Thursday, October 11

  • jerry@nonduality.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2001
      The following was posted to the I Am list by
      Shankar.

      4 Categories of Affirmations

      We have affirmations about our Guru. In Sanskrit,
      Gu stands for Gunatita. One who is beyond the
      attributes. Of Light, Activity and Inertia. In
      Sanskrit, Ru stands for Rupavarjita. One who is
      devoid of Form. Thus, the Guru is one who is beyond
      attributes and is devoid of Form. Such a One is our
      Guru. Bhagawan Sri Ramana Maharshi.

      And, Sri Bhagawan is always One with the Supreme
      Self. And, which Supreme Self is also the essence.
      Of the One Personal God. Of Hinduism. And, the One
      Formless God. Of Islam and Christianity. Thus, we
      must follow Sri Bhagawan. That too, wholeheartedly.
      And, without entertaining any doubt in our minds.
      Because, that also amounts to following the
      Commandments. Of the One God of the universe.

      Next, we have affirmations about our goal. As set
      out by Sri Bhagawan. So that we do not get
      distracted. By inessential egoistic attractions.
      And, get side-tracked. From our main-pursuit of
      Self-Enquiry. To attain our goal of
      Self-Realisation. These affirmations describe the
      Glory of the Self. And thus, inspire us heavily.
      And, keep us persisting in Self-Enquiry. Despite
      apparent difficulties.

      Then, we have affirmations about our method of
      spiritual effort. As set out by Sri Bhagawan. That
      is, about Self-Enquiry. These affirmations throw
      light upon it. And, clarify it. "When you are on
      your beds, search your hearts and be silent"
      (Psalms 4:4, Old Testament, The Holy Bible)

      Finally, we have affirmations about our daily life.
      As given by Sri Bhagawan. About the attitudes we
      must possess in our daily life. About the
      understanding we must have. In relation to the
      events that may happen to us. As respects our outer
      life circumstances. These protect us from being
      unduly moved or shaken. By favourable or untoward
      happenings. And, help us to persist in
      Self-Enquiry.

      The formation of our conscious mind. Until our
      attaining to the teens. Through the affirmations
      proceeding from the group mind. And, its impact on
      our subconscious. And, then our spiritual
      Affirmations. Using our Will Power. After attaining
      to the teens. Through our conscious mind. To
      reprogram the subconscious. So as to remove the
      obstacles to Self-Enquiry.

      These will follow in the next e-mail. And then,
      will follow the actual translation of the text 'Sri
      Ramana Padha Pancharathnam'.

      Yours in Sri Bhagawan
      RK Sankar

      MICHAEL READ

      Need to contemplate the vastness and beauty of the
      universe?

      Take a look here.

      http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

      Whichever direction one points, one points to
      infinity. Take yourself out doors of a starry night
      and look up. The moon and the stars and the streaks
      of fire. What a show!

      You are one with that vastness - that infinite
      granduer. What bother to imagine otherwise? All
      that can be seen is a fraction of what is. What a
      treat!

      HAFIZ
      (contributed by Gloria Lee)

      http://nonduality.com/hafiz2.htm

      JAN BARENDRECHT

      when fire hits the woods
      all the trees will burn
      like hell these pines can survive

      life is like a fire
      burns to ashes what is born
      so what does survive?

      ERIC ASHFORD

      RETURNING

      Sometimes we are called to retune the music of the
      heart. That a poignant sadness, can once again
      sweeten us. We should not consider this a contrary
      movement of our spirit. For the soul knows what it
      needs, in order to clear the weeds from our path.

      The wave crest that glints and flashes in the
      bright air, knows that the spire of its urgency to
      be, must inevitably return to the hollowing, where
      the oceans impulse rises. Sometimes a simple tune,
      played on an old fiddle, reminds us that joy is a
      symphony of many melodies, none more celestial than
      the other. The love song needs to return to find
      the earth of this longing, to rediscover the
      counterpart of a recurring theme.

      Love must sing once more a solitary motif, born on
      the night wind, to be the haunting of itself.
      Sometimes we need to be homeless in order to be
      home. To commemorate the passage and passing, of
      this soul-moving way of the wind, as it plays
      though the lonely heart.

      This ghost dancing with God is a rest and renewal
      that lovers need, that they find repose in the
      pause between one movement and another. A sweet
      abeyance to be the sadness of love in the arms of
      love. These retreats are a hospice for the heart,
      that new tendrils of desire can be woven again into
      a more translucent fugue from the dissolution of
      unfinished symphonies.

      There must be a breaking down of that which can no
      longer be used in, in order for the soul to respond
      more intimately to the next chord that love
      creates. Just as the summer unwinds itself to fall,
      we fall into this recovering rhythm for the
      regeneration of a sacred flowing.

      When the vine of this ardor we have, overgrows
      itself with too many entanglements, the Gardener
      levels us nearer to the root, that the fruit that
      comes forth will be more bearable to Her lovers.
      This fallowing term is our souls endearment to its
      truth. Embrace this disjoining, knowing that the
      foundation is pregnant with new beginnings. That
      though the song maybe a loneliness in you for a
      little while, it is a gift you are given, that you
      can synthesize fresh elation from the music of
      simplicity.

      This returning, is our time to be taken apart in
      the wind of Gods desire. Love must surrender you to
      the tempo of the soul, to be the music of its
      transition. This plaintive singing is our abiding
      power. Do not think it a retreat or a loss. It is
      re-creation of a divine melody in you that will set
      you free.

             Every soul has a magical place
             where the mind can rest
             like a raindrop......