Karaoke lounge with
      other singles.
      Enjoy socializing, karaoke and shoot some pool. Munchies and drinks
      (cash bar).
      Registration required at ext. 435. Fee: $5

[...]

      http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/articlenav.php?id=85
      items below were found at
      http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/articlenav.php?id=85
      Walk With Liz Historic Hoboken: The Old & The New Sunday, March
      26 • 9 am This
      mile square city is home of 17 sites on the National Register of
      Historic
      Places. Meet at the JCC for carpooling at 9am, or at 10am in the
      waiting room of
      the old Lackawanna railroad station. Parking is available on the
      street or you
      can take the Path train to Hoboken, and then a short walk to waiting
      room. Wear
      comfortable walking shoes and be able to walk for two hours. Go out
      for lunch
      after the walk (at your expense). Allow 4-5 hours for full outing.
      $2.00 car
      pooling charge. No FeeSingles of All Ages A Night of Comedy with Bill
[...]
      when making reservations For more information contact: Esther Mazor,
      Singles
      Director x460 emazor@... To register please
      contact: Stephanie
      Cangro, Singles Administrative Assistant x435
      scangro@...
      JCC on the Palisades * 411 E. Clinton Avenue * Tenafly,
      NJ
      07670 *
      201·569·7900

      A free fantastic Jewish singles resource
      can be found at the url below

      http://www.thejewishpeople.org/
      You may post your own introductions there, with our without photos
      of yourself and may also search for other Jewish singles there
      by state, gender, age range, etc.
      Everything there is free.
      We have no connections whatsover to the site
      but if you do post your photo there you may wish to
      include the url where your photo may be found at that
      site in your introductions and responses to other introductions
      that you post at our Yahoo Jewish singles groups.
      Enter your vote today!
      Have you used http://www.thejewishpeople.org/ below yet?
      Are you planning to use it?
      A free fantastic Jewish singles resource
      can be found at the url below

