Wednesday, September 5

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2001

      Keeps the sad game going.

      It keeps stealing all your wealth -

      Giving it to an imbecile with

      No financial skills.

      Dear one,

      ("The Gift" - versions of Hafiz by Daniel Ladinsky)

      Addresses: To Post a Hafiz poem:

      Once there was a monk who was an expert on the
      Diamond Sutra, and as books were very valuable in
      his day, he carried the only copy in his part of
      the world on his back. He was widely sought after
      for his readings and insight into the Diamond
      Sutra, and very successful at propounding its
      profundities to not only monks and masters but to
      the lay people as well.

      Thus the people of that region came to know of the
      Diamond Sutra, and as the monk was traveling on a
      mountain road, he came upon an old woman selling
      tea and cakes. The hungry monk would have loved to
      refresh himself, but alas, he had no money. He told
      the old woman, "I have upon my back a treasure
      beyond knowing -- the Diamond Sutra. If you will
      give me some tea and cakes, I will tell you of this
      great treasure of knowledge."

      The old woman knew something of the Diamond Sutra
      herself, and proposed her own bargain. She said,
      "Oh learned monk, if you will answer a simple
      question, I will give you tea and cakes." To this
      the monk readily agreed. The woman then said, "When
      you eat these cakes, are you eating with the mind
      of the past, the mind of the present or the mind of
      the future?"

      No answer occurred to the monk, so he took the pack
      from his back and got out the text of the Diamond
      Sutra, hoping he could find the answer. As he
      studied and pondered, the day grew late and the old
      woman packed up her things to go home for the day.

      "You are a foolish monk indeed," said the old woman
      as she left the hungry monk in his quandary. "You
      eat the tea and cakes with your mouth."

      For the Kids of Camp Pupekaca

      There can be no cause without forward intention.
      Forward intention, regardless of direction, is the
      process of action. Cause, therefore is a 'creation'
      of intelligent design therefore God must exist as
      first thought. Binary. Refer to 'Shot Down in a
      Blaze of Glory' on NDS web site. Thus, we wait for
      God as the 'mean' (math function) of all that we
      may know. Who then, shall be the last through the
      door after all things are through? And what then,
      shall they face to open the eyes of the masses?
      Thank God it is God. Here comes the final victory.

      Each day is a new starting line.

      Add and divide are the functions of the
      mathimatical mind of God as it is seen in all of
      creation. The difference being is that God can take
      what is small, divide it, and the two become larger
      than the one while the one still remains. In other
      words... my shit is made to last. God knows forever
      and eternal (which is what is unattainable and
      escapes the mind of petty foolish men -- chase it
      and it evades...) unlike those that do not... kings
      and kingdoms will all pass away but there's
      something about that name. Jesus.

      Zen is not the loudest voice in the room. It is the
      one that must be filtered to be heard. The
      filtering is enlightenment. The hearing,
      liberation, the knowing... a matter of time. Play
      me or learn from me but you will learn from me. The
      truth will set you free (not always a good thing).

      The trouble with striding through life is that one
      tends to miss too much ground.

      A story.
      0: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
      1: Master, that story is old and we know that no answer will suffice.
      0: Tao.
      1: --
      0: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
      1: Why do you insist?
      0: It is true that no answer will suffice and yet we all recognize the
      better more enlightening and door opening answers.
      1: Show me.
      0: Close your eyes. <the master makes a single hand clap>. Now, open your
      eyes. How many sounds?
      1: One.
      0: The rest is the answer.
      1: --
      0: <smile>

      Get that?
      -- hobbes; 0,0,0,0:00.00 Nao

      Possibly of interest :

      http://www.buddhanet.net/khrisna.htm (Buddhist site
      article on K.)

      http://www.buddhanet.net/bvk_study/bvk002.htm (- //
      - a study on K.)

      Jerry, do you know that famous country song.

      "I was country when country wasn't cool."

      We should have had our own band and our theme song
      could have been,

      "We were nondual, when being nondual wasn't cool"
      or something like that.

      Or even better and more clever, "We are so nondual
      that we aren't - Dumda dumda dum dum! :-).

      I should have been the comic Jerry. You should have
      been the straight man. All I needed was the timing.
      All you needed were the lines!

      We coulda been contenders Jerry!!

      Love Harsha