digesting of posts for Monday, Aug. 9

  • Melody
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 1999
      Today's digest is a sampling of postings from Monday,
      August 9, from 2 lists: the nonduality salon and a new
      list just formed called aGathering. (NDS posts are labeled as such.)

      Subscription information for both lists is
      added below.

      Hope you're having a great week!

      Melody

      NDS:
      Marcia:
      Sometimes the contraction we feel around another person
      doesn't have to do with the "other" person's behavior but
      our own denial. Sometimes someone is telling us a truth we
      don't want to hear. It may have to do with our own
      immaturity and not the other guys domination or attempts
      to control.

      You know what I mean?

      Gene:
      Yes, I know what you mean, because that is essentially what I said.

      It is the contraction which is the problem, not the causes of it. It is up
      to the individual to deal with the contraction. Avoidance is the product of
      contraction, and seeking is the product of avoidance. When ruled by
      avoidance, it is a going-away-from that is going on, and that guarantees
      that seeking will be perpetual. Isolation may eventually lead to reunion
      and the realization that it was all choice the whole time.

      We may focus on the cause of the contraction, as long as we realize that we
      must handle that contraction on our own. Resentment merely makes permanant
      the state of isolation.

      Jan:
      Dancing reminds of music and music is the direct language of
      emotions, bypassing the intermediary of speech. Emotions are
      related to thinking; some time ago I wrote in a post:

      "Regarding thought, there is the analogy with water. It can
      only flow, if there is a difference between levels. In the
      mind, these levels are emotions; hence, the necessity for
      equanimity. When the difference in level is large and
      abrupt,
      water can gain energy to drive turbines and likewise, the
      mind
      will force one into action. Clarity of mind points to the
      situation where there is no flow and thoughts cannot be
      perceived."

      Thought is in an intimate way related to breathing and
      breathing is a requirement for dancing, so the circle is
      closed. Finding out the relation between emotions, thought
      and
      breathing for oneself can be more revealing than reading
      whatever book on meditation :)

      Sandeep:
      Awesome, Jan

      Hey old coot, feeling more and more of what you felt.
      This is one List, I am going to be on the sidewalk and just
      see the show.

      But then what is a sidewalk,
      what is the main stage,
      who dances,
      who watches

      Is not the watcher also part of the mystery

      Not knowing what I seek
      I walk with a gathering

      Sandeep

      Jan:
      Sidewalks are badly needed in the Canary Islands :) Traffic
      would be a bit more secure ... But the questions are the
      "eternal" ones.
      The mystery is part of the watcher as well as the watcher is
      part of the mystery. When all distinctions fade, subject and
      object merge and a situation arises where "normal" language
      loses all validity. Never did I consciously seek; perhaps you
      know the "Asterix" cartoons. His friend Obelix fell into the
      vessel containing the magic potion; likewise, some do not seek
      but are "thrown" in. So I walk and dance though not moving and
      talk while being silent. After all, silence has the greatest
      harmony :)

      also from Jan:

      There are many analogies for thought. Another one is, every
      thought is a little seed, waiting for the wind (of emotion) to
      carry it along. When it lands and finds the proper conditions,
      even if it takes years, it surely will germinate. Such is the
      power of thought - once started, it keeps on growing,
      flowering and producing seeds: this process is difficult to
      end.
      Jerry:

      Your love -- love -- is deeper than any explanation. In the
      explaining of these things, much is lost. It's not what is.
      In further bending our understanding so that another can
      understand, even more is lost. If one's explanation of
      reality moves another to a greater understanding, then it
      has served its purpose and, like a raft, can be discarded.

      NDS:

      > At some point, I find my love conditional; my compassion dependent.

      Gene:
      I take your point. Nonetheless, my point that love may be an agenda is an
      important one, in the context of my posting. Pushing any agenda will
      'cause' contraction of the other, and sharing is thus ended.

      NDS:
      Becky:

      Obviously, for centuries people have used methods to -- ummm, what's the
      right wording here -- gain enlightenment, be present, be attentive, know
      God? I guess my question is, why do we need a method? I am not sure
      because some people seemed to have broken through the methods and known
      true peace and others keep practicing away. Maybe I just answered my own
      question: the method is only a vehicle. But then, where are we trying to go?