      http://www.thejewishpeople.org/
      You may post your own introductions there, with our without photos
      of yourself and may also search for other Jewish singles there
      by state, gender, age range, etc.
      Everything there is free.
      We have no connections whatsoever to the site,
      but if you do post your photo there you may wish to
      include the url where your photo may be found at that
      site, in your introductions, and responses to other introductions,
      that you post at our Yahoo Jewish singles groups.
      o Yes I have used http://www.thejewishpeople.org/
      o I have not yet used http://www.thejewishpeople.org/
      o I plan to use http://www.thejewishpeople.org/
      o I recommend http://www.thejewishpeople.org/
      o I will post my thoughts about http://www.thejewishpeople.org/ To
      vote, please
      visit the following web page:
      web site listed above.
      Thanks!
      Time to Post Your Introduction
      Please post your introduction to the appropriate Jewish Singles Group
      (s) below.
      Please state that you are Jewish in your introduction and when you
      reply to an introduction and in your membership applications.
      JewishSinglesOfNJ For Jewish Singles 21 and over from the New Jersey
      area
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesOfNJ/
      Post message: JewishSinglesOfNJ@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: JewishSinglesOfNJ-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Jewish Singles From Everywhere
      for Jewish Singles 21 and over from everywhere
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesFromEverywhere/
      Post message: JewishSinglesFromEverywhere@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: JewishSinglesFromEverywhere-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael
      If you are Pro-Israel, Jewish,single,21 or over,
      in or near New Jersey, join us.
      Participate in our events.
      Post message: JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Please also do your part to help Israel by joining pro-Israel groups
      both on line and in real life.
      Some pro-Israel on line groups are listed below:
      Post message: IsraelAndAmericaTogetherForVictory@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelAndAmericaTogetherForVictory-
      subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Post message: IsraelMustLive@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelMustLive-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Post message: IsraelNowAndForever@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelNowAndForever-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Post message: IsraelTheBestFriendAmericaHas@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelTheBestFriendAmericaHas-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Post message: OperationCSPAN@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: OperationCSPAN-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      c-span, also known as C-SPAN provides much valuable information.
      However, we are
      distressed that programs like
      Washington Journal on c-span seem to provide a forum for
      anti-Semites and enemies of Israel and the Jewish people in
      general who seem to not only call into that t.v. show, but get
      through, and get
      on the air, where they are seldom interupted or cut off by the show's
      moderators. We feel that a 2 minute delay could enable the show's
      moderators to
      screen out the anti-Semites and enemies of Israel and the Jewish
      people, however
      no such 2 minute delay seems to be in place. Moreover the moderators
      of that
      show and others do not seem to be of a mind to cut off the anti-
      Semites and
      other enemies of Israel and the Jewish people in general who
      regularly call into
      that show and others
      on c-span. We have therefore created this Yahoo Group in the hopes
      that members
      of the group will become regular viewers of c-span and will call in
      regularly to
      Washington Journal and other c-span call in t.v. shows, to support
      Israel and
      the Jewish people and to counter the anti-Semites and other enemies
      of Israel
      and the Jewish people whose calls are regularly aired on c-span. We
      also hope
      that members of our Yahoo Group will contact their U.S.
      Senators and members of Congress and President Bush at
      http://www.whitehouse.gov to see what can be done about
      the situation at c-span.
      Post message: PeopleForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: PeopleForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Post message: PeopleWhoSupportIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: PeopleWhoSupportIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Post message: WeAreForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: WeAreForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Post message: WeStandUpForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: WeStandUpForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Post message: AmericansForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: AmericansForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      If you know of other pro-Israel on line groups and/or pro-Israel
      groups that meet in real life please post the information about them
      If you happen to be from Bergen County, New Jersey you might wish to
      take advantage of these other resources:
      a) (we are not connected in any way with the Science Fiction
      Association of Bergen County, New Jersey
      but have gone to many of its wonderful events and highly
      recommend them.)
      http://www.sfabc.org/
      the Science Fiction Association of Bergen County, New Jersey
      whose very frequent meetings are mostly male and heavily, though not
      exclusively Jewish. They usually have a large meeting on the second
      Saturday night of each month after which they usually go out to a
      non-Kosher non-smoking diner. They also have a Yahoo group
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SFABCNJ/
      They also meet in other locations in New Jersey outside Bergen County
      and b) (we are not connected in any way with the JCC on the Palisades
      but have gone to many of its wonderful events and highly
      recommend them.)
      http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/
      which has many different Jewish singles and other Jewish
      activities "Visit the JCC on the Palisades and enhance your life.
      This Jewish Community Center can meet your family's varied needs.
      Singles Year-Round Programming Twelve months a year, the Singles
      Department
      offers a variety of programs in a comfortable, relaxing, non-
      pressured setting.
      Choose an event or activity to meet your needs. If you have ideas
      for new
      programs, join one of our
      planning committees and we'll welcome your input! Please call ext.
      435 or 460.
      JCC on the Palisades 411 E. Clinton Avenue Tenafly, NJ 07670 201-569-
      7900
      For more information contact:
      Esther Mazor, Singles Director x460
      emazor@...

