Jewish Singles And Other Events

  • mrarbus
    Message 1 of 124 , Aug 2, 2008
      Jewish Singles And Other Events

      Jewish Singles Lunch Party You are invited to join us at at noon
      Sunday August 3rd, 2008 c.e.
      at Goodman's Deli & Restaurant
      http://www.goodmansdeli.net/HomePage.html
      Age Range Baby Boomers Give or Take A Few Years Or So in other
      words: "Jewish Singles 40's,50's,60's"
      http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=&daddr= 400 Springfield Ave
      Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
      http://www.goodmansdeli.net/HomePage.html
      http://www.goodmansdeli.net/user/Goodmans%20Deli%20%20Berk%20Hgts%
      202006%20Menu.pdf
      There is never any charge for any of our events. When we go to
      a restaurant you pay the restaurant directly for your meal plus tax
      and tip. You never pay us.
      Goodman's Deli and Family Restaurant is located very close to the
      Stop and Shop supermarket plenty of parking is available as the
      restaurant is off the street in a small shopping center which
      includes the Stop and Shop Supermarket
      http://www.nj.com/dining/reviews_ledger.ssf?21397?21397
      http://www.goodmansdeli.net/user/Goodmans%20DeliG(BH)LchSpSht0.pdf
      You do not need a reservation to attend. Simply show up at noon
      Sunday August 3rd, 2008 c.e.

      http://www.goodmansdeli.net/about.html
      "Goodman's Deli and Family Restaurant is a top-notch, family-
      friendly, Kosher-style food establishment that really gets your taste
      buds moving. Established in 1943 in Elizabeth, New Jersey and
      presently located in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, Goodman's Deli and
      Family Restaurant serves good old-fashioned food and plenty of it!
      So, make sure you come hungry, because you'll definitely be leaving
      stuffed!Finding a deli-style restaurant with the variety as good as
      the
      quality may be tricky nowadays. Looking for casual, family-friendly
      restaurant without the "fast food" feel isn't so difficult. Classic
      Jewish style delis maybe rare in Central Jersey, but Goodman's Deli
      and Family Restaurant in the heart of Berkeley Heights may be the
      best kept secret of this small town! You won't have to travel to
      Brooklyn Goodman's has something for everyone!"
      You do not need a reservation just show up at noon Sunday August 3rd,
      2008 c.e.

      Goodman's Deli and Family Restaurant is located in the same small
      shopping center as a Stop and Shop Supermarket
      http://www.stopandshop.com/cgi-bin/store.pl
      and a Drug Fair http://www.drugfair.com/berkeley_heights.shtml

      Although you do not have to be a member of our Jewish Singles Yahoo
      Groups to attend our events we do hope that you will join them. You
      may post your introductions to them whenever you wish. When you post
      your introductions and when you respond to other introductions please
      state that
      you are Jewish, single and over 21. Feel free also to give your
      approximate age if you wish in your posts and your responses to other
      posts.

      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
      below will take you to

      you do not have to be a member of
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesOfNJ/
      to attend
      if you do decide to join
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesOfNJ/
      you may do so without charge
      there is no charge to join
      and no charge to be a member of
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesOfNJ/
      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
      below will take you to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesOfNJ/
      You do not need a reservation to attend. Simply show up at noon
      Sunday August 3rd, 2008 c.e.

      Isaac Galena igalena@... wrote:
      "Outdoor NYC Tubav Party SAVE THE DATE! (Thursday August 14th)
      bangitout.com will be throwing its annual tubav party in Riverside
      Park.
      There should be about 900 jewish singles, all wearing white.
      The event costs 20 dollars and gets you 1 free drink, a Dating# and a
      Match Card.
      If you see someone at the party you'd like to date, just write their
      number down.
      If they write your number down, bangitout.com sets you up on a date.
      (we have about 6 married couples, so this works)
      You can buy a ticket online here: http://tubav.eventsbot.com/
      questions: events@... 646-232-4090
      Sponsors (who will be giving out freebies to all party entendees:
      FutureSimchas, Reuven Mohl UWS Dentistry, JCC of Manhattan,
      VanityKippah.com,

      Bangitout Tubav Party.
      Everyone Wears WHITE!
      Hudson Beach Cafe (Riverside Park in Manhattan enter at W. 103rd
      Street)
      Thursday August 14th. 8pm-2am. 20s, 30s, 40s. DJ. $20 Free Drink!
      Kosher Nosh.
      Online RSVP: http://tubav.eventsbot.com/
      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=20352893812
      bangitout: http://www.bangitout.com/events/viewev.php?a=739

      end of item from: Isaac Galena igalena@...

      Jewish Singles Lunch Party You are invited to join us at noon Sunday
      August 3rd, 2008 at Goodman's Deli & Restaurant
[...]

      buds moving. Established in 1943 in Elizabeth, New Jersey now located
      in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, Goodman's Deli and Family Restaurant
      serves good old-fashioned food and plenty of it!! Finding a deli-
      style restaurant with the variety as good as the
      quality may be tricky. Classic Jewish style delis may be rare in
      Central Jersey. Goodman's Deli
      and Family Restaurant in the heart of Berkeley Heights may be the
      best kept secret of this small town! You won't have to travel to
      Brooklyn Goodman's has something for everyone!"
      You do not need a reservation just show up at noon Sunday August 3rd,
      2008 c.e.
      Plenty of parking is available
      Goodman's Deli and Family Restaurant is in the same small shopping
      center as a Stop and Shop Supermarket
      http://www.stopandshop.com/cgi-bin/store.pl
      and a Drug Fair http://www.drugfair.com/berkeley_heights.shtml

      the item directly below is from

      http://www.jccwm.com/mcyjs_singles.shtml

      Jewish Community Center of Western Monmouth

      Jewish Singles (ages 24-55)

      COME TO THE JUDI PARTY!

      An Elegant Summer Cocktail Party on

      Thursday, August 7, 7:30pm – 10:30 pm

      McLoone's Pier House at Pier Village

      One Ocean Avenue, Long Branch, NJ

      Private Party Room overlooking the Ocean
      Premium Open Bar with Butler Style Hors D'oeuvres

      $50 per person in advance, $60 per person at the door

      Don't miss the biggest Jewish singles party of the season!!

      Please register by August 1st.

      For directions please go to:
      www.mcloones.com/pierhouse/contact

      Email Bari: bari@... to be added to our email list or call: 732-
      683-9303, press 3 to leave a message for Bari

      NEW ! PAY & REGISTER ONLINE WITH PAYPAL AT:
      http://www.jccwm.com/swjs_singles.shtml

      the item directly below is from;

      http://www.jccwm.com/js_singles.shtml

      Jewish Community Center of Western Monmouth

      Jewish Singles ages 35-55 and 50+

      Tips for Singles and Funny Dating Stories with Amy Adelman- Featured
      on the Today Show and People Magazine -

      Famous Author of

      Manless in Montclair: How A Happily Married Woman Became A Widow
      Looking for Love in The Wilds of Suburbia.

      Before the lively discussion enjoy a delicious meal

      at Fred & Murry's Kosher Delicatessen

      Thursday, August 21st at 7:00 p.m.

