Bringing Jews Together

  • jewishinnj
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      Bringing Jews Together

      Time to Post Your Introductions to our groups.

      Introductions that do not include a statement that the poster is
      Jewish will be deleted and not posted to our Jewish singles groups.
      Similarly, when applying to join our Jewish singles groups please
      state that you
      are Jewish so that we may approve your application.

      Please join the appopriate groups below and post your introductions
      to them. Please also do so regularly as we keep getting new members.

      Please forward this email to every Jewish single person you know.
      Please also post it to every Jewish Yahoo group and other Jewish
      group you can find.

      Post message: NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-
      subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: jewishmatch@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: jewishmatch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: Pro-IsraelJewishSinglesofNJ@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: Pro-IsraelJewishSinglesofNJ-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      NJ JEWISH SINGLES NETWORK seeks to bring Jewish Singles
      who are over 21 and under 60 in New Jersey together via the net and
      in real
      life. We hope that members will share information about themselves
      and about
      events that are coming up. If anyone wishes to
      have a house party, a movies and dinner group, or other
      activity let us share that information too. Let us all
      get together on the net and in real life. If you are
      single, Jewish, in New Jersey over 21 and under 60
      you have come to the right place to meet other single
      Jews. Welcome! Please state that you are Jewish, if you are Jewish,
      when you apply to join this group and when you post your
      introductions and when you reply to other posts. This is a Jewish
      Singles Group.
      SINGLES-
      NETWORK-21-to-59/
      Post message: NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-
      subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Introductions that do not include a statement that the poster is
      Jewish will be deleted and not posted to our Jewish singles groups.
      Similarly, when applying to join our Jewish singles groups please
      state that you
      are Jewish so that we may approve your application.

      If You Are Single, Jewish, over 21, in search of someone else who is
      too, you have come to the Right Place. Please be polite. Let's all
      introduce ourselves when we join and from time to time as new members
      keep joining. Please be polite and discreet. If you do meet one
      another in real life public places like book store cafes are highly
      recommended. We hope that you will agree that you have come to the
      Right Place for Jewish Singles from everywhere to meet. Please state
      that you are Jewish, if you are Jewish, when you apply to join this
      group and
      when you post your introductions and when you reply to other posts.
      This is a
      Jewish Singles Group.
      Post message: jewishmatch@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: jewishmatch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Pro-IsraelJewishSinglesofNJ
      is for Pro-Israel Jewish Singles in or near
      New Jersey. If you are Pro-Israel, Jewish,single,21 or over,
      in or near New Jersey, you are invited to join our
      group and to participate in our events.
      You must be 21 or over to join this
      group or to participate in our events.
      Post message: Pro-IsraelJewishSinglesofNJ@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: Pro-IsraelJewishSinglesofNJ-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Please tell everyone you know who is Jewish, single, in or near
      New Jersey, about our group. Please forward the information below
      to everyone you know who is Jewish, single, in or near New Jersey.
      Post message: Pro-IsraelJewishSinglesofNJ@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: Pro-IsraelJewishSinglesofNJ-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Introductions that do not include a statement that the poster is
      Jewish will be deleted and not posted to the groups.
      Similarly, when applying to join our Jewish singles groups please
      state that you
      are Jewish so that we may approve your application.

      An important course of action for us is bringing single Jews
      together in the hope that marriages between Jews will come about and
      from those marriages Jewish children who will be raised as Jews will
      result. So we have created some Jewish singles groups described in
      this post.

