proposal opportunity

  • juergen_nussbaumer_2000
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2007
      This amendment establishes a new program element in AppendixC.24
      entitled "Near Earth Object (NEO) Observations." This new program
      element solicits proposals that promise a sustained, productive
      search for NEOs and/or obtain follow-up observations of sufficient
      astrometric precision to allow the accurate prediction of the orbits
      of discovered objects. NASA will also consider within this program
      proposals that characterize these objects by measuring their sizes,
      shapes, and compositions. Notices of Intent to propose are due June
      27, 2007, and proposals are due August 8, 2007.

      On or about May 3, 2007, this Amendment to the NASA Research
      Announcement "Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences
      (ROSES) 2007" (NNH07ZDA001N) will be posted on the NASA research
      opportunity homepage at http://nspires.nasaprs.com/ (select
      "Solicitations" then "Open Solicitations" then "NNH07ZDA001N").

      Further information about this program element is available from Mr.
      Lindley N. Johnson, Planetary Science Division, Science Mission
      Directorate, NASA, Washington, DC 20546-0001; Telephone: (202)
      358-2314; E-mail: Lindley.Johnson-1@...
    • ueli24
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2007
        Juergen,

        Did you have in mind, that we as the NEAmines group might put in a
        proposal for this call on NEO-objects? I don't see that happening, as
        we don't really have the logistics and skills lined up to do that. Or
        did you think we should try to keep track of what will be happening
        here? There I would agree!

        Ueli

        --- In NEAmines@yahoogroups.com, "juergen_nussbaumer_2000"

        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2007
          Hi Ueli,

          if you have an account in the nspires system, you may also
          read proposal abstracts from other researchers. In fact its also
          possible to submit a proposal, and you have to be associated to a
          institute (that would be ISSI in Bern for example). It is not to
          difficult to be succesful with a nspires proposal, I know somebody who
          was successful)

          regards
          Juergen

          --- In NEAmines@yahoogroups.com, "ueli24" <ueli24@...> wrote:

          > Juergen,
          >
          > Did you have in mind, that we as the NEAmines group might put in a
          > proposal for this call on NEO-objects? I don't see that happening, as
          > we don't really have the logistics and skills lined up to do that. Or
          > did you think we should try to keep track of what will be happening
          > here? There I would agree!
          >
          > Ueli
          >
          > --- In NEAmines@yahoogroups.com, "juergen_nussbaumer_2000"
          > <juergen_nussbaumer_2000@> wrote:
          > >
          > > This amendment establishes a new program element in AppendixC.24
          > > entitled "Near Earth Object (NEO) Observations." This new program
          > > element solicits proposals that promise a sustained, productive
          > > search for NEOs and/or obtain follow-up observations of sufficient
          > > astrometric precision to allow the accurate prediction of the orbits
          > > of discovered objects. NASA will also consider within this program
          > > proposals that characterize these objects by measuring their sizes,
          > > shapes, and compositions. Notices of Intent to propose are due June
          > > 27, 2007, and proposals are due August 8, 2007.
          > >
          > > On or about May 3, 2007, this Amendment to the NASA Research
          > > Announcement "Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences
          > > (ROSES) 2007" (NNH07ZDA001N) will be posted on the NASA research
          > > opportunity homepage at http://nspires.nasaprs.com/ (select
          > > "Solicitations" then "Open Solicitations" then "NNH07ZDA001N").
          > >
          > > Further information about this program element is available from Mr.
          > > Lindley N. Johnson, Planetary Science Division, Science Mission
          > > Directorate, NASA, Washington, DC 20546-0001; Telephone: (202)
          > > 358-2314; E-mail: Lindley.Johnson-1@

        • Debi-Lee Wilkinson
          Message 4 of 4 , May 28, 2007
            I printed the solicitation. The transit of Mercury last year gave me an
            idea. I found some images with the new sun satellite. I started a
            drafting a proposal based on it. That work is still trapped on my dead
            laptop's hard drive. Hopefully I can get it back. Not sure if I will
            follow through on it, we'll see how things go.

            On Fri, 4 May 2007, ueli24 wrote:

            > Juergen,
            >
            > Did you have in mind, that we as the NEAmines group might put in a
            > proposal for this call on NEO-objects? I don't see that happening, as
            > we don't really have the logistics and skills lined up to do that. Or
            > did you think we should try to keep track of what will be happening
            > here? There I would agree!
            >
            > Ueli
            >
            > --- In NEAmines@yahoogroups.com, "juergen_nussbaumer_2000"
            > <juergen_nussbaumer_2000@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > This amendment establishes a new program element in AppendixC.24
            > > entitled "Near Earth Object (NEO) Observations." This new program
            > > element solicits proposals that promise a sustained, productive
            > > search for NEOs and/or obtain follow-up observations of sufficient
            > > astrometric precision to allow the accurate prediction of the orbits
            > > of discovered objects. NASA will also consider within this program
            > > proposals that characterize these objects by measuring their sizes,
            > > shapes, and compositions. Notices of Intent to propose are due June
            > > 27, 2007, and proposals are due August 8, 2007.
            > >
            > > On or about May 3, 2007, this Amendment to the NASA Research
            > > Announcement "Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences
            > > (ROSES) 2007" (NNH07ZDA001N) will be posted on the NASA research
            > > opportunity homepage at http://nspires.nasaprs.com/ (select
            > > "Solicitations" then "Open Solicitations" then "NNH07ZDA001N").
            > >
            > > Further information about this program element is available from Mr.
            > > Lindley N. Johnson, Planetary Science Division, Science Mission
            > > Directorate, NASA, Washington, DC 20546-0001; Telephone: (202)
            > > 358-2314; E-mail: Lindley.Johnson-1@...
            > >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Debi-Lee Wilkinson
            Geophysical Institute