Jewish Singles And Other Events

  • mrarbus
    Message 1 of 145 , Feb 2, 2008
      Jewish Singles And Other Events

      Roberta is having another Circle of Single Jewish Friends Jewish
      Singles lunch.
      Attendees should RSVP Roberta at (908) 668-8450 or
      roger678@...
      roger678 AT optonine.net
      Although Champps restauant is not Kosher, many vegetarian and salad
      choices are available.

      Date: February 17th, 2008 c.e. Sunday
      Time: NOON
      Location: Champps Restaurant
      418 Menlo Park Drive right in the Menlo
      Park Mall
      Edison, New Jersey

      Price: Price of meal/tip, plus $3.00
      Attendees should RSVP Roberta at (908) 668-8450 or
      roger678@...
      roger678 AT optonine.net
      Not a Kosher restaurant. Please recommend Kosher restaurants to
      Roberta for future events.Price cost of meal, tax and tip
      plus $3 to Roberta
      Champps Restaurant in the Menlo Park Mall Route 1 and Parsonage Road),
      at Champps Restaurant in the
      Menlo Park Mall (Route 1 and Parsonage Road,Edison, NJ
      Age range Baby Boomers give or take a few years or so.
      Take The Garden State Parkway to Exit 130 to Route 1 South
      to the Menlo Park Mall Route 1 and Parsonage Road in Edison, New
      Jersey.

      Please RSVP Roberta (908) 668-8450
      http://www.champps.com/

      http://www.champps.com/menu

      http://www.champps.com/entrees

      Some Passaic Bergen County Jewish Singles Meetup Group Events
      Mailing List Address: singles-1651@...
      singles-1651 AT meetup.com

      http://singles.meetup.com/1651/

      Shabbat Dinner at the CJC no special occasion
      There are about 6 to 8 Shabbat dinners a year at the CJC.
      The Friday night Service is held first at 6:30 pm and lasts about 45
      minutes-one hour....and the Dinner follows.
      It is a very friendly and warm atmosphere at the CJC....and there is
      usually singing and
      dancing of a hora etc... to celebrate Shabbat. After the dinner, if
      anyone is interested in going elsewhere, there will still be plenty
      of time! We would have time to talk during the dinner ....and get to
      know members of our new Jewish Singles group!
      When
      Friday, February 1, 2008 at 6:30 PM 2008
      Where
      CJC
      CLIFTON
      Clifton , NJ 07011

      Who should come
      Anyone who was not able to attend the Sunday "Bagels and
      Conversation"...and those who really would like to meet again soon.
      Why
      The more activities we do together, the easier it will be to plan new
      activities!
      How to find the organizer(s)
      "We are meeting for the Feb 1st Shabbat dinner at the CJC ! We will
      reserve tables for our members . Services at 6:30 pm , Dinner starts
      at 7:30 pm CALL Michele 973-772-3131 to reserve a seat with
      the "singles group" $20 (charge)"
      --martine
      Event fee
      USD $20.00 per person
      "Bagels and Conversation" for Adult Jewish Singles at the CJC
      We will meet a little earlier this time, because no-one wanted to
      leave the first meeting !
      Members can come at 11:00 am...and sit around or help out until the
      brunch begins at 12:00 noon...but we must leave the premisses by 2:00
      the LATEST!
      When
      Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 12:00 PM 2008
      Where
      CJC
      CLIFTON
      Clifton , NJ 07011

      singles-1651 AT meetup.com
      http://singles.meetup.com/1651/

      Who should come
      Any Adult Jewish Singles 35+ , 40's,50's,60's,70's+ who would like to
      meet other Adult Jewish Singles in a Friendly Warm Atmosphere...with
      Brunch!
      Why
      You finally have a place to go to meet other Jewish singles face to
      face....and NOT in a bar or at an intimidating venue! We had so much
      fun at the first meeting....the next one is bound to be even better!

      http://singles.meetup.com/1651/

      How to find the organizer(s)
      "Enter the CJC through the Main Entrance at the Corner of Delaware
      Street"
      --martine
      Event fee
      $8 per person
      Shabbat Across America and Canada
      With a couple of tables for our group we would have time to meet and
      greet new friends and acquaintances (from our last get together) ...
      there will be singing and dancing the Hora....and plenty of time
      after, for anyone who would like to go to another venue after the
      Dinner.
      When
      Friday, March 7, 2008 at 6:30 PM 2008
      Where
      CJC
      CLIFTON
      Clifton , NJ 07011

      Who should come
      Anyone who would like to be part of the "Shabbat Across America"
      annual Event...and members who cannot attend the Sunday "Bagels and
      Conversation" meetings at the CJC.
      Why
      IT is always fun!
      Organized by
      martine
      Event fee
      $20 per person
      The Passaic/Bergen County Jewish Singles Meetup Group
      Mailing List Address: singles-1651@...
      singles-1651 AT meetup.com
      http://singles.meetup.com/1651/

      held their first event today Sunday January 27th, 2008 c.e. at noon
      it was great!

      More information about that group is below.

      Meet other Jewish singles from the Passaic and Bergen County
      area...in their 40's, 50's and 60's...to have a " Bagels and
      Conversation Breakfast " in a familiar and friendly atmosphere at the
      Clifton Jewish Center on Delaware street in Clifton, New Jersey.
      Depending on the response of members, we can plan other activities
      of interest to the group.

      We will have one meetup Breakfast each month (at 12:00 noon- 1:30
      pm ?) ...the date will be determined by member responses and
      availability of the meeting space at the CJC.
      Please sign up as a member so that I can start planning the first
      meetup of this kind!
      Location: Clifton, NJ 07011
      Founded: Jan 13, 2008
      Member Fee: none

      singles-1651 AT meetup.com
      for Jewish singles in their 40's, 50's, and 60+ will provide a venue
      for Jewish Singles to meet other age-appropriate Jewish singles and
      plan activities for the future.

      sunday [jan. 27] New singles group The "Passaic/Bergen Jewish
      Singles" group is being introduced at the Clifton Jewish Center
      http://www.cliftonjewishcenter.com/
      at noon. This new group for Jewish singles in their 40's, 50's, and
      60+ will provide a venue for Jewish Singles to meet other age-
      appropriate Jewish singles and plan activities for the future.
      Martine, (973) 772-3131.

      Phone: (973) 772-3131
      Email:
      contact@...

      contact AT cliftonjewishcenter.com
      http://www.cliftonjewishcenter.com/calendar.asp

      Clifton Jewish Center
      18 Delaware St
      Clifton, NJ 07011
      Phone: (973) 772-3131
      Merge onto US-46 E via
      EXIT 154 of the Garden State Parkway toward CLIFTON. 0.7 miles Map

      10: Turn RIGHT onto DELAWARE ST. <0.1 miles Map

      11: End at 18 Delaware St
      Clifton, NJ 07011-3151

      The Passaic/Bergen County Jewish Singles Meetup Group
      held their first event on Sunday January 27th, 2008 c.e. at noon
[...]

      Clifton, NJ 07011-3151The item below is from CAMERA

      [ If you cannot see the graphic below, please scroll down to find
      text of invitation. ]

      "Anti-Israel Bias in Popular Culture"
      Tuesday, February 26, 2008
      8:15 pm
      Playboy, Vogue, NBC's The West Wing and Vanity Fair have all veered
      into anti-Israel bias in recent years. In areas where there are no
      news standards, how can the public expect accuracy and fair play?

      Panelists: Gilead Ini, CAMERA Senior Research Analyst; Emily Benedek,
      Journalist and Author

      Place: 92nd St. Y, Buttenweiser Hall
      1395 Lexington Ave., New York, NY 10128

      CAMERA members $13. When purchasing tickets use discount code (CAM).

      To purchase tickets, call 212.415.5500 or go to http://www.92y.org

      Seats are limited. Please reserve in advance.

      Presented by CAMERA and 92nd Street Y

      Danielle Roffman
      New York Regional Director
      Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America
      (212) 463-8272
      droffman@...
      droffman AT camera.org
      http://www.camera.org

      item directly above is from CAMERA

      Rabbi Menashe at Ohr Natan - Shortcut to Happiness!
      Sunday, February 10th 2008, c.e. at 8:00 p.m.Rabbi Ya¡¦aqob Menashe
      u¡¨hv
      The Renowned Speaker in conjunction with Ohr Natan
      98-75 Queens Blvd., (Corner of 67th ave.) Forest Hills, NY
      Hot Chinese Buffet
      Info: Midrash BEN ISH HAI (516) 487-6676
      http://www.midrash.org

      This lecture is open to everybody, families and singles and will be
      well attended by both. So bring your friends and family.

      There will be Music. Refreshments served. Admission Free.

      Tell all your friends about it! And
      See you there!

      A selection of several of the Hakham's lectures can be purchased on
      line at:
      http://www.midrash.org/lectures

      While you do not have to be a member of our free Yahoo Jewish Singles
      Groups to attend our events we do hope that you will join them.
      You may post your introductions to them whenever you wish. When you
      post your introductions and when you respond to other introductions
      please state that you are Jewish, single and over 21. Feel free also
      to give your approximate age if you wish in your posts and your

      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
      below will take you to

      The Jewish Singles Events immediately below are from the website of
      The Jewish Standard
      http://www.jstandard.com/categories/Singles/

      sunday [feb. 3]

      Super Bowl party Jewish singles, 35-59, meet to watch the Super Bowl
      at the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades in Tenafly, 5:30 p.m. $25 at the
      door. Hero sandwiches, munchies, and beer. Reservations, (201) 569-
      7900, ext. 301.

      wednesday [feb. 6]
      Support for widows/widowers Jewish Family Service clinical social
      worker Debbie Fox begins a young widows/widowers support group for
      those younger than 60, at Jewish Family Service in Teaneck, 7 p.m.
      $20 per session, $90 for the series. Also Feb. 13. Laura, (201) 837-
      9090.

      thursday [feb. 7]
      Widows and widowers meet A support group for widows and widowers,
      facilitated by a social worker from Jewish Family Services, meets at
      the Glen Rock Jewish Center, 11:45 a.m. Lunch served. $5 donation.
      (201) 652-6624 or e-mail office@...

      Wine tasting The JCC in Manhattan hosts "Wine Tasting 101," for
      singles in their 30s, 7 p.m. $15 for JCC members, $18 for non-
      members. (646) 505-5708 or visit www.jccmanhattan.org

      friday [feb. 8]
      Shabbat in New York The JCC in Manhattan hosts a Shabbat dinner for
      singles in their 20s, 7 p.m. $28 for JCC members, $32 for non-
      members. Vegetarian by request. (646) 505-5708 or visit
      www.jccmanhattan.org

      sunday [feb. 10]
      Brunch and discussion Jewish Singles of All Ages meet at the Kaplen
      JCC on the Palisades in Tenafly for brunch and a discussion with
      certified life coach Harvey Feldman on "Live Life to the Fullest,"
      noon. $17 with payment by Feb. 7, $20 at the door. (201) 569-7900,
      ext. 301.

      Scavenger hunt Singles in their 20s-30s from the JCC in Manhattan, go
      on a scavenger hunt in Grand Central Station. Meet on the main
      concourse at the round information booth with the clock, 2:30 p.m.
      $15 for members, $18 for non-members. (646) 505-4457 or
      www.jccmanhattan.org

      http://www.jstandard.com/categories/Singles/
      items directly above are from url directly above

      JCC Jewish Cultural Center
      http://www.jccmetrowest.org/

      New Beginnings group writes that "the group decided to "do" lunch
      at Eppes Essen in Livingston, New Jersey
      http://www.eppesessen.com/
      105 E. Mt. Pleasant Avenue, Livingston, NJ 07039 USA - Phone: 973-994-
      1120
      http://www.eppesessen.com/menus.htm
      on Sunday, February 3, 2008 at 1 P.M.
      The restaurant is a Jewish style Deli and is not pricey
      (decent fair 11 to 16). It is located at 105 E Mt. Pleasant
      Avenue in Livingston, NJ, 07039 The restaurant phone # is 973-994-
      1120. You will pay for your own food and tip. Please call first to
      find out what kind of
      Jewish group New Beginnings is and what the age range of the group is.
      Bernice Yonowitz is in charge that day. She can be reached at home
      973-748-8426,
      cell 201-341-6916 The day's plan is to meet for lunch and after,
      form groups to go to the movies. There was discussion about
      meeting for dinner and or going to the movies every other week on
      a Tuesday or Thursday. As the days get longer, this will be a very
      nice option. Please call the group first to find out what kind of
      Jewish group it is and what the age range of the group is.

      PLEASE NOTE RE THE ITEM ABOVE THAT
      judging by their on line menu
      http://www.eppesessen.com/menus.htm
      this is NOT a Kosher restaurant

      The West Hempstead Frum Singles is having its second annual
      Shabbaton. Gourmet catered meals, outstanding programs and
      entertainment are just part of the great weekend. One shidduch was
      made last year. Will you be next?

      When: March 7-8, 2008 (Parshas Pekudai)
      Age: 30s-40s, women; 40s-50s men: Ages may be modified to better
      serve the needs of the respondents.
      Location: West Hempstead, NY
      Cost: $100 before 2/22; $125 after 2/22

      *No one will be turned away based on financial situation. Please do
      not allow the cost to deter you.

      **Please contact us if you are able to sponsor this event. The money
      will go toward those who can not afford to pay for the Shabbaton. Be
      our partners in this great mitzvah of making shiduchim . It is worthy
      of your tzedaka.

      For more information please email Shabbaton1@aol. com
      Shabbaton1 AT aol.com

      or call Julie Feiner (516)582-2190 or Rabbi Brian Thau (516) 382-6639

      Do you have a Jewish single friend that you have not yet met in
      person and may have been in touch with via email or telephone or
      otherwise Why not invite that Jewish single friend to meet you at
      one of the many Jewish singles events listed in our posts
      Be sure to send your photo to your Jewish single friend, and to ask
      your Jewish single friend to send a photo to you.
      That way you can recognize one another when you meet at a Jewish
      singles event.
      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
      below will take you to

      A free fantastic Jewish singles resource
      can be found at the url below

      http://www.thejewishpeople.org/

      You may post your own introductions there, with our without photos
      of yourself and may also search for other Jewish singles there
      by state, gender, age range, etc.
      Everything there is free.

      We have no connections whatsoever to the site,
      but if you do post your photo there you may wish to
      include the url where your photo may be found at that
      site, in your introductions, and responses to other introductions,
      that you post at our Yahoo Jewish singles groups.

      Time to Post Your Introductions Meet In A Public Place
      Please remember to state if you are a smoker or a non-smoker.
      Please let people know if you have cats or are allergic to cats.
      If a photo of you is available you might offer to email one.
      Please regularly post your introduction as new members keep on
      joining. Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over.

      To post your introduction, or any other post, or idea, or
      suggestion,or event information,etc. to:
      and then click on Post or if you are already a member of
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael/
      email JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael AT yahoogroups.com
      Please let people know your approximate or exact age, what town and
      county you live in, your gender,what sort of person you are
      interested in meeting.

      You may if you wish include a link to your photo.Attachements are
      stripped out of posts to the group.Please also state that you are
      Jewish, single and over 21 in your post.
      To post your introduction, or any other post, or idea, or
      suggestion,or event information,etc. to:
      and then click on Post or if you are already a member of
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael/
      email JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael@yahoogroups.com
      JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael AT yahoogroups.com

      Please let people know your approximate or exact age, what town and
      county you live in,
      your gender,what sort of person you are interested in meeting. You
      may if you wish include a link to your photo.Attachements are
      stripped out of posts to the group.Please also state that you are
      Jewish, single and over 21 in your post.
      To post your introduction, or any other post, or idea, or
      suggestion,or event information,etc. to:
      and then click on Post or if you are already a member of
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesOfNJ/
      email JewishSinglesOfNJ@yahoogroups.com
      JewishSinglesOfNJ AT yahoogroups.com

      Please let people know your approximate or exact age, what town and
      county you live in,
      your gender,what sort of person you are interested in meeting. You
      may if you wish include a link to your photo.Attachements are
      stripped out of posts to the group.Please also state that you are
      Jewish, single and over 21 in your post.

