Poll results for NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS

  • NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS@yahoogrou
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 7, 2008
      The following NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: Should the Department of Homeland Security
      DHS, also ask Science Fiction Fans,
      as well as Science Fiction Writers for help?
      DHS Asks Science Fiction Writers to Foresee
      Possible Terrorism
      click on
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS/message/1068
      for details

      Several items here on this topic,
      can we get some discussion going about it?
      What about asking science fiction fans to do this?
      Seems to me science fiction fans read so
      many different writers that science fiction fans
      could be EVEN MORE EFFECTIVE than
      science fiction writers would be,
      I happen to be a fan and an amateur writer ,
      what do you think?
      Should Uncle Sam ask for help from science fans
      as well as from science fiction writers?
      PLEASE VOTE FOR AS MANY CHOICES AS YOU WANT

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - YES DHS SHOULD ASK SCIENCE FICTION FANS FOR HELP TOO, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - NO SCIENCE FICTION FANS ARE NOT AS CREATIVE AS SCIENCE FICTION WRITERS, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - I DO NOT KNOW BUT I WOULD LOVE TO DISCUSS THE ISSUE, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - I WILL POST MY THOUGHTS ON THE ISSUE, 2 votes, 8.33%
      - I THINK THEY SHOULD ASK SPY NOVEL FANS AND WRITERS TOO, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - I THINK THEY SHOULD ASK HISTORIANS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - HOW ABOUT ASKING COMIC BOOK WRITERS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK GAMERS, 0 votes, 0.00%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK RELIGIOUS STUDENTS AND TEACHERS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD WORK WITH ISRAELI INTELLIGENCE, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK POLITICIANS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK CONVICTS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK PRISON GUARDS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK PSYCHIATRISTS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK MENTAL PATIENTS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK DRUG ADDICTS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK UNDERCOVER DRUG AGENTS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK JOURNALISTS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK PHOTOGRAPHERS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK ARTISTS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK MUSICIANS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK COMPOSERS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK SCULPTORS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK SINGERS, 1 votes, 4.17%
      - THEY SHOULD ASK DANCERS, 1 votes, 4.17%

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2009
        The following NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: What do you think about this news article?
        Please choose as many responses as you wish and please
        also post your thoughts.

        FBI aims for world's largest biometrics database
        Saturday December 22nd, 2007

        The FBI is embarking on a $1 billion project to build the world's largest computer database of biometrics to give the government more ways to identify people at home and abroad, the Washington Post reported on Friday.

        The FBI has already started compiling digital images of faces, fingerprints and palm patterns in its systems, the paper said.

        In January, the agency -- which focuses on violations of federal law, espionage by foreigners and terrorist activities -- expects to award a 10-year contract to expand the amount and kinds of biometric information it receives, it said.

        At an employer's request, the FBI will also retain the fingerprints of employees who have undergone criminal background checks, the paper said.

        If successful, the system, called Next Generation Identification, will collect the biometric information in one place for identification and forensic purposes, the Post said.

        (Reporting by Rachelle Younglai; Editing by John O'Callaghan)

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - 1984 is here, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - sounds like Philip K. Dick's EYE IN THE SKY, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - now on to room 101, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - how many fingers Winston?, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - necessary to stop terrorists, 1 votes, 100.00%
        - norman spinrad where are you now that we need you?, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - maxwell smart and control vs. chaos, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - his bow tie is really a camera, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - shoe phones vs shoe bombers , 0 votes, 0.00%
        - shoe flies don't bother me, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - live free or die, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - when the Sturch (made famous in A Woman A Day) gets this what will they do with it? , 0 votes, 0.00%
        - Hitler would have loved this, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - Hitllary Clinton will love this if she is elected and hate it if she loses, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - come on folks this is serious we are in big trouble, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - ok ok so stop the world I want to get off, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - forget about it, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - Putin probably has it already, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - Just think what bin Laden could use this for, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - maybe Huckabee Dickory Dock has this already?, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - fight the future, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - fight the power, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - power to the people, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - game set and match, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - end game game over hasta lasagna don't get any on ya, 0 votes, 0.00%

        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS