Monday, March 4, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2002

      The Nondual Highlights

      outstanding posts sent to the Nonduality Salon email list

      Monday, March 4, 2002

      The 993nd Edition
      Search all Editions of the Nondual Highlights:

      Editors: Jerry Katz, Gloria Lee, Christiana Duranczyk

      Today's Highlights Edited by

      Gloria Lee

      Until you can offer evidence you cannot claim any definition of
      these mysteries is any more valid than any one else's claims.

      Hehe, I was wondering when things would get around to this: the root
      in one's own neediness.

      Here's another twist:

      I have found that I am compelled to help others, in fact, there seems
      to be this magnetic FORCE that draws needy people to me. Is it helper
      pheromones? I don't know. Walk down the street, and every person
      needing a 'cup of coffee' (or name your beverage) or a few quarters
      for the bus or food for their kids or directions or conversation or
      attention or an outlet or a whipping board appears in my path. Even
      if I am in a group of people, these people come directly for me.

      There are all kinds of need around me. So many ways of manifesting.

      I have learned to recognize 'natural need' (which I may oblige)
      and 'toxic need' (which I do not)... and to put my own needs first.

      This is an odd twist on compassion, eh?
      This is great wisdom, whether applied to "one's own" needs or the needs of "others'"!
      GLORIA LEE sends