      We hope that you will join our newest Yahoo Group:

      Post message: ProjectCSPAN@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: ProjectCSPAN-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      You do not need to be single to join our newest Yahoo Group:

      C-SPAN has many programs. One of the most prominent is a program
      called "Washington Journal". That program seems to have attracted
      anti-Semites
      from all over the world who constantly call in and get on and are
      rarely if ever
      interrupted and bash Israel and Jews in general non-stop. We urge
      every Jew who
      reads this to call in to Washington Journal to support Israel and
      the Jewish
      people on every show they have that you can be home to watch, and
      near a phone to call in to, and also to contact your Member of the
      US House of
      Representatives and your 2 US Senators and President Bush at
      http://www.whitehouse.gov
      and ask all of them to do something about this problem at C-SPAN.
      It would seem that a 2 minute delay would allow them to screen out
      and dump all of the anti-Semitic callers but they have no such thing.
      Evidently they need such a thing and they evidently also need new
      people there
      to put that into practice.
      Post message: ProjectCSPAN@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: ProjectCSPAN-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      We oppose now and forever any inch of territory for use as a state
      for the so-called 'palestinians'. Such a state would become an
      immediate base for terrorist attacks against Israel and would be
      supplied with the most modern and terrible weapons of mass
      destruction by the
      enemies of Israel around the world.

      It is vital that you contact your U.S. Senators and your members of
      Congress, and President Bush at
      http://www.whitehouse.gov

      to voice your total and permanent opposition to any state for the
      so-called 'palestinians', now, or ever. The world does not need
      any more terrorist states.
      While we have no connection to AFSI, we heartily commend their work.
      The item immediately below is from AFSI:
      "AFSI AND THE CHRISTIAN COALITION -- NO "PALESTINIAN" STATE
      AMERICANS FOR A SAFE
      ISRAEL/AFSI 1623 Third Ave., Suite 205, New York, N.Y. 10128 Tel:
      212-828-2424;
      Fax: 212-828-1717 Email: afsi@...; Website: www.afsi.org October
      16, 2002
      AMERICANS FOR A SAFE ISRAEL AND THE CHRISTIAN COALITION By: Helen
      Freedman,
      Executive Director, AFSI Friday, Oct. 11, 2002 was a memorable day
      for Israel.
      Ten thousand Evangelical Christians, belonging to the Christian
      Coalition
      demonstrated at the Washington D.C. Convention Center on behalf of
      Israel. They
      waved their Israeli flags and thundered their approval as speaker
      after speaker
      pronounced his allegiance to Israel's biblical territorial
      integrity, to
      Jerusalem as the undivided capital of Israel, and to the commitment
      that there
      will never be a "Palestinian" state that will rip Judea and Samaria
      out of the
      heart of the Israeli state. Herbert Zweibon, Chairman of Americans
      For a Safe
      Israel, led a delegation of AFSI members from New York, Baltimore,
      Boston, and
      Chicago to Washington to join with Roberta Combs, Chairman of the
      Christian
      Coalition, and her loyal legions. The overriding message of the
      event was "No
      'Palestinian' State". Those words were on the banner that AFSI
      displayed
      throughout the rally, and were the words that the Christians
      proclaimed
      repeatedly. It was heartwarming to listen to the array of speakers,
      uncompromising in their support for the land of Israel. Featured
      speakers were
      Dr. Pat Robertson, Senator Sam Brownback, House Majority Whip Tom
      DeLay,
      Congressman Lindsay Graham, Ambassador Alan Keyes, Mayor of
      Jerusalem Ehud
      Olmert, and Member of Knesset Benny Elon. All of them ardently
      expressed their
      support for the holy cities of Hebron, Shechem, Beit-El, and
      Bethlehem, all
      located in Judea and Samaria, the heartland of Israel. These holy
      cities would
      be lost to the Jews forever should a "Palestinian" state be created.
      That is a
      primary reason why the idea is anathema to Christians and Jews who
      believe in
      G-d's covenant with Abraham, "To your descendants have I given this
      land!" MK
      Rabbi Benny Elon asserted that the country of Jordan was already
      Palestine. As
      for Israel's enemies, he quoted G-d's instructions to Moses, "When
      you have
      crossed the Jordan into the land of Canaan, you must drive all the
      inhabitants
      of the country before you ... those you have spared will be barbs in
      your eyes
      and thorns in your side ..." The lesson is clear. The message of the
      Christian
      Coalition is the same message that AFSI has promoted since the
      beginning of
      Oslo. Arafat and his fellow terrorists must not be rewarded with a
      State.
      Instead, AFSI insists, they must be transferred out of the country.
      We hope that
      President Bush and Prime Minister Sharon hear the message from the
      Christian
      Coalition very clearly: "NO 'PALESTINIAN' STATE!"
      "Americans For A Safe Israel/AFSI is unique in its proud and
      outspoken advocacy
      of Judea, Samaria, Gaza and the Golan as integral parts of Israel.
      AFSI believes
      that a strong Israel is essential to U.S. security and that the
      Jewish towns in
      these areas are the best guarantee against strategic vulnerability.
      Most
      importantly, the pioneering efforts of the residents in these areas
      have the
      potential of rejuvenating a dormant Zionism and igniting a second
      Zionist
      revolution. Please visit our website www.afsi.org or write to us at
      afsi@...