      Pond Road Shopping Center, Route 9 North, Freehold, NJ

      Cost: $28pp in advance - $33 at the door

      We will meet inside the private Celebration Room

      Includes beverage, dinner & dessert

      Limited Space – Advance registration by August 15th

      For directions please go to: www.fredandmurrysdeli.com/location

      We must have 10 pre-registered in order to hold this event – always
      call ahead to get program updates. Please email Bari: bari@...
      to be added to our email list

      Or call: Tel: 732.683.9300, press 3 ~ pay via paypal on our website
      at program payments: www.jccwm.com

      and tip. You never pay us.http://www.nj.com/dining/reviews_ledger.ssf?
      21397?21397

      http://www.goodmansdeli.net/user/Goodmans%20DeliG(BH)LchSpSht0.pdf
      You do not need a reservation to attend. Simply show up
      http://www.goodmansdeli.net/about.html
      "Goodman's Deli and Family Restaurant is a top-notch, family-
      friendly, Kosher-style food establishment
      Established in 1943 in Elizabeth, New Jersey now located in Berkeley
      Heights, New Jersey, Goodman's Deli and Family Restaurant serves good
      old-fashioned food and plenty of it! Classic Jewish style delis may
      be rare in Central Jersey. Goodman's Deli
      and Family Restaurant in the heart of Berkeley Heights may be the
      best kept secret of this small town! You won't have to travel to
      Brooklyn Goodman's has something for everyone!"
      You do not need a reservation just show up at noon Sunday August 3rd,
      2008 c.e.
      Plenty of parking is available
      Goodman's Deli and Family Restaurant is in the same small shopping
      center as a Stop and Shop Supermarket
      http://www.stopandshop.com/cgi-bin/store.pl
      and a Drug Fair http://www.drugfair.com/berkeley_heights.shtml
      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
      below will take you to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesOfNJ/

      the item directly below is

      From: info@...
      Subject: Meetup details changed: BOOK GROUP - MEETING
      Your Organizer, martine , sent the following message to some members
      of NORTH JERSEY Jewish Singles 30'S,40's,50's,60's+:
      I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
      JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I HAD TO CHANGE THE DAY FOR THE BOOK GROUP
      TO TUESDAY AUGUST 12TH AT 7:00 PM
      .....THE LIBRARY IS IN USE FOR ANOTHER MEETING ON AUGUST 5TH.
      HOPE IT DOES NOT INCONVENIENCE ANYONE!
      MARTINE
      http://singles.meetup.com/1651/calendar/8260322/
      When: August 12, 2008 7:00 PM
      Where: CJC
      18 delaware street off of route 46 East
      Clifton, NJ 07011
      973-772-3131
      If you've read a great Jewish book that you don't see here, let us
      know and we can consider that book as well.
      At the meeting, we'll also distribute a suggested list of other books
      ( Not necessarily with Jewish Themes) that some of us have read and
      loved. We'll have a chance to discuss those as well!

      Let us hear from you. This is your chance to read that book you've
      been meaning to read for years!
      Suggested Jewish Books:
      As a Driven Leaf by Milton Steinberg
      Suite Francaise[/ by Irene Nemirovsky
      People of the Book[/by Geraldine Brooks
      The Ghost of Hannah Mendes by Naomi Ragen
      Snow in August by Pete Hamill
      The Plot Against America by Philip Roth
      We might also select titles from modern Israeli writers, including
      David Grossman, A.B. Yehoshua, and Amos Oz
      If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to
      update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Maybe" as well as "Yes".)
      You can always get in touch with me through the "Contact Organizer"
      link on Meetup: http://singles.meetup.com/1651/suggestion/
      To visit NORTH JERSEY Jewish Singles 30'S,40's,50's,60's+, go here:
      http://singles.meetup.com/1651/
      If you'd like to take part in a discussion, your Organizer also
      posted this message to your Meetup Group's Message Boards:
      http://singles.meetup.com/1651/boards/
      ISBN 0-312-06530-2

      another great Jewish singles resource is at:
      http://www.jccotp.org/
      where you may find items such as:
      the following one which is for Jewish Singles 35-59

      Wed, Aug 13
      7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
      $5.00 Member
      $7.00 Non Member
      Manless in Montclaire - A Book Review With Author Amy Edelman

      Once upon a time, Isabel, a woman of short stature and big dreams,
      was desperately searching for her niche. Enter Michael, divorced, 15
      years her senior, a recovering alcoholic, and last person isabel
      expects to end up with. But love conquers much and when Michael
      proposes on their first anniversary in a New York Deli, Isabel
      gleefully accepts.

      Fifteen years later, Isabel returns home to find Michael dead on the
      living room floor. A s a single mom at 41 she realizes that it's time
      to put on some lipstick and find herself a new man.

      This humorous and heartwarming story of Isabel's quest to put her
      life back together follows her on a journey through the modern world
      of online dating, single parenthood, arranged dinner parties and
      speed dating. Don't miss this story of love, loss and finding your
      place in the world.

      the event directly above at the JCC on the Palisades is for Jewish
      Singles 35-59

      the event directly below is for Jewish Singles 50+
      Tue, Aug 19
      7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
      Progressive Dinner at In Napoli Summer 08

      Join other singles for a delicious dinner and socializing. Menu
      includes one free drink, salad, choice of entree (including fish and
      pasta), coffee and dessert. Reservations required.
      Please call 201-947-2500 for directions only.
      $26 by 8/18, $29 after (includes tax and gratuity)

      In Napoli - 116 Main St., Fort Lee

      For more information, or to register, please call 201.569.7900x460
      the event directly above is for Jewish Singles 50+
      http://www.jccotp.org/
      Directions to the JCC
      http://www.jccotp.org/
      (Jewish Community Center) on the Palisades
      411 East Clinton Avenue Tenafly, NJ 07670 201 569 7900
      these directions were found at:
      http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/template.phpsection=AD
      FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY NORTH
      Exit 161 to Route 4 East. Continue directions from Route 4.
      FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY SOUTH
      Exit 163 to Route 17 South to Route 4 East.
      FROM NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE
      Exit 18 to Route 46 East to Grand Avenue. Proceed North past Route 4
      and continue as described below (from Route 4).
      FROM I-80 EAST
      To Garden State Parkway North to Exit 161 and then to Route 4 East.
      FROM ROUTE 4
      Exit at Grand Avenue/Englewood. Follow Grand Avenue North about 1
      mile, where it
      becomes Engle Street. Continue on Engle Street past Englewood
      Hospital. 2nd
      Traffic light past hospital make right onto E. Clinton Avenue. JCC is
      approximately 1 mile on left.
      FROM NEW YORK CITY & LONG ISLAND
      Go over George Washington Bridge to Palisades Parkway North. Get off
      at Exit 1,
      Englewood Cliffs & Palisades Avenue. Make right and go to 1st light.
      At light
      make a right onto Route 9W No. At 4th light make a left onto E.
      Clinton Avenue.
      JCC is mile on right.
      FROM SOUTH OR WEST
      Take New Jersey Turnpike (95) No. or Route 80 East to Broad Ave.
      Exit. Bear
      right onto Broad Ave. toward Englewood. Broad Ave. will become Dana
      Place. Take
      Dana Place to end. Make right onto E. Palisades Ave. At 3rd block
      (on left) make
      left onto No. Woodland Street to end. Make right onto E. Clinton
      Avenue.
      JCC immediately on left.
      FROM NORTH
      Take Palisades Parkway South and get off at Exit 2. Make left off
      ramp onto
      Route 9W South. At 3rd light make right onto E. Clinton Avenue. JCC
      is mile on right.
      FROM TAPPAN ZEE BRIDGE
      To Exit 13 So. (Palisades Parkway So.) to Exit 2. Proceed as above
      from North.
      FROM CONNECTICUT (Stamford)
      Route I 95 So. to 287 West to Tappan Zee Bridge. Proceed as above.
      the two Jewish Singles Schmooze events with Bruce below
      are for Jewish Singles 40-59
      For more information contact:
      Esther Mazor, Singles Director x460
      emazor@...

