Highlights, Sat. Aug. 28

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 1999
      Hi everybody. Here're some highlights from Saturday, August,

      A non-dual Creation Story:

      The goddess saw herself reflected in the void...and reached
      out to herself....splitting herself....and created the
      polarities....forever joined, forever separate......male and
      female the human incarnation of this phenomenon....

      joined in essence...separate in phenomenology...coming of
      one, returning to one, in the process appearing apart, but
      leaving from and returning to sameness...

      awareness of essential sameness eases the separation and
      allows us to walk "apart" together....

      Love, Kristi

      Have you thought of ceasing the search and seeing what is
      present? Or carrying the search further until you see
      what's on the other side?

      This is your death bed and everything is fading.

      There are no limits on love. It is beyond yet lies within
      all form.
      It is the birds in the air taking flight. It is the flower
      opening itself to the warmth of the sun. It is the wind
      caresssing the trees. As Satchmo says, "I see people
      shaking hands, saying how do you do, but what they're really
      saying is I love you". It's all about love and as you will
      soon see, is in fact, who we *are*.
      I love you Marcia.

      "Where is that Holy Grail, anyway?"

      It could be that old tea cup you inherited from your
      The most beautiful and sublime sometimes reside in the most

      I am currently pondering whether we are evolving as Teilhard
      de Chardin, Ken Wilber, and others suggest, and how this
      question is meaningful for the emotional investment of our
      "doing" or teleology. I had always assumed that our purpose
      in living was to make the world a "better place." Now, in
      some ways, it seems it is best to work without any
      attachment to results.

      I see that we have two choices in life
      - continue to keep your fingers crossed in hopes that it
      will all work out somehow, or you can inquire into the whole
      business alltogehter. That's what I did, and boy did I get
      a surprise, let me tell you!! It took a major heart break
      and blow after twenty some years of trying to make it all
      work out, that I finally stopped and took a look. So the
      whole idea of *working* was totally up-ended, I saw the
      folly of it, the misery of it. And in that investigation I
      saw that *working* and *separate identity* were one and the
      I talk more about it on my web page if you are interested.

      -- Happy Days, Judi

      I would agree with Judi about this "working" business. Most
      of the self emposed grief in my life has come from my
      expectations and attachment to the outcome of any given
      situation. All of my liberation, or Enlightenment has come
      from the bliss of experience without judgement. That is
      what I believe we are here for, to completely experience all
      aspects of Goddess in all of it's apparent dualisms and to
      call it blessed. That would apply to all of life's most
      painful expressions as well. This perspective is more
      difficult to live then to type,but it is of a simple wisdom,
      one we can give our children.

      Happy days and Blissful Nights, Erin

      If nonduality was possible, you wouldn't need this computer,
      or your fingers to type out your messages. Wouldn't need
      messages... or anything, since it is all nothing.
      So, is your quest FOR nonduality, or do you BELIEVE you are
      'in' nonduality? To arrive at nonduality, you have to use
      the vehicle of duality. You have to 'reason' nonduality.
      If you 'believe' you are 'in' it, then that 'belief' is
      duality thinking. Can we not be open and honest about this?

      The only problem I have with 'nonduality' is the denial
      required to 'get there' pretending one doesn't have to 'get
      there' to be 'there' when 'there' doesn't even exist
      according to the belief, which is another contradiction,
      because you cannot 'believe' in nonduality, anymore that you
      can believe in 'nothingness'.

      Ergo: nonduality is a belief system, like any other belief

      Vedanta: There is no chicken. There is no road. There is
      no crossing.

      Krishnamurti: There is no Theosophical Society. There is no

      --Bruce, by way of Bob

      I feel as if I have experienced what I call planetary
      Is this possible? It feels non personal but definitely
      emotional in the sense that compassion is emotional. It is
      just not personal. It is like, as an example, feeling
      altogether how all the mothers of the planet feel towards
      their children.

      So it is not my child or your child. It feels like a
      different level of consciousness than even when I feel
      compassion for my child as a being separate from me. It
      feels more global. Is this imagination or not? :-)

      You can't force enlightenment. - Cap'n

      I always suspected that Cap'n Crunch was an enlightened
      Buddhist master.
      All my friends laughed. They said that Tony the Tiger, with
      his method of teaching people to push themselves to new
      physical limits, was clearly the superior being.

      "Show them you're a tiger.
      Show them what you can do."

      Meanwhile, what's the Cap'n up to? Not much. Lately he's
      just been "hanging out" and "trying to make it happen" with
      a group of badly drawn, but very hip, cartoon characters.

      Still, I cling to my fantasy. Perhaps I am delusional.
      Cap'n Crunch, while dressed in navy regalia, seems to have
      no ship. There are rumours that he was once, long ago, a
      cartoon character with his very own TV show, but now he is
      merely the face of a cereal. Has he eliminated his desire
      to be on television and now only sells "food", a symbolic
      version of enlightenment? The answer seems to be yes.

      Other cereals have much to tell us. Toucan Sam leads us
      through the jungle on a mystical quest. Follow your nose?
      Indeed, my little feathery friend.
      Our nose will lead us to enlightenment. Catch Lucky? My
      God, yes, I will catch him, and his marshmallow surprises,
      thus achieving a state of nirvana.

      Silly rabbit, Tricks are for kids! Yes, for you see, all
      desire will frustrate us. Let go of desire, and you shall
      receive all that you need.
      Were the rabbit to cease his chase, he would find serenity,
      and Tricks would be given to him freely.

      But the Cap'n is the one who will lead me to a higher plane
      of existence.
      He has a sword, but does not draw it from its sheath.
      Perhaps, somewhere under the folds of his blue uniform, is a
      gun he never uses. The Cap'n is too wise for such tricks.
      Instead he uses his mind to defeat the Soggies, and any
      other foes he might encounter.

      I bow low before the master. I eat his breakfast cereal. I
      approach bliss.

      --contributed by Gene off USENET

      I've looked for my soul and I can't seem to find it
      anywhere. Can you show me yours?

      This is the crux of the issue, if you believe that you have
      (or are) an enduring (immortal) soul then that is duality.
      If this belief is not held, that is nondual. When I look
      for my soul, all I can finally see is the whole of
      existence, the totality of the perceivable.
      I have no way of knowing where to draw a line so as to say
      "This side is me, that side is not me". So nonduality is
      not a belief, rather it is the absence of belief.

      Indeed, there are moments in relationship when
      "relationship" itself dissolves. "Two" are no longer
      divided. It is even too much to say they "become one".
      Interpreting the It is a couple of removes from the fact of
      It. Even calling it "It" is superfluous and distancing.

      "Nonduality" is calling to your attention that "zone" of
      life in which is ecstasy, when you are fully awake and
      conscious and blissful at once. It happens.

      Conditioning wasn't made in a split second and won't
      disappear in a split second either. Recognizing what was
      never lost is the beginning and from then the
      transformations start taking place.

      Some could remark that 'no belief' is the belief that there
      is no belief. It reminds of the decider who decides to
      decide to... and "who is the perceiver of the perceiver
      of...." In other words, infinite regression. There is no
      way to prove nonduality. No body can show a soul, the mind
      or the spirit, true. Indicative that something is wrong is
      the word "my" when referring to soul, mind and spirit. The
      owners of these items are perhaps aided by Ramana's "who am

      That is exactly the point, yes? To experience, to make the
      "laws" the "realities" your own, to *know* rather than

      When I leave this digital domain and all the abstractions of
      thought and belief in this or that and wonder out amongst
      the giant oaks and beautiful maples, that is when I truly
      feel that everything is connected and I have a visceral
      experience of nonduality.