      To post your introduction, or any other post, or idea, or
      suggestion,or event information,etc. to:
      and then click on Post or if you are already a member of
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesFromEverywhere/
      email JewishSinglesFromEverywhere@yahoogroups.com
      JewishSinglesFromEverywhere AT yahoogroups.com

      Please let people know your approximate or exact age, what town and
      county you live in, your gender,what sort of person you are
      interested in meeting.
      You may if you wish include a link to your photo.Attachements are
      stripped out of posts to the group.Please also state that you are
      Jewish, single and over 21 in your post.
      Directions to the JCC
      (Jewish Community Center) on the Palisades
      411 East Clinton Avenue Tenafly, NJ 07670 201 569 7900
      these directions were found at:
      http://www.jcconthepalisades.org/template.phpsection=AD

      FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY NORTH
      Exit 161 to Route 4 East. Continue directions from Route 4.
      FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY SOUTH
      Exit 163 to Route 17 South to Route 4 East.
      FROM NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE
      Exit 18 to Route 46 East to Grand Avenue. Proceed North past Route 4
      and continue as described below (from Route 4).

      FROM I-80 EAST
      To Garden State Parkway North to Exit 161 and then to Route 4 East.
      FROM ROUTE 4
      Exit at Grand Avenue/Englewood. Follow Grand Avenue North about 1
      mile, where it
      becomes Engle Street. Continue on Engle Street past Englewood
      Hospital. 2nd
      Traffic light past hospital make right onto E. Clinton Avenue. JCC is
      approximately 1 mile on left.

      FROM NEW YORK CITY & LONG ISLAND
      Go over George Washington Bridge to Palisades Parkway North. Get off
      at Exit 1,
      Englewood Cliffs & Palisades Avenue. Make right and go to 1st light.
      At light
      make a right onto Route 9W No. At 4th light make a left onto E.
      Clinton Avenue.
      JCC is mile on right.

      FROM SOUTH OR WEST
      Take New Jersey Turnpike (95) No. or Route 80 East to Broad Ave.
      Exit. Bear
      right onto Broad Ave. toward Englewood. Broad Ave. will become Dana
      Place. Take
      Dana Place to end. Make right onto E. Palisades Ave. At 3rd block
      (on left) make
      left onto No. Woodland Street to end. Make right onto E. Clinton
      Avenue.
      JCC immediately on left.
      FROM NORTH
      Take Palisades Parkway South and get off at Exit 2. Make left off
      ramp onto
      Route 9W South. At 3rd light make right onto E. Clinton Avenue. JCC
      is mile on right.

      FROM TAPPAN ZEE BRIDGE
      To Exit 13 So. (Palisades Parkway So.) to Exit 2. Proceed as above
      from North.

      FROM CONNECTICUT (Stamford)
      Route I 95 So. to 287 West to Tappan Zee Bridge. Proceed as above.

      Singles 40-59
      Singles Schmooze
      Sunday February 24th 2008 c.e. at 6 p.m.
      Led by Jeff and Elaine
      Spend a casual evening getting to know other singles through
      discussions on various topics determined by the participants.
      $4 JCC members, $6 Nonmembers
      For more information contact:
      Esther Mazor, Singles Director x460

      emazor@...
      SUPERBOWL PARTY
      SUNDAY FEBRUARY 3RD, 2008 C.E. AT 5:30 P.M.
      CALL 201 569-7900 EXTENSION 301 FOR DETAILS
      http://www.jccotp.org/
      Super Bowl Party at the JCC
      http://www.jccotp.org/
      Watch as the two best teams in football square off on large screen
      TV. Enjoy hero sandwiches, munchies, beer and socializing before and
      during the game. Reservations required.
      $21 by January 31, $25 after.
      To register after January 31, please call Ronit Gorelik at 201-569-
      7900 ext. 301
      Sun, Feb 3
      5:30 PM - 10:00 PM
      $21.00 Member
      $21.00 Non Member

      For more information, or to register, please call 201.569.7900x460.

      BBQ & Sports and Schmooze at the JCC
      http://www.jccotp.org/
      Don't miss this great day of food, fun and activities. Have fun
      playing volleyball and softball after you enjoy barbecued hot dogs,
      hamburgers or veggie burgers, and more. Also includes schmooze with
      Elaine on hot topics of your choice. Please wear sneakers, bring
      mitts and bats for softball. Rain or shine. Reservations required.
      $21 by May 15, $25 after.
      To register after May 15, please call Ronit Gorelik 201-569-7900 ext.
      301
      Sun, May 18
      4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
      $21.00 Member
      $21.00 Non Member

      For more information, or to register, please call 201.569.7900x460.

      Adults & Singles > Singles 40-59
      SINGLES 50 PLUS
      For more information contact:
      Esther Mazor, Singles Director x460
      emazor@...
      Singles Schmooze
      http://www.jccotp.org/
      Spend a casual evening getting to know other singles through
      discussions on various topics determined by the participants.
      $4 JCC Member/$6 Non-member per event

      Feb 24
      6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
      Mar 23
      6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
      Apr 13
      6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
      May 18
      6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
      Jun 22
      6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
      $4.00 Member
      $6.00 Non Member

      For more information, or to register, please call 201.569.7900x460.

      Summer Dance

      Great DJ-Light Buffet
      Singles of all ages Welcome

      Sun, Jun 29
      7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
      $13.00 Member
      $18.00 Non Member
      For more information, or to register, please call 201.569.7900x460.

      SINGLES OF ALL AGES

      Brunch and "Live Life to The Fullest" Sun, Feb 10
      12:00 PM - 2:30 PM
      $17.00 Member
      $17.00 Non Member
      $17 if paid by Feb. 6, $20 after
      http://www.jccotp.org/

      Learn how to maximize your potential and achieve the success and
      happiness you deserve. Don't miss this fun and interactive session
      led by Harvey Feldman, certified life coach. Enjoy bagels, cheese,
      salads and more before the presentation.
      To register after Feb.6, please call Ronit Gorelik 201-569-7900 ext.
      301

      For more information, or to register, please call 201.569.7900 x460.
      Singles 35-59 http://www.jccotp.org/category.aspx?catid=214

      Super Bowl Party at the JCC

[...]

      5 Minute Dating

      Don't miss this chance to meet several different people one-on-one
      for 5 minutes each in a casual atmosphere. Enjoy socializing with
      everyone during our breaks. Reservations required.

      $16 by June 25, $20 after.

      To register after June 25, please call Ronit Gorelik at 201-569-7900
      ext. 301
      Singles 35-59 http://www.jccotp.org/category.aspx?catid=214

      Sun, Jun 29
      4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
      $16.00 Member
      $20.00 Non Member

      Singles 40-59 http://www.jccotp.org/category.aspx?catid=50

      For more information contact:
      Esther Mazor, Singles Director x460
      emazor@...

      Singles Schmooze

      Spend a casual evening getting to know other singles through
      discussions on various topics determined by the participants.
      $4 JCC Member/$6 Non-member per event
      Feb 24
      6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
      Mar 23
      6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
      Apr 13
      6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
      May 18
      6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
      Jun 22
      6:30 PM - 8:30 PM

      Singles 50+ http://www.jccotp.org/category.aspx?catid=51
      Summer Dance

      Great DJ-Light Buffet
      Singles of all ages Welcome
      Sun, Jun 29
      7:30 PM - 10:30 PM
      $13.00 Member
      $18.00 Non Member

      For more information, or to register, please call 201.569.7900x460

      for details on the events listed immediately below
      please click on http://www.kehillaton.com/

      Today (Sat, 2 Feb)
      12:00 PM Birthday Shabbat - Event: Other [Five Towns - Cedarhurst,
      NY]
      Wed, 6 Feb
      9:30 AM Women's Day Trip - Event: Outing/Hike/Tiyul [Five Towns -
      Cedarhurst, NY]
      8:15 PM JLI - Beyond Belief - Event: Classes/Seminar/Workshop [Five
      Towns - Cedarhurst, NY]
      Sun, 10 Feb
      2:00 PM Halacha and the Environment - Event: Singles Event [New York -
      Brooklyn, NY]
      Tue, 12 Feb
      8:00 PM The Deepest Purim of Our Lives - Lecture: Kabalah/Mysticism
      [New York - Manhattan, NY]
      8:00 PM Getting High on Purim. - Lecture: Kabalah/Mysticism [New
      York - Manhattan, NY]
      Fri, 15 Feb
      10:00 AM Jewish Men's Workshop- Call of the Shofar - Event:
      Classes/Seminar/Workshop [Baltimore, MD]
      Sun, 6 Apr
      7:00 PM Hair Covering - Lecture: Hashkafa/Jewish Thought [Teaneck,
      NJ]
      Tue, 8 Jul
      7:30 PM Israel Summer Program for Grades 10 & 11 - Event:
      Classes/Seminar/Workshop [Five Towns - Lawrence, NY]
      Sun, 13 Jul
      10:30 AM Camp Shachar - Event: Other [Clifton, NJ]

      Find more: [events] and [lectures]

      for details on the events listed immediately above
      please click on http://www.kehillaton.com/

      Shidduch Counselors Jewish Singles Event!

