Friday, September 7

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2001
      MICHAEL GALAHAD AND JAN BARENDRECHT

      ºHey Jan.
      º
      ºFree you from your form like an image in a stone? Done my old friend. Now,
      ºwhat is this road to freedom that you seek and how may I help you along
      ºthat
      ºjourney?
      º
      ºI am not God. I am Jesus.

      There isn't a road and if Jesus would hold a
      roadshow here i wouldn't attend even if the drinks
      were free. And i'm not seeking as whatever to be
      found could not possibly add something worthwhile.
      But if you insist on helping, pay the internet
      bills - they're high! :)

      DAN BERKOW

      Jan Sultan contributed:
      Many spiritual seekers get "stuck" in emptiness, in
      the absolute, in transcendence. They cling to
      bliss, or peace, or indifference. When the
      self-centered motivation for living disappears,
      many seekers become indifferent. They see the
      perfection of all existence and find no reason for
      doing anything, including caring for themselves or
      others. I call this "taking a false refuge." It is
      a very subtle egoic trap; it's a fixation in the
      absolute and all unconscious form of attachment
      that masquerades as liberation. It can be very
      difficult to wake someone up from this deceptive
      fixation because they literally have no motivation
      to let go of it. Stuck in a form of divine
      indifference, such people believe they have reached
      the top of the mountain when actually they are
      hiding out halfway up its slope.

      - Adyashanti

      The one who is on top of the mountain
        speaks to the one who is half-way
        up, about how stuck the other one is.

      The one on top knows something that the
        one half-way only thinks he or she knows.

      The one half-way up now is convinced to
        go to retreats, meditate harder,
        look deeper into everything.  He or she
        has gotten over the block of motivation
        to get unstuck because the benevolent
        one on top has been compassionate enough
        to speak about the view on top.

      One question:  What is the perspective that
        allows the one on top to view self on top
        and someone else as half-way?  And what
        is the perspective that allows one half-way
        to view another as on top?

      An observation:  These two perspectives require
        each other, and construct each other.
        They need each other.

      A final question:  How, now, will unstuckness
        from these two views, mutually reinforcing
        each other, occur?

      -- Dan

      HARSHA

      When it is pointed out and fully grasped by a
      mature mind. The need (and greed) to be something
      other than what one already is, is a condition.
      Seeing through this in peace and in clear vision
      dissolves the condition into the unconditional.

      MICHAEL READ

      "Shortly after I began teaching I noticed that almost everyone coming
      to see me held a tremendous number of superstitious ideas and beliefs
      that were  distorting their perceptions and limiting their scope of
      spiritual inquiry." --Adyashanti

      yup!

      In order to do this you must come out of  hiding behind any
      superstitious beliefs and find the courage to question  everything,
      otherwise you will continue to hold onto superstitions which
      distort your perception and expression of that which is only ever
      AWAKE.

      SU GANDOLF

      A leaf *is* the tree. I see.
      But the leaf is not a tree.

      A tree *is* the leaf.
      But the tree is not a leaf.

      The fixed specific is the whole. The fixed whole, the specific. But
      unfixed, the specific is the specific, the whole the whole. Nothing is
      other than it is.

      "No self" teachings, as no *separate* self teachings, I am the teacher
      of. There is no teacher, too.

      Blown away, today, by love (without a lover).
      Blown away? Leaf, Tree...
      Dying, leaf becoming
      Me.

      ~Su

      MAZIE

      Dear Friends,

      Michael wrote a small poem that was further whittled down to this:

      nothing
      nothing
      abundance

      How cool is that?

      Love, Nothing But Abundance,
      Mazie

      HARSHA

      An actual story about romance from the Ramana Maharshi
      newsletters........Harsha

      ***************************************

      An inmate of the Ashrama who had been serving
      Bhagavan Ramana for many years started visiting a
      certain woman in the town. Her relatives came to
      know of it and decided to catch and kill the man.
      One night they caught him at her house, bound him
      hand and foot and locked him up in a room,
      postponing the cutting of his throat until they had
      found a safe way of disposing of the body. Our man
      managed to escape and came running to the Ashrama,
      pursued by his enemies. When he entered the gate
      they gave up the chase. He entered the Hall
      trembling and fell on the ground shouting: "Save
      me, save me.'' Bhagavan ordered the doors to be
      shut and said: "Don't fear, tell me what happened."
      After having been told everything, he looked at the
      culprit with understanding and pity and said
      reassuringly: "Don't fear any more. Go and sleep."
      From the next day the man was at his work and
      Bhagavan would not mention the matter at all.
      Everybody in the town came to know what happened.
      The Ashrama people requested Bhagavan to send the
      man away, for his presence would tarnish the good
      name of the Ashrama. Bhagavan called the man and
      told him in front of everybody: "You have done some
      wrong, but you were too foolish to keep it secret.
      Others do worse things, but they take care not to
      be caught. Now, the people who were not caught want
      you to leave the Ashrama because you were caught.
      They will make your life miserable. You had better
      stay outside for some time, until things settle
      down." The man stayed with some devotees outside
      the Ashrama and came back after a few months.