Final Phase of The Ramadan Campaign for Dr. Aafia Siddiqui

  • don bryant
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 5:22 PM
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: <Peacethrujustice@...>
      Date: Aug 1, 2013 7:04 PM
      Subject: Final Phase of The Ramadan Campaign for Dr. Aafia Siddiqui
      To: <Peacethrujustice@...>

      THE PEACE THRU JUSTICE FOUNDATION

      RAMADAN 1434 A.H.
      (August 1, 2013)

      The Ramadan Campaign for Dr. Aafia Siddiqui
      The Final Phase

      Assalaamu Alaikum (Greetings of Peace):

      The Ramadan campaign for Dr. Aafia Siddiqui has taken on greater significance as a result of multiple media reports regarding the possibility of a prisoner swap between the U.S. and Pakistan.

      We humbly request that in the final phase of this Ramadan Campaign for Aafia, supporters call, fax and/or e-mail each of the offices listed below and politely but firmly request that: (a) the Pakistani government do more to secure the release of its citizen; (b) that the leaders of the other offices and organizations issue a public statement calling for the unconditional repatriation of this Muslim political prisoner (i.e. her release from U.S. custody and return back home to Pakistan) as soon as humanly possible.

      1). Mohammad Aqil Nadeem (Consul General)
      Consulate of Pakistan-Houston, TX
      Telephone: 281-890-2223
      Fax: 281-890-1433
      Email:
      parephouston@...

      2). Ambassador: Dr. Asad Majeed Khan
      Embassy of Pakistan, Washington D.C
      Telephone 202-243-6500
      Fax: 202-686-1534
      Email:
      info@...

      3). Congressman Keith Ellison - Office: (202) 225-4755
      Foreign Affairs Staffer, Stephen Lassiter; Email: stephen.lassiter@...

      4). Congressman Andre Carson - Office: (202) 225-4011
      Foreign Affairs Staffer, Nathan Bennett, Fax: (202) 225-5633
      (the staffer who responded to my queries at Rep Carson's office said they do not give out e-mails. If, however, you are unable to send a fax, this e-mail address may work: nathan.bennett@...)

      5). Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee - Office: (202) 225-3816
      Foreign Affairs Staffer, Gregory Berry; E-mail: gregory.berry@...

      *** And please call the offices of the national Muslim advocacy organizations – CAIR, ICNA, ISNA, MAS, MPAC, and MSA-National, to request that they also make a long overdue public statement on the unjust (and oppressive) imprisonment of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui.

      Again, our deepest appreciation goes out to ALL who respond to this time-sensitive human rights appeal! Should you have any questions on what's being requested of you, please feel free to contact me at (202) 246-9608 or via e-mail: peacethrujustice@... .

      In the struggle for peace thru justice,

      Mauri' Saalakhan
      Ramadan 1434 A.H (August 1, 2013)

      A Message of Support from Imam Zaid Shakir

      ... A few weeks ago, a friend of mine, who has been working very hard on the Aafia Siddiqui case, asked me to make du'a for her. That is the very least any of us can do, he emphatically pleaded. Now that there is movement towards her possible repatriation to Pakistan, please pray for her. Her family has been destroyed, her life devastated and her honor rent asunder as a result of her illegal abduction, her detention under false pretenses, her brutal torture, her Stalinesque show trial, and her subsequent detention under inhumane conditions....

      Here's the link to Imam Zaid's page: https://www.facebook.com/imamzaidshakir
      Just scroll down a bit and you'll see the post.  Masha'Allah, great response.