Thursday's highlights

  • Melody
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 1999
      ND highlights for Thursday, August 26

      From: "Skye Chambers"

      Excerpts from "The Treatise on Cosmic Fire" transmitted to
      Alice Bailey from The Tibetan (Dwjal Khul)

      The secret of the Fire lies hid in the second letter of the
      Sacred Word (AUM). The mystery of life is concealed within
      the heart. When the lower point vibrates, when the Sacred
      Triangle glows,(positive, negative,neutral) when the
      Threefold Apex likewise burns,(subjective equivalent) then
      the two triangles, merge into One Flame, which burneth up
      the whole.

      The seven Brothers (aspects of all substance emanating from
      the Sacred Triangle) love each other, yet each seeketh for
      many aeons the path of hatred. They hate and kill each other
      (harmony thru conflict) until they find that (Will-Electric
      Fire) which killeth not and is not hurt. Together then they
      stand and serve and through their service the seven suns
      burn up.

      The seven suns are destroyed when synthesis and unity are
      reached and when the differentiated forces become one
      homogeneous force, the attractive or magnetic effect of this
      cohesion is a manifested unity on the physical plane as well
      as on the subjective side of nature. The will or purpose
      aspect which is the spiritual life behind all subjective and
      objective phenomena suddenly makes itself felt and seen.
      This produces necessarily the destruction of all limiting
      forms, the merging of the fires and the blazing forth into
      objectivity of the vital body of the Solar Logos prior to
      the final abstraction and subsequent dying out or
      obscuration of the solar system.

      Spirit and matter are never dissociated during
      manifestation; they are are the duality lying back of all
      that is objective. Yet some factor is responsible for them -
      that which is neither spirit nor matter, that which will be
      regarded as non existent by anyone except the initiate.

      The adept who undergoes the discipline and who passes
      through the initiatory rites has transcended 'color' has
      passed beyond the veil and has expanded his consciousness so
      that he is at-one with the conscious life of his planetary
      Logos. He has therefore arrived at a stage incomprehensible
      to man; he is passing out of the realms of substantial forms
      altogether into the realm of energy and is passing away from
      the realm of awareness altogether.

      Jerry welcomes a new member:

      Nice to see you, Eric. Hey, I guess you're right about
      nonduality connoting duality. Is there anything else you're
      trying to say? My best to the family.

      Yes, I have very much to say. In-Joy!

      Lets start with Judi's innocence of world affairs. I spend almost of my
      free time watching and reading currevents. Afar- Kosovo, Turkey, Russia
      etc. and Near- Kansas City's peoples communities, my children's village
      community french immersion school, their (4) multiple parents and inlaws
      struggling, the health and wellness community here, That place called
      the nondualitysalon.

      Everywhere I look - and it really doesn't matter, of course - there is
      transition. some graced with ease- most struggling through, pardon,
      viral brain infections and the like.

      As comes up within me, but also "put to me" by the communities I embrace
      daily, any effort outside myself, can be viewed as dualist. i.e. helper,
      teacher, leader, um- fascist. However, you could say the same of opening
      awareness purely with-in one's own self. Either is a walk on the
      slippery rocks, No?

      My acute interest in this small group, in the limited time I have been
      aware / following the discussion, centers around this question:

      What part of this Quasi-Private exploration is indivigualy
      self-centered, and how perhaps does it relate to the planet / cosmos
      conditions outside at large, remembering that in reality, there is only

      To not waste time here, let me say the following: it has been difficult
      to keep my 6 year old from giving up. She's very afraid that somehow all
      "the trees are going to die" before she's a grown up. Children know
      these things, for those who have forgotten.

      Please forgive my own innocence, but in so much that channeling DK is
      not beyound any of our reaches, IMHO, We think we are getting distracted
      by the little details, No?

      Yes - Hello Jerry and all of us.