      Event Date:

      SHIDDUCH COUNSELORS PRESENTS Naftali & Chana Schwartz Jewish Singles
      Dinner, Fun & Complete Program! Sunday, February 17, 2008 5pm AGES:
      20's ¡V 30's Sheves Achim 1517 Avenue H Off 16th Street Flatbush, NY
      11218 PROGRAM Features: *Guest Speaker *Kosher Gourmet on J Catering
      by Kehilah Kashrus & VAAD Harabbanim of Flatbush *Live Music
      *Complete Program with Naftali & Chana Sign ¡V Up for this Event
      Immediately!!! Limited Space Available! Guaranteed space by phone/e-
      mail! RSVP immediately with payment! Cover Charge: Pre-Paid $20 by
      February 14 or $25 at the door. SNOW DATE: February 24, 2008 RSVP
      with Payment For Registration Required Either By PAYPAL or Direct
      Check! Paypal consists of either paying by credit card or bank to
      bank transfer! Contact Chana at lschwartz8@... 845-371-2488
      www.shidduchcounselors.com

      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_ FICTION_FANS
      Wants you! Our Science Fiction group is for everyone 21 or older
      regardless of background or marital status. Younger fans should find
      another group.
      Please introduce yourself when you join and
      periodically as new members keep joining. We plan to get together at
      restaurants and to go to movies. We will see them in movie theaters,
      and, if people are kind enough, on people's home VCRs, or DVD
      players, for the technologically advanced among us. Buy your own
      movie tickets. Buy your own meals at Restaurants. Hopefully a
      typical event would involve going to a Science Fiction Movie and
      then to a Restaurant to discuss the movie we just saw.
      Are you a single Science Fiction fan looking for a soulmate? Perhaps
      you will find that person here. This club is not a New Jersey
      singles group per se, and is open to anyone over 21, regardless of
      background or marital status, nonetheless, love is a good thing.

      Many science fiction fans in New Jersey also happen to be Jewish.
      Most science fiction fans are male. For the single Jewish woman in
      New Jersey joining a science fiction group may be the ideal way to
      find her ideal man. Unlike most singles events, which tend to be
      attended by more women than men, most science fiction events are
      attended by more men than women.

      If you happen to be Jewish, Single and over 21
      Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
      to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
      below will take you to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael/

      the items directly below appeared at
      http://www.frumster.com/events.php
      Sundays from December 16th through Sunday March 2nd All Ages
      EndTheMadness Leadership & Relationship Series
      Reservation is required
      Location: Cong. Kehilath Jeshurun, 125 East 85th St.
      Time: 2:30 - 5:00 PM
      Cost: $12 pre-paid
      Email: admin@...
      Website: http://www.endthemadness.org
      Details: EndTheMadness announces a new series of seminars that will
      focus on leadership and relationship skills, ideal for anyone who is
      involved or hopes to be involved in professional or personal
      relationships. These introspective and interactive programs will
      focus in particular on Conflict and Communication, as described
      below, and will be led by Kira Nurieli, a professional mediator and
      organizational consultant, specializing in conflict management and
      communication. Participants will walk away with a clearer sense of
      their own communication styles, behaviors, and attitudes, and how
      they affect their relationships.

      These seminars will be closed, invitation-only events, and will be
      limited to approximately 50 singles due to their interactive nature.
      The seminars will be held at Cong. Kehilath Jeshurun in Manhattan on
      the following dates (all Sunday afternoons): December 16, January 20,
      February 10, and March 2. Pizza will be served before the seminars,
      which will run approximately 2 hours each.

      Those who are interested in attending one or more of the seminars are
      strongly encouraged to request an invitation as soon as possible.
      When contacting us, please tell us a little about yourself, specify
      which program(s) you are interested in attending, and tell us what
      you hope to gain from the program(s). Invitations will be extended
      solely at our discretion to those we feel will be good company and an
      asset to the collective atmosphere (which, hopefully, is close to
      everyone).

      The cost for each seminar is $12, which must be pre-paid. There will
      be no registration the day of the event, nor will we hold spots for
      people. Please contact us only if you are seriously interested in
      attending and are prepared to make a commitment to that effect.

      Here is a rundown of the seminars:

      February 10 - Stress Management: This workshop highlights activities
      that help individuals cope with the stress that builds up in their
      lives. Using both psychological and behavioral activities, the
      program gives participants practical skills in stress management.
      Ultimately, these skills help participants function more effectively
      in the rigorous world they face. *Note: this seminar is designed and
      facilitated in collaboration with Ms. Janine Holstein, MSW

      March 2 - Schemas & Stereotypes: This program introduces the concept
      of schemas and how they frame our perception of infinite daily
      routines and patterns. It then develops how schemas lead to
      stereotypes, prejudice, and ultimately racism and racial profiling.
      Lively discussion and role-plays help develop sensitivity to the
      problems that schemas raise in modern society, followed by
      brainstorming remedies.

      Once again, spots for all these seminars will be very limited and we
      will begin filling them immediately. If you are interested in
      attending one or more, please contact us ASAP and reserve the date(s)
      on your calendar. To request a reservation, contact Chananya at
      admin@...
      admin AT endthemadness.org

      Saturday, February 2nd 21-40

      Jewish singles ages 21-40
      Reservation is required
      Location: Baggot Inn 82 west 3rd st
      Time: 9pm
      Cost: $10
      Phone: 347-401-2470
      Email: jsny55@...
      Details: Saturday 2/2/08 9PM ages 21-40
      J*E*R*R*Y's Jewish singles enjoy
      a night of Jazz, Blues, & Rock.
      Hear 3 live bands in 3 clubs in
      Greenwich Village about 1 hour each.
      $10 registration fee includes admission to all clubs.
      More than that on your own.
      You must buy 1 beverage at each club.
      ID is required for the clubs.
      It's better to have it & not need it then ...

      RSVP to jsny55@...
      jsn55 AT yahoo.com
      with 2/2 in subject & Frumster, 1st name, age & gender for the
      details.
      OR add me instead of 2/2 to get our twice a month e-mails

      Jewish singles ages 21-40 Saturday 2/2/08
      347-401-2470

      Sunday, February 3
      Ages: 30+
      Sam E. Minzer presents the "ULTIMATE SUPER BOWL PARTY"
      Reservation is required
      Location: THE LOFT 379 Fifth Ave. @ 36th St. N,Y.C.
      Time: 4:00 P.M.
      Cost: R.S.V.P. until 2/01/08 $50.00 p.p. or $60.00 at the door
      Phone: 212-889-5099 xt 224
      Email: sam@...
      Website: www.newbeginningsfoundations.org
      Details: Join and meet some great single professionals for the
      ULTIMATE SUPER BOWL PARTY.

      Watch the big game on 5 WIDE SCREEN HDTV'S, Enjoy a delicious glatt
      kosher BUFFET catered by DOUGIE'S BAR B-QUE & GRILL, For the football
      aficionado we will have 2 PRIVATE SCREENING ROOMS,
      We also have Mr. H.P.our famous D.J. for your DANCING and listening
      pleasure, as well as lots of NOSH, WINE & BEER .

      We have designed this party so that everyone will have a good time no
      matter how much of a football fan you are.

      The festvities start at 4:00 p.m. (kickoff at 6:18 p.m.)

      Our functions are always well atended and space is limited so we
      suggest that you make your reservation early..

      Call Monday through Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Friday 9:00 a.m.
      to 3:30 p.m.

      Sunday, February 3
      Ages: 40-66
      Jewish singles 40 & over 4 kosher coffee & conversation.
      Reservation is required
      Location: e-mail
      Time: 3pm
      Cost: $10
      Phone: 347-401-2470
      Email: jsny40@...
      Details: Sunday 2/3/08 3-5pm ages 40 & over. super bowl sunday
      Jewish singles join JERRY midtown
      for coffee & conversation.
      $10 registration fee AND everyone pays
      for their own food & drinks.

      Let's talk politics. ALL welcome.
      What party do you like? Why?
      What canadate do you like? WHY?
      Who do you think is going to win? Why?
      AND anything else you want to talk about.
      Does age & or gender matter?

