Saturday June 21, 2001
- ********attachment is Jan's poem********JERRYFrom Neosannyas2 Digest:
1. Save the whales. Collect the whole set.
2. A day without sunshine is like...night.
3. On the other hand...you have different fingers.
4. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
5. 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
6. Remember half the people you know are below average.
7. He who laughs last thinks slowest.
8. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
9. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
10. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
11. I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
12. I intend to live forever - so far so good.
13. Borrow money from a pessimist - they don't expect it back.
14. Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.
15. Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.
16. When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane and
goingthe wrong way.
17. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
18. For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.
19. Never do card tricks for the group you play poker with.
20. No one is listening until you make a mistake.
21. You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.
22. Two wrongs are only the beginning.
23. The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
24. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
25. Change is inevitable...except from vending machines.
26. Get a new car for your spouse - it'll be a great trade!
27. Always try to be modest and be proud of it!
28. How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand...
29. Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.
30. If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you.
HARSHAThe following is one of my favorite stories about self-surrender, the Guru,
Fellow devotees of the Sage of Arunachala, Sri Ramana Maharshi, will enjoy
Conversations with Ramana Maharshi were typically public and watched by
other devotees. The following dialogue between Sri Ramana and an unknown
visitor occurred at the Ashram and is recalled by a devotee. The man was in
depth of despair and at first Bhagwan seemed quite unsympathetic. The
visitor's conversation with the sage is quite remarkable and worth reading.
Selected portions presented from the Maharshi newsletters.
The man started moaning and crying even more, as if his heart were breaking.
"All my hopes of salvation are gone. You were my last refuge and you say you
have nothing to do with me! To whom shall I turn now? What am I to do? To
whom am I to go?"
Bhagavan watched him for some time and said, "Am I your guru that I should
be responsible for your salvation? Have I ever said that I am your master?"
"If you are not my master, then who is? And who are you, if not my master?
You are my guru, you are my guardian angel, you will pity me and release me
from my sins!" He started sobbing and crying again.
We all sat silent, overcome with pity. Only Bhagavan looked alert and
Bh: "If I am your guru, what are my fees? Surely you should pay me for my
D: "But you won't take anything," cried the visitor. "What can I give you?"
Bh: "Did I ever say that I don't take anything? And did you ever ask me what
you can give me?"
D: "If you would take, then ask me. There is nothing I would not give you."
Bh: "All right. Now I am asking. Give me. What will you give me ?"
D: "Take anything, all is yours."
Bh: "Then give me all the good you have done in this world."
D: "What good could I have done? I have not a single virtue to my credit."
Bh: "You have promised to give. Now give. Don't talk of your credit. Just
give away all the good you have done in your past."
D: "Yes, I shall give. But how does one give? Tell me how the giving is done
and I shall give."
Bh: "Say like this: 'All the good I have done in the past I am giving away
entirely to my guru. Henceforth I have no merit from it nor have I any
concern with it.' Say it with your whole heart."
D: "All right, Swami, I am giving away to you all the good I have done so
far, if I have done any, and all its good effects. I am giving it to you
gladly, for you are my master and you are asking me to give it all away to
Bh: "But this is not enough," said Bhagavan sternly.
D: "I gave you all I have and all you asked me to give. I have nothing more
Bh: "No, you have. Give me all your sins."
D: The man looked wildly at Bhagavan, terror stricken. "You do not know,
Swami, what you are asking for. If you knew, you would not ask me. If you
take over my sins, your body will rot and burn. You do not know me, you do
not know my sins. Please do not ask me for my sins." And he wept bitterly.
Bh: "I shall look after myself, don't you worry about me," said Bhagavan.
"All I want from you is your sins."
For a long time the bargain would not go through. The man refused to part
with his sins. But Bhagavan was adamant.
Bh: "Either give me your sins along with your merits, or keep both and don't
think of me as your master."
In the end the visitor's scruples broke down and he declared: "Whatever sins
I have done, they are no longer mine. All of them and their results, too,
belong to Ramana."
Bhagavan seemed to be satisfied. "From now on there is no good nor bad in
you. You are just pure. Go and do nothing, neither good nor bad. Remain
yourself, remain what you are."
