1/29/02 Tuesday

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2002

      *****************

      SU GANDOLF

       A Gift From The Sea

               "The sea does not reward those who are too
      anxious, too greedy, or too impatient.  To dig for
      treasures shows not only impatience and greed, but
      lack of faith.  Patience, patience, patience, is what the
      sea teaches.  Patience and faith.  One should lie empty,
      open, choiceless as a beach -- waiting for a gift from
      the sea."
                               Anne Morrow Lindbergh

      JERRY KATZ
      RE:Spiritual Enlightenment: The Damndest Thing by Jed McKenna

      Thanks for sending this, Chuck. Jed seems like a cool guy. I sent them a review
      and maybe they'll put it on the website. I'll see you in a couple of weeks. they
      need jed at inner directions!

      in the jed zone, as they say in iowa
      Jerry

      ps. or as kerouac says:

      "So in America when the sun goes down and I sit on the old broken-down river pier
      watching the long, long skies over New Jersey and sense all that raw land that
      rolls in one unbelievable huge bulge over to the West Coast, and all that road
      going, all the people dreaming in the immensity of it, and in Iowa I know by now
      the children must be crying in the land where they let the children cry, and
      tonight the stars'll be out, and don't you know that God is Pooh Bear? the
      evening star must be drooping and shedding her sparkler dims on the prairie,
      which is just before the coming of complete night that blesses the earth, darkens
      all rivers, cups the peaks and folds the final shore in, and nobody, nobody knows
      what's going to happen to anybody besides the forlorn rags of growing old, I
      think of Dean Moriarty, I even think of Old Dean Moriarty the father we never
      found, I think of Dean Moriarty."

      Well if you ask them in Iowa now, yes all the people are dreaming, but Dean is
      Jed, Jed is Pooh Bear, and yes the earth is blessed by darkness and not knowing.

      PETER SWEENEY

      Thank you to Chuck Hillig and Jerry Katz for your
      support of the book "Spiritual Enlightenment: The
      Damnedest Thing" by Jed McKenna.

      And thanks to all the participants in this list for
      making it so rich and informative. I've been lurking
      for months and have received a fun and much-needed
      education.

      Peter Sweeney - Wisefool Press
      http://www.WisefoolPress.com/

      BOBBY G.

      > What was the cult you were in?

      --Greg

      Dear Greg

      Divine Light Mission.  Guru Maharaji, the fourteen year old perfect
      Master.

      I just read the replies to the resident Hari Krishna's message
      stating that he was not reaching out, from Jan, Jody, and Jerry (the
      Three J's).  Regardless what Little Paul says this is a great group.
      Big Paul listens and Knows.

      Love
      Bobby G.

      SARLO

      Mira, who may not still be in this list, also used to belong to your cult (DLM). She says that the website of ex-members  (www.ex-premie.org) was hacked and knocked off the net for a while recently. I just visited it and it's back, with 4 mirror sites to make it more difficult to knock out again. Rock on! We can only speculate as to who committed this perfidy.

      Love, Sarlo