Our Jewish Singles Groups invite you to join our very own

  • jewishinnj
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2005
      Our Jewish Singles Groups invite you to join our very own
      Jewish Singles "Group of Eight".

      We want to form our own "G-8" which will consist of a group of
      eight regular attendees at our Jewish Singles events.

      We hope to form that core of regulars which we hope will become
      an ever larger group of Eight Plus... To join you have to be
      both Jewish and Single.

      If you are free this Sunday at 1 p.m. we will be going to the Jewish
      Singles Chat for Jewish Singles which is scheduled to start at 1
      p.m. on Sunday November 6th, 2005 c.e. at Congregation B'nai Israel,
      160 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, New Jersey 07041 973-379-3811

      http://www.cbi-nj.org/

      We have no connection to the Jewish Singles Chat for Jewish Singles,
      or to its sponsors, but we will be going to it, and very highly
      recommend it to everyone who is Jewish and single, and within the
      age range that seems to have showed up last time for the Jewish
      Singles Chat for Jewish Singles, which seemed to be,
      roughly speaking, Baby Boomers, give or take a few years or so.

      The cost for the Jewish Singles Chat for Jewish Singles, sponsored
      by a group that we have no connection, with: is $5.
      You pay them if you go to it. You do not pay us.

      http://www.cbi-nj.org/find/find.htm

      From The Star-Ledger Ticket Section of Friday November 4th, 2005
      c.e.

      Our Jewish singles groups have no connection with the events below:
      If you go to any of the events please tell
      the event's sponsors that you heard about the events here. Please
      also ask the event's sponsors to join this group so that future
      events sponsored by the event's sponsor can be posted to this group
      directly by the event's sponsor. Thank You.

      "Finding Congregation B'nai Israel
      Congregation B'nai Israel is at 160 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, NJ,
      07041. Our office phone number is 973-379-3811.

      We are at the intersection of Millburn Avenue and Vauxhall Road.
      From downtown Millburn, approach the synagogue by heading East on
      Millburn Avenue (about 1 mile) and turn right into the first parking
      lot entrance just past the synagogue building. If you miss this
      entrance, there is a second parking lot entrance at the traffic
      light just beyond the first entrance.

      If you are coming from Route 78 Westbound, take Exit 50B, Millburn.
      Turn right at the light at the end of the exit ramp onto Vauxhall
      Road. Follow the road less than 1 mile as it winds through a couple
      of lights and ends at a light at the T-intersection with Millburn
      Avenue. Staying in the left lane,turn left onto Millburn Ave, go
      straight through the light immediately in front of you at
      the first parking lot entrance and then turn left into the second
      parking lot entrance just before the synagogue.

      You can also get directions via Mapquest."

      "Millburn, New Jersey Singles Chat with Larry, for Jewish singles
      ages 40-60, Sunday November 6th , 2005 c.e. 1 p.m. $5 Congregation
      B'nai Israel, 160 Millburn Avenue Call 973 379-3811." (Note: not in
      item in the newspaper but the very very very delicious refreshments
      alone at past events have been well worth the $5 ! )

      Tenafly, New Jersey, Progressive Bowling, for Jewish Singles ages 30-
      47, Saturday November 5th, 2005 c.e.

      8:30 p.m. $18 plus cost of shoes. Registration required.

      (Note: not in the newspaper but click on the url below:
      http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/pdf/ASSingles.pdf#search='progressiv
      e%20bowling%20singles

      which is a long one, and might have to be pasted piecemeal into your
      browser's address section, to find out more about both that bowling
      event which is NOT held at the JCC itself, and other JCC events.)