      August 17th 2008 c.e.
      6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
      http://www.jccotp.org/
      Singles Schmooze Summer 08

      Spend a casual evening getting to know other singles through
      discussions on
      various topics determined by the participants.
      $4 JCC Member/$6 Non-member per event.
      $4.00 Member
      $6.00 Non Member
      http://www.jccotp.org/

      the Jewish Singles Schmooze event with Bruce above
      is for Jewish Singles 40-59
      http://www.jccotp.org/
      Incidentally, I've known Bruce for years, and he is a real mensch.
      I saw him recently when he was helping out at one of Martine's
      wonderful events at the Clifton Jewish Center.
      Bruce is a great moderator for groups like the Jewish Singles
      Schmooze events for Jewish Singles 40-59
      at the JCC on the Palisades in Tenafly, New Jersey.

      A free fantastic Jewish singles resource
      can be found at the url below
      http://www.thejewishpeople.org/

      An Invitation from The Five Towns Shidduch Club

      The Five Towns Shidduch Club

      invites singles ages 28-38

      to a

      Starlit Night

      Tuesday, August 12
      at 7:30 pm
      in a private home
      Lawrence, New York
      covert $36

      Please call for further details

      Advance reservations required
      Location disclosed to approved registrants

      contact information:
      Shari Kaufman 516-374-2699
      Sima Greenstein 917-656-4624 daytime hours only

      Sponsored by the Young Israel Lawrence Cedarhurst,
      Young Israel Woodmere,
      Congregation Beth Shalom

      The material directly below on upcoming Jewish Holidays
      was found at
      http://www.chabad.org/calendar/holidays_cdo/aid/357733/jewish/2008-
      Holiday-Listing.htm

      Tish'a B'Av
      Sunset of August 9 through nightfall of August 10 Work should be
      avoided. Consult a Rabbi if this is not possible.

      Rosh Hashanah
      Sunset of September 29 through nightfall of October 1 No work is
      permitted.

      Fast of Gedaliah
      October 2 Work permitted

      Yom Kippur
      Sunset of October 8 through nightfall of October 9 No work is
      permitted.

      Sukkot
      Sunset of October 13 through sunset of October 20 No work permitted
      on Oct. 14-15. Work is permitted on Oct. 16-17-19-20 with certain
      restrictions.

      Hoshanah Rabbah
      October 20 Work permitted with certain restrictions.
      Shemini Atzeret
      Sunset of October 20 through nightfall of October 21 No work is
      permitted.

      Simchat Torah
      Nightfall of October 21 through nightfall of October 22 No work is
      permitted.

      Chanukah
      Sunset of December 21 through December 29 Work permitted

      before your read the items below which are from
      The Republican Jewish Coalition

      you should know that you don't have to be a Republican
      or a Democrat or an Independent to know that Barack Hussein Obama
      represents a real threat to the very existence of the Jewish People in
      America and around the world and a very real threat to the existence
      of Israel.
      If the Republicans were nominating Obama we would
      be pointing you to we hope, a Jewish group of Democrats or Republicans
      or Independents who would be opposing Obama.
      As it turns out the Democrats are nominating Obama.
      We are opposing Barack Hussein Obama, we would
      oppose him if he were a Republican or an Independent
      or a Democrat or anything else. We oppose him.
      We hope you do too.

      The items directly below are from The Republican Jewish Coalition

      http://www.rjchq.org/Events.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=863

      NY Region's Annual Picnic in the Park

      Tuesday, August 12, 2008
      Rose Pinteum Central Park, west side, near 86th Street
      Manhattan
      5:30pm-7:00pm (Rain date Aug. 13)
      Kosher dinner, prepay by August 5th
      Members - $20 Non-members - $30
      Please RSVP to 212-922-0839 or NewYork@...
      The last decade has seen tremendous growth in the number of Jews
      identifying with Republican ideas and the GOP.

      The Republican Jewish
      Coalition, founded in 1985, is the sole voice of Jewish Republicans
      to Republican decision makers and the Jewish community, expressing
      our viewpoint on a wide variety of issues.

      The Republican Jewish Coalition is the well-respected representative
      of the Jewish community to Republican elected officials and party
      leaders and is the pre-eminent Republican organization in the Jewish
      community.

      With a strong presence in Washington, D.C. and chapters around the
      country, the RJC is making a difference for the growing Jewish
      Republican movement in America.

      We are committed to building a strong, effective and respected Jewish
      Republican voice in Washington and across the country.

      We seek to foster and enhance ties between the American Jewish
      community and Republican decision makers. We work to sensitize
      Republican leadership in government and the party to the concerns and
      issues of the Jewish community, while articulating and advocating
      Republican ideas and policies within the Jewish community.

      We are committed to building a strong, effective and respected Jewish
      Republican voice in Washington and across the country.
      https://www.rjchq.org/secure/Membership.aspx
      Organizational Biography

      For 20 years, the Republican Jewish Coalition (formerly the National
      Jewish Coalition) has been the voice for Jewish Republicans. The RJC
      was founded in 1985 to be a permanent Jewish presence in the
      Republican community and a credible Republican presence in the Jewish
      community.

      As the unique bridge between the Jewish community and Republican
      leaders, the RJC earned the trust of the Reagan and Bush
      administration officials, national and state legislators, and party
      leaders.

      The RJC works to sensitize Republican decision makers in government
      and the party to the concerns of the Jewish community, while at the
      same time articulating Republican ideas and policies in the Jewish
      community.

      The Republican Jewish Coalition is the most important voice on
      Republican issues in the Jewish community and the most trusted and
      sought-out Jewish advisor to Republican leaders.

      The Republican Jewish Coalition has a tradition of leadership and
      activism, hosting events and activities such as the Presidential
      Candidates Forum, leadership trips to Israel for Members of Congress,
      governors and other leaders, and creating a high-level and high-
      profile Jewish presence at the Republican National Convention.
      No less importantly, the Republican Jewish Coalition has a growing
      grassroots outreach to Jewish Republicans, which has been very
      successful in the last few years.

      Using a variety of media, including
      an award-winning website, the RJC is attracting new members, adding
      to our current 40 chapters and building on the network of Jewish
      Republican activists already in place in key states around the
      country.

      The Republican Jewish Coalition has a highly successful Legislative
      Affairs Department, ensuring that our issues are heard on Capitol
      Hill. We lobby and advise leaders from state capitals to the U.S.
      Capitol and from the local party offices to the Republican National
      Committee. Through the ongoing work of our Communications Department,
      we make our case in the mainstream national media and the local
      Jewish papers.

      In addition, we have established the Republican Jewish Coalition
      Political Action Committee to expand our capabilities. This will
      allow us to aggressively engage in political activities across the
      country and give us the ability to strongly support, both politically
      and financially, the incumbents and challengers who reflect our
      priorities and principles.

