Monday February 18, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2002

      just do watcha do ..."

      >   (and don't even think
      about
      >    "don't do whatcha don't,
      whatcha
      >    don't, whatcha don't" ...
      too
      >    profound, don't even go there ...)

      J: Best translation of ancient pith yet! Im now thanking you for most
      recent "WOW"! moment inspired by Dan-post. I saved post thinking to
      dip toe in that post yet again for another hit but alas-it's moved on
      with the river and I can't even refer to it as number such and such.
      But post was catalyst for full WOW with body disappearing
      spontaneously into huge tingling SMILE.  Wool gathering with
      apperception-hmm, WOW! all WOW moments are different as well as less
      than WOW moments.  But whose measuring? Some mental flap re: I sure
      hope its as good for him as it is for me. Or, I sure hope the space in
      which Dan finds his heaven is as good and on fire as the heaven
      discovered when merely reading Dan's words.

      Working on Neti, Neti which has become Not-Yeti, Not-Yeti-laugh.  Need
      a quick tutorial.  Do you say, Neti, Neti to Neti, Neti? Flash! Shoot,
      its gone-even Neti is a hard gal to hang onto.

      But, Im not going to go anywhere.

      Lo

      JOYCE SHORT
      Shameless Cribbing from Alan Watts

      Contemplative meditation, like contemplative love, is only secondarily a
      matter of technique.  For neither have any specific aim.  There is nothing
      specific that one needs to MAKE happen.  In love, a man and a woman are
      exploring together their spontaneous feeling-without any preconceived idea
      of what it ought to be and in meditation, we are doing likewise - the sphere
      of contemplation is not about what should be, what is missing, what needs to
      be fixed, no focus on some goal to be obtained through manipulation but
      simply an exploration of what IS whatever it is.

      Even in meditation practice, we might find what are called "preliminaries".
      But in actual meditation as in love between a man and a woman, the
      relationship has no goal other than itself, nothing is merely preliminary.
      One finds out what it can mean to simply look either at another person or
      one's own mind, one's entire being.  If any contact is not regarded as
      leading to something else, but allowed to come into one's awareness as if
      the source of activity lay in it and not the will, then all phenomena are
      seen in their subtlety and richness.  Received as such one will also
      experience that one's own body and mind somehow includes the entire external
      world as well as the entire internal world and there is no division between
      them.

      Any grasping at meditation, any grasping at love destroys joy.  Neither love
      nor meditation is contrived or willfully provoked as an escape from the
      habitually empty feeling of an isolated ego with its enlightenment seeking.
      If that is present, love that too and enter into full relationship with it.
      As in love, which is the most total relationship to the other of which we
      are capable, meditation is full awareness in any moment, a full engaging
      with it and is an outpouring of life and total receptivity.  All illusion is
      taken away and we see the person and the universe for what they truly are.
      The song of great peace.

      Metta,
      Joyce

      SAM PASCIENIER

      > > Hi Friend,
      > >
      > > The Whole don't even have no parts to be a sum of
      > it.
      > >
      > > Holy Wholes, Batman!
      > > I just swallowed myself entire and
      > >   have no where to digest
      > >   it ...
      > >
      > > Love,
      > > Wholey Man
      > >
      > There's not even anyone to
      > go to the Batroom!

      Dear Friends.. I had the almost impossible task of
      teaching math to adults who had not finished High
      school.. I needed the money.. One of the basic axioms
      in Geometry (or logic) is that the whole of the
      quantity is equal to the sum of its parts.. One lady
      in answering a question in a quiz wrote: 'The part of
      the quantity is equal to the sum of the wholes...'I
      could not convince her that the two statements are not
      equivalent and she was very angry with me... I don't
      think she knew anything about advaita.. and neither
      did I then... If Nisargadatta said it: 'The part of
      the quantity is equal to the sum of the wholes..'we
      would go hmmm.. and think about it for a long time...

      Sam

      JOYCE SHORT
      THE AXIS PANDEMIC

      International reaction to Bush's Axis of Evil declaration was swift, as
      within minutes, France surrendered.

      Elsewhere, peer-conscious nations rushed to gain triumvirate status in what
      became a game of geopolitical chairs. Cuba, Sudan, and Serbia said they had
      formed the Axis of Somewhat Evil, forcing Somalia to join with Uganda and
      Myanmar in the Axis of Occasionally Evil, while Bulgaria, Indonesia and
      Russia established the Axis of Not So Much Evil Really As Just Generally
      Disagreeable.

      With the criteria suddenly expanded and all the desirable clubs filling up,
      Sierra Leone, El Salvador, and Rwanda applied to be called the Axis of
      Countries That Aren't the Worst But Certainly Won't Be Asked to Host the
      Olympics; Canada, Mexico, and Australia formed the Axis of Nations That Are
      Actually Quite Nice But Secretly Have Nasty Thoughts About America, while
      Spain, Scotland, and New Zealand established the Axis of Countries That Be
      Allowed to Ask Sheep to Wear Lipstick.

      "That's not a threat, really, just something we like to do," said Scottish
      Executive First Minister Jack McConnell.

      Israel, meanwhile, insisted it didn't want to join any Axis, but privately,
      world leaders said that's only because no one asked them.

