12/9/01 Sunday

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2001

      GENE POOLE
      In and out too fast to perceive

      NDS

      Only one person really knows how to play ping-pong
      Or ride a horse
      Or make tea

      Only one person can appreciate how food tastes
      Or perform mathematical computations correctly
      Or read and understand this posting

      Only one person at a time, actually
      While all have the capacity
      It travels between people

      A fixed body of perceptions
      Shared by all
      In a rotational schedule

      That is why there is always a champion
      Always a loser
      And always a chance

      The same with 'enlightement'
      Spread the word about the best tea
      Spread the word about the most excellent enlightenment

      Recognize the possibility
      So that when it is your turn
      You can have it for a moment

      Publicize the possibility
      Advertise the reality
      Because as we know from experience

      100 people can drink the best tea as a group
      All appreciating the taste seemingly together
      This points out the speed of the rotational schedule

      So it is not a matter of having and possessing anything
      It is a matter of being open to sharing what is
      And that is enlightenment.

      ==Gene Poole==

      > Hi Dan
      >
      > Are you saying does or does not
      enlightenment exist?

      No.

      Can you be where you are before birth --
        where existence and nonexistence don't apply?

      The mind is always active until its basis is dissolved.

      It will always be seeking to have something, whether
        that be termed "enlightenment," a "powerful teacher",
        "enough money to enjoy life", a "secure nation", etc., etc.

      -- Dan

      > In my experience there is a
      qualitative change when one wakes up.
      >  This has been demonstrated
      very clearly here in London, UK where
      > Dave Oshana dramatically changed
      over night. People on the satsang
      > scene that knew him, before and
      after, found the changes remarkable.
      > Subsequently, similar conspicuous
      changes have been noticed in both
      > long-term and new seekers who have
      met Dave - some within the first
      > meeting.
      >
      > Somethings
      going on and it ain't real Scully!

      > hellman x
      >
      > http://www.oshana.org

      SU GANDOLF

      > The mind is always active until its basis is dissolved.

      "Until" its basis is dissolved. And "then"? (if you place it in time
      aren't you arguing for the existence of something (enlightenment, if
      you will) that lasts?)

      "its basis is dissolved"...Is its basis dissolved *by* something (the
      mind suggests: effort, devotion, mind) or someone (myself, my
      teacher)?

      Are you just refusing to address the question of whether or not, for
      example, Dave Oshana woke up, because that question is the mind
      grasping for something (seeking to have something, in your words),
      which grasping cannot ultimately be helpful?

      > It will always be
      seeking to have something, whether
      >   that be termed
      "enlightenment," a "powerful teacher",
      >   "enough money to
      enjoy life", a "secure nation", etc., etc.

      > -- Dan

      What *good* is language, Dan? Really. Because it *is* good. When it
      is. Isn't it?

      good night,
      Su

      HARSHA from Harsha Satsangh

      We are like candle lights
      shining on each other
      warming the air around us
      and wherever the wind of change
      placed our flame
      we would not do anything different.
      For those whom life has broken
      who hear the unspoken truth
      always from the Heart,
      no choice but to love
      however silently.

      Love to all
      Harsha

      GARY MERRILL from his list Consciousness Is All
      on the law of reversed effort

      Here in Cornwall in the UK a couple of us are trying to get a group of interested
      people (people interested in Non Duality, Advaita etc) to meet to
      share understanding etc. There is actually not very many interested
      people around, everyone has found a niche so to speak. Well the lady
      who is to host our first meeting really wanted Tony Parsons to come
      along but she's getting me instead as so called 'expert' by default!

      So I'm thinking today what the hell are we going to talk about! In
      doing so it becomes even more clearer that there really isn't anything
      to put forward as being 'truth' or the 'solution'. On the contrary it
      seems our solutions have become our problems our truth's our prisons
      of belief. The best we can hope for then is perhaps to be made lighter
      in our journey. To jettison the philosophies which were meant to be
      solutions but were a fix which kept us in a fix.

      The openness of such a light life could again be looked at like the
      law of reversed effort. 'Without a solution is there a problem?' and
      conversely 'the solution is the problem'. To paraphrase the Osho
      quote, 'to be ordinary is to be enlightened', 'to try and be someone
      special is to miss it' (ie very ordinary in one's dis-ease). To put
      this one other way.. 'enlightenment is seen as a solution and
      immediately then becomes the problem'.

      Love,
      Gary
      mailto:gary@...