Saturday June 30, 2001

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2001
      More responses to question on sutra
      Can any one comment about what their understanding is on, "That which
      is aware of this empty space is like the appearance of the illusory

      The "one" that "comments" and the "comment" is Emptiness itself.

      Understanding is illusory.

      e"....."d  ;-)

      > Understanding is illusory.

      ***** Unfortuntely not! :-)
      Happy Days,
      A thought on gradual or sudden Enlightenment........

      Gradual Enlightenment only has meaning in relation to Sudden Enlightenment;
      There is neither gradual nor sudden existing independently;
      Nor 'Enlightenment' existing independently;
      Gradual is Sudden, Sudden is Gradual;
      Enlightenment is Non Enlightenment;
      Non Enlightenment is Enlightenment;
      Truth exists in relation to Non-Truth;
      Truth is No Truth;
      No Truth is Truth;
      Neither Truth or No Truth

      Time to go shopping!

      > Can any one comment about what their understanding is on, "That
      > is aware of this empty space is like the appearance of the
      > flower".

      When you walk in a dream

      but you know you're not dreaming, senore

      'scuse'a me but you see back in old napoli that's amore

      That's amore!

      When an eel bites your toe,
      and he won't let it go,
      that's a moray.

      Jerry forwarded Susan Dane's summer schedule:

      Andrew sends John 17.22-23
      The glory
      which thou hast given
      to me
      I have given
      to them
      that they may be one
      even as we are one
      I in them
      and thou in me
      that they may become
      perfectly one

      "Praying is rattling God's cage and waking God up and setting God free and giving this
      famished God water and this starving God food and cutting the ropes off God's hands
      and the manacles off God's feet and washing the caked sweat from God's eyes and then
      watching God swell with life and vitality and energy and following God wherever God

      Walter Wink

      Dear List,

      I received the following from Cousin Bob Rose. Cousin Bob has been on
      NDS and affiliated lists since its inception. He prints a newsletter
      called The Inner Traveler. The Newletter is 8 pages, in color,
      professionally designed, written and edited. The quality is excellent.
      Bob published our (or someone's) very own Bruce Morgen and Judi Rhodes
      (notice how I'm nice to Judi when I need her to make me look good).
      Anyone who hangs around the lists and publishes those guys has to be
      clued in to something, though I'm not sure what. Well, at least he's

      But seriously, the newsletter is both breezy and grounded. What I like
      about it is that it looks at meditation from all aspects of life, from
      operating a farm, to getting along in the workplace. From considering
      'who you are', to the biochemistry of who you appear to be. From Reiki
      to recipes. It's all there. Well, don't take my word for it. Click on
      the link and get a free copy:

      Cousin Jerry

      some er, uh, interesting sites sent by Jerry and Bruce

      Eric Blackstead on Acid and Tantra
      Ed... Do you ever wonder if we haven't experienced
      these kinds of aesthetic realizations before, if only
      temporarily? You provide a language that clearly
      places the perception of these sensations in the
      context of non-dual Realization, but when one is
      silently functioning as the perceiver, there is no
      simultaneous linear rationale. I know you know this,
      by the way, and no subtle criticism is intended. To
      discuss a thing, language is necessary,and I bring
      this up in part because of the language you use in
      presenting it. Your presentation reminds me of a few,
      a very few, experiences I had on acid back in the
      early 70's on St. Thomas. Of course, I knew clearly at
      the time, that my experience was not Enlightenment,
      nor  even temporary Enlightenment. I thought of it, at
      the time, as a "taste". A deep "taste".

      What was clear for me, and I later realized for many
      others, was that I was experiencing another order of
      Consciousness, and if I could experience it, even if
      only temporarily, and enjoy it's non-rational lucidity
      and clarity for a time, it must exist. Exist. Another
      order of consciousness.

      After all, I reasoned, acid may do many things, but it
      doesn't think or perceive. We do that. The acid is
      only a catalyst. I remember standing on Morningstar
      Beach and looking at a handful of sand in my palm, the
      tan and white granules agitated with energy, leaping
      about, replacing one another, a hand full of life
      energy and I thought that I was looking at a Living
      Metaphor for what underlies life as we know it. It's
      not surprising, more than 30 years later, that I
      eventually became a devotee and student of Kundalini
      Shakti, but that's a story for another time.

      I'm one year short of 60 now, and my mind turns with
      surprising frequency to memories of acid. As I only
      took 2 and 1/2 trips (you can see that I had enormous
      respect for the power of what I experienced), I
      realize now that these memories encapsulate the
      strongest and most significant experiences of my life,
      even in light of the eventual Grace of Shaktipat.

      I'm reminded of that old Hindu story of the devotee
      who awoke one day to see Shiva, his chosen diety, and
      his Guru standing at his door. Nonplussed, frozen to
      the spot with the dilemma of which one of them to bow
      to first, he finally found himself bowing to his Guru,
      with the realization that only through his Guru could
      he have developed the opportunity to meet Shiva. I
      feel a little bit like this about acid. Only through
      acid (perhaps, I should capitalize it. Acid.)did I
      have the experiences that would convince me that there
      was another order of Consciousness out there (out
      there?) and allow me to recognize and reach for it
      when the time came.

      As you can see, my interest in Acid is renewed, and
      becoming part of my ongoing recapitulation and
      inspection of my life. If no one objects, I'll present
      a few more of my ruminations on the subject in the
      future. I find myself wondering if the interest we are
      currently seeing in the non-dual experience and
      Realization would even exist, at least in the form we
      currently experience, without the benign, and
      sometimes not so benign, influence of the Acid
      experience. What are kids using to guide themselves
      into spiritual life? Does Acid have a life outside of
      the all night Rave?

      Tune in tomorrow, folks, to see if our young friends
      will avoid our mistakes and enter directly into
      Nirvana without benefit of a chemical propulsion