Saturday, September 1

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2001
      JAN SULTAN

          To me the Ultimate Truth is simple and straight
      forward. If you allow me to use the word 'God' for
      the Ultimate Truth. God is all ... says it all!
      Everything is God. You can find God in the humble
      ant as well as the holiest of the holys. And nobody
      and nothing is higher or lower.

          Anything added is an unnecessary complication
      and can be attributed to the mind and ego. In other
      words superstition! All organized religions and
      their ludicrous ways are just superstition,
      business and politics.

          All that religious and spiritual jargon [or
      should I say 'mumbo-jumbo'?] that people like to
      show off with is also a product of the ego/mind.
      What cannot be described in plain English [or any
      other language] is not worth knowing. It is used
      simply to complicate things for a hidden agenda or
      to cover up lack of understanding.

          And no words at all are even better!

      GARY MERRILL

      Dear God,

      God sleeps;
      God wakes up;
      God identifies as me and you;
      God is endarkened;
      God is enlightened;
      God is;
      God is not;
      God cries;
      God laughs;
      God thinks;
      God lives;
      God dies;
      God talks to himself;

      best wishes,
      God

      PAUL

      THE 12 STEPS OF HUMANS ANONYMOUS

      How do I renounce my ego?

      1. We admitted that we were powerless over our
      egos, that our lives had always been unmanageable.

      (As long as we identify with ego, ego will
      interpret our attempts to renounce it as killing
      "ourselves"). To prevent its "death" ego will try
      to convince us that it can "fix itself". Ego can
      never "fix itself" to the point of being able to
      produce love/sanity, because love does not come
      from ego. Love must come from a source other than
      the body, mind or personality.

      2. Came to believe that a power greater than
      ourselves could lead us to sanity.

      THE HIGHER POWER IS PURE EXPERIENCE.

      3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives
      over to the care of God as we understood God.

      (now we have to figure out what it is we are
      TURNING OVER)

      4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of
      ourselves as ego- dominated creatures. (facing
      ourselves)

      we are working on attaining humility... a setting
      aside of our arrogant lies:

      a. that we know what we are doing b. that we are
      satisfied with the way we are c. that we don't need
      help from anyone.

      5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another
      human being the exact nature of our ego-dominated
      behavior.

      6. Were entireley ready for God to replace our egos
      as the director of our lives.

      This step is the Main Event. If, after taking this
      step, we do not have the undeniable experience of
      the presence of God (the experience of the
      liberation from ego-identity), it simply means that
      we did not really take the step (we did not take it
      with true humility, which means we did not
      relinquish our egos... we need to go back and tell
      more truth.

      7. Humbly asked God to assume full control of our
      lives.

      8. Having had a spiritual awakening, we became
      ready to make amends for our ego-dominated
      behavior. Made a list of all persons we had harmed,
      and became willing to make amends to them all.

      9. Made direct amends to such people whenever
      possible except when to do so would injure them or
      others.

      10. Continued to take personal inventory, and when
      we were wrong, promptly admitted it.

      11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve
      our conscious contact with God as we understood
      God, praying only for God's will for us, and the
      power to carry that out.

      If we are not living in the experience of love, we
      are not living in the experience of God, we are
      living under ego-domination... It is just that
      simple!

      The responsibility which accompanies our awakening
      is twofold:

      1. to share our awakening with those who still
      slumber in their pain

      2. to never delude ourselves that we are in any way
      superior to them.

      12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result
      of these steps, we tried to carry this message to
      ego-dominated human beings, and to preactice these
      principles in all our affairs.

      JAN BARENDRECHT

          "Excuse a humble novice here: What happened to
      Mystery? How can you all go on debating through
      your mentation, and scriptures, that which is by
      definition unknowable to the conscious mind?"
      --Diana

          The Mystery is supposed to unfold after
      apperception: simply put, the mind-body will be
      'adjusted' in such a way that everything perceived
      is the Self, that there is nothing but the 'real
      nature'. That 'adjustment' is the 'result' of
      Shakti.

          With the "proper" mindset, the 'adjustment'
      could be called a 'journey' of love, light and
      laughter.

      -------------

      Paul wrote:

      >This group was started a while ago, but never was promoted.
      If you'd
      >like to join, click on the link below.  It might be a good way
      >explore freedom.  Its new, so we don't know how it will work
      here on
      >the net.

      >HumansAnonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their
      >experience strength and hope with each other that they may solve
      >their common problem and help others to recover from ego domination.

      >The only requirement for membership is a desire to be free from ego
      >domination.

