2 NJ JEWISH SINGLES PARTIES Saturday Night NOVEMBER 8TH AND Sunday at Noon on

  • mangonepapaya
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2003
      2 NJ JEWISH SINGLES PARTIES Saturday Night NOVEMBER 8TH AND Sunday
      at Noon on NOVEMBER 9TH
      Please note that our group is neither
      a Reform, nor a
      Conservative, nor an Orthodox group,
      it is simply a Jewish Singles
      group. We provide the information as
      garnered from the restaurants
      we go to, concerning the Kashrut, or
      lack of same, at each restaurant.
      We are not affiliated with any of the
      restaurants. Just be Jewish,
      single, 21-59 to come to our events.
      You can be Reform or
      Conservative or
      Orthodox, etc.

      Jewish Singles Parties in New Jersey
      Party number One 7:30 P.M.SATURDAY Night NOVEMBER 8TH
      2003 c.e.
      at 7:30 P.M. sharp! At Manhattan Kosher
      Restaurant which is
      located at 26B Chestnut Ridge Road,
      Montvale, New Jersey
      telephone number: (201)307-8707 in the Chestnut Ridge Shopping Center.
      Please be Jewish, single, 21-59. As
      always we never charge
      a fee for our events. Just pay for
      what you order plus tax and tip.
      Just ask the waiters or waitresses
      where the singles table(s)
      are/is This is a small restaurant
      but be prepared to have a big meal if
      you are hungry. This is a
      non-smoking restaurant. Please honor
      our age requirements. IF YOU ARE
      OVER 59 OR UNDER 21 PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THANKS Take the Garden State
      Parkway North to Exit 172 make a left at the light at the exit then
      make
      a left at the next light onto Chestnut Ridge Road
      then go about half a mile then make a right into the Chestnut Ridge
      Shopping Center on your right. IF YOU GET LOST PLEASE CALL THE
      RESTAURANT at (201)307-8707 Although this restaurant is called
      Manhattan restaurant it is definitely in New Jersey, not in New York.
      (This is a Kosher restaurant under Orthodox supervision of ordained
      Yeshiva Torah V'daath Beth Medrash Elyon, Monsey, Rabbi Israel
      Steinberg (718) 232-4275 1823 53rd Street Brooklyn, NY, 11204 whose
      Kosher certificates along with those from the State of New Jersey hang
      in the restaurant window. Please note that our group is neither a
      Reform, nor a Conservative, nor an Orthodox group, it is simply a
      Jewish Singles group. We provide the information as garnered from the
      restaurants we go to, concerning the Kashrut, or lack of same, at each
      restaurant. We are not affiliated with any of the restaurants.)
      This is a Kosher Jewish restaurant serving traditional Jewish American
      food. Although it is NOT a vegetarian restaurant vegetable cutlets,
      Kasha Varnishkes, salads, Kasha knishes, spinach and broccoli
      knishes, a small salad bar, desserts, etc. are available for those
      who happen to be vegetarian. Please honor our age requirements. IF
      YOU ARE OVER 59 OR UNDER 21
      PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THANKS- We're really serious about our age range
      ! Absolutely! Positively! Reservations are NOT required. Please save
      the dates! SATURDAY NOVEMBER 8TH, 2003. At 7:30 P.M.