      Another New Jersey Science Fiction resource is:
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Most science fiction fans do indeed tend to be male.
      Many science fiction fans are indeed Jewish.
      Single Jewish women might well find science fiction clubs and their
      events to be places where single Jewish men would indeed notice them
      more easily than at traditional singles events which are often,
      though not
      always, attended by many more women than men.
      At most science fiction club events the attendees are usually mostly
      men.
    • jewishinnj
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 8, 2006
        JEWISH SINGLES EVENTS
        We will be going to the Jewish Singles Chat for Jewish Singles which
        is scheduled to start on Sunday April 9th, 2006 c.e. at 1 p.m. at
        Congregation B'nai Israel, 160 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, New Jersey
        07041 973-379-3811
        http://www.cbi-nj.org/
        The Star-Ledger of Friday April 7th, 2006 c.e. listed the event
        "MILLBURN, NEW JERSEY, SINGLES CHAT WITH LARRY, FOR JEWISH SINGLES
        AGES 40-60, Sunday April 9th, 2006 c.e. at 1 p.m. $5 Congregation
        B'nai Israel, 160 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, New Jersey 07041 973-
        379-3811
        http://www.cbi-nj.org/
        The refreshments alone, which are delicious, are well worth the $5
        after the event many of the group's attendees usually adjourn to a
        nearby non-Kosher diner. The cost for the Jewish Singles Chat for
        Jewish Singles, sponsored
        by a group that we have no connection, with: is $5.
        You pay them if you go to it. You do not pay us.
        http://www.cbi-nj.org/find/find.htm
        "Finding Congregation B'nai Israel
        Congregation B'nai Israel is at 160 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, NJ,
        07041. Our
        office phone number is 973-379-3811.
        We are at the intersection of Millburn Avenue and Vauxhall Road.
        From downtown
        Millburn, approach the synagogue by heading East on Millburn Avenue
        (about 1
        mile) and turn right into the first parking lot entrance just past
        the synagogue
        building. If you miss this entrance, there is a second parking lot
        entrance at
        the traffic light just beyond the first entrance.
        If you are coming from Route 78 Westbound, take Exit 50B, Millburn.
        Turn right
        at the light at the end of the exit ramp onto Vauxhall Road. Follow
        the road
        less than 1 mile as it winds through a couple of lights and ends at
        a light at
        the T-intersection with Millburn Avenue. Staying in the left lane,
        turn left
        onto Millburn Ave, go straight through the light immediately in
        front of you at
        the first parking lot entrance and then turn left into the second
        parking lot
        entrance just before the synagogue.
        You can also get directions via Mapquest."

        We have no connection to the Jewish Singles Chat for Jewish Singles,
        or to its
        sponsors, but we will be going to it, and very highly recommend it
        to everyone
        who is Jewish and single, and within the age range that seems to
        have showed up
        last time for the Jewish Singles Chat for Jewish Singles, which
        seemed to be,
        roughly speaking, Baby Boomers, give or take a few years or so.
        Also listed in the Star Ledger of Friday April 7th, 2006 c.e. was
        the following event:
        "TENAFLY, NEW JERSEY, SPRING WALK ON THE PALISADES, WITH JEFF. MEET
        AT THE JCC (JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER) TO CARPOOL TO STATELINE
        LOOKOUT, FOLLOWED BY LUNCH, SPONSORED BY JEWISH SINGLES AGES 30-47
        AND 40-57, SUNDAY APRIL 9TH, 2006 C.E. JCC MEMBERS $3 $5 FOR NON-
        MEMBERS REGISTRATION REQUIRED. JCC ON THE PALISADES, 411 EAST
        CLINTON AVENUE, TENAFLY, NEW JERSEY CALL 201 569-7900
[...]

        Metropolitan Museum of Art, 6 p.m. They will also meet at the Jewish
        Museum on Thursday, April 27, at 6. www.92Y.org or (212) 415-5500.
        Theater trip B'nai Brunchies, the senior singles Jewish brunch group
        for those older than 60, which normally meets at the Fair Lawn
        Jewish Center, takes a trip to the Bethwood to see "The Godfather's
        Meshuggener Wedding." Information, Fred, (201) 797-3014.
        sunday [april 9]
        Brunch for seniors B'nai Brunchies, the senior singles Jewish brunch
        group for those older than 60, meets at the Fair Lawn Jewish Center
        for brunch for entertainment by a Big Band singer, and activities,
        11:30 a.m. Attendees should bring non-perishable food for donation
        to the Food Bank. Next brunch is April 23. Future plans include a
        picnic, swim parties, and a trip to Mohegan Sun on April 25. Fred,
        (201) 797-3014.
        monday [april 17]
        Passover for singles in NYC Jewish singles, in their 30s from the
        JCC in Manhattan, meet for a Passover dinner out at Darna, 6:30 p.m.
        $50 for JCC members, $55 for non-members.
        jccmanhattan.org. 600 Columbus Ave. at 89th St. Reservations, (646)
        505-5708.
        This item is from the JCC on the Palisades:
[...]

