Friday May 25, 2001

    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2001

      | What is the purpose of Satsang? The seeker has his reasons. The
      | teacher has hers. Ones' opinions are not the  truth. What happens is
      | often magical, and unplanned.
      | You don't come to get enlightened. Enlightenment already exists. You
      | are it. The fictitious identity, the persona that you present to
      | world, doesn't fully get it. But it appears to, and then it knows
      | that enlightenment exists. Everything is seen as the same thing
      | everywhere and it is seen that the mind is not the Self.
      | Real Satsang will finish you off. You won't come back again as a
      | seeker. You  might never attend  your teacher's satsang again. You
      | will be Satsang, and everything you do will resonate the truth of
      | what you know.
      | dave oshana
      forwarded by Gill Eradley

      I just wanted to let you know of a site I just announced:
       and I thought you may be interested in it.

      Physics Forums:

      Discuss, gravity, speed of light, reality, dimensions, religion and

      All the best
      forwarded by Jerry

      Subject: Talking About "Me"

      Marcia: I have worked for so many years with people
      in a 4th Way setting, that I forget that
      most likely I won't be understood to be
      talking from a nonidentified perspective. That
      is not always the case but mostly when I talk
      about "me", I am not full of "me" but rather
      just the opposite. All the machinations of Marcia
      are not who I Am. Mechanicality is a huge force
      which moves through (ME)us. I will always be

      Alan: You will mechanically be trying to get rid of an
      I trying to get to some other I..It it endless ego
      shit. Eventually you come to a big Nada and you either
      freak out or just be your true essencie self with out
      b.s and sexual seduction from an ego high mind
      Marcia: It is only mechanicality that thinks it is
      conscious and can escape mechanicality. Mechanicality is as
      large a force as Great Nature herself. What is
      possible is that I can separate from my mechanicality
      as it moves through me. This separation is food for
      the soul.

      Alan: Yeah and  as long as you are posting ten times a
      day you aren't even close to the point of coming to
      the big no thing.You talk the talk real well..It might
      help others but you ain;t going to get it not for a
      long time yet.You'll get closer when you are more
      silent.Try twice day meditation and let the
      unconscious unload and the dark side to surface and
      then practice conscious intentional suffering by
      passing through that identification factor..Jump into
      the big void and prattling will slow down and you will
      have more energy to feed the dogs and make pancakes
      and eggs and all those other thangs too.

      with conscious awareness.That in itself will slow the
      prattle down..guaranteed.All the
      sytematics,intellectual babbling...well good luck my
      friends.Perhaps this will be of help to pass through
      some of that mechanicality.

      Oh yeah don;t worry now about the mechanicality
      because if you do you RE IDENTIFYING..sOME TIMES WE
      about coming to ones nothingness.His definition of
      nothingness is not the same as the Buddhist
      nothingness or sunyata..His definition is where there
      is still suffering.Suffering is not enough like Thich
      Nhat Hahn says..You have to give up suffering..that
      terror of the situation and just finally live your
      lives and forget all this bullshit high mind fourth
      syttematic talktalk and go out and plant some flowers
      and smell some dirt.As long as the Gurdjieff verbage
      walks you around like a dog on a leash you are more
      identified and mechanical than you realize.
      Hey ya all..Have a good day.

      The faculty of creating is never given to us all by itself.  It always goes hand in hand with the gift of observation.  And the true creator may be recognized by his ability to find about him, in the commonest and humblest thing, items worthy of note.

         ~Igor Stravinsky (1882-1971)

      posted by Mira on Perceptions Of Life list.

      Aren't you going to tell the story about the Sufi?

      I wasn't going to, but now that you ask , it's this :

         The royal court was assembled awaiting the arrival
      of the king , when a raggedly dressed Sufi fakir strolled in
      and sat in the seat reserved for the king.  The chief minister
      was aghast . He said , "Who do you think you are ,
      coming in here like this ? Do you imagine yourself a minister?"