      People simply are what they
      are, every incarnation is
      unique and the notion of
      equality (other than as a
      handy legal concept to
      mitigate against injustice)
      is wishful thinking. In
      your idea of equality, what
      exactly is seen as equal?
      Equal height, equal weight,
      equal measurable "IQ"
      intelligence, equal
      artistic ability? Love --
      actual love and not the
      tiny conditioned subset of
      personal love -- has no
      object, it simply is, there
      is no question of declared
      equality, it is there for
      everyone who is open to it.

      a classic nondual limerick

      from andrew:

      There was a young lady from niger
      Who smiled as she rode on a tiger
      They returned from the ride
      With the lady inside
      And the smile on the face of the tiger.

      offered from Melody:

      Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok Rinpoche has said:

      "Due to the degeneration of time, human beings' minds have become more
      complex and deluded in their attachment to the external world. So, this age
      of extreme confusion demands a teaching of comparably extreme power and
      clarity. "

      And as HH Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche stated:

      "Dzogchen is a state, the primordial state, that state of total awakening
      that is the heart-essence of all buddhas and all spiritual paths, and the
      summit of an individual's spiritual evolution. "

      Melody: Would you elaborate a bit on your example:

      Speaking symbolically: can God become Adam,
      >experience a fall, and simultaneously act as Jesus and ressurect itself
      >from the fallen condition that it predestined when it manifested
      >what is finite? This is the wholly Other acting within the Self,
      >beyond the Shadow, to end the dialectical process of Self and Shadow.

      Dan: The "unthinkable" One, being timeless and imageless, has
      simultaneously fallen and ressurected, separated and reunited. This is its
      infinity, undiminished by manifestation of the finite - its purity
      undefiled by seeming limitations - its totality uninterrupted by apparent
      delusions. In fact, it turns out that it was using delusions the whole time
      - to create a basis for liberation, that it was using the Shadow all along
      - to reveal the emptiness of Self. The emptiness of Self reveals the
      wholly Other, which cannot be contained by either the Self or the Shadow.

      The self that is "me," being in time, seeks to defeat the timeless
      movement, to exclude the One, to maintain its erroneous perception that it
      has existence and continuity, its belief that it has somewhere to go,
      somewhere it needs to be. This unreal self, the "fallen" condition of
      being within time, was predestined by the act of manifesting physical
      reality. Physical reality requires time, space, duration, and an observing

      The Other is "the Unnameable" which can act in the self to end the self.
      The Shadow of the Self is the result of the "selfness" which is misused to
      provide a sense of unity. The Shadow thus has a positive function: to
      reveal the limitation of using Selfness as a means to provide unity. Being
      aware of, and using constructively, the energies of this Shadow leads to
      One beyond Self or Shadow. That is, it is the That which is beyond Self or
      Shadow (which I'm calling "Other"), which can fully end false selfness,
      thus revealing the unity of Self and Shadow which your original writing
      implied to me.

      The ending of self is the timeless moment, the moment of no-time in which
      fallenness and ressurection are simultaneous.

      Would you help me to understand what you're saying?
      I'm not sure what you mean by 'wholly Other'?

      Dan: By "wholly Other" I mean that which is absolutely not within
      categories of thought, perception, memory, familiarity. The truly Unknown,
      Unnameable. That which is not representable by any image, experience,
      duration, sensation, or form of knowledge. To say "All is Self," or "All
      is God," without the "entrance" of this Other into oneself is to speak
      meaningless syllables. The Other will act by emptying unreality, by not
      continuing anything that is not of Itself. Thus the entrance of the Other
      is a major shift in the self, making what was comfortable uncomfortable,
      what was uncomfortable comfortable, what was familiar unfamiliar, and what
      was known unknown.

      In other words, any perception, image, or self capable of being maintained
      and continued in time would not be capable of being maintained in the
      activity of this One. If there is a vision of Self that is being used by
      self to maintain its continuity, the entrance of this Other will dispel
      this vision. The foreignness of this Other is related to its ability to
      end the selfness of the self, thus turning the self toward the Other and
      into the Other.

      Finally, the "otherness" of this Other completely ends the instant there is
      no self trying to maintain an existence. In that instant of no
      self-preserving or self-protecting activity there is only the wholly Other,
      thus it is no longer Other.

      Gene: <snip> Seeking 'reality' within the world-dream means to agree to
      world-dream precepts; it is that agreement, which is the 'Faustian bargain'
      that is the trading of _plain self_ for temporal 'authority'.

