Fri-Sat, Jan. 11-13, 2001

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2002
      The NDS list is very slow. All the Highlights, over 900 editions, are
      searchable at <http://nonduality.com>. Also indexed are the entire NDS
      site, the Wide Open Windows site of over 1000 spiritual teachers, and
      the Course in Consciousness site which takes the perspective of physics
      in talking about the nondual. Within the next few weeks the search
      engine will include more websites.
      --Jerry

      ROBERT AND SEBASTIAN

      ROBERT:
      For those of you who have woken up, do you fall back to
      sleep? I do.

      I remember when I did wake up. It was when I was about 16
      years old. I had clearity as though I was a crystal ball
      where all information passed through me and from every
      direction. I could percieve and see things in a way that was
      ineffable. I felt like I was a part of the whole universe and
      it was beating and alive like a living organism.

      As time went on this awareness diminished and I....

      Let me see if I can get this accross....

      I fell back into my conditioned being and reasumed my
      identity that I lived into thus far in my life. Which was
      definately not an entirely aware being.....
      ..................> I look forward to hearing from anyone.

      Good Bye

      Robert

      SEBASTIAN:
      ~~~Dear Robert, Hi and welcome. This is my first post to this
      list in a long time, but something in your words has moved me
      to act. Your experience of Presence/Awareness and then back
      to conditioning is quite frequently how it IS. I had only
      'peak' experiences from when I was a teenager until about age
      44 when Awareness began to dawn in me much more strongly and
      frequently. It coincided with coming to a place where I no
      longer resisted Presence. You see, in order for Presence to
      manifest or come to the forefront of our awareness, we must
      disidentify with our 'conditioned self'. This means a kind of
      loss or a feeling of dying and our conditioned identity can
      resist this very strongly and we can go about distracting
      ourselves and running from it for a long time. The only thing
      we Know to Do (or Not Do) is to Allow everything and anything
      to arise in us and experience it fully, in other words: Open
      up to everything, resist nothing that happens within you and
      especially remain open and loving to each moment as it arises
      in our awareness. This website has some articles that may
      help you understand at least.
      http://www.satyamnadeen.com/nwslt.htm Also his book "From
      Seekers to Finders" is good.

      GLORIA LEE

      How Does It Feel to Be a Heart?

      Once a young woman asked me,

      “How does it feel to be a man?”
      And I replied,

      “My dear,
      I am not so sure.”

      Then she said,
      “Well, aren’t you a man?”

      And this time I replied,

      “I view gender
      As a beautiful animal
      That people often take for a walk on a leash
      And might enter in some odd contest
      To try to win strange prizes.

      My dear,
      A better question for Hafiz
      Would have been,

      ‘How does it feel to be a heart?”

      For all I know is Love,
      And I find my heart Infinite
      And Everywhere!”

      (“I Heard God Laughing” – versions of Hafiz by
      Daniel Ladinsky)

      GENE POOLE

      " I have gathered a posie of
      other men's flowers, and