      Bitter after being snubbed for membership in the "Axis of Evil," Libya,
      China, and Syria today announced they had formed the "Axis of Just as
      Evil," which they said would be way eviler than that stupid Iran-Iraq-North
      Korea axis President Bush warned of in his State of the Union address.

      Axis of Evil members, however, immediately dismissed the new axis as
      having, for starters, a really dumb name. "Right. They are Just as
      Evil...in their dreams!" declared North Korean leader Kim Jong-il.
      "Everybody knows we're the best evils... best at being evil... we're the
      best."

      Diplomats from Syria denied they were jealous over being excluded, although
      they conceded they did ask if they could join the Axis of Evil. "They told
      us it was full," said Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. "An Axis can't have
      more than three countries," explained Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. "This
      is not my rule, it's tradition. In World War II you had Germany, Italy, and
      Japan in the evil Axis. So you can only have three. And a secret handshake.
      Ours is wicked cool."

      While wondering if the other nations of the world weren't perhaps making
      fun of him, a cautious Bush granted approval for most axes, although he
      rejected the establishment of the Axis of Countries Whose Names End in
      "Guay," accusing one of its members of filing a false application.
      Officials from Paraguay, Uruguay, and Chateauguay denied the charges.

      JAN B.
      new fonts?
      Gene, the present font in use in the archives is 'Courier new'
      and the text around it is in 'Arial' - which is much easier readable
      because the letters are 'fatter', almost as 'fat' as the Courier
      font when bold. It would be nice if the moderator could chose the
      fonts as to optimize readability for the group. If it weren't for
      a weird software flaw on the system here, i wouldn't be able to
      read from the web - now the letters are displayed at about 1.5
      its 'should be' size.

      GENE POOLE
      new fonts?

      Hi Jan,

      I looked into changing the font for this group, but no such option
      exists, although I have not contacted Yahoo! admin to ask about
      it.

      I am glad that you can adjust your own screen font size, thus to
      continue to read.

      Perhaps you can recommend a web resource pertaining to
      Rosicrucianism, in English, for those who are interested. I have
      found several but have not been able to decide which if any are
      the best ones, or truly 'authorized'.

      I recall that as a child, I would read my fathers's Popular Mechanics
      magazines, and was intrigued by the tiny ads in the classified section
      placed there by 'AMORC'. Since, I have met several self-confessed
      Rosicrucians, most of them being women.

      Thanks and blessings...

      ==Gene Poole==

      JAN B.

      The main site is this one: http://www.lectoriumrosicrucianum.org/
      and meanwhile, there is a lot of choice regarding languages.
      º
      ºI recall that as a child, I would read my fathers's Popular Mechanics
      ºmagazines, and was intrigued by the tiny ads in the classified section
      ºplaced there by 'AMORC'. Since, I have met several self-confessed
      ºRosicrucians, most of them being women.

      A split occurred which resulted in 'AMORC'. The ancient path is one of
      surrender which is hardest but when 'woken up' the 'reward' is Love, not
      a 'cold' emptiness.. Side-effects of the life-force are to be ignored as
      they are but distractions - this caused the split as with 'AMORC' skills
      like 'astral travel' can be learned. With what could be called 'apperception
      on an empty stomach' there cannot be fascination for such phenomena nor can
      there be advertising for it.

      After my brother died i met a woman who had been consoling my parents,
      helping them not to see his death as a loss.
      She had been a student of Jan van Rijckenborh and had left years ago as no more
      guidance was needed. With such a one, there is nothing to talk about but
      she had one last request, to talk to her 'unwilling' son after she had died - which happened
      a few weeks after i met her.

      Peace,
      Jan
      º

      GARY MERRILL
      Consciousness Is All
      Dear NDS,

      Please note that the list description for my group 'Consciousness Is
      All' has been updated. Reference to any particular teacher or teaching
      has now been omitted, to give a clear focus on the need for authentic
      understanding. If the list description rings any bells for you, then
      you are very welcome to participate.

      Best regards,
      Gary Merrill.
      mailto:gary@...

      The new list description is a follows:

      The expression 'Consciousness is All' points to the truth of 'what is', prior to conceptualization and prior to division into subject and object in our knowledge. It is suggested that the notion of an independent identity, the 'self', is only an abstraction, a way of viewing and picturing the world, a way of relating.

      This forum is an opportunity to share and discover this new paradigm of Consciousness. That, by entering into authentic dialogue, we might come across freedom from the known and awaken an intelligence that is not bound to any creed, philosophy or form.

      This inquiry may shine new light on the process of inquiry itself and be the end of all questions. You are invited to take part.

      MELODY
      new fonts?

      >Is everyone seeing a new font when accessing
      >NDS via the web?

      Using Windows Explorer, I do not notice a change.

      If the font is different, it is not (to these eyes)

      noticably different.

      But as long as I have you on the horn here,

      I thought I'd share about a new free email delivery

      software  called "IncrediMail".  I downloaded

      it yesterday, and I love it!

      http://www.IncrediMail.com

      To your chagrin, Gene, IncrediMail has more

      emoticons than you can shake a stick at.

      It has a built in spell checker, and you can add

      background with one click of a button.  You

      can send taped messages and ecards with it,

      as well.   And you can add your own

      handwritten signature.

      Yet it has the best of Microsoft's

      Outlook Express features.

      (It's automatically double spacing my lines

      here, and I haven't yet figured out how to

      change that, though)

      Tucows rates it 5 cows.

      So do I.