Wednesday, August 15

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2001
      Received from someone who would like to know if
      anyone is near her. Please write to me for this
      person's email address.

      Jerry <umbada@...>

      diana wrote:

      I am moderately close to whoever is in Albany, but
      was wondering about anyone closer to the Thousand
      Islands.

      Thanks.

      diana

      OSHANA

      Hi,

      As you may know the Oshana satsangs have a matrix
      theme. There have been a few developments ..a
      movement away from temporary Awakenings and an
      investigation towards permanent Enlightenment..yes,
      we know 'nothing is fixed' except for The One ..One
      one, one one...unchanging whatever-ness - or so we
      have been told!

      So, Oshana satsangs are full of energetic packages
      and experiential surprises that might make the the
      notional Advaita purist turn in his grave but not
      the Source, or Ramana Maharshi - just a thought, an
      eenny-weeny one

      My research topic for today:

      mysterious reports have been coming in about a
      group in Australia whose daily spiritual practice
      is to watch "The Matrix" movie

      has anyone heard such a thing?

      ttfn,

      dave

      http://www.oshana.org

      MARK OTTER

      By John:

      Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup
      They slither wildly as they slip away
      Across the universe
      Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind
      Possessing and caressing me

      Nothing's gonna change my world
      Nothing's gonna change my world
      Nothing's gonna change my world
      Nothing's gonna change my world

      Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes
      They call me on and on
      Across the universe
      Thoughts meander like the restless wind inside a letter box
      They tumble blindly as they make their way
      Across the universe

      Nothing's gonna change my world
      Nothing's gonna change my world
      Nothing's gonna change my world
      Nothing's gonna change my world

      Sounds of laughter, shades of life are ringing through my open ears
      Inciting and inviting me
      Limitless undying love, which shines around me like a million suns
      It calls me on and on and on
      Across the universe

      Nothing's gonna change my world
      Nothing's gonna change my world
      Nothing's gonna change my world
      Nothing's gonna change my world
      Jai Guru Deva

      GREG GOODE

      Ultimately there's neither seeing, soul, blindness,
      duality nor nonduality, nor their opposites,
      anywhere. These tales can be presented in a variety
      of ways.

      VALERIE

      here's my dilemma - up here - the people - i found
      myself with a couple of people I thought were
      "friends" who were being quite lowbrow - you know -
      you wouldn't expect it of spiritual aspirants or
      people who were working on themselves as much. The
      seven deadly sins like for instance - one so called
      friend being covetous and jealous, another guy
      being vengeful and wrathful, etc. it's odd how when
      one is not within a similar "community" what one
      will overlook. And I was quite shocked and hurt to
      be treated this way. But - they each have their
      strong points, their good points - each one could
      survive in the woods a long time after some
      civilized disaster - it's just that - should
      friends have to be on guard against attacks from
      the libidos from other people whom call themselves
      friends? If people are not even on the spiritual
      path yet, or maybe just pay it lip service, should
      it pose a problem to friendship? It seems so
      "hoity-toity"...

      I know - once on the spritual path you find it
      everywhere, even in bars and the most unlikely
      places! But if people have recognized no "Higher
      Power" in themselves or in their lives yet, can
      situations such as I have described above and more
      - such as thievery and worse - be expected to
      happen? (well - duh, have i answered my own
      question here?)