      On every level, the Republican Jewish Coalition is committed to
      building a strong, effective, and respected Jewish Republican voice
      in Washington and across the country.
      http://www.rjchq.org/Events.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=864
      Brown Bag Lunch
      Wednesday, August 20, 2008

      Please join us on
      Wednesday, August 20th
      12:00pm-1:30pm
      For a
      Brown Bag Lunch in Manhattan with
      Noah Silverman
      RJC Congressional Affairs Director
      "Election Update"
      Location TBD.
      Please call for details: 212-922-0839

      "OU Job Board promotes Aliyah with Israel Job Fair during convention
      11/23-30

      IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE OU'S BIENNIAL NATIONAL CONVENTION,
      OU JOB BOARD TO HOLD TWO-PART JOB FAIR IN BOTH THE U.S. AND ISRAEL FOR
      THOSE INTERESTED IN MAKING ALIYAH
      The decision to make aliyah presents numerous challenges – among them
      finding a new home or adjusting to a new language – but now the
      Orthodox Union Job Board is making the entire transition easier by
      holding its first-ever Job Fair in Israel, in conjunction with the
      OU's Biennial National Convention in Jerusalem at Thanksgiving.

      The two-part Fair, taking place in both the United States and Israel
      and
      free for both employers and job seekers, will offer multiple
      employment opportunities for those interested in making aliyah but who
      remain hesitant because they have not obtained employment in Israel.
      Given the OU's priorities, it is no surprise that aliyah will be on
      the agenda for the Convention.

      "For the first time, the OU Convention
      in Israel will also serve as a job forum for those interested in
      making aliyah," said Stephen J. Savitsky, OU President. "Aliyah has
      always been an important objective of the Orthodox Union. By including
      the Job Fair in its Convention, the OU will support aliyah by
      assisting possible olim in their job search. The OU is extremely proud
      of this new initiative."

      Along with the Jewish Agency, Nefesh B'Nefesh, and others who will
      help promote the fair and offer their network of contacts as possible
      employers, the OU Job Board has devised a unique way to introduce job
      seekers to employment opportunities in Israel.

      Part one involves "virtually" interviewing job candidates in New
      York, allowing them to
      meet and see their prospective employers in Israel via
      teleconferencing. All of the job opportunities will be for English
      speakers. The participants will also have the opportunity to meet
      communities where English-speaking immigrants tend to live, further
      making their visit to the Job Fair a one stop-shop not only for jobs
      but for housing opportunities in Israel as well.

      Once the OU's National Convention takes place in Jerusalem, the week
      of November 23-30, candidates will actually meet their prospective
      employers in person in part two of the Job Fair. Based on the success
      of past Job Fairs sponsored by the OU Job Board, these personal
      meetings are expected to lead to many finalized "matches" between
      employer and employee.

      Those who cannot make it to New York for part
      one of the Fair still have the option of participating in the second
      part in Israel, with appointments arranged by the Job Fair.
      Michael Rosner, Director of the OU Job Board, declared, "We are
      holding the Job Fair at the same time as the National Convention so
      that those interested in making aliyah will not only meet prospective
      employers, but will also be able to enjoy the programming and
      camaraderie of the Convention in Israel. The Convention offers
      discounted rates on hotel and transport to reduce the cost to people
      who are going to meet their prospective new employers and communities
      in Israel."

      Mr. Rosner also stated that part two of the Job Fair will welcome
      English speakers who have already made aliyah but are still looking
      for employment or are looking to change careers.
      For more information, contact Mr. Rosner at rosnerm@...
      To look at or post jobs on to the OU Job Board please go to
      www.ou.org/jobs and choose from the thousand(s) of ready available
      jobs listed here and in Israel."

      "Some say Obama, Some say Osama, Obama, Osama, Osama,Obama,
      it's all Hussein to me."

      Make Obama Mad
      Cling to our religion

      support groups like
      http://outreachjudaism.org/?clientid=1305
      Outreach Judaism is an international organization that responds
      directly to the issues raised by missionaries and cults, by exploring
      Judaism in contradistinction to fundamentalist Christianity.

      Our organization's goal is to generate a lasting connection between
      Jewish families and Judaism through building immediate awareness of
      the current Hebrew-Christian movement worldwide.

      Outreach Judaism
      provides full-time, multi-level informational resources such as:
      The critically acclaimed 24-part audio series and NEW in-depth study
      guide entitled, "Let's Get Biblical!"
      An extraordinary role-play program for teenagers
      Stimulating and provocative adult education lectures and seminars
      College campus outreach
      Counseling
      Discussion groups for teenagers and adults
      Networking with other Jewish organizations worldwide

      Rabbi Tovia Singer is a well-known speaker. He lectures over 200
      times each year around the globe -- in North America, South America,
      Europe and Israel. Rabbi Tovia Singer has vast knowledge of topics
      such as anti-semitism, holocaust revisionism, Jewish and Christian
      History, and Christian Missionaries.

      Rabbi Singer is widely regarded as one of the leading voices
      countering the efforts of missionaries that target Jews. He has had
      numerous interviews on radio and television over the years and
      continues to teach thousands, bringing many back to Judaism.
      Rabbi Singer also hosts a radio program, The Tovia Singer Show,
      which launched in January of 2002 on Israel National Radio.

      This new talk radio program has become a powerful and provocative
      voice
      of reason on current Jewish issues.
      "You say tomato I say tomato. Tomato, tomato, potato, potato,
      It's all the same to me"
      is an old refrain

      have you heard the updated version?

      "Some say Obama, Some say Osama, Obama, Osama, Osama,Obama,
      it's all Hussein to me."

      EY_SCIENCE_ FICTION_FANSWants you! Our Science Fiction group is
      for everyone 21 or older
      regardless of background or marital status. Younger fans should find
      another group.
      Please introduce yourself when you join and
      periodically as new members keep joining. We plan to get together at
      restaurants and to go to movies. We will see them in movie theaters,
      and, if people are kind enough, on people's home VCRs, or DVD
      players, for the technologically advanced among us. Buy your own
      movie tickets. Buy your own meals at Restaurants. Hopefully a
      typical event would involve going to a Science Fiction Movie and
      then to a Restaurant to discuss the movie we just saw.
      Are you a single Science Fiction fan looking for a soulmate? Perhaps
      you will find that person here. This club is not a New Jersey
      singles group per se, and is open to anyone over 21, regardless of
      background or marital status, nonetheless, love is a good thing.
      Many science fiction fans in New Jersey also happen to be Jewish.
      Most science fiction fans are male. For the single Jewish woman in
      New Jersey joining a science fiction group may be the ideal way to
      find her ideal man. Unlike most singles events, which tend to be
      attended by more women than men, most science fiction events are
      attended by more men than women.
      If you happen to be Jewish, Single and over 21
      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
      below will take you to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael/