        items below are from:
        http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/articlenav.php?id=83
        Singles 30-47

        Spring Walk on the Palisades
        Sunday, April 9 • 11 am
        Cancelled in event of rain
        Enjoy the sights and sounds of spring on this moderate walk with
        Jeff. Meet at the JCC to carpool to the Stateline Lookout. Go out
        for lunch after the walk (at your expense).
        Reservation requested, call ext. 435.
        $3 JCC members • $5 Nonmembers

        Happy Hour at Benningan's
        Tuesday, May 16 • 6:30 pm
        Takes place at Bennigan's in Englewood. Unwind and get Happy at this
        casual restaurant/bar located at 412 Van Brunt St (off Rt 4 west).
        Enjoy socializing with other singles in our own section. (Cash bar).
        Please note not at the Hilton.
        Registration required, call ext. 435.
        Fee: $5

        BBQ & Sports Day at the JCC
        Sunday, May 21 • 4 pm Rain or Shine
        Have fun playing volleyball and softball after you enjoy barbecued
        hot dogs, hamburgers or veggie burgers, and more. Please wear
        sneakers, bring mitts and bats for softball.
        It is sure to be a great day of food and fun.
        Cosponsored with the JCC of Rockland
        Reservations required, call ext. 435.
        $18 with paid reservations by May 12th • $23 after and at the door
        items below are from:
        http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/articlenav.php?id=84
        Singles 40-57
        Spring Walk on the Palisades
        Sunday, April 9 • 11 am
        Cancelled in event of rain
        Enjoy the sights and sounds of spring on this moderate walk with
        Jeff. Meet at the JCC to carpool to the Stateline Lookout. Go out
        for lunch after the walk (at your expense).
        Reservation requested, call ext. 435.
        $3 JCC members • $5 Nonmembers

        Spring Fever Dance at the Hilton Hotel in Fort Lee
        Sunday, April 23 • 7 pm
        Great DJ-Munchies-Cash bar
        Come dance and mingle with singles from the tri-state area.
        (2117 Rt. 4 Eastbound)
        $20 between 7-7:30pm • $25 after 7:30pm
        Cosponsored with the JCC of Rockland

        Singles Schmooze
        Sundays, May 7 & June 11 • 6 pm
        Spend a casual evening getting to know other singles through
        discussions on various topics determined by the participants.
        Led by Jeff and Elaine
        $4 JCC members • $6 Nonmembers per session

        BBQ & Sports Day at the JCC
        Sunday, May 21 • 4 pm Rain or Shine
        Have fun playing volleyball and softball after you enjoy barbecued
        hot dogs, hamburgers or veggie burgers, and more. Please wear
        sneakers, bring mitts and bats for softball.
        It is sure to be a great day of food and fun.
        Cosponsored with the JCC of Rockland
        Reservations required, call ext. 435.
        $18 with paid reservations by May 12th • $23 after and at the door

        5 Minute Dating
        Sunday, June 25 • 4 pm
        Singles 40-55 only
        Don't miss this chance to meet and date several different people one-
        on-one for 5 minutes each in a casual atmosphere. Enjoy socializing
        with everyone during our breaks.
        Reservations required, call ext 435
        $15 if paid in advance • $20 at the door (based on availability)
        Men are encouraged to register.
        items below are from:
        http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/articlenav.php?id=85
        Singles 50+

        Walk with Liz in Morristown
        Sunday, April 23 • 9am
        Cancelled in event or rain
        Meet at the JCC at 9:30am for carpooling to the Frelinghuysen
        Arboretum where you will enjoy the Annual Daffodil Society Show.
        Then, if you wish, drive five minutes into town and join others for
        lunch. After lunch you are invited to join Liz for a one to one and
        a half hour historic walk around Morristown.
        For reservations call ext. 435.
        No Fee (There is a $3 carpooling fee)

