although NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS is not affiliated with SFABC we find SF

  • mangonepapaya
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 6:41 AM
      although NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS is not affiliated
      with SFABC we find SFABC to be a very interesting group.
      We have noticed mostly male attendees at is many events with quite a few of
      those mostly male attendees just happening to be single Jewish men across a
      broad age spectrum.
      Even though SFABC itself is not by any means an exclusively Jewish
      organization, Mr. DeParto is not Jewish himself, but Jewish science fiction
      fans are welcome there as are all other science fiction fans.
      Single Jewish women take note: you will be noticed there!!!
      There is very little competition there for the many available Jewish single
      men who attend the group’s frequent events.
      sfabc THE SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATION OF BERGEN
      COUNTY, NEW JERSEY

      check out this great resource:
      THE SCIENCE FICTION ASSOCIATION OF BERGEN COUNTY,
      NEW JERSEY
      E-Mail Contact: James E La Barre

      sfabc@... (primary address)
      http://users.bestweb.net/~jamesl/SFABC.html
      For additional information, updates, contact Phil DeParto:

      By Voice: (201) 447-3652
      By snail-mail:

      SFABC c/o Phil DeParto
      136 Manhattan Avenue
      Waldwick, NJ 07463
      USA
      although NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS is not affiliated
      with SFABC we find SFABC to be a very interesting group mostly male in
      attendance with quite a few single Jewish men attending its events-single
      Jewish women take note: you will be noticed there!!!
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS
      Wants you! We plan to get together at restaurants and to go to movies. All of
      the restaurants we want to go to will be non-smoking restaurants in New
      Jersey. All of the movies we want to see will be Science Fiction movies. We
      will see them in movie theaters and if people are kind enough, on people’s
      home VCRs, or DVD players, for the technologically advanced among us.
      We will NEVER charge money for any of our events. Everything will be
      strictly Dutch Treat. Buy your own movie tickets. Buy your own meals at
      Restaurants. Hopefully a typical event would involve going to a Science
      Fiction Movie and then to a Restaurant to discuss the movie we just saw. We
      also hope to go individually or as a group to any other worthwhile events
      people may know of in New Jersey. Home base is the Essex County / Morris
      County area to start with. If we go to someone’s home, bring your own
      potluck yummies to munch on. No money changes hands. Please do post
      your ideas for club events. Email attachments are not permitted Please feel
      free to discuss science fiction books and stories you have read, or written,
      your favorite authors, favorite science fiction movies or TV shows, etc. in
      person and via email or at the web site Please do come to events. Escape
      From Your Computer! All of our events will be both Smoke-Free and
      Feline-Free for the cat allergy victims amongst us. So if you let us use your
      home for an event make sure it is both Smoke-Free and Feline Free. No
      drugs or booze will be allowed at any of our club events. Why should you
      join an organization that would have someone like you as a member? Well,
      half of success in life is just showing up on time. Show up here at the web
      site, or via email, and especially, in person, in real life, at our events, and
      find out.. This club is for everyone 21 or older. Younger fans should find
      another club.
      For more information:
      CTION_FANS/
      Post message:
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS@yahoogroups.c
      om
      Subscribe: NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS-
      subscribe@yahoogroups.com