      JAN B.:
          Free from such a desire, i could not possibly
      join :) Apart from that, i had a good laugh,
      wondering what could be dominated by 'ego'.

          In a 'childhood proper' (awakened parents), the
      child learns to put unconditional faith in the
      parents. Doing that is a risk, a pet also takes, by
      being vulnerable. Taking that risk could be called
      'basic function' of Love and knowing that is
      essential for both growing up as a harmonious human
      being AND awakening. That is what unconditional
      surrender is about.

          From that perspective, 'chasing the baddy
      called ego' is but the proverbial dog chasing its
      tail. All systems and methods can only partially
      repair the damage, done by 'wrong' (read loveless)
      upbringing. Combine that with 'suppressive' methods
      like forced celibacy and the picture will be clear.

      JOHN METZGER

          What is a saint? A saint is someone who has
      achieved a remote human possibility. It is
      impossible to say what that possibility is. I think
      it has something to do with the energy of love.
      Contact with this energy results in the exercise of
      a kind of balance in the chaos of existence. A
      saint does not dissolve the chaos; if he did the
      world would have changed long ago. I do not think
      that a saint dissolves the chaos even for himself,
      for there is something arrogant and warlike in the
      notion of a man setting the universe in order. It
      is a kind of balance that is his glory. He rides
      the drifts like an escaped ski. His course is the
      caress of the hill. His track is a drawing of the
      snow in a moment of its particular arrangement with
      wind and rock. Something in him so loves the world
      that he gives himself to the laws of gravity and
      chance. Far from flying with the angels, he traces
      with the fidelity of a seismograph needle the state
      of the solid bloody landscape. His house is
      dangerous and finite, but he is at home in the
      world. He can love the shape of human beings, the
      fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to
      have among us such men, such balancing monsters of
      love.

          - L. Cohen, Beautiful Losers (1966)

      MELODY

      Gene Poole wrote:

      > In hypnosis phenomena, imposed 'sleep' equals the disposal of the
      'ego' as
      > a viable factor of the psyche. It is this way in 'natural sleep',
      but hypnosis
      > requires 'trance' in which 'ego' is decommissioned.

      It has not been my experience that ego is decommissioned in
      a trance state.

      Rather, it is more as if the ego agrees to simply 'sit back
      and watch'.........to allow the experience to unfold.  However,
      time and time again, I have found that the ego does re-assert
      itself when it senses danger.

      Twice while in a trance state, my ego has stepped in
      and ended the session......once, while in a very deep
      trance, when the hypnotist began 'sculpting' a very
      sexually charged scenario.

      As a hypnotherapist, I have witnessed this ego-assertion
      many times in clients.....when the client is 'looking at'
      hidden or denied aspects of the psyche.  The ego knows
      when "enough is enough", and the client may simply 'open
      their eyes'... or, most usually,  begin to shift about until the
      trance is broken.

      Gene Poole:

      > If those requirements are met, the voice of the hypnotist literally
      'becomes'
      > the 'inner voice' of the hypnotized one.

      It is much like that.

      In a trance state the hypnotized one no longer makes a distinction
      between oneself and the hypnotist.  For those moments, they
      are 'one'.....the hypnotist's voice becomes 'my' voice.....what
      a hypnotist sees,  'I' see....what a hypnotist says,  "I" am saying.

      But a lot is written about hypnosis and trance....as if it is an evil
      be avoided.  And while I agree that abuses do, and have occurred,
      the opportunitys for expanding awareness thru trance experience
      is so great, I feel compelled to offer another perspective on
      hypnosis and trance.

      I was fortunate to be trained in what is referred to as
      a 'client centered' approach to hypnotherapy....which
      says that it is the client who has the answers and
      solutions they seek....and it is the client....not the
      therapist... who knows the 'way'.  And that it is
      simply the fascilitator's task to simply bring that
      inner-knowing to the client's  awareness.

      The hardest part of my job was always
      remembering to 'get out of the way'
      of the clients experience......to not contaminate
      it with my sense of what 'should' happen....and
      not to try to 'figure things out'....but to simply
      walk alongside them as helper...as one who
      helps the experiencer to open to....to 'notice'
      what is unfolding for them to see.

      Hypnotherapy was, for me, a training ground
      to 'awakening' -  it was a practice in abiding...
      of dropping any and all self-referencing
      thoughts.....and surrendering to whatever
      unfolds.

      I'm thinking of how many times people would
      come to these sessions as atheists or agnostics,
      and leave in a sense of awe.....seeing that there
      is 'That' which is so much more than 'me'...more than.
      my sense of 'me'.....

      even if 'That' is known to them as simply the
      Unconscious.