      "A minister ?" asked the Sufi. "No , I am more than that."
      "Well you can't be the Chief Minister . I am the the Chief minister.
       Are you the King?"
      "Not the King." said the Sufi. "I am more than that."
      "Are you the Emperor?"
      "No , I am more than that."
      "The Prophet?"
      "No, I am more than that."
      "Do you think you are God?"
      "No , I am not God , I am more than that."
      "But more than God there's nothing!"
      " Yes , that is correct,"said the Sufi.
      "I am that nothing."

      from Ramesh Balsekar's Consciousness Speaks
      posted by Vicki on A Net of Jewels

      sheez tony....

      i forgezt how many new dharma doors are opening every second given that the rate of increase in the human population has reached exponential levels, but it certainly too large a number to comprehend.... how about if i be taoist and say, Ten Thousand.... as a former student of philosphy, comparative religion, and mystical theology you remind me of my tweens when i was going to catalogue and decontruct every major religon in the world until i found the one true one.... one day i did.... i stopped practicing studying my life and i started practicing living my life... you have put yourself in one hole and me in another.... i smile....a hole is a hole.... if you want to label me let me help you.... i am many parts zen,  a few less roman catholic (as in
      plotinus not the pope) definitely more monotheistic than polytheistic... since, as a modern mystic, i do not believe we can 'know'
      anything about anything because the very process of knowing something changes it into something new, i am also a non-dualist....NETI NETI.... but i do love the many varieties of buddhism.... but other than zen....probably
      Tibetan the best.... vedanta and advaita.... with their propensity to deny the real in favor of the abstract leaves me cold.... which is to say, when it comes to the gnostic heresy,  it is just that to me, a heresy (i adore Teilhhard de Chardin, Ken Wilber, Bede Griffeths, Stephen Hawking.....).... the duality between the spiritual and the material is the
      only real illusion there is..... of course there are many ways to talk about this duality, we can take consciousness and break it into pieces and create time and space,  the past and the future, life and death,  the body and the soul, the lover and the beloved.... with endless effort we can desconstruct decontructionism itself and end up in nihilism which many seekers confuse with nothingness and think, having fallen totally into delusion (despair), they are the only awake ones because of their though-minded pragmatism....in
      the end the beginning is really very simple.... when you awake in the morning are you eager to get up..... do you hear yourself laughing..... do you hear yourself crying....tonysan.....when i read your posts they make me happy and sad..... you seem to know which path everyone is on.....i am merely on the way....call it what you will.... white wolfe sits in amusement right now watching mark writing to tony..... why?.... why ask why? .... for the sheer fun of the word play.... for the absolute delight in having you tell me who you think i am.... whoever you say that i am, i am not.... i am always moving away from nouns and adjectives into verbs and adverbs..... what i will tell you since you do not seem to hear it through 'pig poetry' (love that phrase, i do....LOL everytime i stumble onto it) too well is that the beloved is manifesting itself.... you are the reason it is all here.... all these religions.... all these dialgoues.... it is all here for us to enjoy.....(i may have even created you to remind me how silly i can really be) the happiness and the sorrow.... the laughter and the tears.... the damnation and the salvation..... the war and the peace..... pick a side anyside.... just play the game, but know that you are playing the gaming you are creating and if you are losing it is because you really want to lose this time to enjoy the bitterness of defeat so that next time you can enjoy the sweetness of victory... or you can be like the white wolfe.... and enjoy them both at the same time.... remorselessly in love with his beloved and faithful to her and their sacred packe (all creation).... tonysan, you created all this for me to enjoy just now..... you are the beloved.....but i want to thank-you for not really being my beloved, because i love the game i am playing with my beloved better...she is prettier than you and darker and more mysterious and well, tony, she is a better version of you (ROTFLOL)....i am in love my dark one, mira, she is the beloved in the game i invite you to play... the many arise into two and the two join to create a new one....am i arising out of you tony or are you arising out of me.....who cares....the fun is in the deception that i am not you.....even though i know that i am......if you don't catch me first then i will catch you.....^^~~~~~~

      further up and further in,

      white wolfe

      posted on Harsha Satsangh

      posted on Perceptions of Life

      jb wrote:
      > That naughty stork! This has to be the
      "wrong" planet after all :)
      > Jan

       No this is the right planet, nothing's gone wrong.
      Eden is right here right now and perfectly accessable if you want it.