      "Walk with Liz, through the streets of Madison, New Jersey, viewing
      large homes and historic shops and buildings, followed by lunch at
      one of the local restaurants, meet at the JCC (Jewish Community
      Center) on the Palisades in Tenafly, New Jersey" (Note: not item
      in newspaper but the JCC on the Palisades in Tenafly is many many
      many miles away from Madison, New Jersey!!!!) for carpooling to
      Kings Road & Green Village Road in Madison, New Jersey" (Note: not
      in item in newspaper Kings Road & Green Village Road in Madison,
      New Jersey seems to be a much much much more logical meeting place
      than the JCC in Tenafly, New Jersey which is many many many miles
      away from there !!!) "sponsored by Jewish Singles ages 50 and up,
      Sunday November 6th, 2005 c.e. 9:30 a.m."

      "Five Minute Dating, sponsored by Jewish Singles ages 30-45, Sunday
      November 6th, 2005 c.e. 3:30 p.m. $20 Registration Required. JCC of
      the Palisades, 411 E. Clinton Avenue, Tenafly, New Jersey, Call 212
      420-8080."

      We do not know why a Manhattan phone number was used in the item in
      the newspaper. The normal JCC On The Palisades contact phone number
      is: 201 569-7900

      http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/pdf/ASSingles.pdf#search='progressiv
      e%20bowling%20singles

      If you happen to be from Bergen County, New Jersey you might wish to
      take advantage of these other resources:

      a) http://www.sfabc.org/
      the Science Fiction Association of Bergen County
      whose very frequent meetings are mostly male and heavily, though not
      exclusively Jewish. They also have a Yahoo group
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SFABCNJ/
      They also meet in other locations in New Jersey outside Bergen County

      and b)
      http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/
      which has many different Jewish singles and other Jewish
      activities "Visit the JCC on the Palisades and enhance your life.
      This Jewish Community Center can meet your family's varied needs.
      Directions

      We're closer than you think!
      No matter where you are coming from, it's worth the trip.

      FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY NORTH
      Exit 161 to Route 4 East. Continue directions from Route 4.

      FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY SOUTH
      Exit 163 to Route 17 South to Route 4 East.

      FROM NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE
      Exit 18 to Route 46 East to Grand Avenue . Proceed North past Route
      4 and continue as described below (from Route 4).

      FROM I-80 EAST
      To Garden State Parkway North to Exit 161 and then to Route 4 East.

      FROM ROUTE 4
      Exit at Grand Avenue/Englewood. Follow Grand Avenue North about 1
      mile, where it becomes Engle Street . Continue on Engle Street past
      Englewood Hospital. 2nd Traffic light past hospital make right onto
      E. Clinton Avenue . JCC is approximately 1 mile on left.

      FROM NEW YORK CITY & LONG ISLAND
      Go over George Washington Bridge to Palisades Parkway North . Get
      off at Exit 1, Englewood Cliffs & Palisades Avenue. Make right and
      go to 1st light. At light make a right onto Route 9W No. At 4th
      light make a left onto E. Clinton Avenue . JCC is 3/4 mile on right.

      FROM SOUTH OR WEST
      Take New Jersey Turnpike (95) No. or Route 80 East to Broad Ave.
      Exit. Bear right onto Broad Ave. toward Englewood . Broad Ave. will
      become Dana Place . Take Dana Place to end. Make right onto E.
      Palisades Ave. At 3rd block (on left) make left onto No. Woodland
      Street to end. Make right onto E. Clinton Avenue .
      JCC immediately on left.

      FROM NORTH
      Take Palisades Parkway South and get off at Exit 2. Make left off
      ramp onto Route 9W South. At 3rd light make right onto E. Clinton
      Avenue . JCC is 3/4 mile on right.

      FROM TAPPAN ZEE BRIDGE
      To Exit 13 So. ( Palisades Parkway So. ) to Exit 2. Proceed as above
      from North.

      FROM CONNECTICUT ( Stamford )
      Route I 95 So. to 287 West to Tappan Zee Bridge . Proceed as above."

      Another New Jersey Science Fiction resource is:

      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Most science fiction fans do indeed tend to be male.
      Many science fiction fans are indeed Jewish.

      Single Jewish women might well find science fiction clubs and their
      events
      to be places where single Jewish men would indeed notice them more
      easily than at traditional singles events which are often, though not
      always, attended by many more women than men.

