Friday July 27, 2001

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 2:27 PM
      *********

      YETI
      Subject: Re: [NDS] interesting: Marion, OH

      well will ya look at that - somebody who's feelin' even worse than me right
      now to whom i can be of service!
      YES!!!

      Scott - listen - depression - it is anger turned within. You must identify
      your anger so as to express it in positive ways, such as prayer, meditation,
      or beating your head against a brick wall. :-)
      (no just kidding, lessee - scanning...)

      the mystery - it is mysterious, That's why it is the mystery. Figuring out
      the mystery would be utterly gauche. It's just not part of the agenda. Our
      brains are not hard-wired to contain or perceive such immense information.
      We only get the 10% - remember?
      Best we can do is pray and meditate to accept that fact. Sometimes maybe we
      be gifted with more conscious awareness, but not when the linear questions
      questions questions such as below. You can trust me on this.

      just stop the negative. It is not too simplistic i swear to you - just
      *shine the Light*, brother - the Light is within you in abundance and
      begging to be let out, I can tell. We gotta LET GO all that stuff - all that
      negativity and heartache. All those questions - let 'em GO!
      Just *trust* in the God/dess - the Light and Love of your heart, and just
      *know* that you are perfect as you are, where you are and when you are.
      Be happy and be grateful for the Light in your life. Are you homeless? No.
      (well - are you?) Do you eat each day? many people on this earth do not. Do
      you have your health? Find each and every blessing you have and concentrate
      on those and REFUSE those negative vibes - you gotta let go and go with the
      flow of life - life is short - it's passin' you by! Soon you'll be dead, and
      - who have you loved? Have you loved yourself yet?

      The Way is within and within is the most abundant Light of all Divinity -
      you just have to go inside to touch It.

      Meaning is where you find it. And your thoughts are *things* - they become
      words - and words beget actions - soon you have created your whole reality
      in this fashion. So just control your thoughts; refuse the negative - accept
      only the positive - shine the *Light* - remember amusement is your "best
      friend"!

      Now next time I'm sayin' "wah wah wah" such as below - please save this and
      pass it on back to me. I'm nowhere perfect neither - just passing moments of
      lucidity tempered by happy thoughts, good jokes, and a little help from my
      friends!
      all my best for a perfect world,
      yeti

      JAN

      BillSchmidt
      ºBillSchmidt@...
      ºScottsdale
      º
      ºI am open to talking at least initially with
      ºanyone studying and living the nondual life.
      Jan:
      That almost sounds like a joke - first study (fill the mind)
      and when full, what could be added?
      And what would it be to live a "nondual" life?
      Intellectual (filled mind) knowledge dictating behavior?
      (Could be a definition of "ego-based life")

      Without a sense of "i" (sensitivity no longer shielded by "ego"),
      wouldn't it be painful to live in ego-based society - not to be
      mistaken for "dualistic"?

      Hence, unless "upheld by karma", the entire "human interface" would
      dissolve and with it, the readiness to talk... As more or less
      "preconceived" by the Buddha, some 2500 years ago, in a
      less ego-based society...

      Jan

      BRUCE responding to Yeti

      On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 01:21:42 -0700 v <akvalerian@...> writes:

      well will ya look at that - somebody who's feelin' even worse than me

      right now to whom i can be of service!
      > YES!!!
      >
      > Scott -
      listen - depression - it is anger turned within.

      Sometimes depression is just
      depression, a biochemical
      imbalance.

      > You must identify
      > your anger so as to
      express it in positive ways, such as prayer,
      > meditation, or beating
      your head against a brick wall. :-)
      > (no just kidding, lessee -
      scanning...)

      Simpler to let anger arise,
      flower, and die naturally,
      without acting on it.  Anger
      clearly observed without
      resistance is anger rendered
      toothless.

      > the mystery - it is mysterious, That's why it is the mystery.
      > Figuring
      out
      > the mystery would be utterly gauche. It's just not part of the
      > agenda. Our
      > brains are not hard-wired to contain or perceive
      such immense
      > information.  We only get the 10% - remember?

      Best we can do is pray and meditate to accept that fact. Sometimes

      maybe we
      > be gifted with more conscious awareness, but not when the
      linear
      > questions
      > questions questions such as below. You can
      trust me on this.

      Iow, thought has stark
      limitations, and even a
      mental athlete like Einstein
      understood that there are
      mysteries far beyond its ken.

      > just stop the negative. It is not too simplistic i swear to you -
      > just

      *shine the Light*, brother - the Light is within you in abundance

      and
      > begging to be let out, I can tell. We gotta LET GO all that stuff -
      > all that negativity and heartache. All those questions - let 'em
      GO!

      This advice is a tad
      confusing -- there is a
      vast difference between
      attempting to "stop the
      negative" and allowing it
      to arise, flower, and die
      naturally, without such
      resistance.

      > Just *trust* in the God/dess - the Light and
      Love of your heart, and
      > just *know* that you are perfect as you are,
      where you are and when you

      > are.

      Sometimes this is very hard
      to manage from a depressed
      state.

      Be happy and be grateful for the Light in your life. Are you
      > homeless?
      No.
      > (well - are you?) Do you eat each day? many people on this earth do
      > not. Do
      > you have your health? Find each and every blessing you
      have and
      > concentrate on those and REFUSE those negative vibes -

      That sort of resistance is
      unlikely to be effective
      because it usually creates
      internal conflict and
      stress that can aggravate
      depression.

      > you gotta let go and go
      with the
      > flow of life - life is short - it's passin' you by! Soon you'll
      be
      > dead, and - who have you loved? Have you loved yourself
      yet?

      Now *that* tune comes through
      loud and clear, well put!
      Without the basis of self-love,
      the wisdom of "love thy
      neigbor as thyself" is moot.

      > The Way is within and within is the most abundant Light of all
      > Divinity - you just
      have to go inside to touch It.

      Yes.

      > Meaning is where you find it. And your thoughts are *things* - they
      > become
      > words - and words beget actions - soon you have created your whole
      > reality
      > in this fashion. So just control your
      thoughts; refuse the negative
      > - accept
      > only the positive -
      shine the *Light* - remember amusement is your
      > "best
      friend"!

      Attempting to "control the
      thoughts" is futile and
      just stimulates more thought.
      Best to let thought happen
      without resistance (which
      amounts, after all, to more
      thought) and simply observe
      its activity so as to
      understand its transient
      nature.

      > Now next time I'm sayin' "wah wah wah" such as below - please save
      > this and
      > pass it on back to
      me. I'm nowhere perfect neither - just passing
      > moments of

      lucidity tempered by happy thoughts, good jokes, and a little help
      > from
      my friends!

      Thanks for that, Val!

      JERRY