      Related Link: http://www.afsi.org
      Post message: afsigroup@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: afsigroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      From The Star-Ledger Ticket Section of Friday April 1st, 2005 c.e.
      Our Jewish Singles groups:

      have no connection with the events from The Star-Ledger Ticket
      Section of April 1st, 2005 c.e. which are described below.

      If you go to those events please tell
      the event sponsors that you heard about the events here. Please also
      ask the event sponsors to join this group so that future events
      sponsored by the event sponsors can be posted to this group directly
      by the event sponsor. Thank You.

      "Millburn, New Jersey Singles Chat, for Jewish Singles ages 40-65 ,
      Sunday, 1
      p.m. April 3rd, 2005 c.e. Congregation B'nai Isael, 160 Millburn
      Avenue,
      Millburn, New Jersey $5 Call 201 262-7585."

      Note: not part of item in Star-Ledger, but clocks are turned ahead 1
      hour in
      places such as New Jersey, for convenience either late Saturday
      night before you
      go to sleep, or more precisely, at 2 a.m. Sunday morning, April 3rd,
      2005 c.e.
      if you are awake at that hour, for Daylight Savings Time ("Spring
      Ahead, Fall
      Back") If you go to the dance below you just might still be awake at
      2 a.m. But
      be sure to get some sleep so that you can show up at the Chat at
      p.m. on Sunday.
      Sounds like quite a weekend!

      "Washington Twp. New Jersey Spring Dance for Jewish Singles 25-45,
      sponsored by
      JCC (Jewish Community Center) on the Palisades, Saturday 8:30 p.m.
      April 2nd,
      2005 c.e. at the Bergen County Y, a Jewish Community Center, 605
      Pascack Road,
      Washington Twp. New Jersey $20; $25 after 9 p.m. Call 201 569-7900.

      Next item is not just for singles: "Fifth Annual New Jersey Jewish
      Film Festival
      April 7th through April 17th 2005 c.e. http://www.NJJFF.org The
      latest Jewish
      Films, Great Speakers and Discussions An Extraordinary Event ...
      Close to Home!
      For more information or to charge your tickets by phone
      (VISA/MC/AmeEX), call
      the Box Office 973 736-3200 ext. 253 Fax 973 736-6871 email
      lskorenstein@... order online at
      http://www.ticketweb.com We are
      not connected to the Jewish Community Center of Metrowest, which is
      hosting the
      New Jersey Jewish Film Festival but we feel it is a wonderful not to
      be missed
      event.

      Whether it was Albert Einstein or Jonas Salk, or any of the other
      innumerable Jews who have made monumental contributions to Science,
      and to Humanity in general, many of the ideas of such contributors
      were originally considered to be in the realm of Science Fiction,
      only to come into fruition through real science.

      Many Science Fiction fans are Jewish. We have a Yahoo Group called
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS which we thought you should know
      about and hope that you will join. This group should be of
      particular interest
      to Single Jewish Women as many many many,though not all, Science
      Fiction fans
      tend to be both Jewish and male, so if you are female and go to a
      Science
      Fiction event prepare to be noticed.