      At most science fiction club events the attendees are usually mostly
      men.

      We are acutely and chronically aware that the modern era is a far
      cry from the "free love" era of the 1960s that some of us grew up
      in.

      Having intimate relationships with several partners is a formula for
      disaster and a death sentence for oneself and one's partners.

      The news item information below on Home HIV testing should be taken
      with a grain of salt. It takes several months for antibodies to
      develop after exposure to the HIV (AIDS) virus. Thus even if one
      tests are negative for antibodies one might well still have been
      recently exposed to HIV (AIDS).

      Therefore repeated testing over several months would be advisable,
      whether done through private, government, or home type testing,
      should home type testing be approved. If the test is positive it
      should be independently repeated to rule out false positives and
      treatment by medical doctors should be aggresively sought. Intimate
      contact should also avoided.

      "Home HIV test could spur early treatment: panel
      By Susan Heavey Friday November 4th, 2005 (c.e.)

      An HIV test that can be used at home and promises results in 20
      minutes could help more people get treated sooner, but raises
      concerns about how well patients could cope with the test findings
      on their own, a U.S. advisory panel heard on Thursday.

      Testing kits that allow consumers to mail a blood sample to a
      laboratory for results have been approved in the past, but advocates
      said allowing people to find out their HIV status at home makes
      testing easier, faster and more private.

      "A number of people don't get tested because they are concerned
      about privacy," Orasure Technology Inc. Chief Executive Douglas
      Michels told Reuters at the Food and Drug Administration panel
      meeting.

      The company is considering seeking FDA approval for a home version
      of its OraQuick test, which is already marketed to doctors and other
      health-care providers.

      No company has sought U.S. permission to sell the products over-the-
      counter, but the FDA is asking for the panelists' advice as it
      weighs how to review future proposals.

      Agency officials said there were several concerns about at-home HIV
      tests, including how people would cope with their results,
      especially those younger than 18.

      "Concerns have been expressed over the years about the psychological
      effects of receiving a positive HIV test result without the benefit
      of counseling. The issue that has come up repeatedly is suicidal
      tendencies," said Elliot Cowan, head of product reviews for the
      FDA's Division of Emerging and Transfusion Transmitted Diseases.

      The FDA has been grappling with possible home-use HIV tests since
      1986, when manufacturers first expressed interest in selling mail-in
      kits, which have since been approved for HIV and hepatitis C.

      OraQuick would allow consumers to insert a swab of saliva into a
      small bottle, providing the results while the patient waits at home.
      Like home pregnancy tests, various colored lines appear on a small
      window depending on whether the virus was detected.

      ENCOURAGING TESTING

      The panel appeared to support marketing the test to consumers, and
      told the FDA it should require over-the-counter versions to perform
      almost as well as the professional ones.

      "I would agree that we could probably lower the bar a little bit for
      the public health good," said panelist Thomas Quinn, a professor of
      medicine at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland.

      Companies considering U.S. approval should conduct studies that
      mimic home use, include minorities and teenagers, and explore what
      happens if people use the test incorrectly, the panelists
      recommended.

      They should also include simple information about getting treatment
      and the need to get a second test to confirm the results, the panel
      said.

      During the public hearing, a few opponents argued that HIV
      screenings should be left to trained professionals who could provide
      immediate advice.

      Nearly a dozen activists and researchers said easier access would
      encourage more people, especially those without access to health
      care or those worried about being stigmatized, to get tested.

      Over-the-counter tests are "a must in our fight against the spread
      of this disease," said Richard Cizik...

      Orasure's Michels said the company was working on what kind of
      information to include with its test. OraQuick is effective, but he
      said the company would conduct studies on how well average people
      can use it before filing for approval.

      The next step is for the company to meet with the agency, he added.

      He did not say what it would charge consumers, but the professional
      version costs between $12 and $17.

