Wednesday, October 10

  • jerry@nonduality.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2001
      GENE POOLE AND JOHN METZGER

      Greetings, ALL...

      Here is my latest NDS logo.

      If anyone wishes to submit a logo or other NDS
      related graphic, feel free to place it in the
      'FILES' section of the Yahoo! NDS webpage.

      I have created a special folder there for that
      purpose; it is titled

      "NDS Logos and graphics"

      See new (and old) logos at
      http:nonduality.com/logos.htm

      GARY MERRILL

      RELATIONSHIP

      Does anything exists outside of relationship?
      The good to the bad
      The right to the wrong
      Me to you.

      Is there any independent existence then?
      Can I exist without you?
      Does the Muslim exist without the Jew?
      Is relating to you a way of affirming me?

      Our life, our world is only relationship then.
      A longing for completion, pleasure
      A fear of completion, pain.

      How does it feel.........
      in relation to oneself
      in relation to another

      Is there a boundary between us
      outside of our mind?

      What is the possibility of love
      if not this very relationship?

      DAN BERKOW

        Existence and non-existence are
         inevitable relationship, requiring
         and inventing "mind" to seemingly
         "behold the relationship" ...

        So, yes, there is only *that* which
         is beyond relationship, in which
         there exists nothing, nor in which
         there is any nonexistence.

        Relationship inevitably "seems" to
          happen, just as a "believing mind"
          is required to "make the scene" ...

        It is the "force of infinity" that
          requires relationship to seem to happen.

      SHANKAR (from the I AM list)

      FOUR CATEGORIES OF AFFIRMATIONS

      We have affirmations about our Guru. In Sanskrit,
      Gu stands for Gunatita. One who is beyond the
      attributes. Of Light, Activity and Inertia. In
      Sanskrit, Ru stands for Rupavarjita. One who is
      devoid of Form. Thus, the Guru is one who is beyond
      attributes and is devoid of Form. Such a One is our
      Guru. Bhagawan Sri Ramana Maharshi.

      And, Sri Bhagawan is always One with the Supreme
      Self. And, which Supreme Self is also the essence.
      Of the One Personal God. Of Hinduism. And, the One
      Formless God. Of Islam and Christianity. Thus, we
      must follow Sri Bhagawan. That too, wholeheartedly.
      And, without entertaining any doubt in our minds.
      Because, that also amounts to following the
      Commandments. Of the One God of the universe.

      Next, we have affirmations about our goal. As set
      out by Sri Bhagawan. So that we do not get
      distracted. By inessential egoistic attractions.
      And, get side-tracked. From our main-pursuit of
      Self-Enquiry. To attain our goal of
      Self-Realisation. These affirmations describe the
      Glory of the Self. And thus, inspire us heavily.
      And, keep us persisting in Self-Enquiry. Despite
      apparent difficulties.

      Then, we have affirmations about our method of
      spiritual effort. As set out by Sri Bhagawan. That
      is, about Self-Enquiry. These affirmations throw
      light upon it. And, clarify it. "When you are on
      your beds, search your hearts and be silent"
      (Psalms 4:4, Old Testament, The Holy Bible)

      Finally, we have affirmations about our daily life.
      As given by Sri Bhagawan. About the attitudes we
      must possess in our daily life. About the
      understanding we must have. In relation to the
      events that may happen to us. As respects our outer
      life circumstances. These protect us from being
      unduly moved or shaken. By favourable or untoward
      happenings. And, help us to persist in
      Self-Enquiry.

      The formation of our conscious mind. Until our
      attaining to the teens. Through the affirmations
      proceeding from the group mind. And, its impact on
      our subconscious. And, then our spiritual
      Affirmations. Using our Will Power. After attaining
      to the teens. Through our conscious mind. To
      reprogram the subconscious. So as to remove the
      obstacles to Self-Enquiry.

      These will follow in the next e-mail. And then,
      will follow the actual translation of the text 'Sri
      Ramana Padha Pancharathnam'.

      Yours in Sri Bhagawan
      RK Sankar

      ERIC ASHFORD

      SATSANG OF THE HEART

      No one can live apart, from the satsangh of the
      heart. For your generation, is born of itself from
      the children that love creates. Each child the
      progeny of the mothering, that births you into
      loves communion. Without this intercourse, the seed
      sleeps in the ground, mute within the ice crystal.

      Move your reason into the neighborhood of the
      phoenix. Gather your homeless children, into the
      ovum of the universe, and bathe in the pool of
      loves home in you. The whole spiritual way is to
      find this abode and stay there until you can fly
      with the wings that only love unfolds.

      First there must be a prodigal returning. This
      homecoming is a knocking upon a door, that has been
      your frozen kingdom. You have put a spell on
      yourself. The princess sleeps in the castle while
      her lover sought the sun elsewhere. Yet this door
      you closed upon the heart is only the frost of a
      long winter of sleep. It can be melted. The key to
      any opening is to know there is no door.

      There is a brittleness encasing every neglected
      heart, that only a longing to be your own heart
      warming can soften. Just one ember of desire can be
      lit with the breath of this longing. Work to melt
      this chill, with a constant and passionate fire.
      Soften this threshold by calling to the heart
      behind it. Nothing can withstand the love song of
      two lovers remembering their one love.

      There is a portal in the body of the soul, that is
      one with a constellation of devoted gods that would
      love you as themselves. Fall into that void, as you
      would fall into the arms of a pantheon of lovers.
      Seek out the cosmology of love, and name each
      divinity your love child.

      This is our household, our affectionate
      inhabitance. From this shinning and indwelling, we
      move outward, dressed in the cloth of love. Arrayed
      with the signs of loves home in us. We have awoken
      the sun and it shines through the transparency of
      the world.

      When you live in the community of the heart, the
      Beloved will claim you. She will come live within
      you as the sweetest of song birds, to alight on any
      branch you consent to share with her. You shall be
      her eye in the hearts of others, knowing there is
      no other but you, as the song of Her love.

      There are those who believe
      they are orphans in this world.
      Will you not sing to them?
      Gods voice rings in your heart,
      and it is your eternal call.

      You have the heart of Jesus.
      Touch once the hem of loves garment,
      and the sores of regret shall be healed.
      Seek that inward Messiah.
      and share a cup of union with the Beloved,
      who invites you to be Her.

      --
      http://nonduality.com
      http://nonduality.net