Thursday, September 13

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15 4:33 AM
      CEE

      om my love,

      i have been really on fire thinking about our
      conversation last night. really profound i think.
      it fits in with some conversations we have been
      having at s.a.t. about finding the Source of
      Happiness. it is such a simple and seemingly stupid
      statement to say that happiness is found within.
      but only the truly wise know the true meaning of
      this simple statement! almost everyone is addicted
      to something. one drug or another, or some people
      use purity and righteousness as their drug of
      choice. now i am calling a drug anything that is
      outside oneself. and you have to make a self to
      find something outside your self and want it. we
      want it so we can become whole again. get the warm
      and fuzzy love-feeling going with (and usually
      from) "the other". this is the mood of human
      suffering. making a self, and looking for happiness
      for that self. with money, food, lovers, purity,
      drugs, ------------- whatever works- (temporarily,
      and then we need more ad diction).

      obviously nothing temporary ever "works" for true
      happiness and wholeness. finding unity is a
      terrible strife for the separate entity. we never
      quite make it to the unity hotel. hehe -- because
      we are assuming we are separate!

      so this is where renunciation comes in. renouncing
      all our drugs, yes. but more importantly renouncing
      the first and foremost drug of choice, the "I". the
      lie. the false identity. the separate someone. the
      body. the mind and all its amazing array of
      illusion.

      i am reminded of something dan berkowitz from
      nonduality salon said once about his
      "enlightenment"--he said, "i took risks". the risk
      we must take is to not rely on anything 'other' for
      our happiness. the risk is to actually relinquish
      our addiction to making a separate self. the risk
      is giving up all temporary means to happiness and
      abiding as the Source of Happiness -- our own
      existence.

      and what a Source it is! unfounded Bliss! eternal
      Peace. Nonduality! my own perfect blemishless Self!
      mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

      love and kisses eternally, cee

      --------------------------

      "Realization of the Self is the greatest help that
      can be rendered to humanity. Therefore, the saints
      are said to be helpful, though they remain in
      forests. The help is imperceptible but it is still
      there. A saint helps the whole of mankind, unknown
      to them."

      Sri Ramana Maharshi

      JAN BARENDRECHT

      "The only solution is Ahimsa---Peace."

      And how do you propose to shift human consciousness
      to this level? --xan

      Good question - consistency regarding love and
      compassion. To this mind, as a country, the USA is
      far from a good example - read this UN document and
      eventually, the other resolutions mentioned in
      it.... No more questions isn't it?

      http://domino.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/be25c7c81949e71a052567270057c82b/aa73b02d9b0d8fdc852560e50074cc33?OpenDocument

      YOGINI SHAKTI

      The entire universe is a whirling flow of change &
      activity. This is the Great Dance.

      All the world is sacred. Galaxies soar in movement,
      atoms swirl in movement. All movement is the Great
      Dance.

      When we fight this movement & think it should be
      other that it is, we Dance reluctantly, stubbornly,
      holding ourselves in restraint.

      There are Great Truths that must be searched for &
      understood in relation to self. We must accept what
      is & not wish to be otherwise. Once we can do this,
      we Dance with the sacred flow that surrounds us.

      We Dance with acceptance of praise & blame, joy &
      sorrow, prosperity & adversity .. all in
      equanimity.

      Find the Great Dancer who is both within & with
      out, & you will have cut through the bonds of
      ignorance.

      Om Santi ...
      Yogini Sakti

      GREG GOODE

      Hello all,

      You might see it in the news. Bomb threat at Grand
      Central Station, Manhattan, New York. I work in the
      short skyscraper right above it. Many people
      evacuated, and it was left as an individual choice.
      Some stayed, some left. The police just announced
      that no bomb or other suspicious item was found,
      and Grand Central has been re-opened.

      Terrorist activities, and the safety and security
      measures that arise from them, are things that
      other countries have lived and struggled with for
      many years. Perhaps the U.S. can learn from their
      experiences. Yesterday, only 10% of the workforce
      came to work in our building ("Non-essential staff,
      do not report to work"). We all had to check in at
      the front security desk to get on to the elevator.
      I noticed that everyone did this quite willingly,
      even though on normal days we stream directly onto
      the elevators. People will gladly trade some
      comforts to achieve more safety.