      Canada's Medmira Inc. is also considering seeking U.S. approval for
      its version, which uses a blood sample."

      A free fantastic Jewish singles resource
      can be found at the url below

      http://www.thejewishpeople.org/

      You may post your own introductions there, with our without photos
      of yourself and may also search for other Jewish singles there
      by state, gender, age range, etc.

      Everything there is free.

      We have no connections whatsover to the site
      but if you do post your photo there you may wish to
      include the url where your photo may be found at that
      site in your introductions and responses to other introductions
      that you post at our Yahoo Jewish singles groups.

      Our Yahoo Jewish singles groups are listed below:

      Time to Post Your Introduction

      Please post your introduction to the appropriate Jewish Singles Group
      (s) below.

      Please state that you are Jewish in your introduction and when you
      reply to an introduction and in your membership applications.

      Post message: JewishSinglesOfNJ@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: JewishSinglesOfNJ-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      JewishSinglesOfNJ seeks to bring Jewish Singles in New Jersey
      together via the
      net and in real life.
      We hope that members will share information about themselves
      and about events that are coming up. If anyone wishes to
      have a house party, a movies and dinner group, or other
      activity let us share that information too. If you are
      single, Jewish, in New Jersey over 21
      you have come to the right place to meet other single
      Jews. Welcome! Please state that you are Jewish, if you are Jewish,
      when you
      apply to join this group and when you post your introductions and
      when you reply
      to other posts. This is a Jewish Singles Group.

      Jewish Singles From Everywhere
      for Jewish Singles 21 and over from everywhere
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesFromEverywhere/
      Post message: JewishSinglesFromEverywhere@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: JewishSinglesFromEverywhere-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      If You Are Single, Jewish, over 21, you have come to the Right
      Place. Please
      state that you are Jewish, if you are Jewish, when you apply to join
      this group
      and when you post your introductions and when you reply to other
      posts. This is
      a Jewish Singles Group.

      Post message: JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael
      If you are Pro-Israel, Jewish,single,21 or over,
      in or near New Jersey, join us.
      Participate in our events.

      Subscribe: IsraelAndAmericaTogetherForVictory-
      subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: IsraelMustLive@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelMustLive-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: IsraelNowAndForever@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelNowAndForever-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: IsraelTheBestFriendAmericaHas@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelTheBestFriendAmericaHas-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: OperationCSPAN@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: OperationCSPAN-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      c-span, also known as C-SPAN provides much valuable information.
      However, we are
      distressed that programs like
      Washington Journal on c-span seem to provide a forum for
      anti-Semites and enemies of Israel and the Jewish people in
      general who seem to not only call into that t.v. show, but get
      through, and get
      on the air, where they are seldom interupted or cut off by the show's
      moderators. We feel that a 2 minute delay could enable the show's
      moderators to
      screen out the anti-Semites and enemies of Israel and the Jewish
      people, however
      no such 2 minute delay seems to be in place. Moreover the moderators
      of that
      show and others do not seem to be of a mind to cut off the anti-
      Semites and
      other enemies of Israel and the Jewish people in general who
      regularly call into
      that show and others
      on c-span. We have therefore created this Yahoo Group in the hopes
      that members
      of the group will become regular viewers of c-span and will call in
      regularly to
      Washington Journal and other c-span call in t.v. shows, to support
      Israel and
      the Jewish people and to counter the anti-Semites and other enemies
      of Israel
      and the Jewish people whose calls are regularly aired on c-span. We
      also hope
      that members of our Yahoo Group will contact their U.S.
      Senators and members of Congress and President Bush at
      http://www.whitehouse.gov to see what can be done about
      the situation at c-span.

      Post message: PeopleForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: PeopleForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: PeopleWhoSupportIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: PeopleWhoSupportIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: WeAreForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: WeAreForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: WeStandUpForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: WeStandUpForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: AmericansForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: AmericansForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      If you know of other pro-Israel on line groups and/or pro-Israel
      groups that meet in real life please post the information about them