      Reply for details & or to RSVP with 2/2 in subject & Frumster, 1st
      name, age & gender.
      OR type "add me" instead of "2/2" to get our twice a month e-mails.

      Sunday, February 3
      All Welcome!
      R' Haimoff Lecture on the "Super bowl & Marriage Life" Food Served
      Location: Beth Gavriel
      Time: 8:00 PM
      Cost: FREE
      Phone: 91761736363
      Email: ym31190@...
      Details: Spread the Word!
      This Sunday Night, February 3rd, 2008
      Special Lecture by
      Rabbi Igal Haimoff
      Topic "The Super bowl & Marriage Life"
      FOOD at 8:00 PM
      Lecture Scheduled for 8:30 PM
      Men and Women are Welcome! Admission is FREE!
      Location: Beth Gavriel Community Center
      66 ¡V 35 108th St. Forest Hills NY 11375
      For more information Call: 917-617-3636 or E-mail:
      ChazaqEvents@...

      To be Notified of CHAZAQ Events please Email: ChazaqEvents@...
      ChazaqEvents AT gmail.com

      Thursday, February 7
      Young Jewish Professionals
      DEVELOP YOUR PUBLIC SPEAKING SKILLS WHILE HAVING FUN!! ¡V PUBLIC
      SPEAKING FORUM FOR YOUNG JEWISH PROFESSIONALS
      Reservation is required
      Location: Downtown Manhattan (Soho Area) - Please Contact us via
      email for detailed address information
      Time: 7:05Pm
      Cost: Free!
      Email: YJPToastmasters@...
      Website: http://www.toastmasters.org
      Details: Have you always wanted to get over your fear of Public
      Speaking? Have you ever wanted to become an effective Public Speaker?
      NOW YOU CAN !!! Come to YJP TOASTMASTERS ¡V Public Speaking Club for
      young Jewish Professionals. Develop your public speaking skills in a
      Fun, Warm, Friendly and Enthusiastic environment.

      "You gain Strength, Courage, and Confidence by every experience in
      which you really stop to look fear in the face" -Eleanor Roosevelt "

      " Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain" ¡V William
      James

      People who get ahead in life are those who can communicate
      effectively. Wouldn't you like to develop this priceless skill? Now
      you can!"

      Please be advised that this Public Speaking forum is not designed as
      a pure social event for singles. We will be having Young Jewish
      Professionals both single and married attending our meetings who are
      looking to become more comfortable with their public speaking and
      become more effective communicators. We meet approximately twice a
      month, on a consistent basis.

      Please note that at our YJP Toastmasters public speaking meetings we
      encourage people to challenge themselves and get up and speak..
      However, we do not force anyone to do so. You can learn a lot by just
      attending our meetings. By just coming to our meeting you have made
      an initial step towards challenging your fears...!!!

      Please contact us via email if you have any further questions

      Saturday, February 9
      Ages: 25-35
      Singles4Singles Chocolate Conversations Cafe
      Reservation is required
      Location: Location to be disclosed upon registration
      Time: 8-10 PM (apx)
      Cost: Bring Chocolate to share (Value $4-$7); alternate $10 cash
      Phone: 212-531-3466
      Email: singles4singles@...
      Website: http://www.singles4singles.net
      Details: Singles4Singles is pleased to present

      "Chocolate Conversations Cafe"

      Come enjoy the delicious smell of chocolate wafting through the air,
      while meeting new people and engaging in delectable conversation in a
      cozy, and relaxed setting.

      Date: Motzei Shabbos, February 9, 2008

      Time: 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm (apx.)

      Location: Manhattan location will be disclosed to registered
      participants Thursday before the event.

      Advance Reservation is REQUIRED

      Cost: Bring chocolate to share (valued at $4 -$7; major hashgochos
      only); if you do not bring chocolate, the fee is $10.

      Priority will be given to first time attendees . Space is EXTREMELY
      limited.

      Phone: 212-531-3466

      E-mail: Singles4singles@...

      Web: http://www.singles4singles.net
      Details: Hashkofically, we seek colleg educated men (25 to 35) who
      should have a regular Torah learning Seder and Daven three times
      daily, preferably with a Minyan. Women (25-35) should be similarly
      educated and plan to cover their hair after marriage and wear skirts
      and dresses only.

      Additonal light refreshments will be provided.

      All attendees must be pre-registered. Registration requires an email
      to singles4singles@..., with your name, age, brief hashkofic
      description, where you are from, and who referred you, and a phone
      number to reach you. In addition, we recommend that people add their
      names to our mailing list via a yahoo group by sending an email to
      s4semail-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      REGISTRATION CLOSES: February 7, 9 PM.

      Join the S4S Group on Facebook.

      Sunday, February 10
      Ages: 23 to 40
      Darche Noam's 5th Annual Yom Iyun
      Reservation is required
      Location: Lincoln Square Synagogue, 200 Amsterdam Ave (at W. 69th St)
      Time: 10:00am to 3:00pm
      Cost: $36/person
      Phone: 516-371-7872
      Email: events@...
      Website: www.darchenoam.org
      Details: "Bad Things DO Happen to Good People: Confronting Adversity
      in our Daily Lives."

      Featuring Rabbi Shaya Karlinsky (Dean, Darche Noam Institutions),
      Rabbi Yitzchak Shurin (Rosh Midrasha, Midreshet Rachel v'Chaya) and
      Rabbi Shaul Robinson (Senior Rabbi, Lincoln Square Synagogue). $36
      per person. For men and women. Includes lectures, text based shiurim
      with chevruta preparation, and a gourmet lunch.

      Sunday, February 10
      Ages: 18+
      OHR NATAN(FOREST HILLS) AND MIDRASH BEN ISH HAI(GREAT NECK)
      Location: OHR NATAN 98-75 Queens Blvd., Forest Hills NY 11375
      Time: 8:00 P.M.
      Cost: Free
      Phone: 1646379-4527 & 516487-6676
      Email: l.aronova@...
      Details: Come and join us for the largest singles event of the
      year!!!
      OHR NATAN in conjunction with Midrash Ben Ish Hai present a lecture
      by Rabbi Ya'aqob Menashe - shortcut to happiness.
      Also hot Chinese Buffet. Live music. Shadchanim will be present.

      Sunday, February 10
      Ages: 20-65
      Halacha and the Environment - Part 1
      Location: The Yavneh Minyan of Flatbush 1277 E. 14th Street, Brooklyn
      Time: 2:00 PM ¡V 5:00 PM
      Cost: free
      Email: education@...
      Details: The Yavneh Minyan of Flatbush
      Presents

      Halacha and the Environment
      "L'ovdah u L'shomrah"

      A two-part lecture, film and workshop program
      exploring Environmental and Conservation issues
      from a Jewish perspective

      ľ Learn about environmental challenges facing our world

      ľ Trace Biblical, Rabbinic and Halachic sources relating to
      conservation and respect for the Earth

      ľ Explore the Jewish concept of bal tashchit

      ľ View illuminating and educational films, including the
      Academy Award-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth

      ľ Learn about ecology-friendly and energy-saving products

      ľ Participate in workshops to learn how you can help

      ľ Light refreshments will be served on biodegradable dishes

      When: Where:
      Part 1. Sunday, February 10, 2008 The Yavneh Minyan of Flatbush
      2:00 PM ¡V 5:00 PM 1277 E. 14th Street, Brooklyn
      (at the Shulamith School)
      Part 2. Sunday, February 24, 2008
      2:00 PM ¡V 5:00 PM info:
      education@...

      Sunday, February 17
      Ages: 20's - 30's
      SHIDDUCH COUNSELORS JEWISH SINGLES EVENT!
      Reservation is required
      Location: 1517 Avenue H
      Time: 5:00 pm
      Cost: $20
      Phone: 845-371-2488
      Email: lschwartz8@...
      Website: http://www.shidduchcounselors.com
      Details: PROGRAM Features:
      *Guest Speaker
      *Kosher Gourmet Catering by Kehilah Kashrus of Flatbush
      *Live Music
      A forum discussing proper behavior and a positive attitude toward
      Jewish dating.
      Sign ¡V Up for this Event Immediately!!! Limited Space Available!
      Guaranteed space by phone/e-mail! RSVP immediately with payment!
      Cover Charge: Pre-Paid $20 by February 14 or $25 at the door. SNOW
      DATE: February 24, 2008 RSVP with Payment For Registration Required
      Either By PAYPAL or Direct Check! Paypal consists of either paying by
      credit card or bank to bank transfer! Contact Chana at
      lschwartz8@...
      845-371-2488
      http://www.shidduchcounselors.com

      Wednesday, February 20
      Ages: 20+
      Singles Night at the New York City Ballet
      Reservation is required
      Location: New York State Theater, bwtn W63rd St and Columbus Ave
      Time: 6pm
      Cost: $95
      Phone: 212-870-4200
      Email: kgiannelli@...
      Website: www.nycballet.com
      Details: Singles Night at the New York City Ballet!