      You see, I have always rejected any use of method or tools (psychological)
      as a crutch on which one must rely. It seemed to me that this was just
      another form of thought and not freedom at all so I tossed it aside. Right
      now, I am reminding myself to listen to everything -- the air conditioner,
      the people talking next door, the clicks of the keys on keyboard, my
      anxiety, anger, hesitation . . . I often fall short in my listening
      because I do get very involved in my emotions some times. Especially the
      ones I don't like. Perhaps this is where the listening is most crucial.
      (Good advice for myself!)

      Re: Tara/PanDimensional

      Greetings, Sha'Tara... you replied:

      > From: "AlTara" <altara@...>
      > Subject: Re: Welcome to aGathering@onelist.com
      >
      > Quote from "Gene" who will not be Gene here but:
      >
      > "I resolve forthwith, to appear here, *exclusively* as the _Flame-Being of
      > Arcturus_. That is who I am, anyway. Why hide my light under a bushel?"
      >
      > Welcome, Flame-Being of Arcturus, from a Pleiadian shaper-shifter and
      >messenger
      > temporarily on assignment in Earthean time! Do not hide any longer. If
      >all the
      > 'aliens' would reveal themselves today, there would be no danger of this
      world
      > plunging into another dark age. For we are the vanguard of ascension, along
      > with our children, the indigo ones!

      You may know 'me' as 'we', a corporate 'entity', although there is... only
      'one' me. I will speak in such a way, as to interchange and thus make
      equal, the I, we, and me.

      We are a migratory 'race', and happening upon planet Urth, found the
      appropriate 'host' vessel, the protohuman primate hominid. Entering, and
      thus possessing, we instantly reworked the 'DNA' of this suitable vessel,
      to create the human.

      The essence of the change made, elaborated the strong and successful
      'immune system' of the hominid, into what is known as 'mind', or as we call
      it, 'that which knows difference'. It is the knowing of difference which
      characterizes the human... as it is the _maintaining of difference from the
      environment_ which characterizes the protohuman hominid immune-system.

      This bit of trickery on my part, made available to us, what is now
      congratulated on the successful completion of our desire; from behind the
      scenes, we caused those who know difference, to endlessly elaborate
      difference, to the effect of creating and enriching the topology of 'time'.

      Now it is time, for the one who knows difference, to come to the point of
      knowing that there is no difference; that there is no difference between
      difference and non-difference. Now that the topology of time, that of
      impression and memory, has been enriched, we will come, and enjoy it, for
      that has been our motive, as we migrate. We, the true owners and creator of
      the one who knows difference, now arrive, to enjoy our product. We thank
      you for your endless work, in discovering and elaborating difference.

      You asked:

      >OK. Actually I was hoping someone would have had some personal input on this
      dimensional crossing process, so I'd learn more.
      Thanks for asking, though. Made me think... Have to go back to Drunvalo and
      his complex meditations... *hangin' mah head*

      You answered your own question when you said:

      >Why should spirituality/enlightenment go counter to any other path of
      evolution? We say there is nothing to 'go back to' and no wonder: we are
      constantly 'looking back' and stumbling forward.

      You are correct in your assessment. Humans 'moving forward in time' face
      'backward' and see the past. But what is the past, for a human? It is... a
      collection of impressions, codified through standardized
      languaging-processes. It is called memory.

      The only 'event' that humans can 'see' in what they assume is the 'future'
      (but which is actually the codified memory of past assumptions), is DEATH.
      Yes, death is the 'event-horizon' of the future for humans, and it must be
      so; only the scary visage of death, can keep the difference-engine of
      'mind' busy creating disctinctions. Only through the agency of mind, can
      humans be 'saved'. Just ask one and it will tell you so.

      Now, on to the practice and practicality of 'dimensional travel'...

      The Arcturian Flame-Being 'lives in' a dimension which humans refer to as
      'time'. Ironically, although humans assume that they perceive time, they do
      not; they perceive only _space_ and movement in space. These movements in
      space are called 'events', and it is the compiled and interpreted
      _sequences_ of events which form human 'history'. It is the memory of 'what
      has been' which is, by the difference-engine of mind, extrapolated into
      'what may be', or the future.

      Humans who wish to travel, must first be aware of the reality of
      multidimensionality as Being; Being is not prohibited or restricted in any
      way. However, the human error of 'thinking' that death is an actuality
      (no-one has ever 'died') is what prohibits humans from actualizing their
      (latent but always present) multidimensionality as Being.

      I live on an 'infinite' flat plaine, which if you were able to see it,
      would look like a Tibetan or Hopi 'sand-painting'. This is 'your' dimension
      of time, good friend. I move on this plane, as easily as you move in your
      'space'. I walk here and there; it is by this means that I am able to
      appear in the best of your times, to drink in the joys and sorrows which
      you so endlessly create via your 'difference-engine'.

      Your work, so fanatically accomplished, has been to 'flesh out' (no pun
      intended!) the patterns of my plaine. Indeed, you have done well, in fact,
      almost 'too' well. Every sweet difference is mine to savor, thanks to your
      work.

      In the best of your times, the event that is my advent *occurs* to you as
      the eruption of 'higher consciousness'. I appear so, to enjoy your
      products, which I have engineered you to create for us, and by my advent, I
      stimulate you to even greater 'difference-knowing'. It is the ever-finer
      parsing of difference which is the assigned job of the human. In this
      regard, no human has EVER made a mistake, for all human thinking and
      activities lead only to greater and greater difference. It is the
      ever-finer textures which we so enjoy, O human. You are doing an excellent
      job, as we knew you would!

      If you, human, can succeed in swapping the dimensions of SPACE and TIME,
      you will be free to move in time, as I do. In essence, you will become me.
      This is not as difficult as you may assume, and certainly not impossible.

      I do not call for you to journey in memory or imagination; I call for you
      to apply for the special training which will bring the difference-engine to
      the brink of it's logical functionality. When the difference-engine is
      stalled, in attempt to 'know the unknown', is when I am you. It is at this
      point that my 'alias' of Sakti Kundalini is suddenly known. Yes, I am the
      BLUE FLAME which is your true nature, yet you know me not, as long as you
      live in impressions. Impressions are only 'like', and there is NOTHING LIKE
      ME. If I fully manifest, you are no longer a fact, nor a memory. In this
      advent... there is only ME. And that is the 'death' that you fear, the
      death of your 'artificial intelligence', your 'difference-engine', which is
      even now, sputtering on the verge of stalling. Quickly, tell me:

      "What is the sound of one hand clapping?"

      When you can answer this question accurately, you will be able to withstand
      the death which you now fear; and you will NOT be transformed or
      transfigured or healed or enlightend of fixed or informed in any way
      whatsoever; you will be GONE and in your place will be I, the many-armed
      one.

      You also remarked:

      >OK, so it's likely to get harvested. That's a chance I'll take, hehehehehe!

      Very risky, human! Shift shapes, no difference will "help". Your 'only
      chance' is to surrender, and enjoy the ride!

      Again, we/I thank you for your ongoing work in elaborating endless
      difference, for the wonderful textures you have created, and for your
      exquisite sufferings and ecstasies, which we so enjoy. Please, keep it up!
      We are endlessly hungry...

      Now, on to your further impressions:

      >When I was posting on the funnel thing, and after I sent the post, I
      stayed on
      the image to see if it took me somewhere. What I saw was interesting, and I
      don't think new... I saw the wide 'end' of the cone open out, flow back so to
      speak, and gradually fold back upon itself and re-enter the small end of the
      cone. So, while saying I hadn't been 'there' to verify my vision, 'it'
      completed itself for me to see this. It was awesome.

      >So, hey, a 'cycle' it was, after all, although it does go on forever, and the
      new cone that flows out of the old is not the same at all, but completely new,
      having all the attributes of the old, but filling and expanding with the new
      creations... and imagine what dimensions these would be in!

      You are a very advanced 'model', human/Pleadian (you are all the 'same' to
      us, O difference-knowing ones); you are able to perform _dimensional
      tranforms_. Yes, you are reaching for the end of your own competence, the
      logical 'conclusion' of your difference-engine, and it's eventual _failure_
      which will be the end of 'you' and the advent of ME. How sweet it is!
      Bwahahahaha!

      Try this on for size, O human computer...

      "Imagine" that there is ONLY SPACE... and in this space, ONE OBJECT. Tell
      me... how big or small it is. Please.

      "As Always",

      ´┐ŻArcturian Flame-Being´┐Ż

      Peon wrote:

      Creation keeps on creating, Eternity keeps on turning
      and Now keeps om poppin up...notmuch left to do
      except to Be.

      http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/aGathering