9/21/01 Friday

  • glee@citlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2001
      ************

      *******************
      YOGINI SAKTI re: ILLUSION WARNING

      From what I have seen, maya is being translated here as
      "illusion".
      Maya & illusion are NOT one in the same. It is not even a close
      translation.

      Maya is "She who Measures", or "mirific energy". Maya is the
      principle of manifestation, or ever-changing matter. It also
      means, "consisting of", or "made of". To call it "illusion" is both
      incorrect & limiting. To call it "illusion" is to show how bereft of
      such concepts the English language is.

      As a non-dualist, maya is relative reality in contrast to Absolute
      Reality.

      Maya merely reflects, like a mirror, the Absolute. This means
      that
      each of us are reflections of the Absolute; just as everything on
      this planet is. But like most reflections, it is not pure, or not
      true to the original.

      Om Santi ...
      Yogini Sakti

      *******************
      GARY MERRILL

      > Maya is "She who Measures"

      Sounds like "She who Must be Obeyed"!
      I was married to her once :-)

      Light,
      Gary.

      ***************
      MICHAEL READ

      Maya merely reflects, like a mirror, the Absolute. This means
      that
      > each of us are reflections of the Absolute; just as everything on
      > this planet is. But like most reflections, it is not pure, or not
      > true to the original.

      put aside the ideas of pure and relative and true
      all there is - is all there is
      nothing is left out
      nothing is excluded
      not even the pretense that there is something to do
      and someone to do it

      loveya - michael

      *************
      GARY MERRILL

      OK, now I started this Illusion Warning and its about time I came
      clean.

      There is no Illusion, it was a hoax.

      So all the people that gave up their illusions, you are safe to go
      back to
      your realites now.

      And all the people who knew it was a hoax and didn't give up
      their realities
      (we know who you are) you can carry on saying 'I told you so'.

      Love,
      Tweedle Dumb

      ******************
      JAN B.

      Dialogue - A proposal
      By David Bohm, Donald Factor and Peter Garrett

      http://www.muc.de/~heuvel/dialogue/dialogue_proposal.html

      **********
      TONY O'CLERY

      Daily Words of the Buddha
      September 21, 2001

      He should not kill a living being,
      nor cause it to be killed,
      nor should he incite another to kill.
      Do not injure any being, either strong or weak, in the world.

      Sutta Nipata II,14

      **********
      Subject:  God practising His dropkick - Hafiz

      TIRED OF SPEAKING SWEETLY

      Love wants to reach out and manhandle us,
      Break all our teacup talk of God.

      If you had the courage and
      Could give the Beloved His choice, some nights,
      He would just drag you around the room
      By your hair,
      Ripping from your grip all those toys in the world
      That bring you no joy.

      Love sometimes gets tired of speaking sweetly
      And wants to rip to shreds
      All your erroneous notions of truth

      That make you fight within yourself, dear one,
      And with others,

      Causing the world to weep
      On too many fine days.

      God wants to manhandle us,
      Lock us inside of a tiny room with Himself
      And practice His dropkick.

      The Beloved sometimes wants
      To do us a great favor:

      Hold us upside down
      And shake all the nonsense out.

      But when we hear
      He is in such a playful drunken mood
      Most everyone I know
      Quickly packs their bags and hightails it
      Out of town.

      ( The Gift by Hafiz. trans. Daniel Ladinsky)

      ______________________
      With Love,
      Cyber Dervish
      ````````````````````````````````````````

      *****************
      TONY O'CLERY

      Namaste All,

      My late father served on the NW Frontier/Peshawar as an officer
      in the
      Indian Army,( now Pakistan), a lot of Irish did.

      Once after a battle in the N Africa, where Indian troops had
      helped
      defeat the enemy, my father was escorting some Italian
      prisoners of
      war out to ships for transhipment. One fellow was quite pleased
      with
      his treatment, that he gave my father an Islamic ring from N
      Africa.
      He told my father it was a talisman and would protect him etc.

      Back in Peshawar my father was involved in actions against the
      Pathans
      in the NW,and Afghanistan. He said they were very tough and
      every
      child could shoot like a marksman, and live and march on
      nothing.

      One occasion they were collecting donations to the war effort in
      Europe, and the village headman told my father. I hope you buy
      better
      planes to bomb the Germans than you use to bomb us.

      On another occasion they went into a village that had just
      recently
      fought the Ghurkas, and it had been bloody. At this point my
      father's
      life was in great danger and he and his comrades were being
      beaten in
      a circle. Fortunately the headman noticed the Islamic ring, my
      father
      was wearing and put the beatings to a stop. No doubt they were
      bemused
      by an Islamic ring on an Irishman, but as the Italian POW, said,
      'it
      will protect you.'

      This is how important hospitality and religion is to the
      Pathans/Aghans. I do not envy any soldiers going into their
      territory....Peace and jaw jaw jaw, is better than war
      war war, as Churchill said...ONS....Tony.

      *************************
      XAN

      >Subject: Re: What is the Anti-Christ?

      ~ It strikes me this much-used term may have come from a mis-
      print.
      What if someone oh-so-long-ago was talking about the ante-
      christ...
      the space one gets into just before realizing the divine is their
      own Self.

      Xan