9/28/01 Friday

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2001
      *********************************

      ERIC ASHFORD
      The Work of Love

      Soul working is the only work we can really do. For
      whatever manifests from that workspace, is the reality of
      ourselves. It is important to understand that this science
      does not make anything though, it just initiates the
      conscious creator into the art of creation.

      Creation does not invent. It does not put together two
      concepts to make three or any multiplication. It does not
      seek to be a repeatable concept that holds itself up as our
      truth. It is as the ancients say- an alchemy. A
      metamorphosis of one state of being into another.

      First though, the laboratory must be found, and this is the
      great enigma, for the soul does not exist as an integral
      structure. It is a bridge that is realized only by walking
      upon it. Each experimental step we take, forms another
      span of conscious extension from one arch of becoming to
      the next. Yet, lets not think of segments, but of how the
      sunset is a bridge to the sunrise. Light allows darkness to
      give birth to new daylight by dying to itself.

      Thus our workshop is a crucible of conscious space we
      provide for ourselves in order to work with the imagination
      of trust. Trust is the melting pot forged by our willingness to
      cease from invention, in order to transmute into unknown
      creation. A fire that we must breathe upon with the breath
      of desire. This desire is our catalyst. It is the potential of the
      soul, just as night is the potential for day.

      When we speak of abiding within the heart of love, we are
      saying that we are willing to be both the bellows and the
      breath of creation. Not a soul maintained by immutable
      truth, but the spirit of God investigating the reality of two in
      One. This wind of change becomes our wings. Just as a
      butterfly absorbs itself in the cocoon, desiring flight from
      the death of its former limitations.

      Life is not death. For death has no function but to
      illuminate eternal life. The work of the soul is to absorb its
      assumed realities in the fire of transcendence. It loves itself
      enough, to die to itself, and so it becomes the works of love.
      The very expression of God in us.

           There is a wine that only lovers drink.
           It has been fermented and brought forth
           through infinite realms of  you and I.
           Learn to drink this secretly
           in the cavern of the heart.
           Being Gods thirst
           we become One drink.

      Love

      eric.

      All works and compositions found on the page submitted by
      ErcAshfrd@... Are the Copyright of  E. J. Ashford.

      CAROLINE
      Truth beyond any statement

      ONION-PEELINGS
      The Universe is the Practical Joke of the General at the Expense of
      the Particular, quoth FRATER PERDURABO, and laughed.
      But those disciples nearest to him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow.
      Those next to them laughed, seeing the Universal Joke.
      Below these certain disciples wept.
      Then certain laughed.
      Others next wept.
      Others next laughed.
      Next others wept.
      Next others laughed.
      Last came those that wept because they could not see the Joke, and
      those that laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke,
      and thought it safe to act like FRATER PERDURABO.
      But though FRATER PERDURABO laughed openly, He also at the same time
      wept secretly; and in Himself He neither laughed nor wept.
      Nor did He mean what He said.

      From Aleister Crowley's "Book of Lies"

      CAROLINE

      On September 2, 2001 at 10:14:45 AM, Gregory Goode
      wrote:

      < (...)
      < (i) there ain't no such thing as a jivamukti, or
      <
      < (ii) there is only one jivamukti in existence, or
      <
      < (iii) jivamuktis have some individuality of some kind
      < (...)
      < If you deny (iii), you rob yourself of any means of
      < distinguishing Ramana from Buddha or whoever else you count as a
      < jivamukti.
      < There's an old philosophical saying in the Western tradition,
      < "Indiscernibles are identical."

      And what if both (ii) and (iii) were true? What for would you want to
      distinguish Ramana from Buddha from Jesus Christ from Nisargadatta
      from whoever else if their worth comes precisely from their jivamukti
      condition and so they are only there as witnesses conveying the
      message of universal unity? (as we all should understand we are)

      "You are everywhere,
      "Forever free.
      "
      "Forever and truly free,
      "The single witness of all things.
      "
      "But if you see yourself as separate,
      "Then you are bound.

      (from Gita.txt)

      Anybody can be right, given the proper point of view...  :- )
      With Love,
      Caroline

      XAN

      ~ One more thing beginners mind doesn't do:
      Make long lists of what it doesn't do.

      GARY MERRILL

      Ouch!
      but,  but,

      Beginners mind doesn't know what's right or wrong;
      Beginners mind doesn't know how serious it is;

      Gary
      (two's company three's a list)

      TONY O'CLERY
      West's debt to Islam and Afganistan

      Namaste All,

      Whilst the West was wallowing in the dark ages, Islam was flourishing.
      One of the greatest if not the greatest mystic poet, Jalaluddin Rumi
      was an Afghani, b 1207.

      These Sufis added a mystic dimension to Islam which carried the writ
      from India to Spain.

      Without the tolerance and scholarship of the Arabs there would have
      been no renaissance in Europe. No scholasticism either, for all the
      greek texts were preserved in Arabic, after being lost to the West.

      The Jews also owe a great debt to the tolerance of the Muslims, that
      allowed them to explore their beliefs, with people like Maimonides
      etc.

      So the likes of Ibn Arabi of Spain are the ones whose knowledge and
      mysticims travelled over the pyrenees into a barbaric Europe.

      'He makes plain to the pilgrim, the secrets of the Way of Unity and
      unveils the Mysteries of the Path of Eternal Truth.' Dr Samuel Johnson
       on Rumi and his Masnavi.

      ONS......Tony.