      You do not have to be single to join :
      Post message: OperationCSPAN@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: OperationCSPAN-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Help to counter anti-Israel, anti-Semitic callers to
      CSPAN programs such as Washington Journal, by making your own pro-
      Israel, pro-Jewish, pro-Zionist, calls to those same CSPAN programs.
      Please also do your part to help Israel by joining pro-Israel groups
      both on line and in real life. You can read more about topics and
      people in the
      news such as Jimmy Carter and James Baker and Coca Cola etc. by
      doing searches
      in the message archives of Yahoo Groups including those listed below.
      Some pro-Israel on line groups are listed below:
      Post message: IsraelAndAmericaTogetherForVictory@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelAndAmericaTogetherForVictory-
      subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: IsraelMustLive@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelMustLive-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: IsraelNowAndForever@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelNowAndForever-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: IsraelTheBestFriendAmericaHas@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: IsraelTheBestFriendAmericaHas-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: OperationCSPAN@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: OperationCSPAN-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      c-span, also known as C-SPAN provides much valuable information.
      However, we are
      distressed that programs like
      Washington Journal on c-span seem to provide a forum for
      anti-Semites and enemies of Israel and the Jewish people in
      general who seem to not only call into that t.v. show, but get
      through, and get
      on the air, where they are seldom interupted or cut off by the show's
      moderators. We feel that a 2 minute delay could enable the show's
      moderators to
      screen out the anti-Semites and enemies of Israel and the Jewish
      people, however
      no such 2 minute delay seems to be in place. Moreover the moderators
      of that
      show and others do not seem to be of a mind to cut off the anti-
      Semites and
      other enemies of Israel and the Jewish people in general who
      regularly call into
      that show and others
      on c-span. We have therefore created this Yahoo Group in the hopes
      that members
      of the group will become regular viewers of c-span and will call in
      regularly to
      Washington Journal and other c-span call in t.v. shows, to support
      Israel and
      the Jewish people and to counter the anti-Semites and other enemies
      of Israel
      and the Jewish people whose calls are regularly aired on c-span. We
      also hope
      that members of our Yahoo Group will contact their U.S.
      Senators and members of Congress and President Bush at
      http://www.whitehouse.gov to see what can be done about
      the situation at c-span.
      Post message: PeopleForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: PeopleForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Post message: PeopleWhoSupportIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: PeopleWhoSupportIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: WeAreForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: WeAreForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Post message: WeStandUpForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: WeStandUpForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Post message: AmericansForIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: AmericansForIsrael-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      If you know of other pro-Israel on line groups and/or pro-Israel
      groups that meet in real life please post the information about them.
      There are many avenues for Jewish activism. Support of Israel,
      Support of the Jewish people, Opposition to anti-Semitism, to name a
      few.
      We believe that it is vital for Jewish survival that single Jews
      meet other single Jews, marry one another, and raise their children
      as Jews. Because there is a hole in our calendar from Friday night
      to Saturday night during which many single Jews go to non-Jewish
      singles events, meet non-Jews, marry non-Jews, and have children
      from those marriages who are not raised as Jews, the Jewish people
      faces a very severe problem. We urge everyone who reads this to
      contact his or her Rabbi and demand that his or her Rabbi hold
      regular Jewish singles Onegs on Friday nights.
      We feel that it is vitally important that single Jews go to Jewish
      singles events and meet other Jewish singles at those events.
      If you know anyone who happens to be Jewish who is hosting a
      singles event please ask him or her to consider hosting events just
      for Jewish singles.
      We also offer the opportunity at our on line Jewish singles groups
      to post your Jewish singles introductions and to respond to other
      Jewish singles introductions.
      Please do so regularly. Please state that you are Jewish, single and
      over 21
      in your introductions at our on line Jewish singles groups.
      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
      below will take you to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesOfNJ/

      Shabbos Nachamu at the Nevele Grande Resort
      August 15-17

      Join singles from the U.S., Canada and Mexico!

      Singles ages: 20-39 & 45-60 (40-44 welcome!)

      *Guest Speakers include: Rabbi Cary A. Friedman, world renowned
      author and lecturer

      **Motzai Shabbos Concert featuring Michoel Pruzansky, Mendy Wald &
      friends**

      Glatt kosher under strict Rabbinical supervision.

      Early Bird Pricing:

      $199 per person /4 in room
      $229 per person/ 3 in room
      $249 per person/ 2 in room
      $399 for private room

      Prices go up on August 1st!

      Transportation available: $30 round trip

      For reservations
      call Julie @ 516-582-2190 or Tzvi @ 800-816-3630

      Please note: the lecture is open to everybody, families and singles,
      and will be well attended by both.

      If you have trouble viewing this email, please visit:
      http://www.midrash.org/events/lectures
      Midrash BEN ISH HAI
      Presents the renowned lecturer, the Hakham

      Rabbi Ya'aqob MENASHE
      who will deliver a lecture which will touch the depths of your soul

      A Brand New
      Sunrise
      follows every
      Sunset

      Tues., Aug. 5 '08, 8:30 p.m. at

      The Ballroom of Colbeh Restaurant
      75 N Station Plaza, Great Neck, NY
      (Opposite the Great Neck LIRR station)

      Info: Midrash BEN ISH HAI (516) 487-6676
      http://www.midrash.org

      Appetizers & Refreshments served.

      Admission Free.

      Tell all your friends about it! And
      See you there!

      the item directly below is from:

      http://www.rjchq.org/news.asp?FormMode=Detail&id=1330

      Obama to Israel: Put Terrorism in Context

      Contact: Press Secretary Suzanne Kurtz
      Tuesday, July 22, 2008

      ----------
      Washington, D.C. (July 22, 2008) -- The Republican Jewish Coalition
      (RJC) issued the following statement today:
      "Senator Obama in Jordan today said that terrorism makes 'Israelis
      want to dig in and simply think about their own security regardless
      of what's going on beyond their borders.' What Senator Obama fails to
      recognize is that the safety and security of its citizenry is the
      primary obligation of a country's leadership. In essence, Senator
      Obama is asking Israelis and the American Jewish community to put
      terrorism in context. Senator Obama continues his rhetoric of moral
      equivalence by implying that measures taken by Israel to protect its
      citizens are on par with the Palestinians' frustration at border
      checkpoints. Senator Obama's attempt at even-handed diplomacy fails
      to hold Palestinians accountable for using terrorist tactics against
      innocent Israeli citizens as a means to achieve their ends."

      the item directly above is from:

      http://www.rjchq.org/news.asp?FormMode=Detail&id=1330

      the item directly below is from:

      http://www.zoa.org/sitedocuments/pressrelease_view.asp?
      pressreleaseID=720

      ZOA: Obama's Remarks Show No Change In Old Misunderstandings Of Arab
      War On Israel July 23, 2008
      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      Contact: Morton A. Klein
      Phone 1: 212-481-1500

      The Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) has described Senator
      Barack Obama's remarks yesterday in Jordan regarding the Arab war on
      Israel as showing no change in the old, repeated misunderstanding and
      misinterpretations of the continuing Arab war against Israel thinking
      which shows little insight into the nature of that war.

      Senator Obama's remarks in Jordan:

      · "It is my firm belief that it is in the interest of both
      the Israeli people and the Palestinians to arrive at a peaceful
      settlement. It is a very difficult process. There is a lot of history
      that exists between those two people. That history is not going to
      vanish overnight. People's memories are long. There has been
      bloodshed and disputes that date back generations." [ZOA: By speaking
      about long memories and squabbles between two rigid, disputant
      parties, Obama engages in moral equivalence between Israelis and
      Palestinians. Yet there can be no moral equivalence between two
      parties when one party is bent on the destruction of the other. Arabs
      have attacked Jews even before Israel was established: in 1920, 1921,
      1929 and 1936-39. Palestinians have been offered statehood by the
      Pell Royal Commission in 1937, by the UN partition plan in 1947 and
      in the Clinton peace plan of 2000 – yet they have refused statehood
      on all occasions in preference for attempting to eliminate Jewish
      statehood.]

      · "… I think it's unrealistic to expect that a U.S. president
      alone can suddenly snap his fingers and bring about peace in this
      region. What a U.S. president can do is apply sustained energy and
      focus on the issues of the Israelis and the Palestinians. And I do
      believe that an ultimate resolution is going to involve two states
      standing side-by-side in peace and security and that the Israelis and
      the Palestinians are going to both have to make compromises in order
      to arrive at that two-state solution" [ZOA: Presidential energy and
      focus directed at creating a Palestinian state alongside Israel can
      achieve nothing so long as the Palestinians remain dedicated to the
      elimination of Israel as a Jewish state – as President Bill Clinton
      discovered after eight years of vigorous diplomacy].