        Dancing Like the Stars & Brunch
        Sunday, May 7 • 12 noon
        Have fun as you learn the steps to the hottest dances including the
        Salsa, Rhumba and more from our dance professional, Mich'I'el
        Murkofsky.
        Enjoy bagels, cheese spreads, salads and more.
        $15 JCC members • $18 nonmembers if paid by April 27
        $20 at the door

        Eating to Look and Feel Better
        Monday, May 15 • 7:30 pm
        Want to get into shape for summer? Are you interested looking and
        feeling better? Rona Weiss will clarify confusions, controversies
        and questions about wholesome eating and loving ourselves.
        Rona Weiss MS, PhD, Nutritional Educator
        $4 JCC members • $6 Nonmembers

        Walk with Liz to Tallman State Park & Piermont in NY
        Sunday, May 21 • 10 am
        Cancelled in event or rain
        Meet at the JCC for carpooling to Tallman State Park at 10am or at
        Tallman Park at 10:30am. Enjoy a casual walk around the park and
        then walk to Piermont where we will go out to eat (at your expense).
        Allow 3-4 hours, wear comfortable shoes and bring water.
        For reservations call ext. 435.
        No Fee (There is a $2 carpooling fee)

        Summer Dance
        Sunday, June 25 • 7:30 pm
        Great DJ-Light Buffet
        Singles of all ages Welcome
        $13JCC members • $18 nonmembers

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 15, 2006
          JEWISH SINGLES EVENTS
          This first group of events is from:
[...]

          http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/articlenav.php?id=%c2%85

          Singles 40-57
[...]

          (Note: The Friday April 14th, 2006 c.e. issue of the Star-Ledger
          also listed a Singles Schmooze event for 6 p.m. on Sunday April
          16th, 2006 c.e.
          however because that event was not shown at the website of the JCC -
          Jewish
          Community Center on the Palisades- on that date, we encourage anyone
          interested
          in the Singles Schmooze to call the JCC before going to it on Sunday
          April 16th,
          2006 c.e. just in case the newspaper made a mistake. JCC on the
          Palisades * 411
          E. Clinton Avenue * Tenafly, NJ 07670 * 201·569·7900 call ext. 435)

          BBQ & Sports Day at the JCC
          Sunday, May 21 • 4 pm Rain or Shine
          Have fun playing volleyball and softball after you enjoy barbecued
          hot dogs, hamburgers or veggie burgers, and more. Please wear
          sneakers, bring mitts and bats for softball.
          It is sure to be a great day of food and fun.
          Cosponsored with the JCC of Rockland
          Reservations required, call ext. 435.
          $18 with paid reservations by May 12th • $23 after and at the door

          5 Minute Dating
          Sunday, June 25 • 4 pm
          Singles 40-55 only
          Don't miss this chance to meet and date several different people one-
          on-one for 5 minutes each in a casual atmosphere. Enjoy socializing
          with everyone during our breaks.
          Reservations required, call ext 435
          $15 if paid in advance • $20 at the door (based on availability)
          Men are encouraged to register.
          http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/articlenav.php?id=%c2%84
          Singles 30-47
[...]