      GENE POOLE

      AHIMSA AND OTHER SOLUTIONS

      Greetings, ALL

      How is it that "we" continue to seek 'solutions'?

      I could say (and this can be argued) that the
      'collective karma' of humanity, necessitates a
      complete and unedited unfoldment of what has not
      been dealt with previously (historically).

      I personally refer to this unfolding of the
      collective karma of humanity, as 'the world-dream'.
      It is (merely? Yes.) one of several possible 'ways'
      or levels in which to dwell, or by which to 'see'.

      Like the script of a movie, the events of the
      world-dream become somewhat predictable, if the
      movie is watched very carefully.

      On the personal level, attachment blinds one to the
      ability to see all of the movie; thus, attachment
      itself is an editor, whose works necessitate
      playing the movie over and over, until the missing
      parts of the plot can finally be seen.

      When the missing parts have been reinserted,
      patterns are revealed (and they are not that hard
      to see, in my experience) which allow the
      perspicacious viewer to be able to predict 'what
      will happen next', and more importantly, 'why what
      has happened, has happened'.

      Viewing the world-dream can be taken as a hobby, or
      as a necessity, or even as hellish punishment.

      Beware of excessive preoccupation with the events
      of the world-dream. Beware of identification with
      and/or as, any character, form, or trend within the
      world-dream. The world- dream is merely one level
      of possibility in the vast field which is reality.

      Running concurrent with the world-dream, are many
      other dimensions' of possibility. It is possible to
      learn to move between dimensions of experience.

      What we call 'attachment' is an anchor to a fixed
      way of Being.

      Possibly, the most powerful anchor, the one that is
      the most difficult to cut loose, is the adoption of
      a way of Being which is _in defensive or protective
      reaction_ to events perceived to occur in the
      world-dream. This is very clear to me, but there
      are those who will argue 'logically and with heart'
      that my 'position vis-a-vis protective reaction' is
      a defective one.

      Clearly, identification as a character within the
      world-dream is a problem, a problem which exists in
      a field of possibility of choice. Choice includes
      non-attachment; ergo, no identification, and thus
      no anchor-point to the world-dream.

      It is not only defense-reaction in itself which
      anchors to the world-dream, but also each, every,
      and all 'solutions' which are compounded
      defensively in reaction to the world-dream.

      This includes 'salvatory ways' such as 'ahimsa',
      and every other prescriptive and proscriptive
      strategy to 'fix what is wrong' with the
      world-dream.

      The point "here" is to ken the difference between
      fixing what cannot be fixed (the collective karma
      of humanity), and the other alternative, to be
      selfish and be Okay in yourself.

      As a point of logic, I will say this:

      "If everyone was selfish and Okay in themselves,
      the flavor of the world-dream would change
      radically".

      I must state however, that I am not advocating
      'being selfish and Okay within yourself' as a means
      of fixing what cannot be fixed. Even if the
      world-dream could be fixed, its purpose would go on
      and on, exactly as it does now.

      (According to Biblical information, God ejected
      Lucifer precisely BECAUSE Lucifer was not mature
      enough to grok the schema which God had put into
      place for the benefit of all sentient Beings.
      Lucifer, concerned for a 'suffering humanity',
      criticized Gods 'ways and means'.)

      Lucifer did not comprehend what God was about.

      So it is with contemporary would-be saviours, and
      others who compound or promulgate sweet-sounding
      'fixes' for what seems to be wrong. The only thing
      wrong, is that the person driven by idealism, sees
      something to be wrong.

      That very behaviour is itself, 'the sin of
      Lucifer', and like Lucifer, God "casts" such
      'sinners' 'in hell'.

      ***

      The formula:

      Be with God = no sin (no misunderstanding)

      Try to fix the world-dream = be in hell (a cast
      of billions!)

      Please keep in mind, that there is NO WAY fix what
      is NOT WRONG.

      ***

      Now for a very daring exposition!

      First, the definitions:

      Solution = more than one thing, mixed together;
      compound; admixture.

