Sunday, June 17

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2001

      Thank you for responding to the poll.

      What people call realization or enlightenment already exists
      - it is not 'something' to be acquired. Therefore, any and
      every attempt to 'attain' it is an exercise in self-defeating

      There is no difference between ignorance and enlightenment as
      long as there is a conceptual entity to experience either

      Comment: "Good to know that everything is just imagination."
      Question: "Now... what to do with that information?"

      The imagination is fine, it's the view that the mind's focus
      of attention on a limited area of that imagination is the
      basis for an identity between the all-pervasive Self/Light
      and the images seen in the mind's lense that are mistaken.
      Enquiring to whom the images occur or hearing that one's Self
      is different from the images, there arises a sense of
      recollection that dissolved the identity between the 2 and
      with that release comes a sudden outshining and expanse of
      consciousness, that becomes more and more pervasive while you
      are pulled into the Singularity of the Self.

      Thus, the information is really to note that when attention
      is relinquished, the identity with the images also ceases

      I have heard from 'A.R.' in Sacramento. If there is anyone in the
      Sacramento area open to meeting another 'nondualist', please let me

      Write Jerry at umbada@...

      Also, write me if you are interested in contacting this person:

      Interested in meeting advaita-inclined people in the
      Wiltshire/Somerset sort of area. I'm in Devizes, and
      particularly drawn to the Nisargadatta/Ramesh Balsekar/Wayne
      Liquorman strand.

      Also, this person:
      "I have a great desire to meet other people here in Toronto Canada."

      Also, Erich wrote:

      Erich here, interested in "corrsponding" with others in their
      region. I seem not to understand the corresponance point of
      us so well yet so if you're happening to drop by in Oaxaca /
      Mexico let me know.

      "One went to the door of the Beloved and
      knocked. A voice asked, 'Who is there?'
      He answered, 'It is I.'
      The voice said, 'There is no room for Me and Thee.'
      The door was shut.

      After a year of solitude and deprivation he returned and knocked.
      A voice from within asked, 'Who is there?'
      The man said, 'It is Thee.'
      The door was opened for him."

      Dear friends,

      I will be offline most of this month and next and will be on
      and off rest of the summer periodically. I want to thank the
      generous participation of everyone in the Haiku contest.
      There was compassion, humor, wisdom, and brilliant
      enlightenment in each one of your Haiku poems and they were
      truly savored. Thank you for these precious gifts that came
      from the great reservoir of creativity. We are all grateful
      for your sharing.

      As I went through the Haiku poems, the impossibility of
      judging the best Haiku finally dawned upon me. I had bit more
      than I could chew. My dharma and nature are more inclined
      towards serving than judging. I am a poor Judge. I could
      probably be a good Judge for the Miss America contest. But
      even there I would have trouble picking the "best". The
      stories I could tell would make you weep! But this is a
      festive moment.

      By the way, David Hodges, the American Haiku master offered
      his help in selecting the best Haiku poem and I am grateful
      for that. However, I felt that shifting the responsibility of
      judging on someone else does not change the act of judgment.

      So here we are. All the Haiku information was standardized
      using sophisticated statistical programs and powerful
      servers. In addition, we used super high artificial
      intelligence technology.

      After analyzing all the Haiku poems, our super computer
      (which had been listening to oldie goldies) printed out its
      own poem.

      The joy is in the journey
      Big wheels keep on turning
      Proud Mary keeps on burning