      · "Now, one of the difficulties t<br/><br/>(Message over 64 KB, truncated)
    • mr arbus
      Message 124 of 124 , Mar 15, 2014

        Jewish Singles AND Other Events

        Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
        to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
        below will take you to
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael/

        Age: (49PLUS)
        Event: Meet and Eat Lunch
        SUNDAY March 23rd,  2014 C.E.
        AT NOON
        Place: at a restaurant in  New Jersey
        PLEASE RSVP DIRECTLY TO
        Roberta Karstadt (908) 668-8450

        roger678@...PLEASE RSVP DIRECTLY TO ROBERTA
        roger678 AT optonline DOT net

        Please r.s.v.p. for the  JEWISH SINGLES 45 PLUS event immediately below to
        and to slg@...

        Sunday April 6th 2014 c.e. at 12:45 P.M.  at Congregation Agudath Israel
        Admission: $10.00   RSVP asap!!!!!
        Congregation Agudath Israel
        20 Academy Road
        Caldwell, New Jersey 07006
        - ADMISSION: $10.00 – RSVP As soon as possible!
        For information and to RSVP: contact Sue Grossbard at:  singles@...

        http://www.afsi.org/about_missionstatement.aspx
        We are an educational organization created to support an undivided Israel.
        AFSI was founded in 1970 as an American counterpart to the Land of Israel Movement, asserting Israel’s historic, religious, and legal rights to the land re-gained in the 1967 war. AFSI has argued consistently that a strong, territorially defensible Israel is essential to U.S. and global security interests in the region, and that the “two-state solution,” would endanger the world, while bringing the dissolution of Israel.
        We are a national organization with chapters throughout the country and members throughout the world. All are dedicated to the premise that a strong Israel is essential to Western interests in the Middle East, and that the Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria and the Golan are the best guarantee against strategic vulnerability, as were the Gush Katif communities.
        AFSI supports a policy of “peace for peace” between the Arab states and Israel, and rejects “peace for territory.” AFSI opposes spending U.S. tax dollars, estimated to be in the billions, to fund a phantom “peace” plan.
        Send a message to the detractors of Israel in the media, the Administration, and the public by joining AFSI and becoming active in your community chapter.
        http://www.afsi.org/about_chapters.aspx

        AFSI Chapters

        California

        Keith Francis
        Costa Mesa, CA
        kfcco@...
        Howard Garber
        Anaheim, CA
        AFSICal1@...
        Irving Kett
        Northridge, CA
        ikett@...

        Florida

        Carol Flatto
        Miami Beach, FL
        SoFlaAFSI@...

        Illinois

        Blanche Keno
        Chicago, IL
        blanchekeno@...
        Cheryl Jacobs Lewin
        Chicago, IL
        cjlpr1@...

        New York

        Hanna Cohen
        Nesconset, NY
        Hannacohen1@...
        Lorrie Fein
        Brooklyn, NY
        savtafein@...
        Jan Fenster
        Kew Gardens, NY
        jfenster3@...
        Rachel Kantro
        Ronkonkoma, NY
        rkafsichapterli@...
        Karen Marie Kazakiewicz
        Albany, NY
        kmkgoglobal@...
        Leon Szmedra
        Victor, NY
        lszk@...

        Pennsylvania

        Moshe Phillips
        Philadelphia, PA
        phillyafsi@...

        Texas

        Bernard Shapiro
        Houston, TX
        bernards@...
        Ann Stacy
        Keller, TX
        annstacy@...

        Israel, Washington D.C. and Oregon

        Jerusalem, Israel
        Bill Mehlman
        Wmehlman@...
        Richard Hellman
        Washington, DC
        RAHellman@...
        Inez Weissman – Emeritus
        Portland, OR
        AMERICANS FOR A SAFE ISRAEL
        Address:
        1751 2nd Avenue (91st Street)
        New York, New York 10128-5363
        Phone: 1-800-235-3658
        Fax: 1-212-828-4538
        Email: AFSI@...

        ZOA Chapters are listed below:
        New Jersey
        (Northern)
        Stanley Rosenberg
        email@...
        New Jersey
        (Southern)
        Sam Krantz
        email@...
        Philadelphia, PADaniel Mandel
        email@...
        Philadelphia, PA
        Lee Bender and Kevin Ross,
        Co-Presidents

        Steve Feldman, Executive Director of Mid-Atlantic Region
        Phone: 610-660-9466
        Fax: 610-660-9465
        philadelphia@...
        www.zoaphilly.org

        Read more: http://zoa.org/chapters/#ixzz2oEj4ZL1B
        Boston, MA and
        New England
        Henry Silverman, President
        email@...
        Hartford, CT and
        New Haven, CT
        Ron Scherban
        email@...
        Manhattan, NYMr. Marvin Belsky
        manhattan@...
        Brooklyn, NYRubin Margules, President
        Phone: 718-339-8379
        Fax: 718-339-8610
        brooklyn@...

        www.zoabrooklyn.org
        Long Island, NYDr. Alan Mazurek, President
        email@...
        Rochester, NY
        Dr. Leon Szmedra, President
        Westchester, NY
        (including Rockland)
        Murray Caplan
        westchester@...
        alt

        Read more: http://zoa.org/chapters/#ixzz2oEj9zKDS

        What is the ZOA?

        Founded in 1897, the Zionist Organization of America (“ZOA”) is the oldest pro-Israel organization in the United States. With offices around the country and in Israel, the ZOA is dedicated to educating the public, elected officials, media, and college/high school students about the truth of the ongoing and relentless Arab war against Israel. ZOA is also committed to promoting strong U.S.-Israel relations. ZOA works to protect Jewish college and high school students from intimidation, harassment and discrimination, and in fighting anti-Semitism in general.
        Since its founding in 1897, the Zionist Organization of America has been fighting for the Jewish people and the Land of Israel. Under the leadership of such illustrious presidents as Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis, Rabbi Dr. Abba Hillel Silver, and current National President Morton A. Klein, the ZOA has been on the front lines of Jewish activism.
        With a national membership of over 30,000, and chapters throughout the United States (including Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, Milwaukee, North Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, South Jersey and Washington D.C.), the ZOA today works to strengthen US-Israeli relations, through educational activities, public affairs programs, working every day on Capitol Hill, and by combating anti-Israel bias in the media, textbooks, and on campuses.
        Wherever our message is needed, our voice is being heard.
        The ZOA is the only organization that documents and exposes Palestinian Arab violations of the Road Map plan. The ZOA leads the efforts on behalf of American victims of Palestinian Arab terrorism. The ZOA’s campaigns have repeatedly led to the defeat of hostile critics of Israel who were nominated for important government positions.
        The ZOA has played a key role in Congress regarding victims of terrorism, keeping Jerusalem unified under Israeli sovereignty, fighting Hamas and Fatah, and working on the imposition of sanctions on Syria and Saudi Arabia.
        The ZOA’s growing Campus Activism Network organizes college students to combat Arab propaganda on campuses from coast to coast. The ZOA regularly brings student activists to Israel for leadership training programs; we are preparing the Jewish activist leadership of the future.
        The ZOA’s Center for Law & Justice works through the courts to help Israel and the Jewish people. The Center has filed suit against the State Department for ignoring the law requiring that “Jerusalem, Israel” be stamped on the passports of U.S. citizens who are born there. The Center also helped bring about the shutdown of ten pro-terrorist web sites. The ZOA initiated a groundbreaking case under federal civil rights laws to rectify the anti-Semitic/anti-Israel climate on campus.
        The ZOA speaks out for Israel – in reports, newsletters, and other publications…in speeches in synagogues, churches, and community events, in high schools and colleges from coast to coast…in e-mail action alerts…in op-eds and letters to the editor…in radio and television appearances by ZOA leaders.
        Always on the front lines of pro-Israel activism, ZOA has made its mark.
        “The ZOA is the most credible advocate for Israel on the American Jewish scene today.”
        The Wall Street Journal

        “The ZOA is one of the most important and influential Jewish groups in the U.S. today.”

