10/28/01 Sunday

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2001
      Doing Time - The Now is the Now or is it?

      >It can be quite frightening to realize that the Now is not the
      Now and
      never has been.

      Perhaps we can say that the concept 'now' has value in a particular system,
      a particular frame of reference. The reference being what is not now, the
      past and future. We know what we mean by 'now' the same way we know what we
      mean by 'green' for instance. However if I spoke a foreign language then the
      meaning would be missed. Likewise then we know what we mean by 'real',
      'true' at least superficially.

      As I said before in questioning the notion of time one is led to question
      the nature of objectivity and conceptuality itself. Such conceptual notions
      will continue to have value within the same framework which gives value to
      'self' and the subjective element in the objective system. Taoistically I
      suppose one would say 'self and not self mutually arise and are dependent'.

      My curiosity, for better or worse, is to ask, inquire, into what is it like
      to 'experience' without any conceptual framework, to look without any
      conceptual glasses? We may be blinded by our own conceptions, or
      preconceptions. Can the world be ever seen anew? This may be a futile effort
      but I think at least it may alleviate the dogmatism and conflict arising
      therefrom caused by those who know what is right and are fighting it out as
      a result.

      There are two further points to look at simplicity and love. With respect to
      'simplicity' we can look at it the same way and say that
      simplicity/complexity form part of a conceptual system. We may then ask is
      there a simplicity before this system a 'beginners mind' as it were. Again
      with 'love' as an object and as personal means of satisfaction then its
      relevance will be limited and satisfaction will be temporary. So it has been
      asked is there such a thing as 'unconditional love' that would not be
      limited to any particular form. If there is such a thing then it would seem
      clear that commitment to any system, which would be self referential, would
      have to stop.

      Not by coercion but understanding we may be free, and funny if this love we
      searched so hard to get should come for free also.

      A lot of the above needs further development and enquiry of course, but I
      think it represents a start

      Where you going traveller?
      Traveller there is no path
      but the trail of your own footprints.

      excerpt from "Arise"
      The open heart never lays down without falling into itself as
      a lover. Sleep no longer engulfs, but gently undoes the past,
      unwinding all that you need carry no further. When you
      awake to your love, loves eye will open in you, and you shall
      be this light that elucidates you naked to the morning. You
      will be content to be your own answer, and the questions of
      those grown old in themselves with endless self inquiry, will
      appear to you as little poems of awakening that they sing in
      praise of none other but you.

           Be healed by every loving thought.
           Somebody deceived you
           they gave you an idol and told you to kneel.
           Stand up now, and laugh.
           You did this to yourself.
           Pinch yourself awake and smile like God.

      "There is a very easy way to the Buddha. Those who do not create
       various evils; those who do not try to cling to life and death but, with deep
      compassion, work for all beings, respecting
       their elders and sympathizing with those younger; those who do not deny things or
      seek them or think and worry about
       them - they are called the Buddha. Don't look for anything else."

      Silent Heart
      It is often said that if one simply stops the seeking, the wanting,
      Realization will happen. It might be true if the seeking stops spontaneously
      and the mind consciously loses its identity into its Source.

      I wonder whether one can just give up seeking and wanting Realization.

      Probably one cannot give up wanting any "want" until the wanting has waned.
      One can certainly concentrate on wanting "total and complete blissful
      surrender."  Perhaps that is helpful. The fundamental issue is the
      "wanting." Surrender happens when the wanting has waned or has been
      suspended, or one simply has become completely indifferent to all wanting.
      In other words, one has become "wanted out".

      There is a Gate to the Kingdom of Heaven. To approach this Gate, one must be
      a seeker. But the Gate does not open to seekers. And seeking cannot be given
      up by will or effort.

      It happens when you have been waiting and waiting and waiting. Waiting can
      be a form of doing also. Then it is a long wait. You might be doing
      anything. Meditation, Yoga, Pranayama, etc. These are all essentially forms
      of waiting. And waiting can be helpful. It tires you out. It is Grace that
      finally makes us so indifferent to any "seeking" or "wanting",  that we
      forget what we had wanted, why we had wanted it, and what we had been
      waiting for. Here and Now the Primal Being Reveals It Self as Eternal, as
      the very Core of our existence, being Existence It Self. It is the Now-ness,
      the Here-ness, Ever new, the perpetual Silence of fullness and

      To enter the Kingdom of Heaven one must be completely naked and bereft of
      all things. Seekers can approach the Gate but cannot enter.

      There is no path to this entrance because there is no where else to go. It
      is not to be found in the future in some other place. There is no future and
      there is no other place separate from Here and Now. Self can only be known
      in the Present because It Is ItSelf the Present.

      It Is the Total Presence.

      Love to all

      The Salon
      Just a coincidence
       Surely not
      Landing on a planet
      "The Nonduality Salon"
      For what?
      I know not
      For how can I know
      That which I cannot
      That which has brought me here
      For no purpose
      For no reason
      But just to play
      Just to react
      And interact
      Just to make me feel
      What I feel
      And make me think of Nonduality
      Think of Nonduality
      What's that?
      Let me look into my dictionary
      Wait a minute
      There doesn't appear to be such a word
      So I look up Duality
      Twofold: Mind and Spirit
      Evil and Good
      That means it is wholesome
      Unlike Duality
      Full, Wholesome, Unitary
      This Ultimate
      Is what?
      I do not know
      For how can I know
      That which I cannot
      That which has brought me here
      To play the game of dualism
      To understand
      In order to Just Be It
      Or Leave It
      I still do not know.

      Rashmi Moorjani

      DAN & ANDREW
      Doing Time

      > > There is nothing that doesn't appear and disappear.
      > There is nothing that appearing and

      That too.

      > > Who is there to say real or unreal?
      > There is only the real.
      > What isn't real, isn't there.

      Dan, you were the one who spoke of reality and unreality,  when you said, a post ago,
      " > Nothing real can be made to disappear.
      > Only unreality can go away."

      > > Look around; this is the world, changing, always
      > >
      > For whom?
      > Who is looking at the world and
      >   noticing how it changes?
      > You?  Are you
      changing or not?

      Yes me. I am changing, the world is changing,
      we are not two.

      > Always changing compared with

      If I understand you, you are saying that
      change is only inferred by comparing
      the present to the past. Or changing to unchanging.

      Not so...
      The felt aliveness of
      all the worldself is change.

      > > Time is the being of the world.
      > Who's version of time is the
      >   of the world?  Yours, an
      >   a galaxy's?

      I am time, the ant is time, the galaxy is time.

      > > Sometimes it's fun to speak of 'beyond'
      > > but
      come on, who're ya foolin'?
      > > This is it

      > What is it?  What "this" are
      >   talking about?  The concept of
      time isn't "this" ...

      Time is this. The quick, alive, changing :) worldself is this.

      > *Certified correct* by andrew
      > So, uncertify it :-)
      > Uncertify all statements
      >   about reality,