"Race, Privilege, and Global Peace Work" 3pm, Sunday at First Church Meeting House

  • Don Bryant
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2013
      Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by CREDO Mobile.

      From: Free Gaza Coalition <ohio4palestine@...>
      Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 18:39:26 +0000
      To: don bryant<email.donbryant@...>
      Subject: "Race, Privilege, and Global Peace Work" 3pm, Sunday at First Church Meeting House

      First Church in Oberlin106 North Main StreetOberlin, OH 44074

      Here's a forwarded message from John Bergen:

      On Sunday, March 3rd, at 3pm, in the First Church Meeting House, Chris Knestrick will give a presentation entitled "Race, Privilege, and Global Peace Work." Chris worked for Christian Peacemaker Teams, an organization that works to support communities struggling nonviolently against imperialism and colonialism today, whether in Palestine, Colombia, Iraq, the US-Mexico border, or indigenous nations in Canada.
      Christian Peacemaker Teams works to confront issues of privilege, and is a fantastic example of a group that incorporates critical reflection on the privilege of its members (especially as, primarily, documented American citizens) while supporting others in their work. Come talk with Chris and learn about nonviolent struggle in Colombia.

      --
      Oberlin Students for a Free Palestine
      www.oberlin.edu/stuorg/sfp/