9/4/01 Tuesday (part one)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2001

      **************************
      GLORIA LEE
      Subject: [NDS] The world is not a courtroom

      *********************

      ".....we can reject everything else: religion, ideology, all received wisdom. But we cannot escape the necessity of love and compassion... This, then, is my true religion, my simple faith. In this sense, there is no need for temple or church, for mosque or synagogue, no need for complicated philosophy, doctrine or dogma. Our own heart, our own mind, is the temple. The doctrine is compassion. Love for others and respect for their rights and dignity, no matter who or what they are: ultimately these are all we need. So long as we practice these in our daily lives, then no matter if we are learned or unlearned, whether we believe in Buddha or God, or follow some other religion or none at all, as long as we have compassion for others and conduct ourselves with restraint out of a sense of responsibility, there is no doubt we will be happy."   --His Holiness the Dalai Lama

      " The world is not a courtroom, there is no judge, no jury, no plaintiff. This is a caravan, filled with eccentric beings telling wondrous stories about God."

      A Suspended Blue Ocean

      The sky
      Is a suspended blue ocean.
      The stars are the fish
      That swim.

      The planets are the white whales
      I sometimes hitch a ride on,

      And the sun and all light
      Have forever fused themselves

      Into my heart and upon
      My skin.

      There is only one rule
      On this Wild Playground,

      For every sign Hafiz has ever seen
      Reads the same.

      They all say,

      "Have fun, my dear; my dear, have fun,
      In the Beloved's Divine
      Game,

      O, in the Beloved's
      Wonderful Game."

      ('The Subject Tonight Is Love' - versions by Daniel Ladinsky)

      To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send email to: