STATEWIDE CONVERSATION ON IMMIGRATION ISSUES, SAT, DEC 4, COLUMBUS

  • don bryant
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2010
      This is a reminder that we will be meeting this Saturday - December 4, 2010 in Columbus, Ohio. There is much happening statewide and nationally with immigration issues and it is important to be a part of this meeting.

      Location: 399 E. Main Street - 2nd Floor - Columbus, Ohio 43215
                     Parking is available in parking lot
      Time:      10:00 am - 2:00 PM - We hope to end earlier!

      Agenda:
      i -     Introductions
      ii -    Update on Bernard Pastor case
      iii -   Brief update on national immigration reform and DREAM efforts
      iv -   Update on Ohio immigration issues - Upcoming anti-immigration legislation and SB
             1070 copycat bill.
      v -   Moving ahead as a statewide coalition - Scenario Planning
            - How can we get ahead of the anti-immigration legislation?
            - What is our strategy?
            - What is the best system to move forward? Do we need a centralized organization?
            - Preliminary time line and action planning.
      vi -  Set up conference call schedule
      vii - Close

      EMAIL DON IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND