Digest, August 10.

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 1999
      Hello. This is our shortest digest ever. The Nonduality
      Salon has been quiet as much activity is taking place on
      Melody's aGathering list on Onelist. It could use its own
      digest! I'm sure you'll enjoy the following few items, taken
      from Tuesday, August 10, as much as any we've brought you.

      Petros brings us:

      (from "In this Moment," an unpublished collection of satsang
      dialogues with Neelam.)

      Q. My experience with teachers is that it's hard to stay
      tuned and connected with the glimpse of Reality that is
      given to me. Perhaps I need a better connection.

      N. Whatever you want, but I tell you that "connection"
      means trouble! You know something about this. One day it
      works, the next day it doesn't, yes? You don't want this
      constant trouble. So why not want what you are? Why not
      just that? This doesn't need anything. No maintenance
      necessary! So it's not a teacher you need, it's your Self
      that you need to discover, finally. Otherwise, there will
      always be something else outside of you that will require
      this whole shtick. Yes, so this is the only desire . . .
      for your Self. That will finish it all off. Simply the
      willingness to follow it wherever it takes you. For once do
      not be led by anything else.

      Xan sends:

      You are the unchanging awareness in which all activity takes
      To deny this is to suffer, to know this is Freedom.

      David visits:

      "The God Who Only Knows Four Words":

      Every Child Has known God,

      Not the God of names,

      Not the God of don�ts,

      Not the God who ever does

      Anything weird,

      But the God who only knows four words

      And keeps repeating them, saying:

      "Come dance with Me." Come Dance.

      ( by Hafiz, the great Sufi Master, translated by Daniel

      Xan says:

      Is this the same home we've been told that we never left?
      What part of us thinks it is somewhere else and that it
      takes effort to get there?

      We have been struggling for a very long time because we have
      forgotten our home is in this moment, within and all around

      Remembering Home happens when struggle ceases