9/20/01 Thursday

  • glee@citlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2001
      ************

      ***********

      JERRY KATZ

      "Ahhhhh,
      I got kin in that body!
      I should start inviting that soul over
      For coffee and
      Rolls."

      I worked in Zucky's deli with the greatest sandwich man of all
      time. Duke. He was a legend in L.A. We had this sandwich
      called the 'Number 6'. It was four meals in one. A double triple
      decker deli sandwich on rye with every delectible ingredient.
      He'd put it together in no time, deliver the plate to the pick-up
      counter with a slide and a bounce, ring a bell, and in his tough
      voice shout 'Pick up. God's sandwich.'

      --Jerry

      ************
      XAN SENDS

      This is an idea.. feel free to distribute it)
      >http://www.boojum.com/Butterbombs.html

      58928

      58933

      ********************
      RON PERRYMORE

      It seems to me that the intent to self moderate...that is, to not hurt
      another
      with immoderate words is a stance worth adopting.

      A loose, fairly uncontracted identity has no problem with self
      moderation, he
      or she sees the truth of being unconcerned for the `mote in my
      brothers eye'
      and although thresholds are reached when fools make posts..it
      is perhaps a more
      subtle understanding to see that `a fool who persists in folly will
      eventually
      become wise'.

      Hey, it could happen.

      Only moderately foolish,

      Ron

      *************
      MICHAEL READ "you are all on moderation"

      Why? Simply because you keep looking outward to find what is
      inward.
      Until you turn inward and open up to what is there you will
      continue
      to think about how the 'other' is progressing or not.

      While on moderation you will continue to:

      1. Fantasize about 'your' enlightenment.

      2. Intellectualize and reason until you think you have it all figured
      out. Only to be dream up another explanation when the old one
      doesn't
      fit anymore.

      3. Worship what you believe in even though it is more to do with
      your
      beliefs than reality.

      4. Have wonderful dreams about the real reality.

      5. Continue to congratulate yourself on how clever you are.

      6. Continue to weigh the 'awakening' level of others.

      7. Generally piss and moan and whine because of where you
      believe you
      are on your path.

      8. Make it up as you go along never realising how you contradict
      yourselves at every turn.

      9. etc. etc. etc.

      And you are missing out on one whale of a party.

      Love eternally - Michael

      ****************************
      GEORGE KANAPICKI ...INTRO

      Hello, Everyone.

      My first post. Could I ask, to anyone that feels like answering:

      when one wakes up to the fact that one's attention is turning to
      the
      concept of non-duality, (almost unintentionally) what does one
      do
      next?

      I know I'm not stupid, just lost. Last time I noticed, I had 24
      hours in my day and when I go to sleep tonight, chances are I'll
      wake
      up tomorrow morning. After that happens, what next? I have
      these
      arms and legs and most everything else I should, so what do I
      do (or
      not do) with them. You know what I mean? If this is about some
      kind
      of shift, I need a nudge(?) in the right direction.

      Thanks.

      George

      KHELAYA

      Welcome George,