      Meet over wine, see New York City's most dynamic ballet company and
      enjoy the music presented by a full orchestra. Share the experience
      with new friends at intermission!

      6pm wine/dinner singles reception
      7:30pm curtain of "American Songs and Dances"
      features 3 pieces: Thou Swell, Ives, Songs, and West Side Story Suite
      Coffee and Dessert during intermission

      email kgiannelli@... to reserve your spot!

      Sunday, March 16
      3rd Annual Purim Gala Mystery Masquerade
      Location: Canal Room - 285 West Broadway (at Canal Street), NYC
      Time: 6-9 PM
      Cost: $60 by March 13 / $75 adter March 13 or at the door
      Email: event@...
      Website: http://www.purimgala.org
      Details: *THE* Pre-Purim Event of the year - filled with friends,
      costumes, an open bar, a full meat dinner buffet all while raising
      money for a wonderful cause, Table to Table Israel.

      Please come dressed in your costume best!
      For those of you without your own costumes, festive accessories will
      be available at the door.

      Friday, March 7 to Saturday, March 8
      Ages: women-30s and 40s, men-40s and 50s; may be m
      West Hempstead Frum Singles Second Annual Shabbaton
      Reservation is required
      Location: West Hempstead (Long Island)
      Time: Attendees will be told after applications are received
      Cost: $100 before 2/22; $125 after 2/22
      Phone: 516-582-2190(Julie) 516-382-6639(Brian)
      Email: Shabbaton1@...
      Details: The West Hempstead Frum Singles is having its second annual
      Shabbaton. Gourmet catered meals, outstanding programs and
      entertainment are just part of the great weekend. One shidduch was
      made last year. Will you be next?

      **No one will be turned away based on financial situation. Please do
      not allow the cost to deter you.

      *Please contact us if you are able to sponsor this event. The money
      will go toward those who can not afford to pay for the Shabbaton. Be
      our partners in this great mitzvah of making shiduchim . It is worthy
      of your tzedaka.

      Friday, March 14 to Saturday, March 15
      For Ages 25 - 39 & Ages 40+
      Singles Shabbaton
      Location: Young Israel Ave J (1721 Ave J - Brooklyn, NY)
      Time: Friday - March 14, 2008 through Sat. eve March 15, 2008
      Cost: $125.00
      Phone: (646) 529-8748 (Daytime) (718) 575-
      Email: glazingproducts@...
      Details: Sharon Ganz & Friends Invite New York's Finest Singles for a
      Pre-Purim Singles Shabbaton
      March 14 & 15, 2008
      At: Young Israel Avenue J (1721 Avenue J - Brooklyn, NY)

      To include: 3 Shabbat meals, Home Hospitality, Oneg Shabbat, Singles
      Mixers, Group Discussions, & Sat. Eve Party

      (The Dining Room will be seperated by group ages)

      Early fee: $125 (until March 6, 2008)

      For info. Call Sharon (718) 575-3952
      the items directly above appeared at
      http://www.frumster.com/events.php

      the item directly below appeared at
      http://www.ou.org/ou/event_more/ou_kosher_is_coming3
      OU Kosher is Coming¡K
      Date:
      Speaker:
      Rabbi Dov Schreier
      OU Kosher Rabbinic Cordinator
      Food Service Specialist

      Topic:
      "Kosher Survival in a Non Kosher World: A Guide to Eating Out"
      Location:
      Rutgeres University Hillel
      93 College Avenue
      New Brunswick, NJ
      08901
      Contact:
      Rabbi Eliyahu Safran
      212-613-8115
      safrane@...
      safrane AT ou.org
      the item directly above appeared at
      http://www.ou.org/ou/event_more/ou_kosher_is_coming3

      The item directly below appeared at
      http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/125028
      And Out of Zion Shall Come Forth the Electric Car

      by Ezra HaLevi

      (IsraelNN.com) Israel will introduce electric cars and the
      infrastructure necessary to make them a viable alternative to oil-
      consuming vehicles within the next three years.
      The first cars, to be produced by Nissan and Renault, are projected
      to be on Israel's streets by 2009, with 100,000 by the next year and
      a complete switchover from oil within the decade.
      The initiative is aimed both at environmental friendliness and
      reducing the reliance on Arab oil.
      Shai Agassi, who heads the initiative and founded Project Better
      Place, says the goal is to show the world that it is possible to stop
      using oil in a manner that can be replicated. He says Israel is a
      good place for the initial pilot program since the distance a charged
      electric car can travel of 200 km (124 miles) is more than enough to
      travel anywhere in the Jewish state. Ninety percent of car owners
      drive less than 72 km a day and Israel's urban centers are all less
      than 160 km apart.
      Battery exchange stations will be deployed around the country, as
      well as charging stations at parking lots. Agassi says the plan will
      initially need 150,000 charging points, but estimates there will be
      about 500,000 such points around Israel eventually. He compares the
      deployment of the charging points to the cellular companies' erection
      of cell-phone towers to provide seamless coverage throughout the
      country.
      The program also calls for fueling plans to be purchased in a manner
      similar to cell-phone calling plans, with a certain price for
      unlimited charging and other plans for pre-paid battery-switches and
      the like.
      Through the battery-exchange program, Agassi hopes to keep the price
      of the cars down. The cost of replacing the expensive batteries has
      in the past been a deterrent factor to the adoption of electric cars.
      The Israeli government has agreed to pitch in, slashing taxes on
      electric vehicles drastically compared with standard ones.
      Agassi says officials in 15 other countries, including the UK,
      Denmark, and China, are interested in the project, eyeing the Israeli
      pilot program to gauge its success.
      Asked by Globes for his response to detractors who doubt the
      viability of the project, Agassi responded that he had already raised
      $200 million in capital for the project – making him quite
      the "magician" if the plan indeed lacks viability. "Enterprises like
      Israel Corp. and Morgan Stanley don't put in money without seeing a
      business plan, and this was one of the strongest business plans I've
      ever seen," he said.
      Commenting on the cars themselves: "There's already an operational
      prototype. I've driven it, and it goes from 0 to 100 km per hour in
      7.5 seconds. In other words, there's a product and it's one of the
      fastest cars on the road."
      the item directly above appeared at
      http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/125028

      the item directly below appeared at
      http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/89029
      Weizmann Produces Hydrogen Fuel Through Solar Technology

      (IsraelNN.com) (IsraelNN.com) Innovative solar technology that may
      offer a 'green' solution to the production of hydrogen fuel has been
      successfully tested on a large scale at the Weizmann Institute of
      Science in Rechovot. The technology also promises to facilitate the
      storage and transportation of hydrogen. The chemical process behind
      the technology was originally developed at Weizmann, and it has been
      scaled up in collaboration with European scientists.

      The process generates no pollution, and the resultant zinc can be
      easily stored and transported, and converted to hydrogen on demand.
      In addition, the zinc can be used directly, for example, in zinc-air
      batteries, which serve as efficient converters of chemical to
      electrical energy. Thus, the method offers a way of storing solar
      energy in chemical form and releasing it as needed. Results of the
      experiments will be reported in August at the 2005 Solar World
      Congress of the International Solar Energy Society (ISES) in Orlando,
      Florida.

