Saturday February 16, 2001

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2002
      ******************

      HURG

       Osho on zen, therapists and U.G.

      Regardless of what one's position on Osho he gave some interesting
      talks. I read the following 3 on DK's Hard-core guru rating site:

      Osho on Zen

      http://www.otoons.de/osho/osho_zen.html

      Osho on therapists

      http://www.otoons.de/osho/09-16-therapists.htm

      Osho on U.G.

      http://www.otoons.de/osho/U.G.Krishnamurti.htm

      JAN SULTAN

      Lama Surya Das on

      THE ULTIMATE REFUGE

        In Buddhism, there is a rather unique word that translates as 'suchness.'
      It means vital, living truth itself, here and now, right before our very
      eyes - the 'isness' of things exactly as they are. Arrive at that place
      that is free of craving, a totally open luminous expanse where nothing is
      wanting, and there you will experience the meaning of the Dzogchen teaching
      that says, 'Leave everything as it is and rest your weary mind.' The Buddha
      once said, 'There is ntrvanic peace in things left just as they are.' That
      is the innermost secret refuge. If you can reach this place within
      yourself, then you don't have to do or undo anything. That's the ultimate
      refuge, the ultimate practice of letting go - the art of allowing things to
      be as they are. That is coming home in a spiritual sense.
      My late teacher Khyentse Rinpoche taught:

      Leave everything as it is in fundamental simplicity,
      and clarity will arise by itself.
      Only by doing nothing will you do all there is to be done. .

      The secret wisdom of Dzogchen teaches us that whatever we are looking for,
      it is always right here. We are usually elsewhere. That's the problem.

      from: Awakening The Buddha Within

      Sufficiently Naked - Soren Kierkegaard

      In order to swim one takes off all one's clothes -
      in order to aspire to the truth one must undress
      in a far more inward sense,
      divest oneself of all one's inward clothes,
      of thoughts, conceptions, selfishness, etc.,
      before one is sufficiently naked.

      - SOREN KIERKEGAARD

      The Korean Zen master I studied with, Nine Mountains, used to exclaim with
      gusto,
      'What is it?'
      This, his main koan or Zen conundrum, was boldly calligraphed in Korean as
      a hanging scroll on the wall.
      This is an intense, heartfelt, visceral question:
      'What the hell is it?'
      That was his whole teaching. What the hell is going on? What is this? Who
      is this? This is a fundamental existential question, turning our
      exploration inward. What is this presenting itself right now?

      from: Awakening The Buddha Within
      by: Lama Surya Das