A great peace fell over the man and over us all. No one knows what happened
to the fortunate visitor; he was never seen in the Ashrama again. He might
have been in no further need of coming.JERRYWILD HEART, by Wild Heart
1. I am tall on purpose. The crystal pedestal which shoots forth from
the center of the eternal flower of existence, bears me.
2. Each one person is a globe within my eye. His are my wings.
3. I possess clarity, not genuis, vision, intellect, or creative powers,
but clarity affording directness and purity.
4. Therefore, Einstein is a stick insect.
5. O I was wrapped-up at a tiny factory of two employees, wrapped and
coded. The imprint of their work remains, but it does not represent
anything in anyone's past.
6. I deliver a fleet of clouds to celebrate clarity.
7. The last thing I remember, in the day of His clearest moment, I was
viewed in awe by God.
8. I was viewing Him.
9. There is a breeze upon me.
10. I step this way and that way. Planets in the sky make me laugh.
11. I have nothing to say.
12. I sit upon my couch. I die from one end of the living room to the
other. I remember my other name: Wild Heart.
Imperceptibly I exhale onto the page
And the page clouds
The space between I AM and Ultimate Reality.If anyone wants to meet a nondualist in Greece, the following was
submitted to the NDS website:
Your Location=ATHENS GREECE
text=I KNOW WHO I AMGILL EARDLEYThis is from 'Grist For the Mill'
The universe is made up of experiences that are designed to
burn out your reactivity, which is your attachment, your , clinging,
to pain, to pleasure, to fear, to all of it. And as long as there is a
place where you're vulnerable, the universe will find a way to
confront you with it. That's the way the dance is designed. In
truth, there are millions and millions of stimuli that you are not
even noticing, that go by, in every plane of existence, all the time.
The reason you don't notice them is because there's no attachment
to them in you. Your desires affect your perception.
Each of us is living in our own universe, created out of our
projected attachments. That's what it means when it says,
"You create your own universe." You are creating that universe
out of your attachments, which can be out of your avoidances and
your fears. So more and more you keep consuming your own reactivity
and saying, "Right, and this situation too, and this one too, Tat Twam
Asi, and that also, and that also, and that also." Then it starts to lose
its pull and fall away.
And you get so that you're perfectly willing to do whatever
you do. And you do it perfectly. It's like Mahatma Gandhi
gets put in jail and they give him a lice-infested uniform and
tell him to clean the latrines, and it's a whole mess. And he
walks up to the head of the guards and he says, in total truth,
"Thank you." He's not putting them on or uplevelling them.
He's saying, "There's a teaching here, and I'm getting it;
thank you." What's bizarre is that you get to the point where
somebody lays a heavy trip on you and you get caught, and
then you see through your *catch-ness* and you say, "Thank
you." You may not say it aloud because it's too cute. But you
feel 'thank you.' People come up and are violent or angry or
write nasty letters or whatever they do to express their frus-
tration or anger or competition, and all I can say is thanks.
Allspirit Website: http://www.allspirit.co.ukCEEand finding each other so undone
they gave up all outward endeavors
embracing joy as their only identity
everything utterly dissolved
their sole preoccupation
infinity of bliss!ERICH
Grounding exercise as learnd from mystress ...
down down down down down down down down down down down down down
through the very center of the earth shooting in one rush an entire ocean of
fire shooting down through the earth
the earth burning hell the world explodes in glorious light through the sun
through the moon
through the entire galactic wide
through the center of the multiverGASmus
through the birthplace of space
through the sound
through the heart
exploding in time
so long ago remembers nobody NOW!
DO YOU FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!
breathe i try!
this was the furt
of the beginning of time!
you breathe this shit!
it almost seems a volcano of burning fire firey crystal
coming up like a spark spark sparkship
spark spark spark this shit
coming up through the earth
roaring rolling thunder
like the good "old faithful",
through the sun in your feet
do you feel them tingling :-)
exploding reservoir of burning light up your ass
in your very center
into star bright radiance, glowing, growing, eploding
into an oval bigger then anything yuo are nor have ever been, burning your
entire essence within
shooting out through yuor ears
your chest explode
your heart your eyes
pounding bursting your head
much more love then an open heart
on fire on four
a burning fire hell on three
malech on two
iron butterfly in a gadda da vida
here i am now fuck this shit!
fuck me alive!
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck like a fucking laser beem in your eye
fire fire fire like a fire out of your mouth
smoke smoke smoke I smoke this shit out of your ears!