      Absolute = nothing in solution; pure; one thing
      only, no admixture.

      Next, the experimental tentative conclusion:

      Perhaps from God's POV, the world-dream is the
      'only solution'.

      We as incarnate humans have a certain challenge,
      which we can face or not. This challenge can be
      understood to be the choice between two basic ways
      of Being:

      _1 Accept God's 'solution', the world-dream (To
      Abide)

      _2 Fight against what seems to be wrong (Idealism)

      If #2, we are 'cast in hell' (eg, 'cast' as in the
      cast of a movie)

      If #1, we are in communion-ication with God.

      God communicates with us here in hell; God does
      this by means of imposing certain patterns, which
      may be taken as 'clues'. Thus, the world-dream may
      be seen as a product of God (Maya).

      This broadband broadcast of the
      world-dream/hell/samsara/Maya is always available,
      we can tune in to it at any time.

      Like when watching a dramatic movie, we can slip
      into identification with the events of the movie.
      We are able to perfectly and seamlessly 'fit' into
      a role, called identity.

      Identity is the most ephemeral of all aspects of
      the world-dream; fragile, and fraught with illogic,
      which would disqualify it, if seen as it is. Yet,
      it is the very fragile nature of identity, which
      elicits such massive defensive support, by means of
      gearing immunity to defend it as though it were a
      vital and necessary part of Being.

      Now, the logical contradiction of this situation is
      this; without identity, there is no need for
      defense (against events of the world-dream).

      As long as identity persists as the center of Being
      (the 'idea of me'), the way of Being will be
      unremitting defense; the world-dream will NOT go
      away.

      The world-dream will be the stage upon which
      fragile identity must stand, showered with decaying
      fruits and vegetables hurled by an unappreciative
      audience. The slings and arrows of outrageous
      fortune pierce to the very heart!

      As has been stated many times, identification with
      and as a 'body' can be very problematic.
      Identification with and as a 'body of beliefs' can
      be very problematic. Identification with 'others'
      who themselves identify as 'bodies with beliefs'
      can be very problematic, especially if we assume
      that these 'others' with their misunderstandings,
      need to be saved from their own 'ignorance'.

      If on the other hand, we are selfish and accept the
      Gift of God, we will have quite a different
      attitude.

      The Gift of God is 'Eternal Life' in 'Heaven', no
      defense necessary.

      MICHAEL READ

      To reach for the divine is not without passion.
      To reach the divine one strives to be without passion.

      To find the immortal one must be passionately moved.
      As the smithy learns the heat of the fire
      And gives the body into well learned action
      Does the steel mold itself to the passion of the smithy
      Who does but an hour's worth of good labor

      huh? hahahahah!

      I pray with the power of power for mine enemy.
      I will set them visions of weeping
      Show them thier own heart is breaking
      Even when they have set their minds to terrible purpose.
      To pray
      To set before and offer
      As a gift freely given
      So much so that is can ever be given again and again.

      I pray for their hearts to be broken
      Broken open and beseeching the lord
      To stop the pain of their bloody deeds
      Burning there in the heart of sweet reason
      For the unreasoning acts they have done.

      For them I will open the burning door of love
      Invite them in to real rest
      For mine enemy will i gladly put down my life.

      What else could i offer?
      My blood may be drained out
      And my bones ground to powder
      My flesh left for vultures and rats
      Utterly destroyed though i may seem
      My love will always be there.

      It is who i am
      My nature
      I am there in the shadows
      Where tears do fall.
      And there in the rising dew
      Of this good good earth.

      I praise and honor the one who made this.

      Look for that one in a speck and there in a mountain.
      Each is filled by that one
      And stars whirl through
      The galactic ballet in the one.

      My tongue is dry from shouting the love and glory of the one
      Thanks be to the one who set me here down in this place
      You are everything to me
      Mother Father Child
      Yet you are as nothing when passions caress is turned away.

      Praise for the passionate giver of life.

      XAN

      "Ahimsa is the only path to self-realization."

      ~ Uh oh!   Not another *ONLY* way idea to be clung to....  : -)