          http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/articlenav.php?id=%c2%83
          Directions to the JCC (Jewish Community Center) on the Palisades *
          411 E.
          Clinton Avenue * Tenafly, NJ 07670 * 201·569·7900
          these directions were found at:
          http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/template.php?section=%c2%ad
          FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY NORTH
          Exit 161 to Route 4 East. Continue directions from Route 4.
          FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY SOUTH
          Exit 163 to Route 17 South to Route 4 East.
          FROM NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE
          Exit 18 to Route 46 East to Grand Avenue. Proceed North past Route 4
          and
          continue as described below (from Route 4).
          FROM I-80 EAST
          To Garden State Parkway North to Exit 161 and then to Route 4 East.
          FROM ROUTE 4
          Exit at Grand Avenue/Englewood. Follow Grand Avenue North about 1
          mile, where it
          becomes Engle Street. Continue on Engle Street past Englewood
          Hospital. 2nd
          Traffic light past hospital make right onto E. Clinton Avenue. JCC is
          approximately 1 mile on left.
          FROM NEW YORK CITY & LONG ISLAND
          Go over George Washington Bridge to Palisades Parkway North. Get off
          at Exit 1,
          Englewood Cliffs & Palisades Avenue. Make right and go to 1st light.
          At light
          make a right onto Route 9W No. At 4th light make a left onto E.
          Clinton Avenue.
          JCC is ¾ mile on right.
          FROM SOUTH OR WEST
          Take New Jersey Turnpike (95) No. or Route 80 East to Broad Ave.
          Exit. Bear
          right onto Broad Ave. toward Englewood. Broad Ave. will become Dana
          Place. Take
          Dana Place to end. Make right onto E. Palisades Ave. At 3rd block
          (on left) make
          left onto No. Woodland Street to end. Make right onto E. Clinton
          Avenue.
          JCC immediately on left.
          FROM NORTH
          Take Palisades Parkway South and get off at Exit 2. Make left off
          ramp onto
          Route 9W South. At 3rd light make right onto E. Clinton Avenue. JCC
          is ¾ mile on
          right.
          FROM TAPPAN ZEE BRIDGE
          To Exit 13 So. (Palisades Parkway So.) to Exit 2. Proceed as above
          from North.
          FROM CONNECTICUT (Stamford)
          Route I 95 So. to 287 West to Tappan Zee Bridge. Proceed as above.

[...]

          By Jewish Standard | Published 04/12/2006 | Singles |

          monday [april 17]Passover for singles in NYC Jewish singles, in
          their 30s, from
          the JCC in Manhattan, meet for a Passover dinner at Darna, 6:30 p.m.
          $50 for JCC
          members, $55 for non-members. jccmanhattan.org. 600 Columbus Ave. at
          89th St.
          Reservations, (646) 505-5708.

          sunday [april 23]Brunch for seniors B'nai Brunchies, the senior
          singles group
          for those older than 60, meets at the Fair Lawn Jewish Center for
          brunch, a
          discussion on kabbalah with Rabbi Henry Glazer, and activities,
          11:30 a.m.
          Attendees should bring non-perishable food for donation to the Food
          Bank. Future
          plans include a picnic, swim parties, and a trip to Mohegan Sun on
          April 25.
          Fred, (201) 797-3014.

          thursday [april 27]Jewish museum night Jewish singles meet for an
          evening at
          Manhattan's Jewish Museum with art lecturer Ellen Edelman, 6 p.m.
          www.92Y.org or
          (212) 415-5500.Internet dating Jewish Family & Children's Service of
          North
          Jersey offers a personal growth workshop with Marjorie Lagstein, "So
          you'd like
          to try Internet dating: promises and pitfalls," 8 p.m. 17-10 River
          Road, Fair
          Lawn. Free. Refreshments. (201) 796-5151.

          friday [april 28]Shabbat in Upper Nyack Jewish singles, 35-65, meet
          for Shabbat
          services at Cong. Sons of Israel, 300 North Broadway, Upper Nyack,
          N.Y., 7 p.m.
          An oneg Shabbat follows. (845) 362-4400, ext. 112.Shabbat in
          Tarrytown Mature
          Jewish singles, 50 and older, gather for services at Temple Beth
          Abraham in
          Tarrytown, N.Y., 8 p.m. After services, June McKenely, a director of
          the
          American Heart Association, will demonstrate a heart defribrillator.
          The group
          meets every Tuesday for Dutch-treat suppers at Mont Parnasse Diner,
          824 Central
          Ave., Scarsdale, N.Y., 5 to 6 p.m., and the third Thursday of the
          month at
          Mitty's Restaurant in Hartsdale at 5:30 p.m. Miriam, (914) 965-6525.

[...]