         Please also see the AFSI Calendar at: http://afsi.org/events_main.aspx

        REPUBLICAN JEWISH COALITION
        RJC CHAPTERS INCLUDE THOSE  AT
        http://www.rjchq.org/chapters/new-jersey/central-new-jersey-chapter/

        http://www.rjchq.org/chapters/new-jersey/northern-new-jersey-chapter/

        http://www.rjchq.org/chapters/new-jersey/southern-new-jersey-chapter/

        http://www.rjchq.org/chapters/new-york/new-york-region/

        http://www.rjchq.org/about-rjc/rjc-basic-principles/

        http://www.rjchq.org/about-rjc/organizational-biography/

        Central New Jersey Chapter

        You are here: Home / Chapters / New Jersey / Central New Jersey Chapter
        The RJC is proud to announce the formation of a new chapter serving Central New Jersey.
        If you’re ready to get involved, please New York Executive Director Greg Menken. He can be reached at NewYork@... or 212-922-0839.
        To be added to our mailing list and to join the RJC and the New York Chapter, just click here to make your contribution online or download our membership form here and mail it to our national office with your contribution.
        - See more at: http://www.rjchq.org/chapters/new-jersey/central-new-jersey-chapter/#sthash.MXUB1uZD.dpuf

        Events

        You are here: Home / Events / NY: Event with Kenneth Abramowitz

        NY: Event with Kenneth Abramowitz

        Print Friendly
        Join the RJC for a lunch program with
        Kenneth Abramowitz,
        General Partner, NGN Capital
        How the West Can Win.
        Wednesday, March 19
        12:00 – 1:30 PM
        In Midtown Manhattan
        Address provided upon RSVP.
        Cost: $10
        Kosher lunch will be served.
        Space is limited.
        Please RSVP to Ariella Rechthand at 212-922-0839 or arechthand@...
        About Our Speaker
        Kenneth S. Abramowitz is a co-founder and Managing General Partner of NGN Capital. He joined NGN Capital from The Carlyle Group in New York where he was Managing Director from 2001 to 2003, focused on U.S. buyout opportunities in the healthcare industry. Prior to that, Mr. Abramowitz worked as an Analyst at Sanford C. Bernstein & Company where he covered the medical supply, hospital management and Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) industries for 23 years. Mr. Abramowitz earned a B.A. from Columbia University in 1972 and an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School in 1976. Mr. Abramowitz currently sits on the Board of Directors of EKOS Corporation, OptiScan Biomedical Corporation, Cerapedics, Inc., Valtech Cardio and Small Bone Innovations, Inc. He previously served as a director at Option Care, Inc., Sightline Technologies Ltd and Power Medical Interventions, as well as MedPointe and ConnectiCare Holdings, Inc.
        - See more at: http://www.rjchq.org/event/ny-event-with-kenneth-abramowitz/#sthash.EzAAYOlM.dpuf

[...]

        0

        0

        1

        1

        Event:
        NY: Event with Kenneth Abramowitz
        Start:
        March 19, 2014 12:00 pm
        End:
        March 19, 2014 1:30 pm
        Organizer:
        Republican Jewish Coalition
        - See more at: http://www.rjchq.org/event/ny-event-with-kenneth-abramowitz/#sthash.EzAAYOlM.dpuf

        RJC Spring Leadership Meeting 2014, March 28-30, 2014

        Print Friendly
        Join us for a terrific weekend of poker, politics, and policy at the fabulous Venetian Resort and Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada!
        March 28-30, 2014
        (*Supplemental programming and Board activities, including Golf Tournament, begin March 27.)
        See below for information about our grants for college students to attend the Spring Meeting and become RJC Student Ambassadors to their campuses.
        Our Terrific Lineup of Speaker Includes:
        New Jersey Governor Chris Christie
        Ohio Governor John Kasich
        Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker
        Vice President Dick Cheney will be the keynote speaker at the Gala Dinner!
        Israeli Ambassador Ron Dermer
        and Ambassador John Bolton
        Don’t miss this great weekend of special events, which includes:
        • RJC Golf Tournament
        • RJC Poker Tournament
        • RJC Business Meeting
        • Special Shabbat Dinner
        • VIP Luncheon Hosted by the National Women’s Committee
        • Special Afternoon Programming
        • Gala Dinner
        • Sunday Morning Session
        This meeting is exclusively for members of the RJC National Leadership. National Leadership opportunities start at the $1,000 contribution level.
        Click here to register online (additional fees apply). To avoid online registration fees, please call the RJC national office or your regional office to register by phone. You may also fax or email the registration form to the RJC national office. Click here to download the registration form.

        Room reservations must be made separately. A block of rooms has been reserved for RJC Leaders. Please call Venetian/Palazzo reservations as 1-877-385-3885 or 702-414-1000 and mention the group code REPUB. Or book your room through the passkey link: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/repub14.
        Special opportunity for college students!
        The RJC is looking to foster the next generation of Republican Jewish leaders and is seeking students with experience combatting anti-Israel and liberal sentiments on college campuses.
        The Spring Leadership Meeting is the largest gathering of Jewish Republicans, and for the second year in a row, the RJC is offering grants to promising college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors to attend!
        Be part of something great. Apply today!
        This grant is made available to current college students (must be in their freshman, sophomore, or junior years) who have shown strong support for both Republican and Jewish causes on and off campus.
        All applications must be electronically submitted to Barbara Efraim at Grassroots@... by Friday, February 28, 2014.
        Grant recipients must agree to become active student ambassadors on campus. These student ambassadors will attend RJC educational programming throughout the year and will be responsible for promoting the RJC message on campus.  Apply today!
        - See more at: http://www.rjchq.org/event/rjc-spring-meeting-2014/#sthash.j0Vm0Fgm.dpuf
        Jewish Resources at http://www.meetup.com

        http://www.meetup.com/The-Rockland-Jewish-Meetup-Group/

        http://www.meetup.com/Jewish-NYC-Singles-Events/

        Jewish Singles Purim Party (DJ, Drink Specials, Costume Contest, Snacks & More)

        • Saturday, March 15, 2014

          9:00 PM to 3:00 AM
        • 230 5th Ave Enclosed Rooftop Bar

          230 5th Ave @ 26th, New York, NY(map)
          Private for members and their guests, 20th Fl.
        • Come celebrate Purim with us at the 230 5th Ave. Penthouse!
          Mix, mingle, drink and dance with new & exciting friends!
          • 200+ Jewish singles (other Jewish groups co-organizing)
          •  DJ & Dancing
          • Snacks & Dips
          • Drink Specials 8-9pm
          • Costume Contest (Prizes include: Tablet, $100, Dinner)
          • Facilitators to help you mingle
          • Giveaways
          Hosted by the "JSTF" with 3,500+ Jewish single members!
          Age range 30s, 40s, 50s.   Costumes are not mandatory.
          *MUST PREPAY FOR DISCOUNT TIX ($20, limited # available) - http://dljparty.ticketleap.com/purim/
          *Discount ticket sales close on 3/15 @ 6pm, $30 at the door
        • http://www.meetup.com/Jewish-NYC-Singles-Events/events/168306772/

        Jewish Business Network: Wine Tasting & Business Card Exchange

        Jewish Business Network: Networking in Short Hills

        • Thursday, March 20, 2014

          8:00 AM to 9:30 AM
        • Temple B'nai Jeshurun

          1025 S Orange Ave., Short Hills, NJ(map)
        • Network with "The Tribe" with JBN members from the Short Hills area.
          This monthly event normally attracts a dynamic group of business leaders, and member referrals are producing a lot of closed business deals.
          $8 in advance, $10 at the event. There is no charge for Premium Members.
          We look forward to seeing you! Light kosher breakfast and coffee included.
          Hosted by Jon Lamkin and Saul Simon.