      The new solar technology produces an easily storable intermediate
      energy source form from metal ore, such as zinc oxide. With the help
      of concentrated sunlight, the ore is heated to about 1,200°C in a
      solar reactor in the presence of wood charcoal. The process splits
      the ore, releasing oxygen and creating gaseous zinc, which is then
      condensed to a powder. Zinc powder can later be reacted with water,
      yielding hydrogen, to be used as fuel, and zinc oxide, which is
      recycled back to zinc in the solar plant. In recent experiments, the
      300-kilowatt installation produced 45 kilograms of zinc powder from
      zinc oxide in one hour, exceeding projected goals.
      the item directly above appeared at
      http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/89029
      If you had been thinking of voting for Mitt Romeny we urge you to
      first contact
      The Romney campaign at http://www.mittromney.com/ContactUs
      And demand that the Romney campaign cut its ties with Pat Buchanan's
      sister Bay Buchanan
      The item directly below appeared at:
      http://www.adl.org/PresRele/ASUS_12/3481_12.asp

      Press Release Anti-Semitism-USA

      ADL Disturbed at Pat Buchanan's Acceptance by the Mainstream
      New York, NY, October 1, 1999 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL)
      today called on political leaders to denounce Pat Buchanan's anti-
      Semitism and bigotry.
      Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, issued the following
      statement:
      We find it extremely disturbing that Pat Buchanan continues to find
      mainstream political acceptance when his views place him far outside
      of the mainstream. He promotes views that are decidedly racist, anti-
      Semitic, isolationist and nativist. He is an outspoken Holocaust
      revisionist. As an Israel basher he seeks to undermine America's
      longstanding ties to Israel, a strategic ally.
      Many of these views permeate his new book, which only turns up the
      volume of his extreme rhetoric and bizarre theories on Hitler and
      World War II. We have written letters to Sen. John McCain, Elizabeth
      Dole, Gary Bauer, Steve Forbes, George W. Bush, Alan Keyes and Orrin
      Hatch calling on them to denounce Pat Buchanan's anti-Semitism and
      bigotry. The League calls on leaders in the political mainstream to
      denounce Buchanan's views.
      The Anti-Defamation League, founded in 1913, is the world's leading
      organization fighting anti-Semitism through programs and services
      that counteract hatred, prejudice and bigotry

      http://www.adl.org/PresRele/ASUS_12/3481_12.asp
      Bay Buchanan Joins Romney For President
      Monday, Dec 31, 2007
      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      CONTACT: Kevin Madden (857) 288-6390
      Boston, MA – Today, Bay Buchanan announced that she is endorsing
      Governor Mitt Romney for President of the United States. Buchanan
      most recently headed Congressman Tom Tancredo's (R-CO) presidential
      campaign.

      "I am proud to be supporting Governor Romney. Throughout this
      campaign, he has distinguished himself as the one Republican
      presidential candidate who not only speaks to the challenges
      confronting the American people, but can also win. He will secure the
      border, strengthen the economy and ensure that America remains
      strong. I believe that with Governor Romney's vision, values and
      experience, our nation will be stronger for future generations," said
      Bay Buchanan.

      Welcoming Buchanan's support, Governor Romney said, "Throughout her
      career, Bay Buchanan has distinguished herself as a leading
      spokeswoman for our conservative values. It is an honor to have her
      as part of our campaign to build a stronger America."

      Background On Bay Buchanan:

      Bay Buchanan Has Had A Distinguished Career Advocating Conservative
      Causes. Under President Ronald Reagan, Buchanan served as Treasurer
      of the United States from 1981 to 1983. She has managed several
      presidential campaigns, including most recently, the campaign of
      Congressman Tom Tancredo. Buchanan has been a regular commentator on
      CNN. She currently serves as President of The American Cause.
      Monday, Dec 31, 2007
      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
[...]

      http://www.mittromney.com/News/Press-Releases/Endorsement_Buchanan#
      Bay watch - Pat Buchanan's sister, Angela 'Bay' Buchanan
      National Review, August 14, 1995 by Rich Lowry
      IN the early 1970s Angela ('Bay') Buchanan was working on a masters
      degree in math at McGill University in Montreal. The numerous
      American professors and graduate students, she suspected, were there
      partly because of the Vietnam draft. "So Pat does this article out of
      the Nixon White House on draft-dodgers," she recalls. "I just
      said, 'That's it! I'm going to get Fs!' I wrote him back: 'Could you
      calm down a little bit?"'
      He didn't, and hasn't since. Nor has Bay Buchanan ever stopped
      defending her brother in their joint political odyssey. It's no
      accident that while other candidates have media-savvy wunderkinds or
      grizzled Beltway insiders as top advisors, Buchanan has his sister.
      http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1282/is_n15_v47/ai_17161969
      Buchanan has consistently portrayed war criminals as
      patriotic Americans, innocent victims of revenge-obsessed Nazi
      hunters in Washington. Virtually everything the accused and their
      defenders have said he accepts as truth, and, in the words of one
      critic, he wages journalistic guerilla warfare on their behalf.
      Says
      Neal Sher, former director of the U.S. Justice Departments Office of
      Special Investigations: Buchanan went to bat for every Nazi war
      criminal in America. Liberty Lobby, the leading anti-Semitic and
      racist organization in America, overwhelmingly endorsed Pat Buchanan
      during the 1996 presidential primaries. An editorial in its
      publication, The Spotlight, pointed out that the 112 issues or
      legislative positions that Liberty Lobby has taken over the past 40
      years...shows that Pat Buchanan stands with us. The predominant
      issue
      they share is Holocaust revisionism, the spearhead of the
      international anti-Semitic movement. Buchanan used his syndicated
      column and his office as communications director in the Reagan White
      House from 1981-1987 to assist pro-Nazi Eastern European
      organizations
      in trying to block the denaturalization and deportation of Karl
      Linnas, John Demjanjuk, and at least seventeen others who had been
      charged by the U.S. Justice Departments Office of Special
      Investigations or had been convicted in federal courts of concealing
      war crimes in order to gain illegal entry into the U.S. The Karl
      Linnas Case In 1981 the Federal District Court in Westbury, NY
      stripped 67-year-old Karl Linnas of his citizenship for having lied
      immigration officials thirty years earlier about his Nazi past.
      Linnass crimes, the judge said, were such as to offend the decency
      of any civilized society. From 1941-43 Linnas had commanded a Nazi
      concentration camp at Tartu, Estonia, where he directed and
      personally
      took part in the murder of thousands of men, women, and children who
      were shot into anti-tank ditches. A 1986 federal appeals court upheld
      his deportation order, ruling that the evidence against the defendant
      was overwhelming and largely uncontroverted. Summarily rejecting
      the
      courts findings because evidence had been obtained from the Soviet
      Union, Buchanan orchestrated a national media effort to exonerate
      Linnas, demanding that his citizenship be reinstated. He championed
      the Linnas cause in his syndicated newspaper column and TV program
      Crossfire, and arranged for then U.S. Attorney General Edwin Meese
      III to meet with him and members of Eastern European organizations
      who
      hailed Linnas as a hero. On March 31, l987, Menachem Rosensaft,
      founder of the International Network of Children of Holocaust
      Survivors, wrote a New York Times Op-Ed piece calling for a
      congressional investigation to determine whether any American
      official
      or functionary had intervened on Mr. Linnass behalf. Buchanan
      responded by saying it was the Office of Special Investigations that
      needed to be investigated. Let us get it all out in the open, he
      wrote, nothing un-American can live in the sunlight. Attorney
      General Meese delayed the deportation of Linnas as long as possible,
      all the while searching for a haven. After sixteen countries had
      refused, Panama agreed to accept Linnas on humanitarian grounds.
      News of the decision prompted Rosensaft and others to intercede with
      Panamanian officials in Washington, who told them that their
      government had not been informed of Linnass wartime atrocities.
      Panama withdrew its offer and issued a statement saying that our
      country and our Government reject and condemn the crimes committed by
      fascists. On April 20, 1987, the U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear
      final appeal. At that point Meese was legally bound to comply with
      the
      deportation order. Linnas was flown to the Soviet Union and three
      months later died in a prison hospital while awaiting trial.
      http://uahc.org/rjmag/1096ca.html
      Please see also:
      Pat Buchanan's Venomous Crusade
      Page 1. An ADL Special Research Report Pat Buchanan's Venomous
      Crusade Anti-Defamation League 1991 Page 2. ...
      www.adl.org/special_reports/pb_archive/pb_1991rpt.pdf
      BACKGROUND REPORT Pat Buchanan's Unrelenting Defense
      of John Demjanjuk ANTI-DEFAMATION LEAGUE 1993 Page 2. ...
      www.adl.org/special_reports/pb_archive/pb_demjanjuk_1993.pdf

      If you had been thinking of voting for Mitt Romeny we urge you to
      first contact
      The Romney campaign at http://www.mittromney.com/ContactUs
      And demand that the Romney campaign cut its ties with Pat Buchanan's
      sister Bay Buchanan

      Neocons Once Again
      By Kenneth Jacobson
      Associate National Director, Anti-Defamation League

      Amid the explosion of anti-Semitism in the Middle East and Europe,
      America has not been immune. The most disturbing manifestation is the
      accusation that it is because of the Jews that America is at war in
      Iraq.