          The Science Fiction Association of Bergen County, New Jersey used to
          have a
          Yahoo group. That group has recently changed its name and is no
          longer
          affiliated with the Science Fiction Association of Bergen County.
          The new url,contact information, and name, for the former Yahoo
          Group of the Science Fiction Association of Bergen County, New
          Jersey is:
          SFSNNJ · Science Fiction Society of Northern NJ
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SFSNNJ/
          Post message: SFSNNJ@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: SFSNNJ-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Another New Jersey Science Fiction resource, not connected with
          either of the 2
          Science Fiction groups mentioned above, is:
          NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS Wants you! Please introduce yourself
          when you
          join and periodically as new members keep joining. We plan to get
          together at
          restaurants and to go to movies. All of the restaurants we want to
          go to will be
          non-smoking restaurants in New Jersey. All of the movies we want to
          see will be
          Science Fiction movies. We will see them in movie theaters and if
          people are
          kind enough, on people's home VCRs, or DVD players, for the
          technologically
          advanced among us. We will NEVER charge money for any of our events.
          Everything
          will be strictly Dutch Treat. Buy your own movie tickets. Buy your
          own meals at
          Restaurants. Hopefully a typical event would involve going to a
          Science Fiction
          Movie and then to a Restaurant to discuss the movie we just saw. We
          also hope to
          go individually or as a group to any other worthwhile events people
          may know of
          in New Jersey. If we go to someone's home, bring your own potluck
          yummies to
          munch on. No money changes hands. Please do post your ideas for club
          events.
          Email attachments are not permitted Please feel free to discuss
          science fiction
          books and stories you have read, or written, your favorite authors,
          favorite
          science fiction movies or TV shows, etc. in person and via email or
          at the web
          site Please do come to events. Escape From Your Computer! All of our
          events will
          be both Smoke-Free and Feline-Free for the cat allergy victims
          amongst us. So if
          you let us use your home for an event make sure it is both Smoke-
          Free and Feline
          Free. No drugs or booze will be allowed at any of our club events.
          Why should
          you join an organization that would have someone like you as a
          member? Well,
          half of success in life is just showing up on time. Show up here at
          the web
          site, or via email, and especially, in person, in real life, at our
          events, and
          find out.. This club is for everyone 21 or older. Younger fans
          should find
          another club.

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 21, 2006
            JEWISH SINGLES EVENTS
            This first group of events is from:
            JCC on the Palisades * 411 E. Clinton Avenue * Tenafly, NJ 07670 *
            201·569·7900
            Singles 50+
            http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/articlenav.php?id=85
            Singles 50+

            Walk with Liz in Morristown
            Sunday, April 23 • 9am
            Cancelled in event or rain
            Meet at the JCC at 9am for carpooling to the Frelinghuysen Arboretum

            http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/template.php?section=AD

[...]

            The following item appeared in The Star Ledger of Friday April 21st,
            2006 c.e.
            "EDISON, NEW JERSEY, Discussion with social worker Lynn Macarin-
            Mara,
            followed by social and light refreshments. Sponsored by Chapter III
            Jewish Singles, ages 50 and up, Sunday April 23rd, 2006 c.e. 3:30-
            5:30
            p.m. $8 Jewish Community Center of Middlesex County 1775 Oak Tree
            Road
            Call 908 930-4926 ."
            http://www.jccmiddlesex.org/
            Please send the JCC your e-mail address to keep you updated for
            things like JCC closings: dottiep@...

            http://www.jccmiddlesex.org/cands.cfm
            Contact Information:
            Jewish Community Center of Middlesex County
            1775 Oak Tree Road
            Edison, NJ 08820
            (732) 494-3232
            The Jewish Community Center has an active Senior Club and offers a
            gamut of programs and activities, including adult social activities
            that serve single adults and senior citizens in a warm, caring
            Jewish environment. Room rentals are also available.
            Material immediately below is from:
            http://www.jstandard.com/categories/Singles/
            Singles
            By Jewish Standard |
            sunday [april 23]
            Brunch for seniors B'nai Brunchies, the senior singles group for
            those older than 60, meets at the Fair Lawn Jewish Center for
            brunch, a discussion on kabbalah with Rabbi Henry Glazer, and
            activities, 11:30 a.m. Attendees should bring non-perishable food
            for donation to the Food Bank. Future plans include a picnic, swim