Tuesday, July 10 (Part II)

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2001
      Due to an electrical storm, the first part of today's highlights was
      sent out incomplete and in a hurry before the power went out! I'm
      finishing the highlights with this Part II.

      --Jerry

      BRUCE MORGEN

      I am the only one who finds
      it entirely wonderful and
      joyous that Sri Ramana
      Maharshi, surely the most
      renowned jnani of the past
      century, also inspired such
      fervent bhakti in and even
      beyond his time among us?

      Is there any purer bhakti
      than a jnani's unconditional
      devotion to the truth? How
      can the purest of bhaktas
      possibly avoid coming to the
      very same truth? In the
      words of my ancestors,
      Adonai *echud*, and in mine,
      the jnani and the bhakta are
      also *echud* -- one!

      JODY

      Jnana and bhakti fit together like fire and
      its power to burn. Jnana is how we approach
      ourselves as the Self, and Bhakti is how we
      establish relationship with the Mother of our
      individual manifestation. Jnana is how we
      separate the wheat of pure being from the
      chaff of ego identification, and bhakti is
      the vehicle where we can surrender ourselves
      completely as children of our God. Jnana speaks
      to the silence, and bhakti sings to the beautiful.

      MATTHEW FILES

      God loves to pretend that It is a Human, just so It can lose
      > Its carkeys - and then enjoy finding them again.
      >
      > The same as God loves to pretend that It is Human, just so It
      > can lose Its identity - and then enjoy finding it again.

      .........more utter nonsense. God does not have the capacity to
      pretend, lose, find or enjoy.

      ........matthew