Risking Arrest in D.C. Mayor's Office! Driver's Licences for Eligible Dreamers

  • don bryant
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2013

      Today the Mayor of D.C., Vincent Gray, is turning his back on undocumented immigrants.

      At 1:00 p.m. Mayor Gray is scheduled to announce the introduction of a driver's license bill for undocumented immigrants with one catch, the licenses will be clearly labeled "illegal immigrant."

      Call Mayor Gray: No to Illegal Licenses!

      In response to the Mayor's move, today, several undocumented immigrants will be risking arrest in the Mayor's office hoping to persuade him to change his mind. If this driver's license bill were to become law, it would set the standard for possible bills all across the nation and that's not something we should tolerate.

      Take Action: "Mayor Gray: Don't Racially Profile Our Immigrants!"

      Call the Mayor's office @ 202-727-6101 or 202-741-0922 or 202-727-6300

      "Hi, I was calling to ask that Mayor Gray to stop the illegal license bill. Undocumented immigrants living in the District will be racially profiled with his marked license plan. Why is the Mayor setting a bad example for the rest of the nation? I urge Mayor Gray to reconsider his proposal on the illegal licenses."

      Last month Lizbeth's uncle was racially profiled by police and turned over to ICE; a marked license would just make it easier for police, ICE, employers or really anyone to racially profile undocumented immigrants. If Mayor Gray is really an ally then why is he turning his back on our community?

      Call Mayor Gray: "One City; One License!"

      It's really important that we put a stop to this now; if D.C. were to legalize profiling undocumented immigrants then there is no stopping this trend. Several other states are already looking at introducing driver's license bills and we need to make sure they know we won't stand for racial profiling from anyone.

      Thank you,

      Prerna Lal
      DreamActivist D.C.

      P.S. After you call be sure to leave a message on the Mayor's facebook page: Mayor Gray; your driver's license bill would legitimize the racial profiling of undocumented immigrants. One city = One license!

      Make sure you receive dreamactivist.org email updates. Add advocacy@... to your approved senders list.

      This email was sent to: don@....
      Click here to unsubscribe from email sent by dreamactivist.org © 2012 dreamactivist.org
      Design by Plus Three | Powered by ARCOS