      This is an old canard. Charles Lindbergh and his America First
      movement before U.S. entry into World War II, claimed that it was the
      Jews alone that wanted the nation to fight the Nazis.

      During the days leading up to the Persian Gulf War in 1991, Pat
      Buchanan said only "Israel's amen corner" supported war against
      Saddam Hussein.

      And in the months leading up to the current conflict, a U.S.
      Congressman, later supported by a number of journalists and
      commentators, charged that a group of neo-conservative Jews, because
      of their interest in Israel, was driving America to war.

      Now, with questions and doubts rising about the war, the "blame the
      Jews" theme has resurfaced.

      Most significantly, Senator Ernest F. Hollings of South Carolina
      charged in a column that we invaded Iraq "to secure Israel," and
      added that a group led by "Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, and Charles
      Krauthammer" have believed "that the way to guarantee Israel's
      security is to spread democracy in the area."

      This is classic anti-Semitism. It attributes to a few Jews power
      beyond reason, in this case seeming to assign more power to Richard
      Perle, Elliot Abrams, and Paul Wolfowitz than to President George W.
      Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney and Colin Powell. It rests on the
      prejudice that longtime government officials who happen to be Jewish
      are more loyal to Israel than America. And it assumes that Jews,
      rather than functioning as individual Americans, automatically are
      engaged in conspiracy with other Jews.

      It is important to keep these characteristics in mind in evaluating
      whether a critique is anti-Semitic or not. Simply because an
      individual disagrees with an approach to foreign policy that is
      defined as neo-conservative in no way makes that critique anti-
      Semitic. Nor does mentioning the names of individuals who happen to
      be Jewish, as long as <br/><br/>(Message over 64 KB, truncated)
    • mr arbus
      Message 145 of 145 , May 18
        Jewish Singles And Other Events
        Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply
        to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls
        below will take you to
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael/

         Please state that you are Jewish, Single, 21 or over, when you apply to join the Jewish Singles Yahoo Groups at the websites the urls below will take you to
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ JewishSinglesinNJforIsrael/

            Be sure to check out the photo album at

        As you read this please remember that Israel is under attack as are the Jewish People
        all over the world. Please regularly go to

        http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/
        to find out what is happening.

        PLEASE CONTACT ROBERTA FOR INFORMATION ON HER NEXT JEWISH SINGLES 49 PLUS SUNDAY EVENT AT NOON ON SUNDAY MAY 21ST, 2017 C.E.  AT A RESTAURANT IN NEW JERSEY ROBERTA USUALLY HAS AN EVENT AT A RESTAURANT IN NEW JERSEY MOST MONTHS ON A SUNDAY AT NOON PLEASE CONTACT ROBERTA DIRECTLY

        Roberta Karstadt (908) 668-8450

          PLEASE EMAIL  DIRECTLY TO ROBERTA
        roger678@...

        roger678 AT optonline DOT net

        We do not know if Newt Gingrich will be moving to Rome. We hope that President Trump will name Newt as a Special Advisor to the President and that President Trump will take Newt’s advice as time goes on especially regarding Israel.

        Story image for callista from U.S. News & World Report
        U.S. News & World Report-21 hours ago
        Callista Louise Gingrich was born March 4, 1966, in Whitehall, Wisconsin, ... He divorced wife Marianne in 1999 and Callista and Newt were ...
        Callista Gingrich gets Vatican nod
        Rutland Herald-May 17, 2017
        Story image for callista from Slate Magazine (blog)
        SlateMagazine (blog)-May 16, 2017
        Callista Gingrich will be named the next American ambassador to the Vatican, according to multiple reports. The previous three Vatican ...
        Trump to Nominate Callista Gingrich as Vatican Ambassador
        Highly Cited-New York Times-May 14, 2017

        Story image for callista from Catholic Online
        Catholic Online-21 hours ago
        President Donald Trump has chosen Callista Gingrich, wife of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, to be the next U.S. Ambassador to the ...
        GetReligion (blog)-1 hour ago
        Actually, the fine details of that first marriage are, sort of, in the news – linked to the reports that this third wife, Callista Gingrich, is set to be
        As a long time advocate for Israel and the Jewish people I was
        thrilled to recognize that Newt Gingrich, the smartest person
        ever to run for President of the United States, and hopefully
        soon the smartest person ever to be President of the United States
        really gets it when it comes to Israel.
        No other candidate for the Presidency has ever said as wisely and as strongly as Newt did what Newt said when he talked about the invented so called palestinian people.
        the piece entitled:
        Newt Gingrich and the Invented Palestinian People
        by Daniel Pipes
        December 10, 2011
        Cross-posted from National Review Online
        is excellent I highly recommend it as a reference
        I feel that Newt is the only person who can beat Obama
        and happily for me, Newt is also the most pro-Israel person running for President.

        Israeli Jobless Drops to 30 Year Low
        Looking for work? Come to Israel. The jobless rate dropped to 5.4 percent in the
        last quarter, one of the lowest in the world.
        By Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu
        First Publish: 2/29/2012, 2:04 PM
        Looking for work? Come to Israel. The jobless rate dropped to 5.4 percent in the
        last quarter, one of the lowest in the world and the lowest in Israel since
        1980.
        By contrast, the unemployment rate in the United States is 8.5 percent and is
        estimated in reality to be as much as twice as high when taking into account
        that millions of people simply have given up looking for work. Statistics are
        based only on those actively looking for employment.
        The Israeli jobless rate for the previous quarter was 5.6 percent, compared with
        6.6 percent for the year 2010, according to the Central Bureau of Statistics.
        Geographically, the lowest unemployment rate for large cities was recorded in
        Tel Aviv, where the rate dropped to 4.4 percent from 5.7 percent in 2010.
        High-tech employees made up slightly more than 10 percent of the civilian work
        force. Expansion of American-based firms Israeli operations has opened up
        hundreds of job opportunities, led by Intel. Microsoft and Google also have
        invested heavily in new tech centers in Israel.
        Demand for engineers is expected to grow as Israel engages in the multi-billion
        dollar project to pipe natural gas from giant energy fields discovered west of
        the Haifa coast the past two years.
        Clean tech is another growth area, Bank of Israel Governor Stanley Fischer told
        the National Green Growth Conference Tuesday.
        He said that Israel has a comparative advantage in clean tech, which includes
        recycling, wind and solar power, biofuels, information technology and green
        transportation.

        Fischer explained, We accumulated experience in these areas even before the
        global green growth movement began, and I have the impression that we have lost
        the lead in these areas. We must attempt to come back and lead this industry,
        which can serve as a growth engine for the economy and vary the export sectors.
        Obviously, we must also invest efforts in improving the quality of the
        environment in Israel – we did it successfully in the past, for example in
        connection with educating the public to avoid picking wild flowers, and we can
        do it again in the future. And the future begins today.

        Obama and the Muslim BrotherhoodPublished: Monday, February 27, 2012 7:45 AM
        The alliance between the Obama administration and the Muslim Brotherhood is the
        cornerstone of Obamas New Middle East policy. His friendship with Erdogan is
        part of this policy.

        Ted Belman
        The author is a retired attorney and the editor of Israpundit. In 2009 he made
        aliya and is now living in Jerusalem.
        Dr. Essam Abdallah, an Egyptian liberal intellectual, in an article published
        last October in the leading liberal pan Arab Elaph, refers to certain reports
        coming out of Washington:
        These reports reveal the depth of the below-the-surface coordination between
        the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), Hamas, Hezbollah, the Iranian
        regime and the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, Syria, Tunisia, Libya and Jordan.
        This bloc of regimes and organizations is now becoming the greatest Islamist
        radical lobby ever to penetrate and infiltrate the White House, Congress, the
        State Department and the main decision making centers of the US government. All
        of this is happening at a time when the US government is going through its most
        strategically dangerous period in modern times because of its need to confront
        the Iranian Mullahs regime, which is expanding in the Middle East, as well as
        penetrating the United States, via powerful and influential allies.
        the popular revolts in the Arab world – and the Obama Administrations position
        towards them – were determined by political battles between various pressure
        groups in Washington.

        He followed up with another article in which he asks,