      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS
      Wants you!

      Post message: NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      We plan to get together at restaurants and to go to movies. All of
      the
      restaurants we want to go to will be non-smoking restaurants in New
      Jersey. All
      of the movies we want to see will be Science Fiction movies. We will
      see them in
      movie theaters and if people are kind enough, on people's home VCRs,
      or DVD
      players, for the technologically advanced among us. We will NEVER
      charge money
      for any of our events. Everything will be strictly Dutch Treat. Buy
      your own
      movie tickets. Buy your own meals at Restaurants. Hopefully a
      typical event
      would involve going to a Science Fiction Movie and then to a
      Restaurant to
      discuss the movie we just saw. We also hope to go individually or as
      a group to
      any other worthwhile events people may know of in New Jersey. Home
      base is the
      Essex County / Morris County area to start with. If we go to
      someone's home,
      bring your own potluck yummies to munch on. No money changes hands.
      Please do
      post your ideas for club events. Email attachments are not permitted
      Please feel
      free to discuss science fiction books and stories you have read, or
      written,
      your favorite authors, favorite science fiction movies or TV shows,
      etc. in
      person and via email or at the web site Please do come to events.
      Escape From
      Your Computer! All of our events will be both Smoke-Free and Feline-
      Free for the
      cat allergy victims amongst us. So if you let us use your home for
      an event make
      sure it is both Smoke-Free and Feline Free. No drugs or booze will
      be allowed at
      any of our club events. Why should you join an organization that
      would have
      someone like you as a member? Well, half of success in life is just
      showing up
      on time. Show up here at the web site, or via email, and especially,
      in person,
      in real life, at our events, and find out.. This club is for
      everyone 21 or
      older. Younger fans should find another club.

      Post message: NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      As is our newly found tradition, from time to time we forward
      excerpts of
      material from Jewish activists. While we do not know
      the author whose work we are forwarding immediately below we find
      much wisdom in
      the author's words. If you know of other Jewish activists whose
      material we
      should be forwarding please post that material to our Jewish groups.

