Thursday, December 6

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2001
      HARSHA
      from HarshaSatsangh

      Dear Sisters and Brothers of the Sangha,

      Last week on Thursday, I received a call from my wife, that
      she had gone into premature labor. In the middle of
      complicated and uncertain circumstances, an emergency
      c-section was performed and our baby daughter was delivered.
      Both my wife and daughter are at home now. Mira (my wife's
      choice for the name) came 7 weeks early and generally is OK
      other than some usual issues that babies who come early may
      have to deal with. She is a most welcome addition to the
      family. The pediatrician is closely monitoring her and we are
      all optimistic. I flew home last Thursday when I heard what
      was happening and for five days was holding Mira and looking
      at her. She is smaller than our other children but very
      special and beautiful. Coming in my middle age, I am
      cherishing this gift. In a few weeks when the semester ends,
      I will again rejoin my family. Wanted to share the good news
      with you.

      Will catch up with the e-mail over the next few days.

      God bless you Love to all
       Harsha

      DAN

      Enlightenment is an image in the mind.

      The mind strives for the image it projects.

      Some people project the image of "doing practices
        to reach enlightenment."

      Other people project the image of "I'm already always
        enlightened, so there is no seeking here."

      Some people project "I'm with an enlightened teacher."

      Others project "I'm the enlightened teacher."

      In all cases, it is an image of the mind.

      Doing or being a non-doer are equally
        mind-images.

      What is not a mind image won't be conceived,
        aimed at, celebrated, nor spoken about.

      It won't be reached, embodied, or realized.

      It is beyond "enlightenment" or "ignorance" ...

      There is no time for it to "come into the system,
        be the system, or become the system"

      There is no place for it to enter the person, or
        to be entered by the person.

      The death of the mind is not supernatural,
        just the only thing that can "occur" when
        reality is, with no image attempted
        as an "overlay".

      Thoughts may occur, they just aren't systematized
        or imaged as "a mind or being that knows" ...

      The body no longer exists as an image, yet goes
        on about its business -- who knows why or how?

      DUNCAN WATSON
      from Guru Ratings List

      "If you believe in awakened Masters and unawakened disciples,
      you've got to wonder. How many other supposed awakened
      Masters do you know, who (a) have not "graduated" any of
      their students, and (b) have had no students spontaneously
      awaken? Would you go to a professinoal or technical school
      that had a ZERO record of job placement?"

      Greg has a very good point here. Most masters have a very
      poor record of enlightening their students. But first we have
      to arrive at a solid definition of what enlightenment is ...
      perhaps a scale of 1 to 10 that can be tested and
      unequivocally challenged. Then we can start rating the
      teacher on the basis of the number of people they graduate.

      I remember in Drunvalo's video's, in his history of the
      world, he talked about Ay and Teye, the first couple who
      supposedly achieved enlightenment in ancient Lemuria (through
      Tantra). They set up a mystery school, and as they had
      attained immortality, they taught in Lemuria for thousands of
      years. From about 80,000 BC (I'm quoting here from the Flower
      of Life material - whatever you believe, its a great story!).
      After teaching for thousands of years, they had only
      graduated 1,000 students (these people became the "Ascended
      Masters"). Drunvalo also states that in Atlantis where
      mystery schools taught for 20,000 years, they only graduated
      600 people.

      This is channelled material, so take from it what you may.
      But if these figures were correct then teaching enlightenment
      is a pretty slow business! I suggest you don't pay the
      ferryman until you get to the other side.

      VAJRA

      This is just spiritual materialism! Enlightenment has nothing
      to do with league tables - it is not a schools' competition.
      My understanding is that a Master shares his truth, love,
      bliss and freedom without expectation. If we get involved in
      the numbers' game, it is almost the same as certain religions
      claiming that they are the best because they have the biggest
      following.

      DREW HEMPEL
      from the Nonduality Salon website

      This investigation is based on the assumption that there is a
      severe global crisis of injustice and ecological damage that
      primarily stems from the elite-controlled institutional
      policies of western culture. Working from that premise the
      issue at hand is how to overcome the root of the problem that
      drives the interlocking oppressions symptomatic of
      westernization. Since the root problem has been analyzed at
      length in the past, I provide simply a brief presentation and
      then focus on the facets of implementing the solution as the
      subject of my experiential applied research and what I
      contend to be dialectically transcending nondualism.

      read the rest at <http://nonduality.com/whatis8.htm>