Thursday, September 6

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2001
      An interesting post on the NDS Bulletin Board:

      <http://www.escribe.com/religion/nondualitysalon/bb/index.html>

      It's a long post. Part of it reads:

      "How many of you still manage to hold down worldly
      jobs? How do you cope with the lack of belief in
      the kind of semantic twaddle that passes for
      discourse in modern Western education? At least
      with creative writing students I can talk about the
      inner self and its expression through literature,
      but this is in direct contradiction to what they
      learn on academic courses. Is there a point where I
      give it up and turn to direct spiritual teaching? I
      have always resisted this because there are still
      so many mental fluctuations in my consciousness. I
      believe, and experience shows, that these things
      take care of themselves. But it would be good to
      hear from others."

      Someone in Bangkok would like to meet other nondualists.

      name: Simon
      email:sjd23@...
      Your Location: Bangkok, Thailand
      text: Would like to get together with
      anyone interested in nonduality
      in Bangkok.

      DAN BERKOW

      The exuberance of the chickadee is
         ended by the fox's cunning.

      The teacheritis of those who are too wise
         is cured by the rose that smells as sweet
         by any other name.

      The blissitis of those who are too loving is
         cured by shoes getting dirty.

      The disciplinitis of those who are too orderly
         is cured by a healthy dose of chaos.

      The freedomitis of those who hate cages
         is cured by the need to earn a living.

      It is well not to be too wise or too foolish,
         too good or too bad, too rigid or too undisciplined.

      Mao tse Tung said, "Let a thousand
         schools flourish" and shot anyone
         who disagreed with that concept.

      Crickets chirp, but only humans make
         coffee.

      MICHAEL READ

      Sorry, pal. There was only so much infinite energy
      left when I got to enlighenment. They used all they
      had remaining on me!

      None was left for you. Again, my apologies. Had I
      known that I was to be the last unless I let you go
      first; I wouldn't change a thing!

      If you only had any idea what it is like to live
      this way...

      Imagine the most open, free and joyful moment of
      your life. Now imagine that is how you experience
      life from moment to moment.

      ...even when it hurts like a bucketfull of
      motherflackers!

      Ah, how sweet it is!

      But, you'll never know, now, will you?

      heeheehee - Michael

      guess you'll have to fake it 'til the energy supply
      rebuilds

      ...in about a thousand googles of infinity ;-)

      HARSHA

      The joy and the laughter are in seeing the obvious.
      The whiners and those who will bore us to tears do
      not see themselves as doing such! :-). From their
      point of view, great wisdom is being expounded and
      cosmic knowledge is being released in to the
      environment through their words! That is the utter
      beauty and the wonder of it. Sometimes, I don't
      know how to stop laughing.

      Frankly, I don't mind the whiners or the those who
      seek to make a point through confrontation or wish
      to say clever things or provide unique insights,
      etc. Why not? Why not? Bring it on baby! :-).

      We have better developed characters here than any
      soap opera.

      I love being part of the show!

      Let us entertain you! :-).

      Lots of love
      Harsha

      HUMANITATE

      MAFIA'S ACCOUNTANT

      The Godfather, accompanied by his attorney, walks
      into a room to meet with his accountant. The
      Godfather asks the accountant, "Where's the three
      million bucks you embezzled from me?" The
      accountant doesn't answer. The Godfather asks
      again, "Where's the three million bucks you
      embezzled from me?"

      The attorney interrupts, "Sir, the man is a
      deaf-mute and cannot understand you, but I can
      interpret for you."

      The Godfather says, "Well, ask him where the @#!*
      money is."

      The attorney, using sign language, asks the
      accountant where the three million dollars is. The
      accountant signs back, "I don't know what you're
      talking about." The attorney interprets to the
      Godfather, "He doesn't know what you're talking
      about."

      The Godfather pulls out a pistol, puts it to the
      temple of the accountant, cocks the trigger and
      says, "Ask him again where the @#!* money is!"

      The attorney signs to the accountant, "He wants to
      know where it is!" The accountant signs back,
      "Okay! Okay! The money's hidden in a suitcase
      behind the shed in my backyard!"

      The Godfather says, "Well, what did he say?"

      The attorney interprets to the Godfather, "He says
      that you don't have the guts to pull the trigger."