8/27/01 Monday

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28 2:38 PM
      ******************

      GARY MERRILL

      Ah such a drama that we all must play out
      All our life is the stage
      And we are better actors knowing it
      Or in the audience as an observer
      Another part in this play
      If we could give up our profession of acting
      That would be our final performance
      Until then live and love dear Val
      Before the fat lady sings

      Carpe Diem
      (Sieze the Day)
      Gary.

      SUSANNA GANDOLF more Hafiz

               STAY CLOSE TO THOSE SOUNDS

         The sun turns a key in a lock each day
            As soon as it crawls out of bed.

               Light swings open a door
          And the many kinds of love rush out
            Onto the infinite green field.

           Your soul sometimes plays a note
          Against the Sky's ear that excites
                The birds and planets.

               Stay close to any sounds
           That make you glad you are alive.

             Everything in this world is
                 Helplessly reeling.

            An invisible wake was created
      When God said to His beautiful dead lover,
                      "Be."

           Hafiz, who will understand you
        If you do not explain that last line?
                    Well then,

             I will sing it this way,

            When God said to illusion,
                      "Be."

      --trans. by Daniel Ladinsky (according to his Introduction, more copies of
      the remaining poems of Hafiz are sold in Iran than are copies of the Qu'ran)

       VIORICA WEISMAN
      from Ramana Maharshi list

      Power of the Presence: Transforming Encounters with
      SRI Ramana Maharshi, Vol. 3

        Retail Price: $18.00
      Our Price: $16.20
      You Save: $1.80 (10%)

      This book will be available September 1st, place your
      advance order now and we will ship it when it arrives!

      Format: Mass Market Paperback, 290pp.
      ISBN: 0971137129
      Publisher: Godman, David
      Pub. Date: September  2001

      LINDA CALLAHAN
      from Harsha Satsangh

      >Hi Linda,

      >Yes, you have been quiet - could be a good sign :)

      Hmmm...do not know if it's good or not but I am definitely in a relationship with quiet these days. This relationship takes place in the middle of a life filled with noisy and chaotic others and leaves me almost unable to speak or write unless I must.  Fortunately, there are always enough words and sounds in the world that it is rather easy to slip into a cave of quiet without causing any distrubance to the ongoing activity of sound.

      Namaste,
      Linda