WSO Mother's Day Peace Party AND An Action Item

  • Immigrant Support Network
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2009

      =======================

      ACTION

      Dear Friends:

      I signed the letter to President Obama and Attorney General Holder prepared by Project SALAM (Support And Legal Advocacy for Muslims) objecting to the illegal tactics used by the Bush Administration to entrap innocent Muslims, and calling for a reveiw of these cases including a number of specific cases.

      A third letter to President Obama and Attorney General Holder is posted on the web site of Project SALAM, (www.projectsalam.org), calling to their attention serious violations of our treaty obligations under the Bush Administration, including "enforced disappearances", "secret renditions", torture, the lack of accountability, solitary confinement and other potential war crimes, which remain unaddressed by the Obama Administration.

      Please go to the letter directly and sign it here:

      http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/projectsalam_letter_03/

      We hope that you will go to our web site and sign this third letter in order to remind the Obama Administration that when we voted for change it was to promptly restore the rule of law and transparency to a Justice Department that had been mired in secrecy which covered up blatantly illegal behavior.

      Please ask your friends join us in seeking justice and sign the letter also.

      We will continue to send letters to the Obama Administration on behalf of those innocent people, primarily Muslim, who have been illegally incarcerated, until justice has finally been done.

      Please join us in this effort.

      Steve Downs