        Breakfast Networking at Temple Sha'arey Shalom

        ISRAEL LIVES  March 11, 2014  9th of Adar II, 5774  Hevron House is NOW OURS, LIVNI, EGYPT, RALPH WALDO EMERSON
        BREAKING NEWS
        WE WON   WE WON  HEBRON HOUSE IS OURS

        BARUCH HASHEM - THANK G-D!
        WE WON WE WON WE WON
        I COULD KEEP WRITING THESE WORKS A MILLION TIMES AND IT STILL WOULDN'T BE ENOUGH.
        This afternoon the Israeli Supreme Court rejected Arab appeals concerning  Beit HaShalom in Hebron, thereby paving the way for our return to the building.
        It might be recalled: Mr. Morris Abraham and his family purchased Beit HaShalom for over a million dollars. The building, between Hebron and Kiryat Arba, was lived in by Jewish families for 22 months, before then Defense Minister Ehud Barak, expelled them, and had the building sealed.
        The Israeli Municipal Court ruled that the building should be returned to its Jewish owners, ruling that the building had been legally sold. The Arabs appealed the ruling to the Supreme Court, which today rejected the appeal.
        Presently, in order for us to return to the building, the Defense Minister, Moshe Bugi Yaalon, must sign a 'permit,' necessary to complete Jewish purchases in Judea and Samaria. This is a technical issue, and it is expected that the Defense Minister will sign the permits. Former Defense Minister Ehud Barak was quoted as saying that he (as Defense Minister) would sign the permits should the courts decide in our favor.
        This is a huge victory for the Hebron Jewish Community. Innumerable prayers, hours, money, tears, and what not, were invested in this building.  Families with babies and small children lived in rooms without windows, through rain and snowstorms. Puddles of freezing water filled family apartments.
        Yet dedication, determination, and faith, at its highest level were the name of the game. People refused, under any circumstances, to leave. Following a Supreme Court decision allowing the families to be expelled from the building, people's determination increased.
        Following the expulsion, people never gave up. The court case dragged on, but in the end, justice has prevailed. We will move back into Beit HaShalom.
        And my friends, let it be known, this is just the beginning... (Editor's emphasis)
        NEWS REPORTS:

        1-WHAT IS TSPI LIVNI UP TO?  SHE IS THE ACTIVIST JUSTICE MINISTER ASSIGNED TO THE PA NEGOTIATIONS BY BIBI.  MONTHS AGO IT WAS REPORTED THAT LIVNI 'WILLING TO CEDE CONTROL OF JORDAN VALLEY' Maariv reported three weeks ago August 2013, that Livni has been making various generous offers in contacts with the PA and US representatives.

        Google Lvni today and the record is blank.  BLANK IS DANGEROUS WHEN THE PERSON IS TRUSTED WITH NEGOTIATIONS OVER THE FATE OF ISRAEL.

        2-THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE GROUP, WHICH HAS CONTROLLED THE GAZA STRIP SINCE 2006, AND THE EGYPTIAN AUTHORITIES HAS SOURED SINCE THE OUSTER OF MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD PRESIDENT MOHAMED MORSI IN JULY 2013.  This is a very good thing.  Especially in an era when the Sinai has become a dangerous version of the American Wild West of yesteryear.

        3-AN AMERICAN THINKER'S JEWISH JOURNEY) (RALPH WALDO EMERSON)  Anti-Semitism THEN education, awakened an American thinker.  Ralph Waldo Emerson learned by hearing and seeing about the good Jews did.  We have to keep advancing our efforts for all mankind.

        1>LIVNI 'WILLING TO CEDE CONTROL OF JORDAN VALLEY'
        Gil Ronen
        Arutz Sheva
        Sept 16, 2013

        Sources close to Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu are once again expressing concern that Justice Minister Tzipi Livni, who heads the Israeli negotiating team with the Palestinian Authority (PA), is undermining the prime minister's positions in the talks.

        Daily newspaper Maariv quoted sources close to Netanyahu who said that Livni's positions differ from those of Netanyahu on the key issues of Jerusalem, eviction of Jewish communities and Israel's security arrangements in the Jordan Valley.

        According to the report, Livni - who heads the left-wing Hatnua political party - is willing to pull out the IDF from the Jordan Valley which guards Israel's long eastern border, and let an international force take its place. Netanyahu vigorously opposes this, citing the region's crucial strategic importance.

        In addition, Livni has agreed to divide Jerusalem between Israel and a future state of "Palestine" in Judea and Samaria, as well as a large scale eviction of Jews from communities in Judea and Samaria - whereas Netanyahu believes that communities need to remain under Palestinian sovereignty, with proper security arrangements.

        Maariv reported three weeks ago that Livni has been making various generous offers in contacts with the PA and US representatives, while Netanyahu thinks that Israel should not give up its best cards in the early stages of negotiations, as it is not clear what the PA is willing to cede in terms of security arrangements.

        "In Netanyahu's vicinity," the newspaper explained, "there is a feeling that the Americans, whom Israel is making every effort not to bring into the negotiations room, are eagerly using Livni's statements in their conversations with the Palestinians and thus weakening Israel's position in the talks."

        There is widespread consensus among experts that ceding control of the Jordan Valley to any force but the IDF will make it extremely likely that missiles and other military hardware will be smuggled into Judea and Samaria, from where it could be used to target Tel Aviv with ease.

        If a Palestinian state were to be established in all or the majority of Judea and Samaria, experts say such an arrangement would leave central Israel as narrow as 8 miles at some points, placing approximately 70% of Israel's population within firing-range of deadly mortars and rocket fire, and without the "strategic depth" to successfully defend against invasion.

        Other sources close to the Prime Minister told Maariv that they were not aware of the aforementioned concerns regarding Livni.

        2>CAIRO COURT OUTLAWS HAMAS ACTIVITIES IN EGYPT RELATIONS BETWEEN THE PALESTINIAN ISLAMIST GROUP, which has controlled the Gaza Strip since 2006, and the Egyptian authorities have soured since the ouster of Muslim Brotherhood president Mohamed Morsi in July 2013 El-Sayed Gamal El-Deen, AMRAM ONLINE Tuesday 4 Mar 2014 http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/95825/Egypt/Politics-/BREAKING-Cairo-court-outlaws-Hamas-activities-in-E.aspx
                    The Cairo Court for Urgent Matters has outlawed all activities in Egypt by Hamas, the Palestinian Islamist organisation, and ordered the sequestration of its offices in Cairo.
                    The relationship between the group, which has controlled the Gaza Strip since 2006, and the Egyptian authorities has soured since the ouster of Muslim Brotherhood president Mohamed Morsi in July 2013.
                    Egyptian officials have accused Hamas of providing support to Islamic militants who have increased their attacks on security forces in the Sinai Peninsula

        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)