      "THE SWASTIKA AT THE END OF THE ROAD MAP by Steven Plaut. March 15,
      2003 The
      following is a letter that Ariel Sharon SHOULD be sending to
      President George
      Bush but is too pusillanimous to send. Dear Mister President: It is
      with great
      regret that I must inform you that your "Road Map for Peace in the
      Middle East"
      is a complete non-starter, and is hereby rejected in its entirety by
      me, by my
      government, and by my nation. I would like to explain to you why.
      Your "Road
      Map" has abandoned any pretense of offering the Palestinians their
      own
      independent state in exchange for their complying with their Oslo
      obligations,
      or as reward for their taking genuine steps towards reduced violence
      and
      tensions and renunciation of war. Indeed, your "Road Map" is itself
      nothing but
      a reward for Palestinian violence. It grants them a prize for NOT
      doing anything
      at all to move in the direction of peace. Mister President, I would
      like to
      explain to you why there will not be any Palestinian state at all.
      First let me
      tell you what are NOT the reasons for our determination that there
      will be no
      Palestinian state nor for our intention to do everything in our
      power to prevent
      its creation, no matter how much that upsets the world. It is NOT
      because the
      lands in which the Palestinian state would be erected are our
      ancient heartland
      and territories promised to us in the Bible. They are of course all
      those
      things, but that is not why we are going to throw the "Road Map"
      into the
      recycling bin. It is also NOT because the Palestinians have no
      legitimate claims
      to a state, are not a nation at all and are barely a distinct Arab
      tribe. It is
      NOT because the Palestinians have absolutely no legitimate basis to
      demand the
      right of "self-determination". In fact, they have no legitimate
      claims to having
      their own state. They never did, and in any case even if they had,
      they
      forfeited such claims long ago through the atrocities and mass
      murders they
      committed. But that is not our reason. And it is NOT because the
      Arab nation
      already has achieved far more than its fair share of "self-
      determination" in the
      form of the 22 sovereign states it already has. That of course would
      also be a
      legitimate reason to take Palestinian statehood off the table
      forever, but that
      is NOT our reason. And it is not even because the Palestinian
      Authority, run by
      the PLO, is a Third World corrupt kleptocracy and terrorocracy,
      although that is
      also a very good reason why no Palestinian state should arise, even
      AFTER the
      Palestinian Authority goes through some motions of make-pretend
      cosmetic
      "reforms", even if Arafat dies or is replaced.. Mister President, we
      are
      determined that no Palestinian state will ever exist between the
      Jordan River
      and the Mediterranean Sea for an entirely different reason. It is
      for this
      different reason that we reject your "Road Map". It is very simple.
      Two
      generations after the Holocaust under no circumstances will we
      acquiesce to the
      creation of a nazi power smack in the center of our country. A
      Palestinian state
      will be nothing other than a modern twenty-first century expression
      of nazism.
      It will be as devoted to random murder of Jews as it has been in its
      present
      pre-state form. It will be a nazi entity in every way, from the
      content of its
      school curriculum to the behavior of its leaders and militias. The
      current
      person you are so excited about as a potential "Prime Minister" for
      the
      Palestinian state - the one your "Road Map" seeks - is in fact a
      nazi and a
      Holocaust Denier. So are the other leaders of the PLO and contenders
      for cabinet
      posts in the state you envision. The Palestinian state you demand
      and just about
      every other world leader is demanding will be a nazi power in
      everything. Its
      substance will be nazi, its style nazi, and genocide will be its
      raison d'etre.
      It will seek to perpetrate nazi-like atrocities against Jews. The
      governing
      principle for all of its actions will be to enflame the region and
      pull it into
      a new all-out Arab-Israeli War. If Israel loses that war, its
      population will be
      exterminated in a second Holocaust. True, the Palestinian nazi
      party, which you
      call the PLO, has not been able to do any of that to date, but that
      is because
      we have not allowed it to, and in any case before Hitler started the
      mass
      annihilations he was only a genocide-in-the-waiting nazi, just like
      the PLO's
      leaders. Mister President, Europe perhaps has forgotten the
      Holocaust and
      forgiven its perpetrators in the name of the Jews, and America may
      have reduced
      the Holocaust to a Hollywood cliché. But the Jews have a
      phenomenally long
      memory. We remember the crimes of ancient dictators and hoodlums,
      and we recall
      with gratitude the favors done us by kings from ancient countries
      most school
      textbooks cannot even recall. Mister President, there will be no
      nazi mini-state
      erected in our heartland. You will have to annihilate Israel
      entirely before we
      let that happen. It is true that until recently the world consensus
      in favor of
      a Palestinian state even included the Israeli government and its
      elitist leftist
      ruling class. But Jews have a history of episodes of psychotic
      temporary mass
      insanity and national foolishness, beginning with the Golden Calf in
      the Bible.
      History shows that if left alone, they quickly recover, mature,
      repent, and
      abandon such nonsense. The Oslo version of the Golden Calf is over.
      The Jews
      have regained sobriety. We strongly regret if this has interfered
      with your plan
      to buy Arab support for the coming campaign against Iraq by
      signaling to them
      that Israel's very existence is in question. Frankly we do not
      understand why
      the United States needs to grovel before such primitive Third-World
      dictators.
      But we will do out utmost to make things up to you and assist you in
      all other
      ways we can. With deepest admiration and respect, Prime Minister
      Ariel Sharon,
      Eternally-United Israeli Jerusalem Steven E. Plaut is professor of
      business
      administration at the Graduate School of Business, University of
      Haifa, Haifa
      31905 Israel. He also teaches in Greece, California, and Hungary,
      and has a
      Ph.D. from Princeton University in Economics. A Native-born
      Philadelphian, he
      has lived in Israel since 1981. He frequently comments on Israeli
      politics and
      the Leftwing academic community. To receive his email comments,
      write him at:
      splaut@...