      > How was your trip? Why did you go
      > to Israel?
      I hope you have a good day also.
      > Marcia

      Very good,well done! Thank you for the attention with no negative
      reactive emotion nor reminders of mine.You are doing well.My trip was
      fruitful,culturally enlightening and brought to me knew meaning of
      religious and cultural allegiance and mechanicality.The awareness of
      this place and the harsh way that people react to each other led me
      to think and imagine that I might be a reincarnated Jew or Arab.
      Why I go there? I went to check out a Transcendental meditation
      Kibbutz on the Sea of Gallilee and a 4th way group in Yofat and
      Because there is a woman there that I have fallen in love with and I
      wanted to be with her,see where she lived,how she lived and learn
      about the people and way of life etc.
      Actually I think I am going to return someday to teach meditation and
      the way of the contemplative and try to help link it up to all of the
      transpersonal verbage and Jewish Kabbalist contemplative prayer.Jack
      Kornfield and Rabbi david Cooper,Melinda Ribner have done a lot to
      help Judaism make sense of its ritual fundamental reality(Goog book
      titled Meditation from the Heart Of Judaism by Avram Davis..Nice
      Jewish bot turned Buddhist for many years goes home to help make
      sense  in light of mindfulness practice and body sensation meditation
      of Jewish ritual)Israel is a spiritually hungry place and starving on
      its fundmentalism.They are a very erotic people with lots of
      exieohary.The trouble is some try to hide it and play discreet games
      for fear of losing something they don;t have anyways rather than try
      to touch their own childhood and addolescence negative self
      esteem .Some don;t understand that Honesty is the best policy and are
      probably still at the stage of painting sparrows and selling them for
      american caneries if you know what I mean? People will rip you
      off,exploit you if you are not careful and have some one with you who
      speaks hebrew as well as cunning enough to know their games.It is a
      beautiful place in many ways and a compilation of a very high tech
      society..there is the sense of an old culture,old way of life turning
      over very fast.The people are on edge a lot and at the same time they
      pay little attention to machine guns and m-16 s being fired in the
      night while asleep.The Bahai Gardens were beautiful,The Moslems
      praying and singing at night you could also hear carried by the winds
      from Arab villages a few  miles away ..All of this reminded me of the
      duality in nonduality that we all live in.You have a good day too.
      If nonduality cares to see a few rolls of current pictures of various
      places of Israel let me know. I will post them alan_k_97267@...

      Does the fact that you have fallen in love with
      a woman in Israel mean you are no longer
      married? Forgive me if I am being dense here. :-)
      Or too personal. Or way behind the times.

      Yeah thats what it means but it was heading in that
      direction before I met her.Married 20 years and gave
      it up like a bad habit..No not too personal at all.
      Dissoltution of marriage was legal as of April
      11th..Moved out of the house in November..went to
      Capetown south Africa for 4-5 weeks,came back to work
      for two weeks and got fired after working there and
      working hard at keeping my job for 12 years then went
      to Israel and tryed to find work there to no avail .
      Working towards getting into entirely new
      field..Taking it all just one day at a time.This list
      and others has been a help for me and has inspired me
      to move this type of community into the relative too.I
      will be posting some information...a flyer soon for
      the local Portland ,Oregon area and will be inspiring
      folks from various meditation practice and traditions
      to meet once a week for a one hour dialogue with a
      particular theme followed by a half hour meditation
      and then coffee,pastry and cookies as one wishes.This
      is going to be at a local N.W. coffee house that rents
      out a large upper room for events like this.The cover
      charge will be some where between 10 and 15 dollars a
      a person. People that can;t seem to fit into any
      particular tradition or system but desire to keep up a
      daily meditation practice and even define their
      reasons to do this or those wanting to even learn a
      traditional method of meditation and participate  in a
      community open to the many possibilities would really
      be welcome and encouraged to come..Gurdjieff people
      can share Gurdjieff stuff,Advaita people Advaita
      stuff,christian contemplatives share their stuff,Zen
      Buddhist bring on their stuff etc etc .....All
      followed  by silent meditation..Those who would
      resonate with Vipassana will do vipassana Shamatha,Zen
      do zazen,tm 'ers do tm,cp er's do cp,some do body
      sensation or you can just sit and pick your toe
      nails,follow your breath or just sit there and feel
      your sexiness or lack of and then cookie,tea and
      coffee time.I like the idea..Its something I always
      wanted to do but never had the confidence.Anyways
      heres a couple pictures of the Bahai gardens and one
      of me..I'd post one of my friend but shes at the
      discreet stage.
      So anyone out here interested in a type of
      sitting,this type of environemt and are in the
      Portland,Oregon area do let me know.It would be nice
      to get at least 10 people together on a some what
      regular basis.Email me at alan_k_972672yahoo.com

      Anyway, I really don't think essence relationships
      are possible over the net. Perhaps as an adjunct
      to a relationship in the flesh, it may be possible.
      But energies are exchanged, nonverbal, in the
      presence of others. The verbal is the most
      superficial level. In fact, I read my friends not
      by what they do or don't say but by how they
      are. The energy of self-remembering is palpable.