      NJ JEWISH SINGLES LUNCH PARTY SUNDAY
      November 9th AT NOON SHARP
      At Jerusalem Restaurant (this is a cafeteria) The restaurant
      describes itself as serving "Contemporary Vegetarian Cuisine",
      although non-vegetarians also have a selection of fish dishes to
      choose from. The restaurant is Shomer Shabbos and the original was
      established in 1974. It is under the supervision of Orthodox Rabbis
      of
      Metro West. As noted above, our group is neither a Reform, nor a
      Conservative, nor an Orthodox group, it is simply a Jewish Singles
      group. We provide the information as garnered from the restaurants we
      go to, concerning the Kashrut, or lack of same, at each restaurant.
      We are not affiliated with any of the restaurants. Jerusalem
      Restaurant is located at 99 West Mount Pleasant Avenue (also known
      as Route 10) in Livingston NJ, The telephone number of the restaurant,
      in case you get lost is 973 533-1424. The menu includes Vegetarian
      Falafel, Chumus, Dairy, Pizza,salads,pasta,kugels, knishes,
      latkes,
      pierogies, quiches,vegetarian (soy) stuffed pepper, stuffed cabbage,
      vegetarian meatballs,vegetarian chili, vegetarian cholent, soups,
      sandwiches, on pitas, bagels, cream cheese, lox, etc. Again, this is
      a cafeteria, pay only for what you order plus tax. We will be there
      SUNDAY November 9th AT NOON SHARP
      Directions to Jerusalem Restaurant
      (cafeteria) are as follows: From the Garden State Parkway North or
      South,
      take Exit 145 to Route 280 WEST to Exit 5A Livingston South, go a
      little over
      a mile to the 2nd light. Make a right at the 2nd light onto Mount
      Pleasant Avenue (also known as Route 10) go almost 3 tenths of a
      mile, the restaurant is located just past the VFW, make a left into
      the Jerusalem Restaurant parking lot. Go into the cafeteria, get your
      food, and find us at one or more of the tables in the cafeteria
      SUNDAY November 9th AT NOON SHARP
      !
      Note if you are coming from the WEST
      take Route 280 EAST to Exit 5A Livingston South and follow the
      directions above. If you are taking Route 287 North or South take
      Route 287 to Route 80 East then take Route 280 Eastbound to Exit 5A
      Livingston South and follow the directions above. This is your chance
      to get away from your computer! To come out to
      the real world! the restaurant is moderately priced and the food is
      good. We hope to see you there. Reservations are NOT required. You do
      not have to be a member in order to attend. Should you decide to
      become a member remember that membership is free! We are really
      strict
      about our age limits. If you are under 21 or over 59 please do not
      attend our events. Thank You. p.s. a special request to help make our
      events even more successful! Please invite every Jewish single friend
      you have who is between 21 and 59 by forwarding this to them Thanks
      very much. This is your chance to get away from your computer! To come
      out to
      the real world!
      the restaurant is moderately priced and the food is good. We hope to
      see you there. Reservations are NOT required. You do not have to be a
      member in order to attend. Should you decide to become a member
      remember that membership is free! We are really strict about our age
      limits. If you are under 21 or over 59 please do not attend our
      events. Thank You. p.s. a special request to help make our events even
      more successful! Please invite every Jewish single friend you have who
      is between 21 and 59 by forwarding this to them Thanks very much.
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      NJ JEWISH SINGLES NETWORK seeks to bring Jewish Singles who are over
      21 and under 60 in New Jersey together via the net and in real life.
      We hope that members will share information about themselves and about
      events that are coming up. If anyone wishes to have a house party, a
      movies and dinner group, or other activity let us share that
      information too.
      Let us all get together on the net and in real life. Please pass
      along this information to everyone you know thanks
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59
      Subscribe:
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME FOR INFORMATION REGARDING THE GROUP OR THE
      EVENT INSTEAD PLEASE POST YOUR QUERIES AT THE GROUP THANKS Please
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59@yahoogroups.com
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      IF YOU ARE OVER 59 OR UNDER 21 PLEASE DO
      NOT ATTEND THANKS. This is a non-smoking restaurant! Just ask the
      waitresses or
      waiters for the singles table(s).

      Introduction Time
      just post your introduction to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59/
      Post message: NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe:
      NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-subscribe@yahoogroups.com For those
      Jewish singles from anywhere, both inside New Jersey and outside New
      Jersey, I also happen to moderate another fine group:
      message: jewishmatch@yahoogroups.com Subscribe:
      jewishmatch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com If You Are Single, Jewish, over
      21, in search of someone else who is too, you have come to the Right
      Place.
      Please be polite. Let's all introduce ourselves when we join and from
      time to time as new members keep joining. Please be polite and
      discreet. If you do meet one another in real life public places like
      book store cafes are highly recommended. We hope that you will agree
      that you have come to the Right Place for Jewish Singles from
      everywhere to meet.
      While many of us have names that are
      recognizably Jewish, others
      do not. If you are Jewish, and do not
      have a recognizably Jewish
      name, please let us know in your
      introduction that you are Jewish,
      as our group is designed to bring Jews
      together with other Jews,
      and not with non-Jews. Where there is
      a lack of certainty
      on our part as to whether or not the
      poster is Jewish, introductions
      that
      do not bear recognizably Jewish names,
      and do not state in the
      introductions that the poster is
      Jewish, are deleted, rather than
      posted. We do not want to delete introductions from Jews, so please
      state that you are Jewish in your introduction so that we may post it
      rather than delete it. Thank You.
      p.s. We realize that there are exceptions in terms of recognizably
      Jewish names sometimes belonging to non-Jews, as for instance in the
      prominent case of former Clinton Defense Secretary William Cohen,
      whose father was Jewish, but whose mother was not Jewish, as he
      approached his 13th birthday he was asked by his Rabbi to convert to
      Judaism so that he could have his Bar Mitzvah, incensed, Cohen
      converted to the faith of his mother rather than have his Bar Mitzvah.
      Judaism has traditionally been matrilineal in terms of descent as so
      many Jewish women have been raped by non-Jews over the course of
      history. Today there is also a movement afoot to recognize patrilineal
      descent, largely because there is so much inter-marriage between Jews
      and non-Jews.
      Our group was founded largely in an attempt to do our part to help to
      make it possible for Jews to form relationships with Jews, some of
      which, hopefully, would lead to marriages between Jews, and to
      children resulting from those marriages being raised as Jews, as few
      children who are the result of marriages between Jews and non-Jews end
      up being raised as Jews, former Defense Secretary Cohen being one such
      example of the results of such intermarriage resulting in a child
      being raised as a non-Jew.
    • mangonepapaya