Thursday May 24th

  • andrew macnab
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25 4:58 PM
      > Hey Jerry, and all,
      > Seems that we who interact cyberly on matters of soul and spirit have
      > an unprecedented/not yet fully defined allegiance with each other,
      > with 'truth'. Coming together in person is the fulfillment of such
      > activity, bringing the net experience full-circle. I envy those able
      > to attend the gatherings;not able to attend, I automatically resign
      > myself to a 'second-class' citiZenship of NDS land.
      >
      > I agree that coming together and solitude can both equally be
      > "main things." thanks, John

      Hi John,

      There are no second class citiZens. I will soon be bothering a lot of people
      to 'enroll' -- if they wish -- in my 'meet another nondualist' program. Let
      me know if you're interested in that. There have been some interesting
      meetings held.

      Jerry

      ---Dear Jerry,
      Yes i know Dr. Berkow is in wilmington. we are casual aquaintances.
      He is very nice.
      Love Gracie

      ºhi jan,
      º
      ºi find myself lounging on your beach, and neither laughing nor not
      ºlaughing! <laugh>
      º
      ºjerry

      Life as a cartoon - a perspective that never gets boring :)
      Funny that no one concocted a society and an economy
      based on the nondual triviality that there isn't an owner of anything.
      You are welcome at the beach though :)

      Jan

      Namaste All,

      After reading many of these so called non dual posts. I have
      generated a thought in my mind that this is great illusion. Many of
      the experiences are of the non thinking variety, within illusion.
      This is akin to a yoga nidra and is a dead end mirage. It is not
      really the cessation and achievment imagined. It is a false silence,
      and is not a break through. Ahh well no sadhana I suppose, the mind
      and ego is a great trickster that deceives and cons to stay alive.

      ONS....Tony...the great prophet of bollix.

      The following is a quote from Exchanges Within
      by Lord Pentland. Lord Pentland worked with
      Mr. G. directly. I am wondering how you all
      see what he has to say. I don't have an "opinion"
      on the quote. I am more curious as to how it
      is perceived here on this list.

      "You will see the role you are accepting--wishing to
      learn, wishing to understand--you will gradually see,
      if you take it seriously, that this role, wishing for
      help, is not so simple as you may have thought.
      We never really wish for help unless we have no
      feelings at all. When we have feelings we do not
      wish for help. When we have something which we
      call existence--feelings--we do not wish for help.
      When we have no feelings, we wish for feelings.
      We do not wish for help. When we are dry,
      we do not ask for help. We say, "How can I get some
      feelings." The idea of wishing for help does not
      belong to the times when you have feelings and
      it does not belong to the time when you do not
      have feelings. Most of life is divided between
      when one has feelings--tolerable--and when one
      is without feelings--intolerable. This sounds a long
      way from Gurdjieff's teaching. But I don't think
      it is so far from living."

      Marcia

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Hi Marcia,

      The way I understand it is that as long as feelings
      are the sole motivators of thought and action, not
      only won't there be a need for help, the very offer
      of it would be discarded as "egoism" from the one
      offering it. But (seemingly) without feelings, another
      feeling arises, interpreted as "purposeless emptiness"
      and whatever is offered to alleviate this will be
      accepted.
      Truly without feelings would denote something very
      different though - "causeless happiness". No need for
      help nor to offer it :)

      Jan

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      NDS

      Marcia, you asked for comments...

      >From: Marcia Paul <jacpa@e...>
      >Date: Thu May 24, 2001 5:35 pm
      >Subject: Wishing for Help
      >
      >The following is a quote from Exchanges Within
      >by Lord Pentland. Lord Pentland worked with
      >Mr. G. directly. I am wondering how you all
      >see what he has to say. I don't have an "opinion"
      >on the quote. I am more curious as to how it
      >is perceived here on this list.
      >
      >"You will see the role you are accepting--wishing to
      >learn, wishing to understand--you will gradually see,
      >if you take it seriously, that this role, wishing for
      >help, is not so simple as you may have thought.

      Topic changes here:

      >We never really wish for help unless we have no
      >feelings at all. When we have feelings we do not
      >wish for help.

      Here, he confronts his audience in typical hair-raising 'Mr G'
      fashion. He realizes the incredible value of inducing deep fear,
      uncertainty, and even dread into his students. He knows that he has
      to knock out the dominant "I", so he goes about doing that, below:

      >When we have something which we
      >call existence--feelings--we do not wish for help.
      >When we have no feelings, we wish for feelings.
      >We do not wish for help. When we are dry,
      >we do not ask for help. We say, "How can I get some
      >feelings."

      I agree with his observations, above.

      >The idea of wishing for help does not
      >belong to the times when you have feelings and
      >it does not belong to the time when you do not
      >have feelings.

      By saying these things, he causes his students to have feelings; now,
      a student may feel that it is appropriate to ask for help. Truly
      asking for help, necessitates putting the dominant 'I' into a
      subordinate role, for the sake of making room for the teacher. From
      this point on, the teacher's voice sounds and feels like that of the
      dominant 'I'. (Benevolent?) control has now been established.

      Beware ye, who allow this reapportionment of psychic energy to occur,
      under the influence of an unconscious teacher.

      >Most of life is divided between
      >when one has feelings--tolerable--and when one
      >is without feelings--intolerable. This sounds a long
      >way from Gurdjieff's teaching. But I don't think
      >it is so far from living."
      >
      >Marcia

      Conclusion: A classical example of laying a field of control-energy
      on a batch of newbies or 'cherries'.

      And that is a perfectly legitimate way to conduct business. The
      student will eventually realize and then be able to deploy it,
      hirself.

      There seem to be few, who are capable of installing the classical 'G'
      implant, and then keeping watch as the struggle to remove it, begins
      and proceeds. It seems that usually, only one who as been implanted
      by Mr G himself, can install the implant into students. So there is
      indeed a lineage.

      The whole 'G' episode, need not have occurred, of course. Direct
      phasic coupling/connection is and always has been available.

      That specially cultivated, paralysis-invoking, fear/uncertainty/doubt
      (FUD) producing-talent, which allows each implanted one, to create
      eddies into which others are then sucked, and who then must ask for
      help, etc etc etc... the strain perpetuates itself by provoking the
      special vulnerability of the potential host. It is a genuine 'Human
      Operating System Upgrade', but it is one which has been transcended
      and surpassed by later OS patches.

      What is on the screen

      ==Gene Poole==

      Jody:

      Guess what? You're in the beyond right now. Like Madge says
      on TV: "You're soaking in it!"

      Jody:

      ...like the eye that sees all except itself, try and guess who's
      the biggest fool of them all!