New joker selling IN-18 tubes on Ebay?

  • bdrnkv
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 21, 2009
      Hi All,

      Just a warning to you, as it looks suspicios for me, that Ebay user "sisimbr" from Portugal, who was selling laptop batteries only, is selling IN-18 tubes from Ukraine every day, his last feedback has been left on 17 of August and there no any feedback left for IN-18 tubes yet...

      My applogies to this guy, if I am wrong, but you know we had several cases...

      Best regards, Konstantin.
      www.kosbo.com
    • Joseph Divito
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 6, 2009
        [edited by A.J. - please trim quoted material]
        -----
        From: NEONIXIE-L@yahoogroups.com On Behalf Of yellow74ghia

        <snip>
        I decided to file an "Item not received" claim before it was too late. To my surprise I received a full refund including shipping within a few hours!
        <snip>

        Perhaps I was too hasty and blew my chance at some cheap IN-18, but I'd rather have the cash and not spend my nights worrying about whether the tubes will ever arrive.
        -----

        I once bought 18 ZM1040 tubes from some joker on eBay named tarcasound. The
        tubes mysteriously all got smashed at the post office, and if I would be
        willing to wait, he'd ship out some replacements from a source he found in
        Argentina. He had good feedback, yet I never saw either tubes or a refund.
        I got my money back through filing a claim with eBay.

        The moral of the story is don't fall for the "it got held up at the post
        office" scam. You did the right thing by not playing games and going
        straight for the refund at the first sign of trouble.

        Joe