Thursday, November 29

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2001
      U.G.Krishnamurti being interviewed( a small part)

      Q: But we can never be absolutely sure that there is not some
      way out, no matter how fantastic or improbable it may be ...

      U.G.: As long as there is that hope that you can somehow or
      the other get out of the jungle, so long will you continue
      what you are doing-- searching--and so long you feel lost.
      You are lost only because you are searching. You have no way
      of finding your way out of the jungle.

      Q: So if one could just stop....

      U.G.: No, that's not it at all. You still expect something to
      happen. That expectation is part of the problem. That is why
      you are pursuing these questions. Your expectations are part
      of your desire to change everything. Nothing needs changing;
      you must accept life as it is. Through "change" you hope and
      expect to be born again. What the hell for? This life is
      enough. There is no peace in this life, no lack of
      unhappiness, so you wait until your next life to be happy.
      It's not worth it. You may very well not be born again. After
      all, it is only a hopeful theory to you. You may as well find
      out for yourself if it is possible to be at peace with
      yourself now.

      KEES SCHREUDERS

      dear Amigo's

      it's back: Amigo, web-magazine voor Non-Dualistic approaches,
      with the second edition

      this time with contributions of Wolter Keers, Jan van Delden,
      U.G. Krishnamirti, Tony Parsons and others

      the subject: the impersonal, the impossibility of possessing
      Realization

      you can find it on: http://www.ods.nl/amigos

      JERRY

      The Inner Directions gathering is being held February 15-17.
      Great speakers and atmosphere. It's right across from the
      beach in La Jolla, California. They do a beautiful job in
      organizing and presenting the gathering. I really enjoyed it.

      And the best part is the Saturday night NDS gathering. You
      don't even have to be signed-up for the Inner Directions
      gathering to be a part of it. Basically it's a few of us
      getting together. Last year was great, with cee, Jody, Igor,
      Thomas and Diane Murphy, Christiana, Chuck Hillig and his
      cool friends from Ojai, Christiana, and of course myself
      hogging all the food.

      Hopefully those guys will try to make it this year and others
      will as well. Hoping Diana and Metta Zetty will join us.
      Metta is a featured speaker this year. Let me know if you're
      interested in the Saturday night NDS gathering, so we have an
      idea of how many. If you're in southern California, stop by!
      It's NDS at its best.

      Here's the link to Inner Directions for information on the
      gathering:
      <http://www.innerdirections.org/news/gathering/gathering_2002.htm>

      To summarize, there is the Inner directions gathering which
      costs like $275 or something. It's worth every cent. And
      there's the Saturday night NDS bash, which costs nothing
      except what you order at the restaurant. Or it may be at
      someone's cottage. We'll let you know.

      --
      http://nonduality.com
      http://nonduality.net