      Dan: Gene, appreciative thanks for this, & for other recent postings
      regarding the fictionality of apparent realities. You indicate that we can
      be in the world and not of the world.

      Who will own us, the dream-king or the reality-king, will we serve Mammon
      or God? Our voluntary servitude to the wrong ruler can be viewed as
      hypnotic suggestion, genetic heritage, cultural transmission, or karma.
      Regardless of how we explain it, our allegiance to unreality is associated
      with an attempt to preserve the status quo, i.e., survival, continuity, the
      past, our expectations. A key thing to me in this is that the world-dream
      requires that we sacrifice to it: our lives, our thinking, our energy, our
      awareness. This sacrifice is based in denial. Denial of the pain of
      giving up our true being. We avoid waking up so as to avoid the pain from
      which our sleeping now "protects" us. The world-dream is organized so as
      to be inculcated in the vulnerable, maintained through belief, perception
      of belief as perception, and belief that belief is necessary for reality.
      The circular logic of the dream requires us to substitute the past for the
      present, and to be unable to communicate or gain admission to the
      marketplace where we are bought and sold, unless we make this substitution.
      We must account for our past, continually observe ourselves in terms of
      the judgments of the past, negate freedom in the name of freedom, and
      introject the scrutinizing forces to the extent that our self is identified
      with them. The world-dream's version of freedom (i.e., freedom to consume,
      buy, achieve status, gain respect, etc.) is enforced by severe threats and
      penalties for living another version of freedom (i.e., freedom to be, to
      perceive, to feel, to think clearly).

      We find teachings that support our ideas that we are growing, or
      "realized," while we can continue dreaming (at the deepest levels).
      Teachings that invalidate our pain or which inflict additional and
      unnecessary pain are using techniques to maintain the images that continue
      the dream. I view your statements about susceptibility to teachings as
      on-target, particularly in this light - they protect us from really knowing
      the pain we are in.
      It is important to observe, from what is this dream protecting me/us? Upon
      what is this dream playing to gain my allegiance in selling it my soul?

      The Living Nondual Realizer knows no precepts, no laws, only freedom. Such
      a one is free of and immune to any 'teachings' whatsoever. Such a one, may
      enter conversation. In that conversation, all precepts, beliefs, teachings,
      and paths are revealed to be the noise of the activity of mind.

      In the clarity, noise is noise; there is no hierarchy of noise, no noise
      which is better than any other noise. The world-dream debate as to the
      relative superiority of one teaching to another is itself noise. All
      teachings are moot.

      Dan: Perhaps some teachings may genuinely point to the way to end this dream.
      These are teachings offered by those who were willing to end the self, give
      birth to the soul that had been aborted by allegiance to unreality, and who
      had compassion for those lost in trance. They are teachings that don't
      scoff, are not smug, convey respect for the being of all, do not enshrine
      limited human precepts and percepts, do provide an opening for light. Such
      teachings do not treat human suffering lightly or cavalierly. They also do
      not substitute either the teaching or the teacher for Reality. Reality
      itself, as it is, is not a teaching - seeing this clearly, no teaching is
      needed at that point.

      <Alchemy, the combining of two or MORE elements,
      Point being for me so far, I see sooo many opinions,
      yet trapped in the limits of a dualistic conversation (she said then he

      yess same old, old same olddd dead.

      Continuing The Thread: synthesis.

      Sharing this conversation with a fellow heartland dweller just yesterday,
      He said "NonDuality?, I like this...(continuing) That reminds me of a story,
      'The person who turns two into one tells the truth, the person who turns
      one into
      two, lies.'"

      But this is an ancient story, in every book, a it may be the last story.

      Where's the sage amongst us who can follow by integrating ALL?
      Bridge that. IAm ready, are you?

      ...Reality is only the reflection of the self's perceptions, and low, IS
      the best teacher. That's is why
      I keep repeating: GET OVER IT. This is a choice, and perhaps that is a
      teaching. What does one do
      once they realize they want to wake up? Cling to the pillow? Ignore the
      buzzer? What kind of processing are you achieving with your eyes glued shut
      with the pastey sand of yesterday's life?