Monday July 30th

  • andrew macnab
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2001

      Visiting Oxford 15/8 - 20/8

      Dear friends,
      I am visiting Oxford, England as above and I would very much like to meet
      fellow-Buddhists and inter-faith workers when there.
      Please contact me off list at johnwillemsens@... for my exact
      schedule etc.
      Kind regards,
      John Willemsens (Advayavadananda).
      Advayavada Buddhism Infocenter - Amsterdam
      http://www.euronet.nl/~advaya/ananda.htm

      Hi John Willemsens (Advayavadananda,

      If you are coming near the London megatropolis or mystical rural
      Glastonbury then get in touch and maybe we can meet.

      I've started getting born-again Christians at my satsangs and now I
      am waiting for Buddhists...enlightenment ain't hard it just takes
      lifetimes

      love dave oshana

      please email me at my website

      http://www.oshana.org

      Hi Gene,

      Further to what you write about movement/unrest;
      When a position is taken relative to the
      flow, movement forms into pattern, design. I can only
      act according to this pattern.
      Otherwise I am blindly thrashing around.

      love,
      andrew

      Hi Gene/Andrew,

      Interesting message Gene.

      Do we need space to be 'other than' whole, space to become and move into?
      Which is to equate space with time.

      Andrew said:
      > Further to what you write about movement/unrest;
      > When a position is taken relative to the
      > flow, movement forms into pattern, design. I can only
      > act according to this pattern.
      > Otherwise I am blindly thrashing around.

      It could be said that 'Iam unrest', by that I mean that there is no unrest
      separate from myself. Realising that I rest!

      We want pattern, order and design very much in our lives I feel, so much so
      we try and control ourselves. But can there be a pattern without control,
      without me. This would be a pattern without a patterner. Oneness with
      design.

      Is chaos trying to make design my own?
      Is order, surender to divine design.

      On this I ponder this evening,
      Gary

      I only observe that if attention remains on the background radiation of unrest; if
      there is observation of movement from the pointless still point, an elaborate pattern
      or design is seen to blossom. As this pattern is seen, it becomes possible to move
      into it as along the lines of a labyrinth or a mandala, which is movement of a
      different order than the brownian-motion-like buffeting of blind unrest. It's
      coherent.

      andrew

      hi nondual cats!
      is it time for holiday?
      when so, pack and go!

      party for felines!
      feasts at night rest in the sun
      always in for fun!

      when it's hot, the beach...
      look - the ocean is a drop
      one that's within reach!

      Jan

      So, :-), what I've decided to do, is to start selling bundt pans, SACRED
      BUNDT PANS. And there are so many of you stoopids out there, I'm gonna
      sell a
      million of 'em. :-) I'm looking around for a jeweler right now to make
      me a mold, so you can all "proudly" wear your own little bundt pans
      around your neck. :-) Not to
      mention, you can give them away as gifts too! :-)

      And as James always says ...

      heh heh heh heh! :-)

      --
      Happy Days,
      Judi

      ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

      When someone calls you
      stupid and foolish
      you mind it.
      Knowing this,
      the Sages use the word
      Ignorance.¹

      Ignorance is something
      you don¹t know
      and when you are thinking
      about what you don¹t know,
      what are you going
      to get from it?

      OOh, I¹m thinking
      in order to know it,¹
      but the whole fallacy is
      because you¹re thinking
      you¹re not knowing it;
      you¹re blocking it.

      Stop thinking
      and start seeing;
      then you¹ll know it.

      - Swami Amar Jyoti

      "In Light of Wisdom"
      Swami Amar Jyoti
      Truth Consciousness, Boulder, Colorado, 1983